PDA

View Full Version : New Offspring album will be humoristic? Damn you Dexter!

Manic subsidal
09-01-2005, 06:05 PM
There's some bands that have really catchy music, but shitty lyrics.

There's other bands that have really good lyrics, but shitty music.

It's rare when you have a band with both good lyrics and music. Offspring is one of those bands... but what the hell has Dexter been thinking lately? Why all these goofy songs? Of course there's always some funny joke stuff on every offspring album, but at least the joke songs on their eariler albums were actually pretty good. Songs like beheaded and burn it up kicked ass, but now what do we have? Worst hangover ever? These joke songs are just getting worst and I have a really bad feeling about this new album after hearing it's going to be humoristic.

I say enough with "I'm never going to drink again!", "You acted like a ho!", "don't pick up the soap!" and go back to kick ass lyrics and kick ass music.

There's my little whine for today.

barangatang
09-01-2005, 06:09 PM
I honastly don't care, as long as they keep on making music.

kickass0987654321
09-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Dido..............

barangatang
09-01-2005, 06:21 PM
didja ever meet can't repeat?

kickass0987654321
09-01-2005, 06:22 PM
didja ever meet can't repeat?
Duracell............

barangatang
09-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Duracell............

there was no can't repeat? Thats what i thought.

Apathy
09-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Dido..............

What Does Dido have to do with this?

Unless of course, You don't know how to spell Ditto :rolleyes:

I agree with you however. Even if they are joke songs, I get Addicted to almost every song for at least a little while

kickass0987654321
09-01-2005, 06:26 PM
there was no can't repeat? Thats what i thought.
I kinda figured it out by the second PM he sent me but I decided to see whether I was wrong by meeting him somewhere. I was being really stupid.

kickass0987654321
09-01-2005, 06:27 PM
What Does Dido have to do with this?

Unless of course, You don't know how to spell Ditto :rolleyes:

I agree with you however. Even if they are joke songs, I get Addicted to almost every song for at least a little while
Sorry. I have heard the word but never actually seen it on paper. I'll remember that.

Little_Miss_1565
09-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Where did you hear this about the new album?

barangatang
09-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Where did you hear this about the new album?

Wikipidia includes the words "new album" in the closing sentence for thier offspring profile, so naturally everyone goes berserk.

beautifulnightmare
09-01-2005, 06:44 PM
took the words right out of my mouth >_>

Drummerguy123
09-01-2005, 08:52 PM
I think the Offspring need to start making some more hardcore punk music instead of the "joke" songs I guess you could call them. I hate it when people don't think the Offspring are Punk Rock. As long as they have a nice hardcore single, I really don't care about the rest of the album being humorous.

Chanz
09-01-2005, 09:21 PM
ok i know offspring are jokers... and they like to write funny songs but I must admit the last "funny songs" were pretty annoying Beheaded is my all time favourite song its awsome.

Aimeht
09-02-2005, 06:44 AM
There's some bands that have really catchy music, but shitty lyrics.

There's other bands that have really good lyrics, but shitty music.

It's rare when you have a band with both good lyrics and music. Offspring is one of those bands... but what the hell has Dexter been thinking lately? Why all these goofy songs? Of course there's always some funny joke stuff on every offspring album, but at least the joke songs on their eariler albums were actually pretty good. Songs like beheaded and burn it up kicked ass, but now what do we have? Worst hangover ever? These joke songs are just getting worst and I have a really bad feeling about this new album after hearing it's going to be humoristic.

I say enough with "I'm never going to drink again!", "You acted like a ho!", "don't pick up the soap!" and go back to kick ass lyrics and kick ass music.

There's my little whine for today.
I agree, at first I thought those songs were quite funny but now I'm sick of them, I want the old Offspring back! Like...Smash-Offspring. :rolleyes:

Offspring7
09-02-2005, 07:18 AM
the new album may be centered around humor songs...but that doesn't mean they're not going to have any real songs...and humor songs can sometimes double as good for a funny song and good for a real song

platinumpt
09-02-2005, 08:01 AM
I second every single word of Manic Subsidal. Enough joke songs already. You forgot to mention "What Happened To You" and "Mota" those are fucking great humorous songs!

