PDA

View Full Version : to ozymandias

Endymion
09-02-2005, 09:26 PM
i love you. i love you with all my heart.

today i picked up the first season of da ali g show.

the bruno stuff is kinda weak, but the borat stuff is beyond hilarious.
ali g's conversation with the various religeous officials was pure fucking class.

i love you.

Not Ozymandias
09-02-2005, 09:36 PM
*runs away blushing & stuttering*

Endymion
09-02-2005, 09:43 PM
when ali starts to laugh at james lipton for crying at movies... then asks him if he ever interviewed shakespeare.

Little_Miss_1565
09-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Did you see the one where Borat goes to a wine tasting? Or when Borat tries speed dating?

Sin Studly
09-02-2005, 11:46 PM
If you cheat on me, I will crush you.

Endymion
09-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Did you see the one where Borat goes to a wine tasting? Or when Borat tries speed dating?
the second, but not the first.

Sin Studly
09-02-2005, 11:56 PM
I think I preferred the English version of the show. With that interview with "the biggest gangsta in tha house of commons".

wheelchairman
09-03-2005, 01:49 AM
The wine tasting one was fucking brilliant.

Tijs
09-03-2005, 04:30 AM
Haha yeah with the picture of his sister jerking him. "We make joke!" And the black dude being a slave... But that's seasons two isn't it?

RXP
09-03-2005, 01:01 PM
The one where he goes to the baseball game is the best. The film is shitty.

Not Ozymandias
09-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Nobody mentioned the best thing: the music that plays during Borat's segments is a different version of the Tetris theme music. TETRIS!

Endymion
09-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Nobody mentioned the best thing: the music that plays during Borat's segments is a different version of the Tetris theme music. TETRIS!
i was watching it with some friends saturday and the fucking *instant* borat came on one of them shouted "TETRIS!"

Not Ozymandias
09-13-2005, 10:30 PM
2nd season came out today. Borat goes to a country music bar and gets everyone to sing and clap along to an anti-semitic song he's singing. I almost came. The second disc has Ali interviewing Noam Chomsky and the thought of that is making my nipples hard.

Endymion
09-13-2005, 10:32 PM
i don't think i'll have a chance to get it until this weekend... i am saddened.

Vera
09-14-2005, 12:16 AM
I think I preferred the English version of the show. With that interview with "the biggest gangsta in tha house of commons".
Yeah, the English was better.

The thing that was wrong with the American version is that Yanks are so fucking humourless when it comes to a gay Austrian model coming to talk to you about gay rights. Or a gangsta coming to talk to an FBI man, asking if they could rob a bank together.

The Brits went right along that shit, they get that it's a joke and if I remember correctly, the police man in the British version was so close to actually telling Ali & his viewers what drug he considers the best to start out with.

Also, the "discussion" bits of the British version were excellent. I remember a certain one with vegetarianism vs meat diet where Ali semi-accidentally (or fully accidentally) totally drove the vegetarist argument into a corner with some argument. Then the vegetarist was like "Wow, that's actually a clever point." and Ali was all smug about it. Loved that episode.

Also loved the episode where Ali presents an artist in this way,

"Parents, has your kid started to seem depressed, down? Do they often lock themselves in their rooms for long periods of time? Do they have hobbies with their friends you have no idea about?"

(All these signs one relates to drug abuse.)

"Well, it may just be that your kid has started listening to indie muzak."

Then Pulp's Jarvis Cocker comes out & sings "Help the Aged", with Ali rapping over it, "Yo, yo, help tha mothafuckin' aged!". Class.

Borat is great, aiii.

You should all read "Da Gospel According to Ali G". It's the most heducative book y'all will ever read.

Endymion
09-14-2005, 12:43 AM
i find it rather humorous that the average american is stupid enough to fall for all of it. the same reason watching jay leno's jay-walkings is funny... sure, it's somewhat depressing that my fellow americans, on average, can be bested by a glass of water, but mtv could have told me that without any of the humor attached.

Vera
09-14-2005, 06:25 AM
I don't know, I was just worried someone would do something you could find on Candid Camera X-Rated, people getting really upset, threatening to beat him up, have him arrested, anything stupid like that.

In Britain people would recognize him AND the general gag in the whole thing and even if they didn't love his style, they went along with it - they were usually weirded out but not in a hostile, aggressive way Americans can be.

Refresh my memory: Does Borat kiss all men on the cheek in the American version?

Endymion
09-14-2005, 08:37 AM
he tries to, most allow it.

i read somewhere that the brits hate dom joly--any truth to that? i find him hilarious.

Vera
09-14-2005, 09:45 AM
Dom Joly who?

Endymion
09-14-2005, 10:19 AM
dom joly of trigger happy tv?

wheelchairman
09-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Well yeah, I'm not really surprised Americans don't recognize British comedians pretending to be Eastern European journalists. And I'm even less surprised that the British are able to recognize popular British comedians.

Vera
09-15-2005, 07:06 AM
Did you just call me British?

You better watch it.

TheUnholyNightbringer
09-15-2005, 10:28 AM
he tries to, most allow it.

i read somewhere that the brits hate dom joly--any truth to that? i find him hilarious.

Everyone I've spoken to considers him hilarious, me included.

notoriousdoc
09-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Am I the only one who saw an Ozymandias related thread and suddenly thought about Tubgirl?

Endymion
09-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Am I the only one who saw an Ozymandias related thread and suddenly thought about Tubgirl?
yes, you are.

Vera
09-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Dush would do Ali G.