PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your Cd's From?

Apathy
08-25-2005, 11:42 AM
I usually go to best buy, but I have to find someplace new, Best Buy's Selection sucks. They don't have lots of the Cd's I look for every time I go.

Where does everyone else get their cd's from?

Mentally_Challenged
08-25-2005, 11:44 AM
I buy most of mine off Amazon. Or, from HMV.

Edit: I doubt you have HMV over there though.

BananaFish
08-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Either Best Buy or Circuit City. Or anywhere that doesn't charge over $13 for a CD. I'm not picky, as long as I don't have to pay too much.

original_prankster
08-25-2005, 11:47 AM
I go to FYE, because it's the only place in this small town with a good CD selection. Some of the prices are rediculous, usually on films and games, but it's still a good store for CDs.

Mannen som blev en gris
08-25-2005, 11:53 AM
www.cdon.com. Sometimes www.ginza.se I really don't understand why cds in regular stores often cost twice as much (or more) than online.... It's.... sad.

dexterisMYman
08-25-2005, 11:57 AM
best buy, FYE,CC, and a little store down here called music den. sometimes at Barnes and Noble or Borders b/c they have alot of rare cds. i got my S/T offspring at B-n-N.

bloodsugar
08-25-2005, 11:58 AM
itunes or amoeba music in hollywood, they have everything you can dream of new & used at great prices.

Tired_Of_You
08-25-2005, 12:00 PM
Sometimes HMV, but I don't always go at the same place.

Spork
08-25-2005, 12:05 PM
I buy most of mine off Amazon. Or, from HMV.

Edit: I doubt you have HMV over there though.

Likewise, Amazon or HMV.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-25-2005, 12:17 PM
I steal them from geeks, and/or weaklings.

Apathy
08-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Nimrod In Town']I steal them from geeks, and/or weaklings.

I imagine you're joking, but I know someone who actually does this. He's never bought a cd in his life, yet he owns at least a hundred. Few downsides though, you don't get exactly what you want, and you could get caught.

Wow, Lots of people buy off the internet. I would never do that, I'd rather have the Cd Exactly when I buy it, not have to wait a few days.

The Cinder
08-25-2005, 12:31 PM
www.Interpunk.com is great

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-25-2005, 12:33 PM
I imagine you're joking, but I know someone who actually does this. He's never bought a cd in his life, yet he owns at least a hundred. Few downsides though, you don't get exactly what you want, and you could get caught.

Wow, Lots of people buy off the internet. I would never do that, I'd rather have the Cd Exactly when I buy it, not have to wait a few days.

Duh. I buy them on my local Cd store. It's SLAMING.

Mannen som blev en gris
08-25-2005, 12:34 PM
That, of course, is the downside. But I don't mind waiting the 2 days is usually takes (although I had to wait for a month for my copy of Offspring's self-titled :/).

Kerr
08-25-2005, 12:41 PM
I go to a shop called The Left Legged Pineapple. Some of their stuff is a bit expensive though, and if it isn't hardcore punk (i.e. Indie or any other popular bands) I go to Castle Records as they are very cheap. I also go to The Music Shop as they do really sheap second hand stuff, some albums I actually wanna get. Virgin is a rip-off, except it has two Metallica tribute albums I might ask for Christmas. I'd only go there as a last resort when I am not in the downloading mood.

notoriousdoc
08-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Fopp, it's great and cheap

Rag Doll
08-25-2005, 12:57 PM
FYE, Amazon, iTunes, and a small local store called Sound Exchange.

killer_queen
08-25-2005, 01:11 PM
I have no idea. I never buy CDs. When mommy goes out she buys me a CD which she wants me to listen and when I want a CD I just tell her to buy it.

rodney mullen
08-25-2005, 05:27 PM
fye

to short

30 second rule

kickass0987654321
08-25-2005, 05:28 PM
I ususally buy my cds from Tower Records.

Alec
08-25-2005, 06:07 PM
a cd store

brozio_greenday_fanatic
08-26-2005, 08:57 AM
ebays da best 4 cds :) cheap n good quality

coke_a_holic
08-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Best Buy, FYE, Circuit City, and Tower. I wish we had some cool local music stores which aren't chains, but DC pretty much only has chain stores.

fairy call
08-28-2005, 07:34 AM
In some local record store, because the keeper knows a lot about everything he sells, and he's all nice. And when I'm in Ghent, I usually buy something in a record store called 'phyrrus', because it's really cheap, and they have lots of good music there.

Aimeht
08-28-2005, 07:37 AM
Mostly from www.cdon.com.

Thucydides
08-28-2005, 08:24 AM
A shop in Coventry market, or if there's a sale in Virgin then I'll look there.

Punky Dudess
08-28-2005, 08:54 AM
HMV, Ebay, or i just make my own.

Inky
08-28-2005, 11:14 AM
an Indie shop nearby

panzor41
08-29-2005, 05:50 AM
Ebay,Best Buy, or Newbury Comics.

witweew
05-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Well, we could talk all day about the moral implications of illegal music downloading. There seem to be a fair number of people who back up their massive pirate mp3 collections with something about "the music industry is dumb" or "sharing doesn't hurt artists" or whatever. All a bit dubious for me -- is it coincidence that music sales started plummeting the exact moment in 2000 that Napster came out? And these days, a lot of artist are selling DIRECT on itunes and etc. -- so when u pirate their songs, you are literally deciding not to pay the person who made the music -- there is often NO record company involved now....

Anyway ... my take is that I tend to use iTunes not for any moral reason, but just because I HATE dealing with the two main problems with limewire/bearshare etc

Problem #1 -- spyware/virus/filth
Problem #2 -- lack of selection

I'm into techno/trance/electronic music almost exclusively, and a lot of the stuff is actually pretty HARD to find on limewire... I could spend hours looking for it but I prefer not.

I tend to search around on iTunes for compliation series that I feel have good selections, and then just buy whole compilations... recently I've been spending way too much money on this series -- http://electricnation2010.com/tracks
:eek:

coke_a_holic
05-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Pirating music makes it sound better.

GBH2
05-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Well, we could talk all day about the moral implications of illegal music downloading. There seem to be a fair number of people who back up their massive pirate mp3 collections with something about "the music industry is dumb" or "sharing doesn't hurt artists" or whatever. All a bit dubious for me -- is it coincidence that music sales started plummeting the exact moment in 2000 that Napster came out? And these days, a lot of artist are selling DIRECT on itunes and etc. -- so when u pirate their songs, you are literally deciding not to pay the person who made the music -- there is often NO record company involved now....

Anyway ... my take is that I tend to use iTunes not for any moral reason, but just because I HATE dealing with the two main problems with limewire/bearshare etc

Problem #1 -- spyware/virus/filth
Problem #2 -- lack of selection

I'm into techno/trance/electronic music almost exclusively, and a lot of the stuff is actually pretty HARD to find on limewire... I could spend hours looking for it but I prefer not.

for me, pirating is as simple as this- i do not want to pay for something i can get for free. i don't have any moral rationalizations or justifications; i just don't care, and choose not to care.

Short_Attention_Span
05-21-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't have any money. So, if people upload stuff, I'll check it out. It's not a very good reason, but still.

I usually end up getting my stuff from music blogs.
________
Uggs (http://uggstoreshop.com/)

jacknife737
05-21-2008, 11:27 PM
witweew = spam user