PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Hits TOur is more expensive !

RonWelty
08-28-2005, 03:37 PM
Splinter tour : average cost to the promotor on EUROPEAN TOUR ( SUMMER ) - 150 . 000 euros
GREATEST HITS TOUR : 205.000 EUROS

maybe this is the reason why there is less concerts on this tour !

http://www.lavozdeasturias.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=220430

kickass0987654321
08-28-2005, 03:38 PM
I couldn't understand the language.

RonWelty
08-28-2005, 03:40 PM
I couldn't understand the language.it´s spanish :P

kickass0987654321
08-28-2005, 03:41 PM
it´s spanish :P
Is there any way you can post the site in ENGLISH?

RonWelty
08-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Is there any way you can post the site in ENGLISH?
dude .the only thing they say about THE OFFSPRING is that they will receive 220 000 euros for their concert in spain ..

noodlesfan
08-28-2005, 03:44 PM
maybe they will perform more songs than on the other tour, or maybe noodles needs an operation and they need fast money.

RonWelty
08-28-2005, 03:47 PM
maybe they will perform more songs than on the other tour, or maybe noodles needs an operation and they need fast money.
lolool

vigo 2004 : http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/buscavoz/ver_resultado.jsp?TEXTO=2953699&lnk=OFFSPRING

but the major of the town (of vigo) said that they cost 150 000 euros ...don´t know who to trust ......but ... 220 000 euros is much ...i don ´t believe the promotors win much money on Indoor Concerts !

dexterisMYman
08-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Splinter tour : average cost to the promotor on EUROPEAN TOUR ( SUMMER ) - 150 . 000 euros
GREATEST HITS TOUR : 205.000 EUROS

maybe this is the reason why there is less concerts on this tour !

http://www.lavozdeasturias.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=220430
no the reason probably is b/c you dont usually tour for your gh album unless it's a farewll tour. but maybe since they did wt here they felt they needed to do some european shows.

Nirushika6789
08-28-2005, 03:50 PM
noodles needs an operation and they need fast money.
lol i hope not *prays* lol

Zee
08-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Interesting...

If you think about that each ticket would cost 35e, they'd need to sell a venue with 6300 capacity full to cover all the costs, but of course it doesn't go hand in hand but still gives some direction. I'm glad they play a 700 people capacity club here...

noodlesfan
08-28-2005, 04:04 PM
how much is that in american dollars? i know already judging by your reactions that it is a lot, but im a stupid american so please enlighten me.

Zee
08-28-2005, 04:12 PM
how much is that in american dollars? i know already judging by your reactions that it is a lot, but im a stupid american so please enlighten me.

Who are you asking?

Anyway, I'll answer both of them so it doesn't matter.

205000 EUR = 252293.50 USD
35 EUR = 43.07 USD

RonWelty
08-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Interesting...

If you think about that each ticket would cost 35e, they'd need to sell a venue with 6300 capacity full to cover all the costs, but of course it doesn't go hand in hand but still gives some direction. I'm glad they play a 700 people capacity club here...
in portugal it was 22.5 euros LOL and they sold like 3500 and they had one sponsor ( at least i just know one) .so ...they ( promotors) should had lost a lot of money

Jesus
08-29-2005, 04:21 AM
in portugal it was 22.5 euros LOL and they sold like 3500 and they had one sponsor ( at least i just know one) .so ...they ( promotors) should had lost a lot of money
Not necessarily, since venues earn a lot by selling drinks and food at the venue (festivals make the most profit on that). They also have a percentage on the merchandise sales.

The price of a band also depends on size of the venue (pretty obvious, since the one in Köln can only hold like 6000 or so). And doesn't the venue in Oviedo hold around 15 000 people (cause they sell tickets for like 15 euros)?
Promotors usually offer bands deals too, like for instance they offered System of a Down a concert + festival appearance in Holland, but they got a 4 concert/festival deal in Germany. So they did the 4 concerts in Germany+one concert in Holland (makes more sense).

The highest festival fees (50 000+ capacity) in Western Europe that I know of are for Linkin Park ( over a million euros) and the Red Hot Chili Peppers (around 800 000 euros).

platinumpt
08-29-2005, 04:29 AM
Well, in the "Fete de l'humanite" in Paris, the promoter is going to take LOADS of bands, maybe 20 or something, during 3 days, and the ticket only costs 15€, and grants you access for all days! Now that's cheap. The trip's expensive though. But The Offspring are worth the effort.

RonWelty
08-29-2005, 06:12 AM
Not necessarily, since venues earn a lot by selling drinks and food at the venue (festivals make the most profit on that). They also have a percentage on the merchandise sales.

The price of a band also depends on size of the venue (pretty obvious, since the one in Köln can only hold like 6000 or so). And doesn't the venue in Oviedo hold around 15 000 people (cause they sell tickets for like 15 euros)?
Promotors usually offer bands deals too, like for instance they offered System of a Down a concert + festival appearance in Holland, but they got a 4 concert/festival deal in Germany. So they did the 4 concerts in Germany+one concert in Holland (makes more sense).

The highest festival fees (50 000+ capacity) in Western Europe that I know of are for Linkin Park ( over a million euros) and the Red Hot Chili Peppers (around 800 000 euros).
kay :D ...