Dexter_H
09-02-2005, 08:37 AM
Cool to hate is a classic humoristic song. From Americana these "joke" songs have been their way or selling albums. I really dont' know why they need to write crappy pop tunes, their best selling album (smash) didn't have this pop poo on it.

original_prankster
09-02-2005, 11:07 AM
I honestly don't care whether they do humorous songs or serious ones, as long as they are good.

EDIT: Wow. I didn't even notice the other person's post that sounds like this...

Revolver-2005?
09-02-2005, 11:15 AM
i think they need some more humor music...just it has to be better than their other humor songs lol

YODAvid
09-02-2005, 11:24 AM
I think he doesnt mean songs like Worst Hangover ever. hes talking about songs like original prankster, want you bad, one fine day, i choose, mota... all that (kinda) good stuff.

theres more songs like: shes got issues, feelings (well you can see those humoristic, if ya want to)... what else.... come out and play.

RonWelty
09-02-2005, 11:47 AM
Dexter is a clever guy ..but ...FUCK ..canīt he just see that actually the public wants emotional songs , songs that relates to them ..."like gone away or Boulevard of Broken dreams".... can īt repeat was a good effort ..letīs go DEXTER ..."YOU CAN DO IT "

JohnnyNemesis
09-02-2005, 11:57 AM
The thing about their joke songs is that they're NOT FUNNY, EVER, AND NEVER HAVE BEEN!!! That's why they should cut it out. They're acting like a bunch of fuckin' immature 12 year old kids who just learned a few new curse words whenever they write shit like the lyrics from "Spare Me The Details", "Beheaded", and "When You're In Prison".

killer_queen
09-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Well, I don't give a fuck about the lyrics. The only thing I want is at least one song like Me & My Old Lady. And goos music, that's all.

offspring fan
09-02-2005, 12:45 PM
i want funny songs!!!!

Hypodermic_89
09-02-2005, 01:05 PM
The thing about their joke songs is that they're NOT FUNNY, EVER, AND NEVER HAVE BEEN!!! That's why they should cut it out. They're acting like a bunch of fuckin' immature 12 year old kids who just learned a few new curse words whenever they write shit like the lyrics from "Spare Me The Details", "Beheaded", and "When You're In Prison".

Beheaded?????? Don't think that song has any curse words..

Amazed
09-02-2005, 01:12 PM
i want funny songs!!!!

what?! :eek:

Megs
09-02-2005, 01:20 PM
damn....i voted with the losers *hangs head in shame*

:D

paulrose
09-02-2005, 01:23 PM
Will eveyone please stop moaning about nothing? Just let the offspring do what they do best.....make music. You should be pretty glad that they're still around after this long. In my opinion all they're songs are brilliant and they dont need to be critesised(not sure how to spell it) by their fans do they? If they are real fans they will stick with them whatever music they decide to bring out, and thats what im going to do because everysong means something different to me even the commical songs.

killer_queen
09-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Oh maaan! Again that stupid "if you are a fan don't complain about anything, love all the songs" discussion. If anyone thinks like that I'm sure he/she is an idiot. Like you.

Amazed
09-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Will eveyone please stop moaning about nothing? Just let the offspring do what they do best.....make music. You should be pretty glad that they're still around after this long. In my opinion all they're songs are brilliant and they dont need to be critesised(not sure how to spell it) by their fans do they? If they are real fans they will stick with them whatever music they decide to bring out, and thats what im going to do because everysong means something different to me even the commical songs.

agreed....

pretty fly 88
09-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Offspring has humor songs, but they don't really make me laugh. The only one that did make me laugh is the Disclaimer, and that's not a song, that's an intro. But I think the songs that are supposed to be funny are good, so I voted yes.

offspring fan
09-02-2005, 02:55 PM
what?! :eek:
the funny songs is the best. mota, pretty fly, come out and ply, i choose, self estem, the worst hangower ewer...............

