PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans is sinking and I don't want to swim

Mota Boy
08-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Dear God... (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/30/AR2005083000689.html)

dexterisMYman
08-30-2005, 09:39 AM
Dear God... (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/30/AR2005083000689.html)
did you just find this out?

SicN Twisted
08-30-2005, 10:44 AM
how sad, what a wonderful city, getting completely mangled. I have alot of friends there too. I hope Bourbon Street remains unharmed.

Vera
08-30-2005, 11:09 AM
It's really awful. I saw some news footage and oh man. My friend who lives near New Orleans has driven somewhere out of stage for evacuation. I hope her house isn't completely destroyed.

Sunny
08-30-2005, 11:15 AM
oh fuck fuck fuck. that's horrible.

Vera
08-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Sorry to be OT but OMG Mags talk to me on AIM!

Mota Boy
08-30-2005, 12:29 PM
I hope Bourbon Street remains unharmed.
Bourbon's gone under, but the French Quarter is still apparently above water.

did you just find this out?
The levee just broke this morning, shut the fuck up.

Grampa
08-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Bourbon's gone under, but the French Quarter is still apparently above water.

The levee just broke this morning, shut the fuck up.

yeah well who gives a shit about the french anyway? i say nuke them all!!!!

Patton
08-30-2005, 01:13 PM
That's quite a shame. It is/was a cool city.

I'm hoping my silver lining will be that hack Anne Rice got swept away.

Sinister
08-30-2005, 01:41 PM
damn Katrina. Bitch !
yeah I know it's not a person.

Mota Boy
08-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Shit... I just learned that a friend of mine who's attending Tulane decided to stay in New Orleans during the storm.

And according to internet hearsay, the property that my family has in Mississippi is completely washed away. Gone man, solid gone.

Tizzalicious
08-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Shit... I just learned that a friend of mine who's attending Tulane decided to stay in New Orleans during the storm.

And according to internet hearsay, the property that my family has in Mississippi is completely washed away. Gone man, solid gone.

That IS bad =/ Do you know anything about your friend? If they're okay?

Sinister
08-30-2005, 01:46 PM

Shit happens. hope your friend's OK & hope you had insurance on that property.

SicN Twisted
08-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Mota, Bourbon is in the heart of the French Quarter.

It's really horrible mostly because New Orleans is such a beautiful city so rich with music, culture, and wild partying.

Little_Miss_1565
08-30-2005, 08:30 PM
The damage is totally fucking...i mean, damn. Just...damn.

Sin Studly
08-30-2005, 08:39 PM
What's the big deal, the US will be fine without Nawlins.

sKratch
08-30-2005, 08:51 PM

I just heard from my roommate that his friend was going to be a freshman at Tulane and they cancelled the semester.

In other news, is Gambit ok?

Mota Boy
08-30-2005, 09:36 PM
TTiG, I was ignoring Sinister's posts because they (yes, both of them) were too fucking stupid to even be worth slamming and sidetracking this thread. Just let them be and hope that he/she/it either loses his/her/its internet connection or ability to use his/her/its hands.

Sin Studly
08-30-2005, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry, but it's N'Awlins for fucks sake. I'm gonna have to go ahead and do the damn Taxi Driver quote.

Some day a REAL rain is gonna wash away all the scum for good

arak0r
08-30-2005, 11:06 PM
new orleans is a filthy city. in the words of phil anselmo, new orleans is a dying whore. still kinda sucks though.

arak0r
08-31-2005, 12:14 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050831/ts_nm/weather_katrina_dc

love this line,

Officials said a 3-foot (0.9-meter) shark had been spotted cruising the flooded streets.

just the way they say it, makes me chuckle.

SicN Twisted
08-31-2005, 08:54 AM
The US needs Nawlins. In a country of such unapologetic pragmatism, we need our Sin City, somewhere to go and just forget your inhibitions.

Can anyone link me to some religious group saying god was punishing nawlins for being such a haven for indulgence?