YODAvid
08-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Hell I payed 35 bucks for the cologne concert... thats too much.

as if those 4 (actually 5, i kno) offspring fucks would need the money :D j/k

RealOviedo
08-31-2005, 05:50 AM
I payed 30 euros (!!!!!) to see them last year in Barcelona, in a place which could only hold about 5000 people. And now, I'll see them just for a half of that price and in my city... I could never think they'd come!

That_Guy91
08-31-2005, 06:10 AM
i got it translated. badly. its a free site, so its crap, but here-

If by a remote coincidence Sid Vicious to live currently, would die immediately of sobredosis. And the fact is that the action in Vigo of a punk group costs the friolera of 235.000 euro, included the VAT, the lights and the sound. It is a matter of The Offspring, a band that itself is not tired to repeat the same musical plan since twenty years ago, and that has managed to sell 32 million copies of its six disks. The Californian band will act in Vigo, in the audience of I Neuter them, the next one 31 of August, in the final concert of the municipal festivals. Since last August 13, the band of Dexter Holland is found in Europe presenting its seventh one cedé, titled Splinter, motive by the one that this concert out of the own dates to the festivals of the Christ will be carried out. Before acting in Vigo, The Offspring will be head of placard in the British festivals of Reading and Leeds. The luxuries of this punk band materialize in the private jet that you displace them for the different plazas of the world. «They have asked us that we fix him all the permission to be able to land and to separate with his private jet in the airport of Peinador», a representative said yesterday of Simon Music, the producing one viguesa that the concert he sold him al Concello of Vigo. «We have to collect them on foot of trail, besides also they ask the normal thing in a large group, you determined installations, a service of catering, but they they travel with their own cook». Therefore the concert will cost twelve euro, if the entrance is acquired in I Neuter them, and ten euro if is bought in advance in www.caixanova.es, telephone ticket window of Caixanova (902 504 500) and in the head Office of Spectacles (www.centralespectaculos.com or 986 435 410). Recently, The Offspring has included a song in a Rock titled disk against Bush, a situation that contrasts with the statements carried out by Dexter Holland, the singer of the band, in which signified its support al president of the United States. The support of the concert will be the group vigués Kannon, a fantastic band that has just published its second I work record, Intro. This quintet proposes a contemporary vision of the rock, influenced by the different interpretations that has thrown the popular music in the last ten years. Kannon will have the right to an hour of concert. «They have the sufficient quality to touch during that time», explained the representative of Simon Music. So they will begin to touch at half past ten at night. At twelve o'clock at night, the shift to the members will arrive of The Offspring.

platinumpt
08-31-2005, 06:39 AM
The guy (or girl) doesn't really like Offspring at all... haha

RealOviedo I payed 30 euros too, to go to Barcelona last year, and I travelled all the way from Oporto, so, it's no big deal!

RonWelty
08-31-2005, 07:52 AM
The guy (or girl) doesn't really like Offspring at all... haha

RealOviedo I payed 30 euros too, to go to Barcelona last year, and I travelled all the way from Oporto, so, it's no big deal!
to u ....but not every fan of the offspring hsa the same chance to go to another country ...even to the capital of his country !

platinumpt
08-31-2005, 07:57 AM
to u ....but not every fan of the offspring hsa the same chance to go to another country ...even to the capital of his country !
Yeah, but I meant the journey from Oviedo to Barcelona was no big deal comparing to the journey from Oporto to Barcelona... this one is more expensive.

em português: é mais caro ir de Porto a Barcelona do que de Oviedo a Barcelona. Nesse sentido, o q ele fez n é nada de especial comparado com a viagem desde o Porto.

RonWelty
08-31-2005, 08:41 AM
Yeah, but I meant the journey from Oviedo to Barcelona was no big deal comparing to the journey from Oporto to Barcelona... this one is more expensive.

em português: é mais caro ir de Porto a Barcelona do que de Oviedo a Barcelona. Nesse sentido, o q ele fez n é nada de especial comparado com a viagem desde o Porto.
ok ok i got it now ! i went on a IBERIA FLIGHT at 6 am LOOOLL and arrive lisbon on the following day ...too tired .S

platinumpt
08-31-2005, 08:55 AM
Shiiiit.

I travelled by car. 12 hours or 13 I'm not sure, it was kinda hard! I stayed there for 3 days though. ehehe

RealOviedo
09-01-2005, 05:30 AM
Man, I payed 150 euros (I think) for a double nocturne TRAIN travel... 14 hours each time... it's still big deal. At least I had a home to stay for four days in Barcelona :D . What a wonderful city...

platinumpt
09-01-2005, 06:49 AM
HAHA! You won!!! Yeah Barcelona might be the most incredible spanish city I know... and believe me, I've already visited a respectable number of them! I love A Coruña too.

RonWelty
09-01-2005, 07:31 AM
HAHA! You won!!! Yeah Barcelona might be the most incredible spanish city I know... and believe me, I've already visited a respectable number of them! I love A Coruña too.u must be very rich dude LOLOL :D ! i hate a coruna ..in spain i like : Barcelona . Salou and VIGO ( ps - i visited all Spain ) and i like on their islands las BALEARES - mostly NORTH OF MALLORCA - C´aen PICAFORT or Bahia de Alcudia !:D

platinumpt
09-01-2005, 07:35 AM
( ps - i visited all Spain ) and i like on their islands las BALEARES - mostly NORTH OF MALLORCA - C´aen PICAFORT or Bahia de Alcudia !:D
... and I'm the rich guy.... yeah right!!!!!! :rolleyes: