PDA

View Full Version : Identifying a bootleg

Autonomist
08-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Can anyone help me with this?

I've been trying to identify an Offspring bootleg, and have been unsuccessful. It's a bootleg that was recorded sometime in Germany, I think during the Ixnay tour but I'm not completely sure, and the last two tracks are live versions of Self-Esteem and Session. During the live version of Self Esteem, Dexter says something along the lines of;

"Alright, we're gonna do some rock stuff before we get outta here. I mean, it is a rock concert after all. They told me you people wouldn't understand me but I reckon you understand me just fine. Ha, he said fuck you so he must understand me. This is what I'd like you to do. I'd like you to get out your lighters and soar them above your heads. Ah, looks beautiful - SO beautiful!"

Anyone know what it is? And if anyone has it, I'd give an arm and a leg if they could upload the whole thing. Thanks.

I am the lightning rod
08-27-2005, 09:31 PM
i have some bootlegs, but i've never heard that one.

KoX
08-28-2005, 03:16 AM
I think it's the RockPalast concert from '97... At least (in this concert) Dexter says the same thing during Self Esteem:)

Jojan
08-28-2005, 04:19 AM
I think it's the RockPalast concert from '97... At least (in this concert) Dexter says the same thing during Self Esteem:)
Goddammit, I think he's right!

BuddyHolly
08-28-2005, 04:35 AM
It's that one. It's called Punk Riot. And it is recorded in the Phillipshalle in Düsseldorf, Germany in 1997 at Rockpalast's "Rock-Osternacht".

offspring_freak_3
08-28-2005, 06:08 AM
It's that one. It's called Punk Riot. And it is recorded in the Phillipshalle in Düsseldorf, Germany in 1997 at Rockpalast's "Rock-Osternacht".

he´s right. I have this bootleg :D

RobinoZombie
08-28-2005, 10:27 AM
correct sir

noodlesfan
08-28-2005, 05:07 PM
come on lets see some major postage of the mp3 file of which i can play on my computer so i may listen from the speakers with my ears and hear the voices of dexter and angry germans in the background.