Linda
08-31-2005, 12:04 PM
Governor's order: Everyone must leave New Orleans

SicN Twisted
08-31-2005, 01:13 PM
How helpful, seeing as the only highways out of Nawlins have been destroyed.

Endymion
08-31-2005, 01:20 PM
there's still las vegas, but the food's not as good.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-31-2005, 01:22 PM
THAT'S AWESOME! DOWN WITH NEW ORLEANS!

By the way, the apocolypse is happening.

Aimeht
08-31-2005, 01:24 PM
I know, I read it in the newspaper today... :( I don't even live there but I think it's scary.

Not Ozymandias
08-31-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm glad this is happening to these people, and I only wish there were more deaths.

wheaty
08-31-2005, 09:59 PM
fuck some ppl seize to amaze me...like nimrod and the last asshole before me. Why in a situation like this you fucking fagots have to say the stupid shit you do its a fucking shame. I find it ironic how the storm didnt hit NO head on (could u imagine). Its almost as if someone was sending a message you know like look what I can do. I also find it odd how the US is a top poluter and it has been hit hard with natural disasters. As for the ppl of N.O., Mota boy and others alike I send my condolences

Not Ozymandias
08-31-2005, 10:06 PM
Are Canadians taking typing lessons from the British?

barangatang
08-31-2005, 10:08 PM
fuck some ppl seize to amaze me...like nimrod and the last asshole before me. Why in a situation like this you fucking fagots have to say the stupid shit you do its a fucking shame. I find it ironic how the storm didnt hit NO head on (could u imagine). Its almost as if someone was sending a message you know like look what I can do. I also find it odd how the US is a top poluter and it has been hit hard with natural disasters. As for the ppl of N.O., Mota boy and others alike I send my condolences

shut up, you worthless, puck slapping maple sucker.

wheaty
08-31-2005, 10:08 PM
no I just dont care if I spell right or wrong aslong as you get the point

Homer
08-31-2005, 10:10 PM

pwned...

Anyways, today was too fucking windy. We were experiencing strong winds from the hurricane.

Shut up and spell right, this is forum... not MSN.

Not Ozymandias
08-31-2005, 10:19 PM
Don't lie, it's obvious the sentence above was proofread 4 times.
Keep practicing, moose-blower.

It was really windy and wet here today as well. But because my state is actually full of well-educated citizens who would NOT support a theocracy and concentration camps for gays, the gods continue to reward our moral and intellectual superiority by keeping us safe.
Fuck the South, I hope they all die. I'm tired of feeling sorry for people who don't fucking deserve pity. They had their chances to evolve. Now they can drown while I laugh.

wheaty
08-31-2005, 10:23 PM
pwned...

Anyways, today was too fucking windy. We were experiencing strong winds from the hurricane.

Shut up and speel right, this is forum... not MSN.
A forum eh well this doesnt seem to stop ppl from acting like fucking morons. And it was hella windy

Not Ozymandias
08-31-2005, 10:25 PM
A forum eh well this doesnt seem to stop ppl from acting like fucking morons. And it was hella windy
I feel like having this post tattooed on my back.

wheaty
08-31-2005, 10:26 PM
haha do it

Homer
08-31-2005, 10:26 PM

Ummm, yeah I told you to spell right, which basically has nothing to do with what others have said in this thread.

wheaty
08-31-2005, 10:29 PM
Ya and where are you from

wheaty
08-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Ummm, yeah I told you to spell right, which basically has nothing to do with what others have said in this thread.
You said "this is a forum" as if being a forum meant something important. But w/e if it makes everyone happy then I'll spell properly

Not Ozymandias
08-31-2005, 10:39 PM
I ain't gettin' paid to suffer fools.

This message is hidden because wheaty is on your ignore list.

