PDA

View Full Version : Mota Boy Tips

Mota Boy
08-28-2005, 02:58 AM
How to tell if someone isn't worth your time:

:41 - they list a Dan Browm book as one of their favorites.

:68 - they follow every word that a talking head exales.

Add your own and I'll tell you how right you are.

Sin Studly
08-28-2005, 03:02 AM
:01 - They're not Aryan.

?

killer_queen
08-28-2005, 03:28 AM
:02 - They spend their whole time with talking on their mobile phone and texting?

RXP
08-28-2005, 03:29 AM
:05 - If it's a woman and she's ugly or has small boobs.

Little_Miss_1565
08-28-2005, 10:56 PM
501: When asked what sort of music they listen to, they say "Oh, I like all kinds." Bonus points if it's all kinds "except rap and country."

Endymion
08-28-2005, 11:01 PM
501: When asked what sort of music they listen to, they say "Oh, I like all kinds." Bonus points if it's all kinds "except rap and country."
bingo.

69: two words: adult diapers

Sin Studly
08-28-2005, 11:08 PM
:( I like all kinds of music.

edit ; except punk, does that pardon me?

jade fahy
08-28-2005, 11:10 PM
i like all kinds except rap country AND soft rock...

Endymion
08-28-2005, 11:13 PM
i like all kinds except rap country AND soft rock...
no you don't. do you like jazz? mathcore? noise? blues? gregorian chants?

Sin Studly
08-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Noise and noisecore aren't really music.

What's mathcore, btw?

jade fahy
08-28-2005, 11:15 PM
no you don't. do you like jazz? mathcore? noise? blues? gregorian chants?
i like jazz and gregorian chanting(its calming for some reason :confused: )...but i guess youre right about all the other things...lol
im in band...so im used to jazz....

Vera
08-29-2005, 01:27 AM
Fucking word.

nieh
08-29-2005, 04:56 AM

What's mathcore, btw?

Noise can be musical if it's done well, which it normally isn't. Mathcore = stuff like Botch, Converge, Dillinger Escape Plan, etc. I like Dillinger Escape Plan but I think all the other bands I've heard in the genre are annoying.

Spork
08-29-2005, 05:00 AM
Noise can be musical if it's done well, which it normally isn't. Mathcore = stuff like Botch, Converge, Dillinger Escape Plan, etc. I like Dillinger Escape Plan but I think all the other bands I've heard in the genre are annoying.

Isn't Mathcore to do with weird time signatures? There is supposed to be a rumor that the Dillinger Escape Plan pick the time signatures of their songs with dice.

JoY
08-29-2005, 05:02 AM

What's mathcore, btw?
WAH WAH WAH ONE PLUS ONE MAKES TWOOOOO RARRR!!!!!!

#9832751: if he has hobbies.

Little_Miss_1565
08-29-2005, 06:57 AM
WAH WAH WAH ONE PLUS ONE MAKES TWOOOOO RARRR!!!!!!

OH MY GAWD I wish that was what mathcore/math rock was.

JohnnyNemesis
08-29-2005, 07:05 AM

Word. The. Fuck. UP!!!

22: They list "Donnie Darko" or "Fight Club" as one of their favorite movies, and you're not entirely sure they've ever even seen either film.

Nirushika6789
08-29-2005, 07:19 AM
:02 - They spend their whole time with talking on their mobile phone and texting?
definitely...espiecialy when they are tlking to you thenthey get a text and they treat the text as if its more important than you

ie.. texting back to the person and constantly going on about the person who sent it

wheelchairman
08-29-2005, 07:36 AM
Speaking of Fight Club, I grew up in the area that Chuck Palahniuk is from, I always represent Cascadians.

#317: I like Classics a lot.
#506: I appreciate British culture and history.

Sin Studly
08-29-2005, 08:27 AM
I'll concede that when most people say "I like all music" they mean "I like all music that gets played constantly on the shitty radio stations I listen to", and I'll concede that there are way too many genres for a single human being to have even heard of them all, especially when 80% of subgenres are based solely on the lyrical content (I mean, troll metal? Come the fuck on), but there's no genre of music I can inherently dislike (except noisecore, which as I stated before, isn't really music), and my musical tastes are so varied it's better to simply say "All kinds of music" and look like a dick than either spend thirty minutes listing genres, or to list the one or two genres I'm currently into the most and look like either a pretentious fuck who prides himself on his esoteric and unpopular musical tastes (I'm into Baroque Opera and German Neo-Medieval), or a bigoted moron like 90% of this board who refuses to listen to anything outside the two or three genres I'm obsessed with (I only like hardcore punx like The Offspring and Green Day).

That being said, when I hear people claim they like all types of music, I come very close to dismissing them as not worth my time. With the "except rap and country" thrown in, I take the final step.

edit ; and 14: They start threads on internet forums saying "I am from (country). What do you think of (my country)?"

