PDA

View Full Version : New album from The Offspring...

La_Plume_Noire
09-01-2005, 06:17 AM
Hey ya people !

Today, I've visited the unofficial french website of The Offspring. And I saw a news that talk about the 8th album from our band ! The website is here (http://gregpunk.free.fr/index.php).

This is the post (in french) :

Nouvel Album pour Novembre !!
Ecrit par Farid le 2005-08-28 à 19:07

Source: DISCUTEZ SUR LE FORUM
The Offspring sortirait un nouvel Album inédit le 15 Novembre d'après ces nombreuses sources:
http://www.tophitsonline.com/newreleases.htm
http://www.pauseandplay.com/15november2005.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Offspring

Il sera produit par Jerry Finn.D'après Billboard.com, Noodles précise que ce nouvel album aura un ton très humouristique et sarcastique, tout en preservant ce coté punk. Noodles ajoute qu'ils ont déja 5,6 chansons enregistrés.Ils n'ont pas encore de titre pour ce huitième album après l'echec de Splinter, et leur Greatest Hits.
La sortie de ce nouvel album sera en concurrence avec Shakira, Madonna et System of a Down qui ont pour leur nouvel album comme titre: "Hypnotize".
La rentrée s'annonce bien cette année !!

Now, there is the translation into english !

New album in November !!
The Offspring will release a new album the november 15th. See the three sources.
It will be procuced by Jerry Finn. billboard.com says : Noodles says that the new album will be humoristic with the punk side. Noodles says that they have recorded 5-6 songs. They don't have founded a title for this 8th album yet after Splinter & Greatest Hit's failure.
The news album release will be in competition with Shakira, Madonna & System Of A Down (new album title : Hypnotize).
The school come back will be good this year !

So, what do you think of that dears friends ?
See ya.

Tijs
09-01-2005, 06:21 AM
Well, dear friend, I think that you're not the first one who brings the news to these boards:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14621

offspring fan
09-01-2005, 06:23 AM
gratest hits is nr 8

Killboy
09-01-2005, 06:23 AM
That's fucking great... although they said Splinter was gonna be ready for early '03 and look, it just came out on DECEMBER!!

La_Plume_Noire
09-01-2005, 06:25 AM
gratest hits is nr 8
I don't count this album as an album... it's a kind of a best of.

To Tijs : I'm sorry... But I wasn't here since a while...! :rolleyes:

platinumpt
09-01-2005, 07:38 AM
No problem I think, it's always good to remember these things anyway! But I think the release is gonna be on next summer or something.

dexterisMYman
09-01-2005, 07:52 AM
I love the search button!

wishomie
09-01-2005, 07:53 AM
I love the search button!
So do I.

dexterisMYman
09-01-2005, 07:54 AM
So do I.
you do? oh cool. look we have something in common.

wishomie
09-01-2005, 07:55 AM
you do? oh cool. look we have something in common.
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

dexterisMYman
09-01-2005, 07:56 AM
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
ok now dont get to excited. I don't want you sprayin everywhere.

platinumpt
09-01-2005, 08:02 AM
please, not in front of the children.

wishomie
09-01-2005, 08:02 AM
ok now dont get to excited. I don't want you sprayin everywhere.
awww, but I want to. I like spraying stuff.

dexterisMYman
09-01-2005, 08:06 AM
awww, but I want to. I like spraying stuff.
fine go ahead.

platinumpt
09-01-2005, 08:07 AM
fine go ahead.
Shit I'm outta here *runs away incredibly quick*

dexterisMYman
09-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Shit I'm outta here *runs away incredibly quick*
ok bye.....

Aimeht
09-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Noodles says that the new album will be humoristic with the punk side.
Humoristic..., like...The Worst Hangover Ever? ^^ :S

platinumpt
09-01-2005, 09:01 AM
I have a feeling it's gonna be a fucked up album... again.

Kineticz
09-01-2005, 09:02 AM
and i have a feeling that no one cares

Aimeht
09-01-2005, 09:06 AM
I have that feeling too. Wierd.

SeanAshmore
09-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Aimeht, you looked really cute in you're last picture, why change it? lol

*wanders off mumbling and grumbling*

dexterisMYman
09-01-2005, 12:23 PM
I have a wierd feeling that this album is gonna do good. i dont know. two flops and then a hit seems to be the thing these days.

Aimeht
09-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Aimeht, you looked really cute in you're last picture, why change it? lol

*wanders off mumbling and grumbling*
I felt like it.

dexterisMYman
09-01-2005, 12:30 PM
I felt like it.
oh snap!!!!

Come out and smash'em up!
09-01-2005, 01:01 PM
i'm scared about the humoristic part :confused:

dexterisMYman
09-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Well the humor seems to kinda do it for them. I don't know what it is. Maybe Dexter should write more serious songs from now on.

OffspringerD@n
09-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Hey ya people !