Not Ozymandias
08-31-2005, 10:51 PM
It's been 40 posts about a city sinking into the ocean and nobody has quoted "Aenima" yet. This is no longer the internet I once knew.... :(

See you all in Arizona Bay,
Not Ozymandias

ninthlayer
08-31-2005, 10:56 PM
I ain't gettin' paid to suffer fools.
Ya gettin' paid dance either, get back to work.

RXP
09-01-2005, 02:10 AM
fuck some ppl seize to amaze me...[snipped]

Look stop getting so upset. People here think it's funny to make fun of disasters. They do it on the net cause if they did it in real life they'd get floored. The net is safer.

SicN Twisted
09-01-2005, 10:44 AM
People I know in real life publicly make fun of disasters and everyone laughs. I remember September 11th was a riot, it was a joke every ten seconds. Humor is the best way to deal with tragedy.

wheaty
09-01-2005, 11:23 AM
That makes sence humor is the best way to deal with stuff

Nina
09-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Humor is the best way to deal with tragedy.

It's actually a horrible thing to do. Bah.

wheelchairman
09-01-2005, 12:36 PM
It's actually a horrible thing to do. Bah.
Why? People deal with sad things differently. For many people, laughing about it is the best cure. This of course seems incredibly insensitive to people who deal with it differently, however what gives you the right to judge their way of dealing with things?

Nina
09-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Why? People deal with sad things differently. For many people, laughing about it is the best cure. This of course seems incredibly insensitive to people who deal with it differently, however what gives you the right to judge their way of dealing with things?

Well, I dislike it when people do something on purpose to make themselves feel better when it upsets others at the same time.
I actually dont care whatever people do to make themselves feel better, as long as it's not bothering others.
It bothers me everytime people make fun of that stuff. Therefore I think it's a bad thing to do. Around me, that is.

the_GoDdEsS
09-01-2005, 12:43 PM
You get jokes right away. 9/11, tsunami etc. Some people just feel it's improper to use them when it's all so fresh. But it is a way of dealing too.

Nina
09-01-2005, 12:45 PM
But it is a way of dealing too.

I never said it isnt. I just consider it a bad thing to do around...others. And since it only works around others (duh) I just find it generally bad.

Vera
09-01-2005, 12:50 PM
There were some HILARIOUS jokes about the London bombings made by Brits themselves.

Personally, it doesn't bug me when people joke about these things, as long as they're not laughing at the victims specifically.

"Ha ha you lost a limb!" isn't really funny until the person him/herself decides they can laugh at it.

What bugs me more is people who're not the ones being laughed at or who're not even CONNECTED to incidents getting all pissy because people are joking about it. Like some Americans after London blasts, getting overdramatic and stupid over Brits themselves joking about it. It's like it was offensive to THEM, when people who lived in London, whose family members had gotten injured were making jokes. That kind of arrogance pisses me off.

I think it's great if someone can laugh at something tragic while realizing it's tragic. It sort of shows a positive outlook, IMO. Like, "Well, fuck that, let's move on!".

Nina
09-01-2005, 12:54 PM
How is that arrogant? I dont see that at all.

Vera
09-01-2005, 01:01 PM
They were making it all about THEM, not the real victims whose city and fellow citizens were attacked. It's one thing to be all "I feel for Londoners, I felt awful during 9/11, this attack touched me and I'm feeling kind of sad & shocked about it" but a whole other thing to be all, "Wahhhhh my ANGST feel my PAAAAAINNNN because someone attacked a city I've never been to and don't you DARE joke about it, even though you were on that bus that got blown up, because it offends me personally!".

There's a line between getting upset over something that doesn't touch you (because it touches humanity as a whole, in a way) and trying to make people feel sorry for you and being all attention-whorish over something that doesn't touch you at all.

Nina
09-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Ah I see now, sorry I misunderstood, I thought you were speaking of people who are just upset over such things (like myself, and hey, can't help how I'm feeling, and I don't want to either :P).

"I think it's great if someone can laugh at something tragic while realizing it's tragic. It sort of shows a positive outlook, IMO."

