PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic album

paulrose
08-30-2005, 06:24 AM
Do you think that the offspring should make an acoustic album of all there best songs? They have already have done "dirty magic" and "Defy You" in acoustic. I think it would be ace, they would definatly sell as i love the acoustic version of their songs.

icklebabygremlin
08-30-2005, 07:15 AM
yeah that would be cool i was thinking amazed acoustic or tkaa

Mannen som blev en gris
08-30-2005, 07:17 AM
Yeah, I've thought about that before. Would be really cool.

Aimeht
08-30-2005, 07:22 AM
Yes, I'd love an acoustic album! :)

paulrose
08-30-2005, 07:23 AM
i was thinking maybe: the noose, lightning rod, never gonna find me, have you ever, staring at the sun, the kids arn't alright, take it like a man, baghdad, i choose, way down the line and it would be great if they could do next to in acoustic.

Hypodermic_89
08-30-2005, 07:25 AM
All I Want would make a great acoustic song.

Nirushika6789
08-30-2005, 07:29 AM
yea i espiecially think tkaa would be great.....just listen to the intro they did on the dualdisc of it....that was class!:D

Piedude
08-30-2005, 09:01 AM

Some people called the Chipmunks did a cover of "All I want" with acoustics and chipmunks voices...they came on this forum to tell us about it, i dont think im the only one who still has the download

platinumpt
08-30-2005, 09:53 AM
I'd love to hear Bad Habit acoustic, I think I'd laugh a lot :)

RonWelty
08-30-2005, 10:11 AM
at least i would buy ... :D

dexterisMYman
08-30-2005, 10:12 AM
at least i would buy ... :D
hey where have you been? or where have i been? either way how are you?
srry off topic.
yeah i would buy it.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
08-30-2005, 03:49 PM

I made it an acoustic song once. Recorded it too. I was in a local shop and recorded it with my old mp3 player. Of couse somebody stole it because I left it on a bus. It was a pretty cool version of it too.

I don't know
08-30-2005, 03:51 PM
some songs would get cool, but I don't think I'd like an acoustic album, I prefer heavy songs from the offspring

RonWelty
08-31-2005, 12:50 AM
hey where have you been? or where have i been? either way how are you?
srry off topic.
yeah i would buy it.
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool im cool ..this summer was weird cuz next year i will enter in UNIVERSITY ..u know ..i will be a medic :D ...its was hard to visit this forum ..but now i am fully integrated again :D and you?

Jojan
08-31-2005, 12:53 AM
I hate when artist do album that is something special. They should do songs as the songs should be.

Apathy
08-31-2005, 07:16 AM
Unfotunately, If they made an acoustic album, they would most likely fill it up with with their most popular songs to get sales up. However, most of their popular songs wouldn't work well. ( Acoustic Pretty fly And Hit That would sound like crap, And WDYGAJ is already acoustic)

Either way, It would need a new song on it. Acoustic Tracks aren't very appealing to me, And I'd much rather prefer new content. I would Like to hear Self Esteem Though.

RobinoZombie
08-31-2005, 11:21 AM
songs that will work
WDYGAJ
COAP
SPARE
SELF ESTEEM
GONE AWAY-maybe, not sure, might not be enough "power"
Gotta Get Away
Dont pick it up- might get some real cool feel too it
I choose- might get some laughs
KIDS- maybe, dont really know, it might get too strange, cause when its acoustic, it shoudnt be too energetic, or atleast not in my case
DIRTY MAGIC- of course
DEFY YOU- well yes.

offspring_freak_3
08-31-2005, 11:27 AM
songs that will work
WDYGAJ
COAP
SPARE
SELF ESTEEM
GONE AWAY-maybe, not sure, might not be enough "power"
Gotta Get Away
Dont pick it up- might get some real cool feel too it
I choose- might get some laughs
KIDS- maybe, dont really know, it might get too strange, cause when its acoustic, it shoudnt be too energetic, or atleast not in my case
DIRTY MAGIC- of course
DEFY YOU- well yes.

take it like a man will work, well i think

offspring fan
08-31-2005, 11:29 AM
coap??????????

offspring_freak_3
08-31-2005, 11:38 AM
coap??????????
COAP= come out and play :D

ashtray_girl_1
08-31-2005, 12:21 PM
I hate when artist do album that is something special. They should do songs as the songs should be.

I totally agree :D

paulrose
08-31-2005, 01:50 PM
i play all the songs that i listed on my acoustic and they sound pretty kick ass to me.

Nirushika6789
08-31-2005, 01:53 PM
we are one would work great

i can play parts of it on acoustic and it sounds great..espieically the intro

forever_and_a_day
08-31-2005, 02:38 PM
to be honest and acoustic offspring album would be shite, and in terms of commercial success it would flop, most of the songs would lack the energy that they need and would offer nowt new, songs like dirty magic work, but songs like all i want, and thier radio shite wont

paulrose
09-01-2005, 04:50 AM
to be honest and acoustic offspring album would be shite, and in terms of commercial success it would flop, most of the songs would lack the energy that they need and would offer nowt new, songs like dirty magic work, but songs like all i want, and thier radio shite wont

Well in my local town there is this buscar who plays greend day and offspring songs, he's ace. Well anyway he was playing "all i want" one time and its sounded class. But i suppose people have their opinions.

The meaning of life
09-01-2005, 09:13 AM
i think an acoustic album will be too "try to be cool like all band who do that"

but i think i'll buy it anyway but that will not be a big hit i'm shure

notoriousdoc
09-01-2005, 09:48 AM
TKAA would sound fricking awesome, it does when I play it acoustic

RonWelty
09-01-2005, 10:20 AM
TKAA would sound fricking awesome, it does when I play it acoustic
i like how noodles played it on the new DVD --even DExter was amazed !

mattchoo8t3
09-01-2005, 10:56 AM
I think that it really depends on the songs played. Problem is that they use a ton of power chords which sound excellent on electric only sound OK on acoustic. Then again, other songs sound wonderful when played acoustic. I just wonder if the songs would still have the same feel to them, exude the same emotion, if played acoustic.

I would buy the album, but I don't think that it would be a good idea for the band commercially. No offense, but a waste of time and money, all of which could be spent on their next album.

Nirushika6789
09-01-2005, 10:58 AM
I think that it really depends on the songs played. Problem is that they use a ton of power chords which sound excellent on electric only sound OK on acoustic. Then again, other songs sound wonderful when played acoustic. I just wonder if the songs would still have the same feel to them, exude the same emotion, if played acoustic.

I would buy the album, but I don't think that it would be a good idea for the band commercially. No offense, but a waste of time and money, all of which could be spent on their next album.
we are one sounds great on acoustic....i can play it and it sounds great

RonWelty
09-01-2005, 11:02 AM

it will be good as a DVD , with MTV SUPPORT !

platinumpt
09-01-2005, 11:04 AM
yeah, MTV means commercial success.

mattchoo8t3
09-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Now, I agree with you there. We are One does sound nice acoustic. And as a DVD, that's a totally different story. DVD is a great idea!

MTV probably wouldn't support them as much as some other bands because they are much older than the most people who watch TRL or the other MUSIC shows on that channel. VH1 aims at people who are, on average, older than the typical offspring fan. Hell, the offspring has been around nearly as long as MTV (and longer than VH1). They are HUGE, but only to people who are exposed to them. The DVD would do well amongst die-hard fans, but not amongst the populous. :( I hate saying that.

notoriousdoc
09-01-2005, 11:48 AM
we are one sounds great on acoustic....i can play it and it sounds great
Yeah! It does, thanks for reminding me

RonWelty
09-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Now, I agree with you there. We are One does sound nice acoustic. And as a DVD, that's a totally different story. DVD is a great idea!

MTV probably wouldn't support them as much as some other bands because they are much older than the most people who watch TRL or the other MUSIC shows on that channel. VH1 aims at people who are, on average, older than the typical offspring fan. Hell, the offspring has been around nearly as long as MTV (and longer than VH1). They are HUGE, but only to people who are exposed to them. The DVD would do well amongst die-hard fans, but not amongst the populous. :( I hate saying that.
and how do u explain current green days success ?

Loki
09-02-2005, 06:03 AM
They sound very nice accoustic and a accoustic album would be very nice to have.

pretty fly 88
09-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Hmm, I wonder how pretty fly would sound acoustic. Generally, I'm not a big fan of acoustic stuff, but I think Offspring could do a good acoustic album.

paulrose
09-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Hmm, I wonder how pretty fly would sound acoustic. Generally, I'm not a big fan of acoustic stuff, but I think Offspring could do a good acoustic album.

pretty fly sounds ace, i always play it on my acoustic. It sounds pretty crisp and is such a great song to play.

offspring_freak_3
09-02-2005, 07:04 PM
they should try with some songs. it'll be good. well i think