PDA

View Full Version : Nirvana - Territorial Pissings

Hypodermic_89
08-29-2005, 11:52 PM
This song must be one of the most fucked up songs of all time :D The song is pretty good, but the intro.. "c'mon, get around! Smile on your brother everybody get togehter!" and the ending "gotta find a way, bettah way, when i'm deaghagagahgaahghg! Ghotta Find a Whay, Bettaha whay, whenagandaga, haja!!!"

that's messed up :)

bd007h
08-29-2005, 11:59 PM
the line from the beginning "Come on people now, Smile on your brother. Everybody get together, try to love one another right now" is taken from an old song from the 60s. I think it's Get Together by the Youngbloods.

Territorial Pissings is a great song. Have you heard the mp3 of The Offspring playing it live?

JohnnyNemesis
08-30-2005, 12:01 AM
Okay, this is just generally unnecessary. I'll leave it open because it actually sparked a response though.

Great song though, but Dexter Holland should not have touched it.

barangatang
08-30-2005, 12:20 AM
Okay, this is just generally unnecessary. I'll leave it open because it actually sparked a response though.

Great song though, but Dexter Holland should not have touched it.

niether should he have touched "hey joe" or "sin city" Shame on his pale ass.

yusuke-lupin
08-30-2005, 01:26 AM
niether should he have touched "hey joe" or "sin city" Shame on his pale ass.
ok first off the offsprings covers of any song they do is way better then the original considering acdc is just bad sorry all imop and the offspring cover of acdc is ok its still the worst song ever .number 2 why should people not be able to cover songs or remix. i think unless there really really bad singers like sp or gc or something .but if there decent why not.3 im sorry if i offended any one :] i did not mean anything mean i just don't like acdc just me :) thanks for your time

barangatang
08-30-2005, 01:28 AM
ok first off the offsprings covers of any song they do is way better then the original considering acdc is just bad sorry all imop and the offspring cover of acdc is ok its still the worst song ever .number 2 why should people not be able to cover songs or remix. i think unless there really really bad singers like sp or gc or something .but if there decent why not.3 im sorry if i offended any one :] i did not mean anything mean i just don't like acdc just me :) thanks for your time

How dare you even think that the offspring covered hey joe better than god. Im fine with comvers, but not if the songs are classics.

yusuke-lupin
08-30-2005, 01:32 AM
How dare you even think that the offspring covered hey joe better than god. Im fine with comvers, but not if the songs are classics.sorry that must just be me i like the original of hay joe tho jus\t not acdc hey joe is really great both ways i find sorry

JohnnyNemesis
08-30-2005, 07:40 AM
The original Hey Joe is awesome, but I'm sorry, I think The Offspring's version is also fucking AWESOME.

Sin City, on the other hand, is a worthless piece of shit.

killer_queen
08-30-2005, 08:49 AM
The original Hey Joe is awesome, but I'm sorry, I think The Offspring's version is also fucking AWESOME.

Sin City, on the other hand, is a worthless piece of shit.
Opposite of my thoughts. I think Offspring version of Sin City is great.

0r4ng3
08-30-2005, 08:58 AM
Opposite of my thoughts. I think Offspring version of Sin City is great.
I used to like both songs, but now I don't as much. I do think Sin City is better, though.

Tired_Of_You
08-30-2005, 10:40 AM
Great song though, but Dexter Holland should not have touched it.I think the same. I think the cover is terrible.

Kerr
08-30-2005, 12:10 PM
Great song, but I am not too keen on the cover, although I don't think it's that bad.

HeadAroundU
08-30-2005, 12:20 PM
I think the same. I think the cover is terrible.
well it's only LIVE cover.Sound quality is crappy....
I think its ok........I have never heard original.......maybe it's right time :)

coke_a_holic
08-30-2005, 01:53 PM
If I'm going to hear Offspring play territorial pissings I want to hear Dexter scream until his vocal chords split.

Kerr
08-30-2005, 01:55 PM
If I'm going to hear Offspring play territorial pissings I want to hear Dexter scream until his vocal chords split.
I think he does that towards the end........

coke_a_holic
08-30-2005, 01:57 PM
I think he does that towards the end........
Kurt Cobain did, Dexter never got to the yelling.

Kerr
08-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Kurt Cobain did, Dexter never got to the yelling.
Yeah he actually didn't - I think he kinda raised his voice but that's it. I just listened to it again.

It ain't that bad, but could have been much better. There should have been more screaming. *disappointed*

grunge
08-30-2005, 03:02 PM
......hmm...fuck.....

platinumpt
08-30-2005, 04:05 PM
1. The version I have of the territorial pissings cover sang by Dexter Holland has a crappy sound. Anyway, I can tell the original is way better.

2. Hey Joe sang by Dexter Holland is fantastic. It's a great remix, as it's slightly different from the original, both in lyrics and sonority.

3. I don't know the original version of sin city, and honestly I don't care that much, I've never been a great fan of ACDC. Dexter sings good in the cover, but I think it's not their best cover, definitely.

Tired_Of_You
08-30-2005, 05:42 PM
well it's only LIVE cover.Sound quality is crappy....
I think its ok........I have never heard original.......maybe it's right time :)No, it's not live for real!? You must be kidding! I was not talking about the sound quality. I think Dexter's voice is not good and they didn't cover it well in my opinion.

pretty fly 88
09-02-2005, 02:21 PM
I've never heard Offspring play this song, but it really is a great song! My 2nd favorite on Nevermind.

HeadAroundU
09-03-2005, 03:33 PM
No, it's not live for real!? You must be kidding! I was not talking about the sound quality. I think Dexter's voice is not good and they didn't cover it well in my opinion.
So are you saying that they have recorded it in the studio?

coke_a_holic
09-03-2005, 04:58 PM
So are you saying that they have recorded it in the studio?
She's saying:

1. You're retarded
2. They didn't do a good job covering it.

Both of which are true statements.

KuRt_CoBaiN
11-20-2005, 01:30 PM
This Song Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like ALL Nirvana Songs

Moose
11-20-2005, 10:42 PM
doing cover songs are fine, although i dont like when the band releases it as a single, especially a first single like orgy did...also, there are pretty much 2 cool ways of doing a cover: making it totally different for one, or making it totally the same...anyone trying to do an inbetween usually just sounds pathetic...but a great cover is audioslave's live version of seven nation army by the white stripes which was changed slighty (added guitar part my morello), in which the tweek in the song actually worked out...but look at the talent that did it, so its pretty rare to pull of a good cover, hence crappy covers by bands like limp bizkit and such...the offspring are one of the few bands that overall do great covers.