I dunno... what I have realized is that the jokes start RIGHT away, as if the people who joke about it have nothing better to do and wait for something tragic to happen to make fun of it (nah of course not litterally, just saying). And that is kinda bothering because I feel like there hasnt even been ONE freaking moment of just feeling for those people without joking about the situation. I do admire and like people who can laugh about a tragic thing after they have dealt with it...but doing it right away, which always happens, is just...ARGH.

wheelchairman
09-01-2005, 01:12 PM
When it comes down to it. The guy at the funeral who cracks jokes (and who everybody hates) is no different than the ones who cry. It's different expressions for feeling the same emotion.

The Talking Pie
09-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Great wit should never bow to the pressure of tact.

wheelchairman
09-01-2005, 01:16 PM
All people have prejudices as soon as they hit the board. It takes 7 seconds to get a first impression of somebody.

And as for your "mods do not have an objective viewpoint about everyone".. only today, I closed one of Justin's threads for it's content. And also, if you'll look closely, I said banning by COLLECTIVE consent. As in a certain number of mods would have to agree, severely reducing the bias
This is why posting with too many windows open is dangerous my friend.

Tizzalicious
09-01-2005, 01:17 PM
This is why posting with too many windows open is dangerous my friend.

Nope, this is just a spammer.

Tizzalicious
09-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Great wit should never bow to the pressure of tact.

w0rd.

I think you can joke about it, but it it depends how. And when. And around which people.

RXP
09-01-2005, 02:01 PM
I remember September 11th was a riot, it was a joke every ten seconds. Humor is the best way to deal with tragedy.

It wasn't like that here. The only people who made jokes were muslims. I guess it depends on who you hang round with.

Not Ozymandias
09-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Look stop getting so upset. People here think it's funny to make fun of disasters. They do it on the net cause if they did it in real life they'd get floored. The net is safer.
I say the exact same things offline as I do here.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
09-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Nimrod In Town']THAT'S AWESOME! DOWN WITH NEW ORLEANS!

By the way, the apocolypse is happening.

I still think this way.

RXP
09-01-2005, 02:24 PM
I say the exact same things offline as I do here.

But the majority of your posts consist of "X is on your ignore list". You must have really shitty social skills.

Not Ozymandias
09-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Well, obviously. But it makes me seem "quirky" and "unique".

I am the lightning rod
09-01-2005, 02:26 PM
I also find it odd how the US is a top poluter and it has been hit hard with natural disasters.
polution has nothing to do with natural disasters unless its the polar ice cap melting or some other crazy crap

RXP
09-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes it does, it changes weather systems too. Not saying that this has anything to do with it tho. Changes happen ,we just acceletate things.

barangatang
09-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Ya and where are you from

Berkeley california, a mexico toucher.

barangatang
09-01-2005, 05:06 PM
we're mexico touchers.

Not Ozymandias
09-01-2005, 05:43 PM
So's it turns out that federal money was ear-marked to repear the levees some time ago, but the President (who those assholes voted for twice) used that money on the war (which they enthusiastically supported) instead.
This is fucking DELICIOUS, if X's corpse could talk he'd let us know that the chickens have again come home to roost.

BTW, they now have snipers on the rooftops there, shooting at helicopters and relief workers.
I'm fucking loving every second of this.

arak0r
09-01-2005, 08:06 PM
ahh the people of nawlins deserve this shit. my sympathy towards the shit has gone to anger now that i see how a fair portion at least are reacting. you can take the bunny out of the jungle, but not the jungle out of the bunny. (i love that saying, mentioned on another board, no matter how wrong it is :D)

Not Ozymandias
09-01-2005, 08:30 PM
This forum reminds me a lot of N.O. Maybe we should just leave it to rot...

wheaty
09-01-2005, 09:11 PM
polution has nothing to do with natural disasters unless its the polar ice cap melting or some other crazy crap

Or mother nature is pissed.....

wheaty
09-01-2005, 09:46 PM
I'll see what I can do

arak0r
09-01-2005, 10:13 PM
You know, arok0r, a few odd examples interesting enough to be newsworthy doesn't describe an entire population.

a few odd examples? there have been multiple rapes, lootings, fires, a guy shot his SISTER in the fucking head, over a bag of ice.

no wonder southerners are racist. at least the darkies up here are intelligent. actually, everything in the south has a huge iq drop, white or black.