JohnnyNemesis
08-29-2005, 08:41 AM
I understand that one, Justin. I KNOW I would sound like an arrogant, pretentious little fuck (no matter how inclusive I try to be), if I ever answered that question honestly (I'd have to say "I love hip-hop, new wave, synthpop, and some punk, though I'm very open to ALL kinds of music". That's the truth, and isn't it quite douchebaggish?). But with the kinds of people floating around nowadays, it's a safe bet that few people really are like us and that "except rap and country" really is the clincher. For fuck's sake, there's a difference between "all music!" and "pop music".

Little_Miss_1565
08-29-2005, 08:45 AM
Hehe...though, if someone were to say to me "I like all kinds of music...no, seriously, I even like troll metal," I might marry them.

Vera
08-29-2005, 08:46 AM
I think it'd be cool if someone could find something dig-worthy in every genre but I just highly doubt that's possible.

Sin Studly
08-29-2005, 08:50 AM
I've actually heard "except classical and country" more often than "rap and country". And we all know that anybody who doesn't like classical is "OMFG MANSON/EMINEM/GREEN DAY IS HARDCORE AND AWESOME, CLASSICAL IS GAY AND FOR OLD PEOPLE WHO ARENT HARDCORE LIEK ME!". So yeah, I find that slightly less forgivable, especially considering the sort of rap I've been hearing on the radio.

Also, people should be banned from criticising rap unless they've listened to KRS-ONE, the Sugarhill Gang, and NWA.

JoY
08-29-2005, 09:14 AM
OH MY GAWD I wish that was what mathcore/math rock was.
me too. *sighs*

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-29-2005, 09:33 AM
:27 If they ask how you are and then tell you how they are before you even have a chance to answer. And go on for about half an hour. That pisses me right off.

JohnnyNemesis
08-29-2005, 09:34 AM
Also, people should be banned from criticising rap unless they've listened to KRS-ONE, the Sugarhill Gang, and NWA.

People should also be banned from criticizing gangsta rap if they've been living in the suburbs their entire lives.

Morons.

Sin Studly
08-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Sure, and they should also be banned from making gangster rap.

Jesus
08-29-2005, 11:43 AM
#1.782:Got fire? Got a lighter?
#2.254: If they ask me what kind of music I like. Jeez, ask me what kind of shoes I like to wear next.

Sin Studly
08-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Uh, It's things that let you know somebodies worthless, not things that personally irritate you.

Jesus
08-29-2005, 12:15 PM
Drop the first one then, except when they smell.
Keep the second one.

Sin Studly
08-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Why? I mean, I know you're supposed to be socially inept or whatever, but is conversation really that traumatising for you?

wheelchairman
08-29-2005, 01:02 PM
#16: I'm a vegan.
#17: I wear organic clothing.

coke_a_holic
08-29-2005, 01:27 PM
#36: They keep a collection of strange objects like animal skulls or trading cards of old video game characters no one's ever heard of.

JoY
08-29-2005, 01:40 PM
even IF anyone has heard of it.. SHUN. what a turn off...

except of course for a Heineken collection, which is totally cool.

sKratch
08-29-2005, 01:59 PM
:75 "What's x-men?"
:83 People who tag along or hang out where they're obviously unwanted and make things awkward

Edit:
:4 People who abbreviate "something" with "sth". This annoys the FUCK out of me like you have no idea. First of all, it doesn't quite seem to make sense. In fact, I think that's the main cause of my anger. I can't even really explain it fully, but it's a godawful abbreviation.

Mota Boy
08-29-2005, 02:55 PM
I love how some people have followed my lead in listing their contributions as ":#" even though I only typed it up that way because I was fucking hammered (two of my roommates' 21st, so we threw a kegger in our dorm). I am on the cutting edge of grammatical trends.

Jesus
08-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Why?
Because those people want to say they listen to obscure bands which means:
a)too much time on their hands
b)consider music important

I'm not interested in that, nor am I interested in what kind of bubblegum one prefers or shoes. But most importanly because I consider this board super serious. yes yes.

RXP
08-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Edit:
:4 People who abbreviate "something" with "sth". This annoys the FUCK out of me like you have no idea. First of all, it doesn't quite seem to make sense. In fact, I think that's the main cause of my anger. I can't even really explain it fully, but it's a godawful abbreviation.

I didn't even realise that was what it stood for. lol.

sKratch
08-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Yeah but now that you know, you can say it fucking sucks, right?

killer_queen
08-30-2005, 06:14 AM
97: Females who think being never fucked makes them more precious than the other ones.

Sin Studly
08-30-2005, 09:06 AM
Because those people want to say they listen to obscure bands which means:

Oh, then you're 100% right. I never thought of it that way. Usually when people ask stupid questions like that they just want to have a conversation with me so they can try to fuck me.