PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Rivers Cuomo?

offspringis the best band
09-05-2005, 10:57 PM
I mean, seriously. He sings about sweaters and stumpfucking. He's obsessed with asian women. He locked himself in a closet for days. He grows an ugly beard. He went in a Brian Wilson-like fit of anger and burned most of his master tapes. He refused to let the band gain any more money than he did. And he wrote "Keep Fishin". WHY WHY WHY?

barangatang
09-05-2005, 11:11 PM
The reason why celebritys do fucked things like this, is because they don't have anyone around them that will tell them that what they are doing is bad/stupid, everyone just agrees with them.

Not Ozymandias
09-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Short answer: he's fucking clownshoes

nameless
09-06-2005, 06:16 PM
he writes good songs though!

Not Ozymandias
09-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Not for a decade...

Endymion
09-07-2005, 11:45 PM
i remember watching the buddy holly video time and again on the windows 95 extras cd. that cd also included a fun game by the name of 'hover' i believe.

coke_a_holic
09-08-2005, 01:18 PM
i remember watching the buddy holly video time and again on the windows 95 extras cd. that cd also included a fun game by the name of 'hover' i believe.
I tried to download it over morpheus or something when I wa young and didn't understand the workings of the internets. I got about 15% done with the video download before deciding not to get music videos over the internet. I settled for an mp3.

bd007h
09-08-2005, 06:58 PM
I mean, seriously. He sings about sweaters and stumpfucking. He's obsessed with asian women. He locked himself in a closet for days. He grows an ugly beard. He went in a Brian Wilson-like fit of anger and burned most of his master tapes. He refused to let the band gain any more money than he did. And he wrote "Keep Fishin". WHY WHY WHY?

what is the deal with you making rediculously stupid threads?

That_Guy91
09-08-2005, 07:00 PM
what is the deal with you making rediculously stupid threads?
yeah i dont think anyone here gave a legitimate answer.
translation-nobody cares.

nieh
09-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Not for a decade...

True. The last album wasn't awful which is a step up from the one before, but it wasn't good either. At all.

I used to do the same thing. I miss the days when Weezer weren't worthless.

Whitey_22
09-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Hey! I happen to like "Keep Fishin'". Personally, I think the Green Album is the best Weezer one...I don't see the fascination with the Blue one that much. It's OK, but not as good as the Green for me. :cool:

D. Town Scott
09-09-2005, 01:21 PM
I love Rivers Cuomo. His songwriting is so awesome in Blue Album and Pinkerton. Those are my 2 favorite records by them. Green Album had a few good songs like 'Island in the Sun' and 'Hash Pipe.' Maladroit was pretty damn good (not as good as the first 2, of course). The new one, Make Believe, is alright. I'd give it a good 7/10. I'm a fan of Rivers. Long live the Cuomo.