PDA

View Full Version : atom interview

dexterisMYman
08-25-2005, 10:03 AM
i was wondering if anyone had the offspring nation interview. my computer keeps freezing whenever i go to open it. so if someone could get the interview and post it(not the link) that would great. thanks.
*Sheena*

Tijs
08-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Here you go, sorry for the quality, but otherwise it would've take a long time to load. Ah well, you can read it:

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4136/atominterview1wx.jpg

Nirushika6789
08-25-2005, 04:23 PM
Here you go, sorry for the quality, but otherwise it would've take a long time to load. Ah well, you can read it:

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4136/atominterview1wx.jpg
nothing is showing up for me

dexterisMYman
08-25-2005, 04:57 PM
thanx but i just got back from the library and i got it there. but thanx

Nirushika6789
08-25-2005, 04:58 PM
thanx but i just got back from the library and i got it there. but thanx

can u post the interview?? tijs's one ...i cant see it

dexterisMYman
08-25-2005, 05:00 PM
umm no thats the reason this thread was created so i could get the interview b/c i cant get it w/o my computer freezing.

Nirushika6789
08-25-2005, 05:02 PM
umm no thats the reason this thread was created so i could get the interview b/c i cant get it w/o my computer freezing.
oh ok ....can anyone else see tijs one and take a print screen of it

offspring_freak_3
08-25-2005, 05:11 PM
oh ok ....can anyone else see tijs one and take a print screen of it
print screen will delay too much

here is:

Dec. 17, 2003
Atom Willard Interview For Offspringnation.com
By David Becker
D: How does it feel to be part of a punk/rock phenomenon such as The Offspring, which
has spanned two decades and counting?
Atom: Itís killer. People are so excited to see the band, and thatís fun to be a part of.
D: Do you feel that you have big shoes to fill with the departure of Ron Welty?
Atom: Thereís definitely a responsibility that goes along with the drum spot for this band,
to keep songs (in the set) moving and to have fun. I think Iím getting by.
D: What bands have you been part of in the past?
Atom: Most recently The Special Goodness with Pat from Weezer. Also Moth, Melissa
Auf Der Maur, The Alkaline trio, and Rocket From The Crypt was where I grew up for 10
years.
D: After seeing your performance at the Opera House in Toronto, it is very apparent that
you are a very accomplished drummer. Do you play any other instruments?
Atom: Not so much.
D: What makes up your musical gear?
Atom: Mostly drumsÖa few cymbalsÖ.
HA!
I play Orange County Drum And Percussion drums and Zildjian Cymbals
D: Many musicians are self-taught, and have a natural ďear.Ē Is this the case with you, or
did you study music while growing up?
Atom: I got my first drum set when I was 4 so there were a few attempts at formal
lessons but nothing lasted more than a couple of weeks.
D: How did you acquire the opportunity to join The Offspring, and have you known them
for a long period of time?
Atom: I was recommended by Josh Freese and a few other people the guys knew,
which was lucky because I didnít know them at all before that.
D: As you a resident of sunny California, how do you feel about traveling around the
world Ė sometimes to colder climates such as Canada?
Atom: Itís great. It makes you really appreciate yr home.
D: What other bands or musicians do you listen to? Anything of late that you are
particularly into?
Atom: I listen to all sorts of music! I like the new Black Eyed Peas record. The newest
and oldest Queens of the stone age records. Loudermilk from Washington state is great.
D: Iím really jealous of your black-rimmed shades! Where did you get them? Would this
be a throwback to Buddy Hollyís influence?
Atom: This awesome store in Pasadena, CA called Old Focals. They have all the good
shit.
D: Do you surf/skateboard/snowboard?
Atom: I skated a lot through high school, but now I just snowboard.
D: While in Toronto, Noodles expressed his love for American beers, particularly
Budweiser. Do you have a favorite brew?
Atom: GUINESS
D: Dexter has recently spoken regarding the new album Splinter, expressing that the
album ďsplinters off into different musical directions.Ē How has this been accomplished?
Do you have a favorite single from Splinter?
Atom: I think that the songs on this record are all great. They have a wide variety of
sounds along with tons of energy. I like Head around you quite a bit.
D: Many fans are curious to know if Atom is your birth-name, or a nickname that you
particularly like?
Atom: Iíve been Atom for about 14 years.
D: What is your favorite song to play live?
Atom: Da Hui and/or Head Around You.
D: I understand that The Offspring have recorded seven albums. Did you find it difficult
learning all the songs in such a short time before touring with the band?
Atom: Luckily Greg K and Dexter gave me an abbreviated list of songs to learnÖwhew!
D: What are your outside hobbies and interests? Do you have time to pursue them with
such a demanding schedule?
Atom: Mostly hot rods and mountain biking. The bike thing I can do on the road, but itís
harder to bring your garage in the bus.
D: How do you feel about fans downloading/sharing music? Do you believe that this
helps to promote artists?
Atom: You know itís a sticky thing. People get so worked up about it. I think itís neat to
be able to hear music you are curious about.
Once a group of songs is available to buy, like a bands new record, and people want to
know what the rest of the record is like (besides what they hear on the radio), it can be a
cool tool for those people. Iíd like to think that if your record is good enough ,people are
going to buy it no matter what.
D: How difficult is it for you as a celebrity to go out and do ordinary/everyday things? Are
you mobbed, or do fans respect your privacy.
Atom: Itís not really like that at all for me. I rarely get recognized on the street, a little
more often at rock shows, but itís not the norm.
D: What role do you think that fan sites play in promoting the popularity of The Offspring?
Atom: Kids that want to find out about anything these days go to the internet. If thereís a gang of sites for The Offspring, they will have all these avenues, these opportunities to
check out the band with. I say the more the merrier. Just get yr facts right!
D: Thank you once again for the opportunity to get to know you better. I hope you guys
come back to Toronto soon. All the best with your touring schedule.
Atom: Right on. Thanks