PDA

View Full Version : 100 characters.

Tijs
11-20-2004, 04:21 AM
What if, for some reason, the board settings are indeed changed to a 100 character limit instead of a 10 character limit. How many of you would be able to post here regulary (sp?). Let's just try in this topic shall we?

If you don't know how to count the characters easily, use Microsoft Word to do that for you.

Nina
11-20-2004, 04:26 AM
[when somebody said that 100 characters would be a good idea]

if it had already happened, you wouldnt have been able to
write what you just wrote without having to write more. but
didnt your point come across already?
sometimes you really just want to write a short answer...ten
characters a post is completely okay in my opinion, but more
than that would make a lot of people talk bullshit in each
of their posts.

Toxic Speed Bump
11-20-2004, 04:28 AM
I think i would post here still, It would make the forum more interesting, but i think some of the slower member here would have a problem with it.

I like things the way they are on this board. mabe there isnt enough arguments on this bad boy buy we can still change that.

the_GoDdEsS
11-20-2004, 04:29 AM
Of course it would be somewhat challenging. And I don't think we'd have as many posters as now. Plus, we'd have to have intellectually stimulating topics and people who are able to present their point in a coherent way.
The only possibility idiots will have left would be copying some texts to add them as a fake signature or whatever.
It would also teach people to use all those wonderful subjuncts, adjuncts, disjuncts and conjuncts of the English language or use long syntactical constructions.

I don't know how many characters. But I've said what I wanted. *shrugs*

Tijs
11-20-2004, 04:32 AM
Point.

And how about those people who use chat-language? The 'u' stuff' and 'y'. It would be a lot harder for them to have 100 characters, so it's a way to get rid of those bastards too.

Toxic Speed Bump
11-20-2004, 04:34 AM
.................................................. .................................................. ............ they will have to change.

Goki
11-20-2004, 05:44 AM
I'd first type what I'd want to say and then I'd type something that says the purpose of the text is to reach the character limit so that my post will be submitted. Well, I do it on the current board, when my post contains a number of characters less than 10.

JoY
11-20-2004, 05:46 AM
if the ten charcters rule changes to a hundred character, the people who post shit now, would post even more shit.

Tijs
11-20-2004, 07:39 AM
Most likely yes. My topic has just proven that. I rule.

Inshane
11-20-2004, 07:47 AM
it did?

:\

Tijs
11-20-2004, 07:48 AM
It did indeed:

.................................................. .................................................. ............ they will have to change.

I'd first type what I'd want to say and then I'd type something that says the purpose of the text is to reach the character limit so that my post will be submitted. Well, I do it on the current board, when my post contains a number of characters less than 10.

Inshane
11-20-2004, 07:51 AM
ok. you rule.

JoY
11-20-2004, 08:02 AM
Gokce never talkes shit. every one of her words always rock socks.<33

alright, that was a bit over the top, but yeah.. she mostly makes sense.

Tijs
11-20-2004, 08:48 AM
Mostly isn't always. That post isn't 'mostly'.

JoY
11-20-2004, 08:49 AM
grmbl, shut it.

;p <3

Tijs
11-20-2004, 08:52 AM
k.........

Goki
11-20-2004, 11:22 AM
Tijs - Err, why did you quote me? And what stupid shit did I post?

Bella - Aw, you're too sweet. <3 Didn't know you were one of my fans. =P

Tijs
11-20-2004, 03:48 PM
Tijs - Err, why did you quote me? And what stupid shit did I post?
Read the posts above the quote.

Goki
11-21-2004, 04:13 AM
Geesh, what the fuck is your problem? Yeah, I can read the posts properly, thank you. But can't read your mind, you know? I can't know what I do wrong unless you tell me. Be specific while telling the whichever "shit" I post that makes no sense. My spelling and grammer are correct. Or at least, I try my best. English ain't my first language so the tiny mistakes I make should be tolerable. By the way, I don't post useless stuff, too. Just to inform you.

JoY
11-21-2004, 04:32 AM
Bella - Aw, you're too sweet. <3 Didn't know you were one of my fans. =P
hehe, aw <3 of course I am.

Nina
11-21-2004, 04:42 AM
i absolutely dont get how Goki posts shit, either. guess
i'm as stupid as Goki then o.0

Goki
11-21-2004, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the support, Nina. =)

Tijs
11-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Geesh, what the fuck is your problem? Yeah, I can read the posts properly, thank you. But can't read your mind, you know? I can't know what I do wrong unless you tell me. Be specific while telling the whichever "shit" I post that makes no sense. My spelling and grammer are correct. Or at least, I try my best. English ain't my first language so the tiny mistakes I make should be tolerable. By the way, I don't post useless stuff, too. Just to inform you.
Seems like your the one with problem... I just answered your question, but to answer it again:

----------------------------
Joy said:
if the ten charcters rule changes to a hundred character, the people who post shit now, would post even more shit.
Then I said:
Most likely yes. My topic has just proven that. I rule.
Then Inshane said:
it did?
Then I said:
It did indeed: *quoted you and someone else*

----------------------------

I'm not saying that you post all kind of shit... so..
Either I misunderstood your post, or you misunderstood what I'm trying to say..

Inshane
11-21-2004, 11:44 AM
some people are getting agressive. not only in this thread.
what is in the air? the I-feel-attacted-virus :\

wheelchairman
11-21-2004, 12:53 PM
I have an English report to write. I hate every living thing.

Goki
11-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Tijs - I understood you well, but it wasn't what I was asking. This is frustrating. You don't even read my posts properly or don't pay enough attention to what I'm trying to point out. You still haven't told what was wrong with my post. I can't care less anymore, though. You don't make any sense.

Inshane - If you were referring your post to me, I'm not getting aggressive. "Confused" would be a more appropriate adjective. Trying to figure out why Tijs thinks I posted shit.

Tijs
11-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Tijs - I understood you well, but it wasn't what I was asking. This is frustrating. You don't even read my posts properly or don't pay enough attention to what I'm trying to point out. You still haven't told what was wrong with my post. I can't care less anymore, though. You don't make any sense.
Ok, then I probably didn't understand your post that well. My apologies.

JoY
11-22-2004, 02:53 AM
some people are getting agressive. not only in this thread.
what is in the air? the I-feel-attacted-virus :\
hihi, that's an expression in Dutch & I don't think it works in English too.
but aw, it looks so cute. I think everyone should say it.

JoY
11-22-2004, 02:55 AM
I encountered another rule yesterday, that's actually even sillier:
did you know, you can't type a post with over 10.000 characters??!

what about interesting stories, long posts to each other, lovely debates, etc??

MirandaV
11-22-2004, 04:19 AM
Well ya gotta keep realistic, 10.000 IS a lot.

JoY
11-22-2004, 05:15 AM
so?? what if you've just got a lot to say?

Inshane
11-22-2004, 06:03 AM
Joy - post twice?

and for the in the air thing. I know :o

Goki - 'Geesh, what the fuck is your problem' is a slightly agressive reaction.

JoY
11-22-2004, 06:21 AM
yup, that's exactly what I did.