PDA

View Full Version : Sublime

pretty fly 88
08-25-2005, 10:53 PM
This isn't my favorite band in the world, but they do have some really awesome songs, like Date Rape, Wrong Way, What I Got, and What I Got(Reprise). Santeria is also a great song after you've heard it several times. I have their greatest hits CD, but I'm a little disturbed at the fact that it has What I Got, but not What I Got (Reprise), when I think What I Got (Reprise) is much better. The original What I Got sounds kinds messed up to me, even though it's still good. The songs that I really think are overrated: Smoke Two Joints, Badfish, and Doin Time. I really wish Somke Two Joints had more lyrics. That song is too much guitar solo and not enough lyrics. And I don't like the lyrics to Badfish too much (e.g.: "Are you a Badfish?"). "Doin Time is also kinda annoying to me.

coke_a_holic
08-25-2005, 10:55 PM
Robbin the Hood is the most excellent cd to get after you get the s/t and 40 oz. You can listen to the original instrumental tracks which spawned under my voodoo and santeria. There's also Raleigh Theodore Sakers! It's their best cd in my opinion, but many people dislike it for not having enough singing.

Apathy
08-26-2005, 12:25 PM
Robbin the Hood is the most excellent cd to get after you get the s/t and 40 oz. You can listen to the original instrumental tracks which spawned under my voodoo and santeria. There's also Raleigh Theodore Sakers! It's their best cd in my opinion, but many people dislike it for not having enough singing.

I LOVE Sublime. I have all their Cd's, Personally, I would Say that Robbin' The Hood Is their worst.

Most people have probably already heard What I Got and Santeria on the radio, and if you like those, definately buy their other albums. Favorite songs by them:

What I Got
Saw Red
Falling Idols
Santeria
Carress Me Down
Doin' Time
Burritos
The Wrong Way
Date Rape

coke_a_holic
08-26-2005, 01:16 PM
I like Robbin the Hood because it's much more musically oriented than lyrically. My friends don't like it at all because they're all into lyrically driven music.

Chris
08-26-2005, 05:20 PM
its a great experimental album as such, but the spoken parts do get annoying after the first listen - one of my top five favourite bands anyway - there's a shit load of their music (and other quality bands) over at the sublime archives for anyone interested

kickass0987654321
08-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Sublime is okay but I sometimes get sick of them.

pretty fly 88
08-26-2005, 09:37 PM
From what I hear, their last album, which was also their self-titled album, was their best album. That's where all their big radio hits are, like What I Got, Santeria, and Wrong Way. I forget the names of their other 2 albums. Was Robbin' The Hood their debut album? With Date Rape, Smoke Two Joints, and Badfish? I know that their second album had no radio hits, only a few decent songs like Greatest Hits and Saw Red.

nieh
08-27-2005, 07:17 AM
I like Robbin the Hood because it's much more musically oriented than lyrically. My friends don't like it at all because they're all into lyrically driven music.

I'm not that into Robbin the Hood because if I remember right more than half of it is just them jamming into a 4-track. I have no problem with intstrumental music, but half an album of improvisational instrumental reggae isn't particularly interesting to me. Raleigh Theodore Sakers = awesome though. I have the full 28 minute recording of him on my computer.

Apathy
08-27-2005, 08:45 AM
From what I hear, their last album, which was also their self-titled album, was their best album. That's where all their big radio hits are, like What I Got, Santeria, and Wrong Way. I forget the names of their other 2 albums. Was Robbin' The Hood their debut album? With Date Rape, Smoke Two Joints, and Badfish? I know that their second album had no radio hits, only a few decent songs like Greatest Hits and Saw Red.

40 oz to Freedome was their Debut with Date Rape, Badfish and Smoke Two Joints.

Their Second was Robbin' The Hood, In My Opinion, their worst, But It does have some awesome songs, like the ones you mentioned. (Saw Red, Greatest-Hits)

Their Third is the S/T, which is most popular, and has all their famous songs, Santeria, Wrong Way, What I Got, Doin' Time, Carress Me Down.

Their Fourth, Second Hand Smoke, Is Decent. I don't actually own It Yet, but I've heard good things.

You can read reviews for their albums ( along with almost everything else) Here: http://www.sputnikmusic.com/bands.php?bandid=53

I actually wrote the Robbin' The Hood Review.