JohnnyNemesis
09-01-2005, 10:18 PM
The very idea that anyone even reasonably intelligent is believing everything /anything they hear/see about all those criminals (who, of course, are ALL BLACK. Oh, I'm SURE that the white people there aren't doing the same, or worse. Of couuuurse.) on the notoriously overfiltered news outlets that dominate everything media-related (including the Internet) is disgusting.

I expected more from people obviously smart enough to form syllables, but I should have known better.

Sunny
09-01-2005, 10:22 PM
actually, everything in the south has a huge iq drop, white or black.

naahh... i've recently become quite fond of the south. or, just a city in the south, but anyways. *shrug*

JohnnyNemesis
09-01-2005, 10:26 PM
As far as the behavior of these victims:

These people's lives have been completely fucked...all of their belongings gone, some of their relatives dead, homes completely destroyed, anything and everything they possibly own in this world gone through no fault of their own. Oh, and they have no means of evacuation, and from the looks of things, certain parties could give a shit.

So yeah, if someone feels comforted by a pair of Jordans or needs to get some soaked bread from a destroyed grocery store, moralizing the situation is fucking bullshit.

wheaty
09-01-2005, 10:26 PM
jonny I think the best way to some up what you just said is with this(posted by neocon58)
http://i.somethingawful.com/images/thatsracist.gif

wheelchairman
09-01-2005, 10:46 PM
The very idea that anyone even reasonably intelligent is believing everything /anything they hear/see about all those criminals (who, of course, are ALL BLACK. Oh, I'm SURE that the white people there aren't doing the same, or worse. Of couuuurse.) on the notoriously overfiltered news outlets that dominate everything media-related (including the Internet) is disgusting.

I expected more from people obviously smart enough to form syllables, but I should have known better.
What's that sound? It sounds familiar....could it be? the motherfucking voice of reason?

Endymion
09-01-2005, 10:46 PM
http://www.csulb.edu/~rjames/classic/4chan.png

Betty
09-01-2005, 11:12 PM
Well, I'd imagine a lot of people there ARE black... and I wouldn't have immediately thought so had I not noticed when watching TV that nearly EVERY SINGLE PERSON shown remaining in New Orleans seemed to be.

But that just comes down to traditional explanations for poverty, etc, etc.

But I don't think the moral of the story is that black people are crazy and violent... it's just that people in general in that situation -- who are trapped and have possibly lost everything and may not have much hope for future rescue -- could have reason to react in that fashion, whatever race they may be.

Sunny
09-01-2005, 11:23 PM

These people's lives have been completely fucked...all of their belongings gone, some of their relatives dead, homes completely destroyed, anything and everything they possibly own in this world gone through no fault of their own. Oh, and they have no means of evacuation, and from the looks of things, certain parties could give a shit.

So yeah, if someone feels comforted by a pair of Jordans or needs to get some soaked bread from a destroyed grocery store, moralizing the situation is fucking bullshit.

amen.
i find it ridiculous that people attempt to judge the behavior of the survivors while sitting on their well-fed and hydrated asses in their untouched houses in front of their computers. how do you know what YOUR reaction would be if everything you had was suddenly gone? your loved ones included? would you remain cool, calm and collected (and oh-so-morally-superior) if you were a victim of the worst disaster in your country's history?
myself, i don't know. would i steal? would i kill, if it meant my own survival? maybe. for now, all i know is that i'm in no position to judge the survivors' actions.

wheaty
09-01-2005, 11:32 PM
well said!

