PDA

View Full Version : dexter and guitar

summer_guy
08-29-2005, 11:36 AM
:confused: how long was it take that dexter did know how to play guitar ??

YODAvid
08-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Two minutes and 3 seconds....

gosh are you bored???

~*hit_that*~
08-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Nice sarcasm there lol!!

Erm...why does it matter? This is a very random thread :p

Rexisfed
08-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Nice sarcasm there lol!!

Erm...why does it matter? This is a very random thread :p

Well, maybe thread creator wants to be the next Dexter and he's wondering ho wlong it will take. :p

~*hit_that*~
08-29-2005, 02:06 PM
Well, maybe thread creator wants to be the next Dexter and he's wondering ho wlong it will take. :p

However long it takes, some people just have a nack for these things, some people don't and have to work for it. You cannot put a time limit on it. That was a strange comment there lol! I'm still intrigued as to know why it matters though?!

Strider
08-29-2005, 02:09 PM
:confused: how long was it take that dexter did know how to play guitar ??
Do you play guitar?

Nirushika6789
08-29-2005, 02:43 PM
However long it takes, some people just have a nack for these things, some people don't and have to work for it. You cannot put a time limit on it. That was a strange comment there lol! I'm still intrigued as to know why it matters though?!
its bound to have taken a good while...it cant have happened over night lol ....im learning now and well its hard at the start...

YODAvid
08-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Yea, you ever heard Pennywise live? i kno not the best band, oh well...

i was thinkin at that rock festivel i was at, DANG THE DRUMMERS PLAYIN SO FAST... (actually ive never seen a drummer playin faster than the pennywise drummer). but think: they are on tour, what, like half a year? they play a gig every 2 days, sometimes every day. Imagine you have practice every day for two hours straight. YOU GOTTA BE GOOD. even a moron with no brain could learn how to play the drum, guitar etc with two hours of straight practice each day...

Tired_Of_You
08-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Well, maybe thread creator wants to be the next Dexter and he's wondering ho wlong it will take. :pNo, he's only a stalker.

~*hit_that*~
08-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Yea, you ever heard Pennywise live? i kno not the best band, oh well...

i was thinkin at that rock festivel i was at, DANG THE DRUMMERS PLAYIN SO FAST... (actually ive never seen a drummer playin faster than the pennywise drummer). but think: they are on tour, what, like half a year? they play a gig every 2 days, sometimes every day. Imagine you have practice every day for two hours straight. YOU GOTTA BE GOOD. even a moron with no brain could learn how to play the drum, guitar etc with two hours of straight practice each day...

Like I say, some have it naturally, and some don't. I practice everyday, and it's still hard, y'know. Though I haven't played for a few days, but thats due to an injury hehe :p And no, you couldn't just learn to play guitar, I mean how would you know what you were doing? You'd have to start learning chords and stuff before you could get anywhere, before you'd be able to start putting music to lyrics etc, and then getting the rhythm going.

Nirushika6789
08-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Like I say, some have it naturally, and some don't. I practice everyday, and it's still hard, y'know. Though I haven't played for a few days, but thats due to an injury hehe :p And no, you couldn't just learn to play guitar, I mean how would you know what you were doing? You'd have to start learning chords and stuff before you could get anywhere, before you'd be able to start putting music to lyrics etc, and then getting the rhythm going.
Exactly...its not as easy as 1 2 3
believe me i just started 2 weeks ago and its tough going

~*hit_that*~
08-29-2005, 04:20 PM
Exactly...its not as easy as 1 2 3
believe me i just started 2 weeks ago and its tough going

Indeed it is, and I've been playing a few months now (still haven't got far though) :\. I won't let it beat me though lol, but I'll never give up drumming either :) (as Claire can attest to, seen as i drive her insane with air-drumming in lessons) LOL

NDM1
08-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Dexter did not have any formal guitar lessons...hes self taught.