Today, I've visited the unofficial french website of The Offspring. And I saw a news that talk about the 8th album from our band ! The website is here (http://gregpunk.free.fr/index.php).

This is the post (in french) :

Nouvel Album pour Novembre !!
Ecrit par Farid le 2005-08-28 à 19:07

Source: DISCUTEZ SUR LE FORUM
The Offspring sortirait un nouvel Album inédit le 15 Novembre d'après ces nombreuses sources:
http://www.tophitsonline.com/newreleases.htm
http://www.pauseandplay.com/15november2005.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Offspring

Il sera produit par Jerry Finn.D'après Billboard.com, Noodles précise que ce nouvel album aura un ton très humouristique et sarcastique, tout en preservant ce coté punk. Noodles ajoute qu'ils ont déja 5,6 chansons enregistrés.Ils n'ont pas encore de titre pour ce huitième album après l'echec de Splinter, et leur Greatest Hits.
La sortie de ce nouvel album sera en concurrence avec Shakira, Madonna et System of a Down qui ont pour leur nouvel album comme titre: "Hypnotize".
La rentrée s'annonce bien cette année !!

Now, there is the translation into english !

New album in November !!
The Offspring will release a new album the november 15th. See the three sources.
It will be procuced by Jerry Finn. billboard.com says : Noodles says that the new album will be humoristic with the punk side. Noodles says that they have recorded 5-6 songs. They don't have founded a title for this 8th album yet after Splinter & Greatest Hit's failure.
The news album release will be in competition with Shakira, Madonna & System Of A Down (new album title : Hypnotize).
The school come back will be good this year !

So, what do you think of that dears friends ?
See ya.

Hey, that´s great news, but are u sure that it´s already in November? seems really soon. I mean, the sooner the better!!! but, wow, that was fast. is that a trust worthy site?

forever_and_a_day
09-01-2005, 01:36 PM
i carn't wait to hear thier radio single, they have gotten more cheesy over time, let's see if they can beat the cheesy keyboard bit off hit that

dont get me wrong i am an offspring fan, just thier radio singles have gotten worse over time, come out and play was an unexpected hit and i like it, pretty fly is bareable, but orginal prankster and hit that are the biggest piles of wank ever made

dexterisMYman
09-01-2005, 01:38 PM
i carn't wait to hear thier radio single, they have gotten more cheesy over time, let's see if they can beat the cheesy keyboard bit off hit that

dont get me wrong i am an offspring fan, just thier radio singles have gotten worse over time, come out and play was an unexpected hit and i like it, pretty fly is bareable, but orginal prankster and hit that are the biggest piles of wank ever made
now now lets be nice.

RonWelty
09-01-2005, 01:41 PM
dudes- they finish the JAPAN TOUR in the end of OCTOBER ...they toured a lot in the summer ..do u really think that they will release a album in november .. months after GREATEST HITS release ? ...i rest my case !

original_prankster
09-01-2005, 03:15 PM
I don't think that's true, but it would be cool if it was released in November...

platinumpt
09-01-2005, 04:23 PM

Yeah... humm.... but you heard of CGMHAY and Can't Repeat, right?

La_Plume_Noire
09-02-2005, 12:14 AM
Hey, that´s great news, but are u sure that it´s already in November? seems really soon. I mean, the sooner the better!!! but, wow, that was fast. is that a trust worthy site?
Hi !
This website can be read with confidence, it's maybe a fake, but wait and see...

farelly
09-02-2005, 04:10 AM
Offspring releasing his album in november is a great idea! (Better than my failed exam at university of course, :D )

And I have found out that Red Hot and Hoobastank are going to release those albums too. Great!

PS: Sometimes I have to seek songs by offspring to find out what is the song you are talking about, like CGMHAY.

platinumpt
09-02-2005, 04:20 AM
Yeah, it's Can't Get My Head Around You, CGMHAY is shorter, so I usually use it :D

A few more:

TKAA = The Kids Aren't Alright
WDYGAJ = Why Don't You Get A Job
MMA = Million Miles Away

Cejus
09-02-2005, 04:27 AM
there's also:
COAP = Come out and play

Let's hope those news are true, and we can enjoy a new Offspring album in November hehe :rolleyes:

Venom Symbiote
09-02-2005, 04:27 AM
*moans sardonically*

Buuuul-shhhhiiiiit. It'll be late 2006 at the earliest. I'm going to bet 2007, going by their track record with the last two releases. "Y0 h0meZ, d3l@yZ t0 d@ m@X, y0!"

:rolleyes: ;)

platinumpt
09-02-2005, 04:29 AM
there's also:
COAP = Come out and play

Let's hope those news are true, and we can enjoy a new Offspring album in November hehe :rolleyes:
Yeah, I forgot COAP :D

By the way, I doubt that's true man... they're going to tour japan in October...