Amazed
09-02-2005, 03:03 PM
the funny songs is the best. mota, pretty fly, come out and ply, i choose, self estem, the worst hangower ewer...............

I don't dislike the "funny" songs, they're good. But I don't think there should be more than 2 of them on each album.

Nirushika6789
09-02-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't dislike the "funny" songs, they're good. But I don't think there should be more than 2 of them on each album.
yea ..although i dont mind if the lyrics still sort of have some meaning lol (i thnk spare me the details still has meaning while being funny)
if it sounds good i dont care

Amazed
09-02-2005, 03:18 PM
yea ..although i dont mind if the lyrics still sort of have some meaning lol (i thnk spare me the details still has meaning while being funny)
if it sounds good i dont care

agree......

yusuke-lupin
09-02-2005, 03:42 PM
actuly songs like beheaded and cool to hate and few others said are sarcastic there is a diffrence between sarcastic and funny but ya i love all the offsprings songs no matter and every song rocks but beheaded was not really ment to be funny neather was burn it up and a few others. Every song has good lyrics. I love um all i mean somg of my least fav offspring songs are trying to be funny only 2 thos why don't you get a job and i want you bad. i still love them but some of there songs off smash where not to good i never liked nitro much its ok and a few others but all in all i love every song the offspring are why better then ANY other band :} imop :cool:

Smashing
09-02-2005, 03:44 PM
I agree, at first I thought those songs were quite funny but now I'm sick of them, I want the old Offspring back! Like...Smash-Offspring. :rolleyes:

it's like you read my mind

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
09-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Just because the lyrics are a joke doesn't mean they will play it like a joke...

If that makes sence to any of you, take Self Esteem for example, you can't seriously say that makes you laugh when you listen to it... although if you read the lyrics BEFORE listening to the song, you're most likely to laugh.

Totaly agree'd ... seriously guy's. Would you rather them not bring out a album? i know most of us wouldn't want that... besides, song's like Spare Me The Details and Walla Walla are awesome to jump around and stuff to.

I DEMAND A "I DON'T CARE" CHOICE ON THE POLL :mad:

ruroken
09-02-2005, 05:51 PM
This thread sucks.

offspring_freak_3
09-02-2005, 06:13 PM
This thread sucks.
i agree.this thread sucks.
i just want they keeping making songs. i don't care if is humoristic songs like pretty fly, if they keep making songs i'll like them.
what is the problem with songs like pretty fly and walla walla? :confused: i canīt see any problem. they are good songs like the other is just a little more........... can't think in a good word :rolleyes:
by the way, i didn't vote

ruroken
09-02-2005, 06:16 PM
I didn't either and I agree.
HOWEVER, I think that songs like "Genocide" and "Something to Believe In" are far better than Pretty Fly and all those. But yes, I like those songs too...so as long as the song is good, I don't care what it's about and such...

offspring_freak_3
09-02-2005, 06:26 PM
I didn't either and I agree.
HOWEVER, I think that songs like "Genocide" and "Something to Believe In" are far better than Pretty Fly and all those. But yes, I like those songs too...so as long as the song is good, I don't care what it's about and such...
i don't care too. of course have more songs better then 'the humorist songs' but songs like these can help you. i think you know what i want to say. songs like gone away, one fine day, walla walla and stuff. all these songs have a subject and i don't care what it is. if the songs is good i'll like it. i mean you already have an offspring song who helps you in a bad or good moment?

dexterisMYman
09-02-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm so sick of the humor. He needs to get more serious with his songwriting. Actually I was just having a conversation with someone about that.

Apathy
09-02-2005, 08:43 PM
I think the Offspring need to start making some more hardcore punk music instead of the "joke" songs I guess you could call them. I hate it when people don't think the Offspring are Punk Rock. As long as they have a nice hardcore single, I really don't care about the rest of the album being humorous.

