PDA

View Full Version : Metallica's "The Outlaw Torn", full version

Kerr
08-30-2005, 01:07 PM
Apparently, before putting it onto the Load album, it had to be cut down and the medley was gotten rid of, as the full album length eceeded the allowed 79:55 minutes - any longer, then the CD would skip. The full length of the track is 10:48, but was reduced I think... by a minute?

The full version was released as a b-side to a single of a song off the Load album, apparently. I managed to download it using eMule (I don't have Load yet but when I read about this on the Metallica.com BBS, I was so damn interested and decided to get it, and I will get Load and Reload soon anyway). I personally think it's a good song, and I think there is only one minor "fault" in the track where very briefly there is no sound (you know what I mean...?), but apart from that, it's good quality.

If you are interested, I'd be more than happy to e-mail it to you (it is just under 10MB so doesn't exceed the limit that hotmail lets you send), or you could contact me via MSN. Check my profile or click that little blue man in the top right-hand corner of my posts for my addy.