PDA

View Full Version : Overthrowing Moderators?

pretty fly 88
08-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Should regular users have the right to overthrow moderators if they believe they're not doing their jobs? I know a couple of weeks ago, I really would've loved to have overthrown JohnnyNemesis and have anybody else but Thucydides be the moderator of the Other Bands forum. What do you think?
And I'm not saying the moderators of this forum are idiots. They're not. I'm saying that if enough people don't like them, should they be replaced?

Sinister
08-26-2005, 10:49 PM
it could be a good idea but trolls would easily take advantage of it.

kickass0987654321
08-26-2005, 10:50 PM
it could be a good idea but trolls would easily take advantage of it.
Yup........................

Mota Boy
08-27-2005, 12:49 AM
Should regular users have the right to overthrow moderators if they believe they're not doing their jobs? I know a couple of weeks ago, I really would've loved to have overthrown JohnnyNemesis and have anybody else but Thucydides be the moderator of the Other Bands forum. What do you think?
I think that you're pretty stupid. Not so stupid that it causes me pain, but just stupid enough that I want to smack you. JohnnyNemesis was voted into modship by an overwhelming number of people on the board. He's been here for months and befriended just about all the regular users here. You were here for about a week before you decided that you knew not only what was best for the forums, but had a great solution all lined up - replace Ricky with "somebody". Do I even have to explain the various faux pas you've committed? For the nth time, if you have a problem with the mods, send them a PM and they'll explain their actions in a way that even you can understand.

WebDudette
08-27-2005, 12:54 AM
Do you know what chaos that would cause.

Endymion
08-27-2005, 01:48 AM
email the admin, give some sound reasoning as to why you think someone else should be mod. maybe he'll make a new vote to replace that mod, or pick someone himself.

Sin Studly
08-27-2005, 03:54 AM
Or maybe he'll reject you offhand when you show that you can't argue worth shit.

wheelchairman
08-27-2005, 05:09 AM
I love that they said "overthrow". How do you propose this overthrow would happen? You crazy anarchist rebels.

This is hilarious.

Tizzalicious
08-27-2005, 05:22 AM
Anarchy!!!11

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-27-2005, 07:01 AM
Hahaha, Rick, you freakin' dictator. You've upset the proles.

Sin Studly
08-27-2005, 07:35 AM
The mods should be overthrown for not abusing their 'powers' enough.

pretty fly 88
08-27-2005, 08:23 AM
I think that you're pretty stupid. Not so stupid that it causes me pain, but just stupid enough that I want to smack you. JohnnyNemesis was voted into modship by an overwhelming number of people on the board. He's been here for months and befriended just about all the regular users here. You were here for about a week before you decided that you knew not only what was best for the forums, but had a great solution all lined up - replace Ricky with "somebody". Do I even have to explain the various faux pas you've committed? For the nth time, if you have a problem with the mods, send them a PM and they'll explain their actions in a way that even you can understand.
Actually, JohnnyNemesis said that moderators don't have to explain their actions, proving he doesn't deserve to be a moderator. I didn't say replace "Ricky" with somebody, I don't even know who that is. JohnnyNemesis did explain most of his actons, but one still confused me, not that I care about it anymore. I haven't had any problems with him recently, but still his actions a few weeks ago made me a little wary of what mods can do on these forums. I'm a little surprised this thread hasn't been closed yet, but that's good. Besides, doesn't everybody think they know what's best for the forums?

wheelchairman
08-27-2005, 08:26 AM
You're stupid.

It was I who said that Johnny didn't need to explain his actions, if he didn't want to. We were elected into these spots by the users of this board. Not by you. You are just an idiot who doesn't like being treated like an idiot. Shape up and quit whining. You are not a victim of an online crime, you're just a moron with a keyboard. You overdramatic retard.

pretty fly 88
08-27-2005, 08:32 AM
You're stupid.

It was I who said that Johnny didn't need to explain his actions, if he didn't want to. We were elected into these spots by the users of this board. Not by you. You are just an idiot who doesn't like being treated like an idiot. Shape up and quit whining. You are not a victim of an online crime, you're just a moron with a keyboard. You overdramatic retard.
I have shaped up. Now I don't mind being called an idiot. I know I didn't elect the moderators, but in the future I may be voting. I'm not "whining." I'm just saying.Isn't it interesting that the people who are calling me idiots are moderators? I guess that's not a good thing, but I think they're overreacting.
They can't see into my head. They think I'm whining when I'm really just suggesting. I am calm, right now. But since they are the mods, I guess I shouldn't call them idiots.