Tizzalicious
09-02-2005, 01:51 AM

Exactly.

If you need food and you can get it from a store that won't sell it anymore anyay because it's flled with water, you won't think: "No wait, this would be stealing, wouldn't it?" No one would think that way.

RXP
09-02-2005, 02:01 AM
Fuck stealing, that don't matter. I mean you need food. But assault and murder is a different matter. I might be sitting on my sofa here on my nice wireless laptop, watching a shitty TV show on my cable box but I'd never kill anyone unless it was a kill or be killed situation. I just don't have it, I'm not violent.

But yeah stealing is fine.

On a side track:- situations like this show that humans are in the end cunts. I mean ALL of humanity. So things like anarchism won't work. No authority, it's choas. And we're all animals when we lose our wealth and revert back to primal instincts. Because it's necessary.

Also the snipers shooting down helecopters? For real? I don't care what situation you're in that's not normal. They should send in some Apache's to take those fuckers out.

wheelchairman
09-02-2005, 02:07 AM
I really wouldn't sympathy with people who left me to die either. Especially since the governor of Louisiana has declared war on the looters.

RXP
09-02-2005, 02:09 AM
So you'd shoot rescue copters?

Sin Studly
09-02-2005, 02:22 AM
If I ever moved to the USA, I'd want to live in the deep south.

wheelchairman
09-02-2005, 02:29 AM
So you'd shoot rescue copters?
Hmm I don't know. Do you know? Or do you just think that they are lunatics. cause like...the media totally has bothered to interview these people and find reasons for their actions.

RXP
09-02-2005, 02:40 AM
It's like 3rd world countries inhabitants shooting fuckin red cross planes or something on food drops.

ninthlayer
09-02-2005, 02:49 AM
Um, you mean "Developing Countries?"
Sensitivity Monster ATTACK!

Vera
09-02-2005, 04:27 AM

Hmm.

See, like to all things, there are two sides for this thing.

My friend lives near Nawlins. She doesn't feel safe in her home because people are breaking into private apartments and shops and the like.

Also, this is friggin' America we're talking about. Some people aren't starving. Some people are stealing for their own personal gain and for that reason only. Some people haven't lost all of their possessions, all of their homes.

It's sort of a weird situation to have. According to some reports, it's a state of chaos over there, people grabbing guns, shooting policemen, shooting each other. According to some, it's just people struggling to survive, stealing a few items.

A man to a man is a wolf, in the words of Hobbes.

Is stealing wrong? Yes. Is it always wrong? Therein lies our problem and also the eternal question, "But what would YOU do in that situation?"

It's difficult.

I sort of agree with what you're saying but I just read a helpless-sounding blog post my Nawlins friend made and it tells a different story. I want to respond to it, with some of the points you presented here, but it's just a difficult issue and she'd probably just get upset.

Fear of losing security and fear because of losing security, it's what seems to be on most people's minds currently. Also, in situations like these what worries me the most is the fact that in America, a lot of people don't trust the police. So when the police are there to help, it's ..difficult.

The Talking Pie
09-02-2005, 04:42 AM
On a side track:- situations like this show that humans are in the end cunts. I mean ALL of humanity. So things like anarchism won't work. No authority, it's choas. And we're all animals when we lose our wealth and revert back to primal instincts. Because it's necessary.
Marry me <3

Sin Studly
09-02-2005, 04:43 AM
in America, a lot of people don't trust the police.

Is it different anywhere else?

Vera
09-02-2005, 04:48 AM
Given, in Finland the trust in police isn't *too* high (people trust teachers more!) but then again, ours isn't all too corrupt. At least, as far as I know.

*shrugs*

Sin Studly
09-02-2005, 04:52 AM
Neither are America's, relatively speaking. One of my nigger friends was telling me about the criminal justice system in The Sudan. It was... interesting. Apparantly the police there beat you until you cry, then they claim you're crying because of guilt, and find you guilty of whatever they say you did without trial. Of course, if they can't make you cry they just shoot you in the face instead.