They used to be, But Honestly they've turned into Pop/Punk. Just Like Goldfinger, Millencolin and loads of other bands.

Back In The S/T, Ignition, and Smash Days They were definately Punk. They started to ween a little in Ixnay, But They weren't Pop/Punk Yet. Since Americana though, Pop/Punk.

offspring_freak_3
09-02-2005, 08:49 PM
but still the albums have greats songs

ruroken
09-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Do you not understand what pop rock is, Apathy?
The Offspring are Pop Rock. ignition is pop rock. Almost every song by The Offspring is pop rock.

offspring_freak_3
09-02-2005, 09:09 PM
The Offspring are Pop Rock. ignition is pop rock. Almost every song by The Offspring is pop rock.
ya popular rock :D

ruroken
09-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Nice . :cool:

platinumpt
09-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Yeah, ignition is so... poppy, isn't it? *duh*

EDIT: G'night y'all folks (damn, this sounds so lame), I'm all fucked up I need some sleep. See you!

ruroken
09-02-2005, 09:18 PM
If that were sarcastic: Please, learn what pop is. How it sounds, and you will see that the rhythm is the same.
Oh, and the lyrics don't change a song's genre. Learn that.

Manic subsidal
09-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Dammit shut the fuck everyone. I should of saw this coming... a shitty pop vs. punk argument in my little poor thread.

Well at least we know now that more than half of the voters here are sick of the joke songs. So you know how it goes Dexter, stop writing joke songs or we'll make you eat carrots (get it? har har)

Seriously though, for all of you guys that are like "I don't care, I just want offspring to keep making music" ...well of course we all want that, but having good lyrics to a song can make the song itself so much better. Guess what? Dexter has that super power ability to write amazing lyrics, so why the hell isn't he using it as much as he did back in s/t?

I know a lot of you want joke songs because they make you giggle and tehehe but doesn't listening to the same joke lyrics over and over again get more repetitive than green day's music?

I'm only talking about Offspring's recent joke songs by the way. Like I've said before, their old joke material kicked ass. I bet my washing machine that there is going to be more songs like 'worst hangover ever' on the new album though..

ruroken
09-02-2005, 10:02 PM
No one's arguing, dumbshit.

Manic subsidal
09-02-2005, 10:37 PM
You are disagreeing with Apathy that the Offspring played punk music back then. That's an argument. Maybe not a huge one but a shitty little one like I said in my last post. You are saying all their songs are popular rock. Well I think Offspring's songs are alternative rock. We all argue over what the type of music offspring play. It's so stupid. Who cares? We like whatever type of music they play right? Isn't that good enough?

Ugh.. as I grow up, I find that I have less and less time to do all this lame internet shit. I have to stop wasting my time like this. On to the www.lemonadegame.com/ !!!!

*cries himself to sleep*

platinumpt
09-03-2005, 05:52 AM
If that were sarcastic: Please, learn what pop is. How it sounds, and you will see that the rhythm is the same.
Oh, and the lyrics don't change a song's genre. Learn that.
If you're being serious: I've nothing to say to you, you're a hopeless case.

SkyRocker
09-03-2005, 06:31 AM
I'm enjoying them because of the melodies and not the lyrics coz it's hard for me to understand directly what dexter's singing.
Whatever they could say, i'll enjoy but they are not worthless and nice to read.

Aimeht
09-03-2005, 06:32 AM
I could never enjoy a band only because of the melodies. The lyrics is very important.

SkyRocker
09-03-2005, 06:36 AM
My little french brain cannot understand english fast speaking...
So I jump and I'm happy of that.
But as I said, i read the lyrics and understand them after more listenings and appreciate them much.

