PDA

View Full Version : A little help please

Socially Rejected
08-31-2005, 01:06 PM
This is the homework I have to have done for higher business management tomorrow and it really doesn't make sense so if anyone here knows about business then it would be very much appreciated.

You are a management consultant and you're being asked by a young lady who wants to set up a self employed buisness, what the best business organisation is. Provide a detailed report for her setting out the pros and cons of suitable business ventures and at the end recommend with reasons which one she she should chose.

I think you have to go into detail about soletraders, partnerships, franchises, public limited companies, private limited comapines etc. But its fucking confusing.

So far I have : I would advise the young lady to set up as either a soletrader or a franchise.

I can see this is going to be a long night :(

Thucydides
08-31-2005, 01:09 PM
heh, I have to do that kind of thing occasionally too. I don't think you need to explain public limited companies because if it's just a 'young lady' she won't be able to set one up yet anyway.

wheelchairman
08-31-2005, 01:23 PM
Depends what kind of product she has. Sole trader is the most obvious.

Although business organization, isn't that based on the organization principles? (line for example.)

Anyways sole trader because she doesn't have the capital to become a Public Limited or anything else. And franchises would mean she would no longer be self-employed. (although technically not employing anyone either).

Do you need to talk about liability? I would say full liability or whatever.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-31-2005, 01:27 PM
I don't care about that.