When he found out I worked for the police here he kept calling me "Sir". It was cool.

Mota Boy
09-02-2005, 09:19 AM
I really wouldn't sympathy with people who left me to die either. Especially since the governor of Louisiana has declared war on the looters.
So... you think the pilots flying those helicopters made the decisions that led to this disaster? You think workers from the power company, whose trucks have been shot at, mismanaged the flow of supplies? You think the National Guard troops from Arkansas fucked up the evacuation plans?

The people who are responsible for this disaster becoming this disaster will never come close to the flood zone. They will sit in Baton Rouge and D.C. and either make pathetic pleas for help days after their miserable asses should have or, more sickeningly, kiss each other's asses and whine about how difficult such a large relief effor is. Fuck them. The people out there who have been shot at - the troops, the police, the Coast Guard, the Entergy employees - those people have as much control over the current situation as the looters, the difference is that they are working around the clock to fix the situation.

Stealing food, stealing guns, stealing certain supplies I don't have a problem with. However, you can't rationalize everything - there were at least seven murders and a dozen rapes inside the Superdome. There's no way to rationalize this. People are hungry, thirsty, desperate and scared, yes. But only a small percentage of refugees are breaking into family businesses, houses and cars, compounding the damage and harming other people in the process. I find it difficult to muster up much sympathy for those people. No, I don't know what I'd do if I was in their place, but I sure as hell know what I'd do to someone trying to breaking into my house.

Mainly though, this has been a catestrophic failure for the current administration. Four goddamn years almost to the day after 9/11 and we are wholly unprepared for a disaster of this size which, unlike a theoretical terrorist attack, we knew when and where it was going to occur. I'm fucking sick. This administration's idea of national security is... is IRAQ. Bush has done fuck-all in five years except hide behind two burning buildings and scare Americans into supporting him. Well, Mr. President, it looks like you haven't done dick with your time in office. When Fox News is openly critical of the administration, you know that you've fucked up pretty damn badly. I want to see people burn for this... metaphorically, of course.

RXP
09-02-2005, 09:21 AM
For once I agree with everything Mota said.

arak0r
09-02-2005, 10:24 AM
definately agree with all that mota said. im waiting for gwb to blame the 'cane on bin laden

0r4ng3
09-02-2005, 10:26 AM
im waiting for gwb to blame the 'cane on bin laden
It would make more sense (or less, whatever, it's GWB) to blame it on Iraq.

arak0r
09-02-2005, 10:27 AM
It would make more sense (or less, whatever, it's GWB) to blame it on Iraq.

yes but santa is already in prison.. in cuba.. which is close to the gulf of mexico. oh shit ! i bet he used iraqi voodoo! quick someone call the president!

SicN Twisted
09-02-2005, 11:17 AM
My opinion in this matter is severely biased seeing as the Nawlins police beat the fuck out of me last time I was there.

Even so, I sympathize with the looters. most of them were really poor and disenfranchised to begin with - fuck New Orleans has alot of murder, rape, and looting flood or no flood. Interviewing looters is pointless, because I doubt they're trying to rationalize what they're doing, they're just filled with despair and psychosis and can't deal with the situation. I personally don't mind breaking into stores and stealing food and supplies, i'd probably be doing it myself. The murders obviously suck, but making the police's main mission to crack down on the looters rather then rescue citizens is horrible and coutnerproductive, it can only make the situation worse.

Oh yeah, fuck the Nawlins PD. I hope every single one of them gets beaten to death.

RXP
09-02-2005, 11:17 AM
I heard G.W Bush is getting prepped for a C-130 drop over the disaster zone. Like the pres in Indepdence Day getting into a Hornet and killing the aliens. What a guy.

Sin Studly
09-02-2005, 11:20 AM
My opinion in this matter is severely biased seeing as the Nawlins police beat the fuck out of me last time I was there.