ZSTEIN
08-29-2005, 09:42 PM
ive played for about 8 months and i cud play almost any chpord progressions by the offspring

Chanz
08-29-2005, 09:47 PM
I been playing for 9 months now and I can play a lot of the offpring songs... and I self taught myself, but I practised like a friggin idiot about 4hours a day just sitting in my room stumming on my bed. It takes dedication and persiverance. I think it took dexter about a year and a bit to play guitar, he was on drums first then moved to guitar

summer_guy
08-30-2005, 05:08 AM
i have playing guitar somekinda 5 years and i can play very well actually i do have my own band but not vill@ yet:D but maybe in future if get more fame :D

platinumpt
08-30-2005, 05:14 AM
Most Offspring songs are easy to play on the guitar. I've also self-learned how to play guitar, and I can do most of their songs. But much practice is required, of course!!

pretty_fly_white_guy858
08-30-2005, 05:21 AM
All Offspring songs are easy on guitar. Seriously. Its just power chords. And if its not that its a very easy intro on one string. Except for The Kids Arent Alright. That ones giving me a hard time. But most Offspring songs are really easy if you know power chords.

summer_guy
08-30-2005, 06:08 AM
where can i get those chords??

Tired_Of_You
08-30-2005, 10:32 AM
You can buy them at Wal-Mart.

dexterisMYman
08-30-2005, 10:34 AM
no wrong hes summer_guy maker of pointless threads.

platinumpt
08-30-2005, 10:48 AM
summer_guy : visit www.offspring.it, in the tabs section you'll get what you need. I hope you understand a bit of italian :rolleyes:

Offspring7
09-02-2005, 11:58 PM
i think this thread creator was just bored and curious...its not a crime.

offspringueuse
09-03-2005, 03:12 AM
don't know, but I may took about 1 year you know. he learnt alone the guitar!

The Darkside Has Cookies
09-03-2005, 03:18 AM
Took him 2,798 years to learn. Fucking damn.

Shieka_keep 'em separated
09-03-2005, 04:48 AM
I started learning guitar when i was 13, i have been playing just under a year now, and i can play : Meaning of life, Pretty Fly, Come Out and Play, Nitro, Gotta get Away.....ALL greenday songs (lol), some Guns N Roses, Velvet Revolver....You understand me.

I thought myself, and so did Dexter. :D

Livewireguitarfire
09-19-2005, 08:58 AM
im a rhythm guitarist for a band i face everyday feeling inadequate, it takes a while and its like a drug onc eu get a bit u wont more, and more and more, u never just appreciate what u have so its tough

Kitten
09-19-2005, 09:08 AM

He wants to stalk Dexter. Read some of his other threads. He is kinda spooky.

Livewireguitarfire
09-19-2005, 09:23 AM
ur australian eh lil sex kitten

Kitten
09-20-2005, 08:34 AM
ur australian eh lil sex kitten

Yes. I am Australian. I would be assuming you are too.

summer_guy
09-22-2005, 03:35 AM
well thats the coolest and anyway australia sucks california kics ass:D

vikki
09-22-2005, 03:39 AM
dexter taught himself to play

summer_guy
09-23-2005, 11:12 AM
oh fun:D dexter is cool i love dexter stalkers:D

satrap
09-23-2005, 12:43 PM
dexter taught himself to play
most guitarists teach themselves its because you see someone else playing really well and think ' i wanna be like that!'

Kitten
10-01-2005, 09:18 AM
well thats the coolest and anyway australia sucks california kics ass:D

You actually managed to get over there recently summer_guy? Last you posted you were trying to get people to give you money so you coud go over and stalk the band.

Tired_Of_You
10-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Poor Dexter...poor Dexter... We should stop summer_guy.

Or maybe we won't even need to, as he doesn't seem to be able to go in California.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
10-01-2005, 02:11 PM
oh fun:D dexter is cool i love dexter stalkers:D
Because you are one. And you should die.

Nitro Punk
10-01-2005, 04:00 PM
If you like & play guitar almost everyday, i think you could play many punk rock songs.In 2-3 you can make your own songs!There are exceptions for sure!