Not Ozymandias
08-27-2005, 10:10 AM
I kinda like this idea now that I think about it, the image of insurgents toppling an Endymion statue in a city square would be quite a sight.

i lyke da offspring
08-27-2005, 10:17 AM
i say yess unless the mods r nice lol

pretty fly 88
08-27-2005, 10:43 AM
I understand that you moderators were elected because you are the smartest, most caring people on the forums. What I don't understand is, how come you guys are the ones calling me an idiot? If I really were an idiot, wouldn't the people that aren't moderators being the ones calling me an idiot?
I know that I didn't elect you guys. But it seems to me, if you guys are attacking me more than the non-mods, that you would also be attacking everybody else more than the non-mods. I'm not attacking anyone, I just want answers.

Socially Rejected
08-27-2005, 10:45 AM
The mods should be overthrown for not abusing their 'powers' enough.

For once I agree with you.

Mota Boy
08-27-2005, 11:00 AM
I understand that you moderators were elected because you are the smartest, most caring people on the forums... If I really were an idiot, wouldn't the people that aren't moderators being the ones calling me an idiot?
We're attacking you because you made a rather stupid suggestion that comes across as your attempt to de-mod JohnnyNemesis. You're a newb on the forums attempting to usurp power and criticizing people who are much more established here. As a real world equivalent, imagine moving to a new high school and immediately petitioning for a new election of the student government. Then, when everyone tells you how stupid you are, you turn around and go "What'd I do?"

Reread your first post, you pitted this topic as you versus Rick (JohnnyNemesis), and quite frankly, we all like him more than we like you.

pretty fly 88
08-27-2005, 11:27 AM
I see what you're saying, and I know that JohnnyNemesis has been around longer than I have, that's why you all like him better. But still, that doesn't mean you hate me, does it?

Mota Boy
08-27-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm starting to think that you're really pathetic, does that count? Good God man, grow some skin.

Sin Studly
08-27-2005, 12:29 PM
JohnnyNemesis has been around longer than I have, that's why you all like him better.

No, we all like him better because he's not a fucking idiot. And you are.

JohnnyNemesis
08-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Actually, JohnnyNemesis said that moderators don't have to explain their actions, proving he doesn't deserve to be a moderator.

Okay, so MODERATORS, meaning ALL MODERATORS don't have to explain their actions, so that somehow proves that I shouldn't be a mod? Seriously, how does that make sense? What the hell is the connection? On top of all that, I do not have to explain anything to you, and I still went back and forth to you while you whined about being mistreated and your feelings being hurt and a whole bunch of shit.

Mota Boy and co. explained things to you already. Stop wondering why they're calling you an idiot if you're going to be so thickheaded.

pretty fly 88
08-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Well, moderators should explain their actions. I believe Mota Boy said that moderators do have to explain their actions in his first post.

Sin Studly
08-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Nobody has to explain shit to you, you're obviously too stupid to understand it anyway. By the way, you're losing that poll. Are you going to stay true to your word and get the hell out when the votes are in?

pretty fly 88
08-27-2005, 10:25 PM
I might stay true to my word. I have perfectly good reasons to not post on this website, anyway. I haven't decided yet, though. At this rate, I might be banned from all the forums by then, anyway.

JohnnyNemesis
08-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Well, moderators should explain their actions. I believe Mota Boy said that moderators do have to explain their actions in his first post.

No, he didn't. He said that if you PM a moderator, they'll explain to you. HE was implying that mods are likely to explain to you, but we are under no oblugation to do so. He never said that they HAD to. Don't just read, but interpret.

At this rate, I might be banned from all the forums by then, anyway.

You haven't broken any rules, so why the hell would you be banned?

Jebus
08-29-2005, 12:39 AM
If I really were an idiot, wouldn't the people that aren't moderators being the ones calling me an idiot?

You're an idiot. *not a mod*

but still his actions a few weeks ago made me a little wary of what mods can do on these forums.
What did he do?

neocon58
08-29-2005, 03:12 AM
Hurrah! ANARCHY WILL CONSUME DA BBS! ANARCHE ROXXXXXXORZZZZ!!!!!!1111111

Vera
08-29-2005, 04:32 AM
This is almost cute.

Thucydides
08-29-2005, 07:19 AM
I really would've loved to have overthrown JohnnyNemesis and have anybody else but Thucydides be the moderator of the Other Bands forum.

What the hell did I ever do? If I was moderator I'd soon get the place into shape.

Racist bastard.

wheelchairman
08-29-2005, 07:33 AM
Right, he's the jingoist here.

Vera
08-29-2005, 07:57 AM
Racist bastard.
Racism against anyone British is very much right.

Little_Miss_1565
08-29-2005, 08:21 AM
What did he do?

I second this. Moderators have very limited powers on the board. Mods can't ban, only e-mail the administrators with a request for a banning, and if he/she can't back it up to the admins' satisfaction, it doesn't go through. What, did Ricky close some of the petitioner's topics? Delete some spam? I'm sorry, I'm having a really difficult time imagining how Ricky could be Saddam Nemesis of the Other Bands forum as he's being accused.

JohnnyNemesis
08-29-2005, 08:35 AM
He spammed, got some posts and threads deleted, and flipped out when I asked him if he could/told him to stop spamming in some threads.

Oh, and one time he made a thread asking which band Dave Grohl was best in, and put in his vote for Queens of the Stone Age. When I simply disagreed, he flipped his shit, and told me not to disrespect him, etc. I'll provide a link or two later for proof that this guy is a crazy, spoiled bitch.

Mods don't do much, and we've only had moderators for a very very short period of time. Just stop crying, everyone.

JohnnyNemesis
08-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Check out the first few posts in this thread, then you'll understand why I was a total asshole to him in other threads:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13758

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-29-2005, 09:38 AM
I think all the mods should just stop deleting and let all the trolls and spammers take over for a week. THEN see if people are still so keen to have no mods.

platinumpt
08-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Even though a few MODs around here are complete assholes, there are also some (most of them) that are (or look) intelligent, and honestly I don't understand why they waste so much time being in these forums (I'm not being sarcastic).

This question of overthrowing MODs... it's controversial. I voted "yes", but just in case there's general disagreement with any of the MODs.

JoY
08-29-2005, 01:54 PM
You're stupid.

hahahahahaha!! dude, *wipes tear* you're so awesome.

I'd also like to point out that especially Claibe's & TTIG's first posts here made -excellent- points.

NEXT.

JoY
08-29-2005, 01:57 PM
I see what you're saying, and I know that JohnnyNemesis has been around longer than I have, that's why you all like him better. But still, that doesn't mean you hate me, does it?
oh man, that's just the goddam cherry on the fucking cake. now I will never be able to stop rolling on the floor laughing my butt off, screaming "OH. EM. GEEE!!!".

& by the way; Dave & Ricky should post more replies in a row more often.
dude, with those signatures, I can FEEL tha LUVVVV. <333

JohnnyNemesis
08-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Everytime you say "NEXT!", it turns me on so goddamned much Isa Isa! I want to pick flowers for you.

pretty fly 88, they don't like me because I've been around longer. They like me because they just like me. Some think I'm cool, some think I suck but am at least tolerable, some think I'm incredibly charming, some think I'm really intelligent. There are different reasons people feel this way.

But even when I was a newbie around here (which, by the way, I kinda sorta still am), they loved me.

As usual, you talk about things without knowing anything.

Thucydides
08-29-2005, 02:50 PM
No, I like you because you've been around for a long time.

JohnnyNemesis
08-29-2005, 03:03 PM
You like me because you can't resist my charms. When I bat my eyelashes at you, I know I'll have someone to make out with for the next few hours!

Oh, and ;) ;) ;)

pretty fly 88
08-29-2005, 07:16 PM
Everytime you say "NEXT!", it turns me on so goddamned much Isa Isa! I want to pick flowers for you.

pretty fly 88, they don't like me because I've been around longer. They like me because they just like me. Some think I'm cool, some think I suck but am at least tolerable, some think I'm incredibly charming, some think I'm really intelligent. There are different reasons people feel this way.

But even when I was a newbie around here (which, by the way, I kinda sorta still am), they loved me.

As usual, you talk about things without knowing anything.
Some think you suck? wow! By the way, I don't actually think you suck anymore, that's just what I used to think. I didn't start this thread to keep on bashing you, I just wanted to see what people would think if the moderators were tyrants. I don't really think you're a newbie, you've been around here for a while. You have more posts than the majority of the people here. I'm surprised that you're taking this better than the other moderators, though. I thought this thread would anger you the most.

pretty fly 88
08-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Oh, I just noticed that there already was a thread like this. Sorry. Mota Boy, can you please close this thread?

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-29-2005, 08:08 PM
oh man, that's just the goddam cherry on the fucking cake. now I will never be able to stop rolling on the floor laughing my butt off, screaming "OH. EM. GEEE!!!".

& by the way; Dave & Ricky should post more replies in a row more often.
dude, with those signatures, I can FEEL tha LUVVVV. <333

Dave + Ricky posting = hawt BBS secks.

JoY
08-30-2005, 05:10 AM
oh it SO is. *orgasms*

platinumpt
08-30-2005, 05:24 AM
You're easy to please

JoY
08-30-2005, 05:59 AM
depends really..

Vera
08-30-2005, 09:12 AM
Actually, Dave + Ricky posting = two guys from different continents posting on an internet bulletin board system.