A buck gets ten you deserved it, punk.

the_GoDdEsS
09-02-2005, 11:46 AM
whats punk?!

I'm sure they have encyclopaedias and dictionaries in the library, don't they?

JohnnyNemesis
09-02-2005, 11:50 AM
The fact that EROS is only online for a certain time period each day makes a lot more sense now.

What an incredible loser. If you're going to go to the library for something, at LEAST be productive. Read an awesome book, check out some articles, fuckin' LEARN something. Don't resign yourself to a life of worthless spamming.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
09-02-2005, 11:56 AM
The fact that EROS is only online for a certain time period each day makes a lot more sense now.

What an incredible loser. If you're going to go to the library for something, at LEAST be productive. Read an awesome book, check out some articles, fuckin' LEARN something. Don't resign yourself to a life of worthless spamming.

It's not his life, imbecile. He spends like 2 hours on the computer, out of 24.

JohnnyNemesis
09-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Nimrod In Town']It's not his life, imbecile. He spends like 2 hours on the computer, out of 24.

Yes, but if you're going to actually get out of the house and DO something, why choose to go to a public library and spam? Why not find some friends and hang out with them? Maybe play some sports, even a video game or two? Maybe stop spamming and read a book in that same library?

Why do something that is the ultimate in pathetic behavior when, if you're already outside, you could be doing something that DOESN'T announce to us that you've accepted your role in life as a pathetic piece of shit?

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
09-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Yes, but if you're going to actually get out of the house and DO something, why choose to go to a public library and spam? Why not find some friends and hang out with them? Maybe play some sports, even a video game or two? Maybe stop spamming and read a book in that same library?

Why do something that is the ultimate in pathetic behavior when, if you're already outside, you could be doing something that DOESN'T announce to us that you've accepted your role in life as a pathetic piece of shit?
You don't know if he doesn't hanG with his friends. Or, if he gets out to do stuff.

JohnnyNemesis
09-02-2005, 12:02 PM
You're right, I don't, but I DO know that the act of spending two hours of your time in a public space attempting to annoy people you will never meet, rather than coming here to just unwind and have some discussions here and there, is REALLY FUCKING PATHETIC, no matter how you look at it.

Preocupado
09-02-2005, 12:03 PM

Fucking god damn right.

By the way, i'm about to be hit by an extra-tropical hurricane too. Sure won't be the shit, but i don't have any hopes for my satellite dish and a couple of windows after it is gone. It's gonna be tonight, woohoo!

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
09-02-2005, 12:05 PM
You're right, I don't, but I DO know that the act of spending two hours of your time in a public space attempting to annoy people you will never meet, rather than coming here to just unwind and have some discussions here and there, is REALLY FUCKING PATHETIC, no matter how you look at it.

Still, it's just 2 hours. He maybe does 'hang' with his friends.

Preocupado
09-02-2005, 01:45 PM
WOOHOOOOO HURRICANE THREAT INDUCED HOLIDAYS!

No work or university untill monday! It's time for posttraumatic stress induced histeria fun!

http://g2.gigafoto.com.br/2005/09/02/3159900.jpg

0r4ng3
09-02-2005, 02:12 PM
EROS, there's a new trend going around. It's called making sense. Care to try it out?

Edit: This applies to every single one of your posts.

0r4ng3
09-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Nope, you don't have it yet. Try again.

0r4ng3
09-02-2005, 02:18 PM
This message was also hidden.
If it was truly hidden, you wouldn't have responded to it.

Congratulations, you lose at the internet. How does it feel?

the_GoDdEsS
09-02-2005, 02:29 PM
I'll be waiting for "This message does not exist because EROS lost access to the library".

Preocupado
09-02-2005, 02:48 PM
oooo things are getting ugly here. Wind whistling throught the windows, the sky is half dark, half bright with really ugly loaded dark clouds, the birds are all agitated and the electricity is starting to oscilate already...

Dude, i love this Twister feeling in the air...