PDA

View Full Version : Pixies

pretty fly 88
09-05-2005, 07:59 PM
I just bought their greatest hits CD. They have some really good songs. It's a real shame that there's only one radio station in my area that plays them, and they don't play them that much. They're kind of wierd, but I think they're really good. My favorite songs are "Holiday Song" "Gigantic" "Monkey Gone To Heaven" and "Here Comes Your Man." What do you think of the Pixies?

nieh
09-06-2005, 06:45 AM
I have all their albums except for Bossanova. They're a good band but I don't like them nearly as much as I used to for some reason.

Eddie
09-06-2005, 07:34 AM
They are pretty good.

G0tta_get_away
09-06-2005, 08:09 AM
Pixies are amazing :)

My fave songs are Debaser,Monkey gone to heaven and Tame :cool:

Flexing Wings
09-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Pixies are fucking awesome, best songs:

Is She Weird? (At the BBC version)
Caribou (Come On Pilgrim version)
Hey (Doolittle version)

Damn, Tame is a damn good song, and so is Winterlong... man there are too many really...

Betty
09-06-2005, 08:33 PM
I even got to see them play this summer, and they very much impressed me.

Favourite songs:
-Hey
-Here Comes Your Man
-Gauge Away

Manic subsidal
12-30-2005, 03:47 PM
A very unique and weird band. I love the awesome photography in their cd case booklets.

I just bought surfer rosa today, it kicks so much ass. It seems like most people like doolittle the most but my favorite so far is definitely surfer rosa because it has some really good fast songs. What the hell is up with track 11 though? I think it's called vamos. "YOU FUCKING DIE" haha.

So besides surfer rosa and doolittle, what are some other good pixies albums? Man I can't believe how long it took me to find out about this cool band :/

Jakebert
12-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Tompe Le Monde is their other great album, it's kind of a mix of Surfer Rosa and Doolittle. Bossanova is kinda weak, but still ok.

SuperKnux
01-02-2006, 01:11 AM
"Surfer Rosa" and "Doolittle" are two of the greatest albums I've ever had the pleasure of listening too, and owning.

I fucking love the Pixies. So many great songs, fuck, that band rules so much.