Cejus
09-02-2005, 04:34 AM
Yeah, I forgot COAP :D

By the way, I doubt that's true man... they're going to tour japan in October...
Perhaps it's November 2006... LOL

paulrose
09-02-2005, 04:54 AM

What do you mean again? Every album they have made have been exellent, if you are refering to splinter then i dont know how you can called that "a fucked up album" that has got some of the best riffs ever on it, infact its one of my favourites at the moment. But i suppose its your opinion.

platinumpt
09-02-2005, 04:58 AM
What do you mean again? Every album they have made have been exellent, if you are refering to splinter then i dont know how you can called that "a fucked up album" that has got some of the best riffs ever on it, infact its one of my favourites at the moment. But i suppose its your opinion.
Yeah it is my opinion indeed... even though Splinter has some of my favorite songs ever, it also has songs that I don't like, that's why I said it's kinda fucked up... but don't take it personal, really, it's only an opinion.

Amazed
09-02-2005, 09:41 AM

again? again?!?! AGAIN?! wtf are you saying? you wanna die, don't you? :p

paulrose
09-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Yeah it is my opinion indeed... even though Splinter has some of my favorite songs ever, it also has songs that I don't like, that's why I said it's kinda fucked up... but don't take it personal, really, it's only an opinion.

Im not taking it personal, im just saying splinter is a great album, but not everyone likes all their favourite bands songs.

SeanAshmore
09-05-2005, 12:43 AM
oh snap!!!!

Well, ya try to be nice and this is where it gets ya lol.............

jus kiddin. fair enuff. 'change' is good for some.

a drunk 'change' beat me once...............

farelly
09-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Hey dudes! Sometimes I read lol in your posts and I don´t know what it means. If you Cejus read this, try to explain me, you´re Spanish too :D .

What means lol?

dain84
09-05-2005, 10:36 AM
Hey dudes! Sometimes I read lol in your posts and I don´t know what it means. If you Cejus read this, try to explain me, you´re Spanish too :D .

What means lol?
laugh out loud.

farelly
09-05-2005, 02:17 PM
laugh out loud.

Thanks man!

Aimeht
09-10-2005, 07:11 AM
Have they really started to record the new album? Is it true that it will be released in November?
And, will they release another album after this one?

SkyRocker
09-10-2005, 07:15 AM
Have they really started to record the new album? Is it true that it will be released in November?
And, will they release another album after this one?
Yes. Maybe. Yes.

Aimeht
09-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Yes. Maybe. Yes.
How do you know it is true?

SkyRocker
09-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Noodles said thay had 5 or 6 songs already done.
November is a date that appears on web site but i'm sceptic.
I read too they have a contract in which they have another album(s).
Satisfied ?

Aimeht
09-10-2005, 07:23 AM
Noodles said thay had 5 or 6 songs already done.
November is a date that appears on web site but i'm sceptic.
I read too they have a contract in which they have another album(s).
Satisfied ?
Yeah, but I mean... What is your sources? I mean... "Noodles said...", when/where did he say that?

SkyRocker
09-10-2005, 07:33 AM
article (http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000953562)
Content :
The Offspring Writing For New Album
By John Benson, Cleveland

With its first greatest hits package due June 21 via Columbia, the Offspring isn't wasting any time planning the follow-up to its last studio album, 2003's "Splinter."

"The stuff we've done right now is kind of all across the board, from the fast melodic punk stuff to some tongue-in-cheek, humorous, more fun stuff," Offspring guitarist Noodles tells Billboard.com. "We have about five or six songs that may or may not make it on. By the time we start doing more, a lot of times the last songs written and recorded are the ones that make up the bulk of the record. I know that at least a few of them will probably end up on the record, but who knows."

For the band's sets on the upcoming Vans Warped Tour, which kicks off June 18 in Columbus, Ohio, fans can expect to hear new "Greatest Hits" track "Can't Just Repeat," as well as plenty of old school material from the Offspring's 1989 self-titled debut and the 1993 album "Ignition."

"We don't really know what we're going to do, so we're getting prepared for everything," Noodles says. "We have a set list that is like 57 songs long. And we've really worked with [new drummer] Atom [Willard], who has never played some of the older songs off the first two records. It's fun just going back and re-learning all of that stuff and learning them with a new drummer."

After the Warped dates are completed, the band is hoping to tour Europe in September and Japan in October. Afterward, it will get busy on finishing the new album, which will likely be out by next summer.

Fans will also want to check out the commentary track by Noodles and group member Dexter Holland that accompanies the music videos compiled on "Complete Music Video Collection," due July 19.

"That was kind of trippy," Noodles says. "It was fun to do for me and Dexter because we're going back in time and all of these memories started to flash back. It's kind of like watching 10 years of your career and then remembering where you were at, what tour you just finished up and which girlfriend you were breaking up with at the time that video was out. But are people really going to listen to that? I think it would probably bore the sh*t out of most people."