Aimeht
09-03-2005, 06:38 AM
Sometimes you don't understand, but then, I read the lyrics. :)

SkyRocker
09-03-2005, 06:45 AM
OK, I'm a bit lazy but sometimes lyrics are so shitty. That's why I'm listening to almost only foreign bands

IdleOffspring
09-03-2005, 08:50 AM
pfff I don't know why everybody is complaining, Just wait and see what the album will be, Humoristic says nothing about how the songs will be and can be great songs, It can be about anything and I am sure there will be serieus songs also.

I am sure I will love the album, I love ALL there albums and songs. Just wait for the freaking album, before complaining.

I Hate negative people! Are there still fans around like me, who just love them all the way, have nothing bad to say about any songs or whatever? Do they still exists?

The Offspring is the best!!!

Nirushika6789
09-03-2005, 09:12 AM
I Hate negative people! Are there still fans around like me, who just love them all the way, have nothing bad to say about any songs or whatever? Do they still exists?
!!!
yup u got one right here :D

defy me
09-03-2005, 09:59 AM
and me, i havent said anything bad about them.

ruroken
09-03-2005, 01:40 PM
You are disagreeing with Apathy that the Offspring played punk music back then. That's an argument. Maybe not a huge one but a shitty little one like I said in my last post. You are saying all their songs are popular rock. Well I think Offspring's songs are alternative rock. We all argue over what the type of music offspring play. It's so stupid. Who cares? We like whatever type of music they play right? Isn't that good enough?

That's a disagreement. There's a differance between disagreeing and agruing, dumbass.

Mentally_Challenged
09-03-2005, 01:45 PM
I Hate negative people!

Wait....

You hate negative people

Hate = Negativity

Therefore

You = Negative?

;)

Nirushika6789
09-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Wait....

You hate negative people

Hate = Negativity

Therefore

You = Negative?

;)
good one...i never would have thought of that:D

Amiralanal
09-03-2005, 02:20 PM

what do you mean? whats the point of listening to them if they make crap?
dont you think the music got to be good to?

China Boy
09-03-2005, 02:59 PM
I second every single word of Manic Subsidal. Enough joke songs already. You forgot to mention "What Happened To You" and "Mota" those are fucking great humorous songs!

I actually find mota quite sad and serious.

platinumpt
09-03-2005, 05:31 PM
I actually find mota quite sad and serious.
Yeah, but the rythem is really fast and furious! And the video is actually funny... well... at least it made me laugh! But yeah, everyone should take a lesson out of it, it is indeed serious in that way!

Manic subsidal
09-03-2005, 07:19 PM
That's a disagreement. There's a differance between disagreeing and agruing, dumbass.

Ok I really don't care anymore. I have no idea why I'm arguing with you, some person I don't even know that has a little too much free time, about the words disagreeing and arguing. So forget it, I'm so sorry for using the word "arguing" in my previous posts. I am such a sinner.

Back on topic - hmm, I think the song mota definitely has a serious topic, but it's kind of put into a funnier way. Same with What happened to you.

Did someone earlier in this thread say Come out and play was a joke song? Ha I remember Dexter didn't allow Wierd Al's parody because come out and play was too much of a serious topic.

Thucydides
09-03-2005, 07:38 PM
No, I don't like 'humoristic' songs - self-titled is the best album in my opinion and although Beheaded is an awesome song, and one of the few 'funny' ones that I like, the rest of the album is better than their other stuff.

...that quite possibly doesn't make any sense at all.

CSX
09-04-2005, 04:29 AM
I usually enjoy the joke songs at first but they grow tiring quickly. I end up wiping from from the playlist.

If they really want joke songs, maybe they could do a double album, with 1 really good disk and 1 shitty joke disk.

Amazed
09-04-2005, 09:56 AM
pfff I don't know why everybody is complaining, Just wait and see what the album will be, Humoristic says nothing about how the songs will be and can be great songs, It can be about anything and I am sure there will be serieus songs also.

I am sure I will love the album, I love ALL there albums and songs. Just wait for the freaking album, before complaining.

The Offspring is the best!!!

*jumps up and down* I exist! Your post rocks :)