PDA

View Full Version : why Ron left the band?

acgc2002
11-20-2004, 05:13 PM
I wonder why he left the band... did they quarrel , did he have some projects for a solo band... or he was fed up of the offspring...
what happened?

Kitten
11-20-2004, 06:51 PM
I wonder why he left the band... did they quarrel , did he have some projects for a solo band... or he was fed up of the offspring...
what happened?

Ask Ron Welty. There, that should be ten fucking characters.
I hear he hits the Steady Ground message board every so often.

Inferno
11-21-2004, 12:40 AM
The cowbell break in the Offspring hit "Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)" may never sound the same again. As the band was busy working on the follow-up to their last album, 2000’s Conspiracy Of One, they were dealt a blow as drummer Ron Welty announced that he was leaving their fold. Welty, who has been pounding the skins for the Offspring since 1987, recently left the group under amicable terms as he had shown an avid interest in pursuing his new project, Steady Ground, full time. Replacing him will be long time friend Josh Freese of Vandals and A Perfect Circle fame. It’s not known whether Freese will remain as a permanent member of the Offspring, or he has just been enlisted to help provide the drum tracks for their studio work.

The Californian punk band have been together since the mid ‘80s, releasing a couple of records before they ended up breaking it big with their 1994 album Smash. Their song "Self Esteem" brought their sound to the mainstream, and it eventually became a Frosh rock staple that just won’t die. With over 30 million albums sold world wide, the Offspring have shown themselves to be consistent hit makers, with songs like "She’s Got Issues," "Why Don’t You Get A Job" and "Original Prankster" simultaneously annoying and proving their naysayers wrong.

With Freese behind the drum kit, The Offspring have every intention of continuing to be the band they’ve always been. Their new album will be produced by Brendan O’Brien (Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen) who was also been behind the boards for their previous effort. As an amusing side note, the band has tentatively decided that the name of their new CD will be "Chinese Democracy (You Snooze You Lose)," in reference to the supposed title of the long rumoured forthcoming Guns N’ Roses album. With a typical absence of humour, and delusions that he will ever actually use the title himself, Axl Rose has reportedly filed a cease and desist order on the band if they go through with their plans.
there you have it.

No Brakes Boy
11-21-2004, 10:37 AM
there you have it.

Do you believe in everything you see/read in the media?

acgc2002
11-21-2004, 11:25 AM
I don´t believe in everything the media publishes... that is why i m asking...
also about Noodles

I read somewhere he has this alias because he used to at a lot of cup noodles...

I also read in other page that his alias comes from a movie...

I also don´t know how he got that nick.

:D

guess i am in the correct place to ask such things...

Kitten
11-21-2004, 11:29 AM
I don´t believe in everything the media publishes... that is why i m asking...
also about Noodles

I read somewhere he has this alias because he used to at a lot of cup noodles...

I also read in other page that his alias comes from a movie...

I also don´t know how he got that nick.

guess i am in the correct place to ask such things...

As for the nickname Noodles, I guess it depends what day you ask him, because he also says that when was a baby he was a character called baby Noodles and the name stuck. He changes it everytime.

acgc2002
11-21-2004, 11:32 AM
As for the nickname Noodles, I guess it depends what day you ask him, because he also says that when was a baby he was a character called baby Noodles and the name stuck. He changes it everytime.

hmmm...how interesting...

and about Ron Welty... how the hell can I ask that thing ( that has 10 characters)? No clue where!!!

Jake
11-21-2004, 12:46 PM
noodles got his nickname because he would always annoyingly noodle away at his guitar.

leo3375
11-21-2004, 05:42 PM
According to Ron, he was faced with staying with the Offspring or working with Steady Ground more. He chose to leave the Offspring under his own free will. Dexter has said that in recent years he and Ron grew apart and didn't get along very well, and Greg backed up Dexter's claims. So contrary to the rumors you'll hear about Ron being fired, or forced out, or Dexter being a control freak, it was a conscious decision on Ron's part.

Zee
11-22-2004, 06:19 AM
They grew apart, that's the real reason. Rest of the band thought it was time for changes. They had different views where the band was going to. I have a good interview with Greg of this issue, but not going to bother to translate it.

lousyskater
11-22-2004, 06:21 AM
has anyone here heard anything by steady ground? if so, are they any good?

Zee
11-22-2004, 06:24 AM
Yeah, a 2 second clip. That's all they've released. There has been member changes and whatever in Steady Ground too. Lord knows if the whole band exists aymore.

Kitten
11-22-2004, 06:11 PM
Yeah, a 2 second clip. That's all they've released. There has been member changes and whatever in Steady Ground too. Lord knows if the whole band exists aymore.

If thats the case then the name Steady Ground is a pretty big irony.

Kitten
11-22-2004, 06:17 PM
They grew apart, that's the real reason. Rest of the band thought it was time for changes. They had different views where the band was going to. I have a good interview with Greg of this issue, but not going to bother to translate it.

Yeah, I have read that interview, I think I found it translated somewhere, but the problem with that info is that it's too pretty and polished.
Ask the people, don't believe what you read in the media.
As for steady ground, sounds like it's just another Spinning Fish. Only this time, he left The Offspring for it.

BaneOfEvil3
11-22-2004, 08:28 PM

"I'm a little teacup, short and stout, here is my handle here is my spout..."

vintagepunkrock7
11-22-2004, 11:16 PM
well no i guess no1 really needs to know why noodles is called noodles, its just kind of a weird nickname and i know im curious as to the reason for it. but i am always curious about anyones nicknames, i guess im just a dork that way. :D

Kitten
11-23-2004, 04:39 AM
I still dont understand why people actually care about this stuff...

They're just people, like you (I hope), and me.

But you're not asking how I got the name 'BaneOfEvil3' or anything...

Just because they make cool music means you need to know about their personal lives?

Well, this thread isn't really a good example of how nosy people can be...But still... Do you really need to know why Noodles has the nickname Noodles?

And just how did you get your nickname? I wonder how Noodles got his.. hmmm....

There is or was a thread in the genral chat section asking what peoples names on this board meant, so it not that he is in The Offspring, just that yes, we as a board are pretty fucking nosy about other people on the boards.

BaneOfEvil3
11-23-2004, 05:46 AM
Well, I haven't SEEN a topic 'bout that....I think I'm gonna edit my post, because I might start a forum fight....Which I don't want...

RageAndLov
10-28-2006, 10:32 AM
i've heard it was because ron wanted to write lyrics with the whole band, while dexter would do it alone
in ron's new band he writes lyrics together with all the other band members..

German Andres
10-28-2006, 11:19 AM
i've heard it was because ron wanted to write lyrics with the whole band, while dexter would do it alone
in ron's new band he writes lyrics together with all the other band members..

Yes, I have also heard that stuff...