PDA

View Full Version : splinter

bouncingcoles
09-06-2005, 04:21 PM
im one of the biggest offspring fans ever. but i must say if splinter was created by a different band, id completely would not like it at all. but luckly im a very loyal fan so since its offspring i like it. i still love offsprings newer material of course i absoulutly love conspiracy of one but if they create another album like splinter im going to really lose faith in them. sure splinter has its share of good songs of course cant get my head around you, the noose, long way home. unfortunatly songs like lightning rod and never gonna find me are alright punk songs but nothing special at all. and songs like spare me the details, hit that, and worst hang over ever are shameful. im not gonna lie. if you listen to those songs and then listen to smash or ixnay there is a huge difference. sure, i like bands changing over time. but not that way. anyway, sorry everyone for my bitching. but IM JUST A CONCERNED OFFSPRING FAN AND I WANT TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE FEELS THE SAME WAY

Manic subsidal
09-06-2005, 04:35 PM
but IM JUST A CONCERNED OFFSPRING FAN AND I WANT TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE FEELS THE SAME WAY

If you're trying to say you're feeling horny, then yeah baby, I'm feeling the same way ;)

~*hit_that*~
09-06-2005, 04:38 PM
If you're trying to say you're feeling horny, then yeah baby, I'm feeling the same way ;)

hahahahaha :p

Manic subsidal
09-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Ok I'll make a real post I guess..

Yeah, Offspring do write some stupid joke songs now but I don't know what you're saying about never gonna find me and lightning rod. Those are great songs. It's the songs like worst hangover ever that piss me off. I don't think the songs absolutely suck but come on, it's the offspring, they can do A LOT better than that.

If their new album is like splinter, I'm not going to loose "faith" in them like you are though. No matter what they do, it kicks ass... it's just that... the punk rock songs with good lyrics kick more ass =P

~*hit_that*~
09-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Ok I'll make a real post I guess..

Yeah, Offspring do write some stupid joke songs now but I don't know what you're saying about never gonna find me and lightning rod. Those are great songs. It's the songs like worst hangover ever that piss me off. I don't think the songs absolutely suck but come on, it's the offspring, they can do A LOT better than that.

I like worst hangover ever, it's funny :p It reminds me of my best friend!

rodney mullen
09-06-2005, 04:42 PM
im one of the biggest offspring fans ever. but i must say if splinter was created by a different band, id completely would not like it at all. but luckly im a very loyal fan so since its offspring i like it. i still love offsprings newer material of course i absoulutly love conspiracy of one but if they create another album like splinter im going to really lose faith in them. sure splinter has its share of good songs of course cant get my head around you, the noose, long way home. unfortunatly songs like lightning rod and never gonna find me are alright punk songs but nothing special at all. and songs like spare me the details, hit that, and worst hang over ever are shameful. im not gonna lie. if you listen to those songs and then listen to smash or ixnay there is a huge difference. sure, i like bands changing over time. but not that way. anyway, sorry everyone for my bitching. but IM JUST A CONCERNED OFFSPRING FAN AND I WANT TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE FEELS THE SAME WAY
i guees i agree.

Manic subsidal
09-06-2005, 04:46 PM
I like worst hangover ever, it's funny :p It reminds me of my best friend!

To me that song got repetitive quickly. It's funny the first time I thought, but after that, It's the "worst offspring song ever". Haha I'm kidding, I like all their songs. I just wished they did another ska song like what happened to you and don't pick it up instead of worst hangover ever.

~*hit_that*~
09-06-2005, 04:51 PM
To me that song got repetitive quickly. It's funny the first time I thought, but after that, It's the "worst offspring song ever". Haha I'm kidding, I like all their songs. I just wished they did another ska song like what happened to you and don't pick it up instead of worst hangover ever.

Fair enough then ;)

HeadAroundU
09-06-2005, 05:34 PM
people seriously STOP CRYING!
STOP BITCHING!
Bouncingwhatever you should be happy that we have The Ofspring!

wtf is wrong with lightning rod and Never gonna find me?????

Conspiracy of One
09-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Shut up, Mutant-Face

nameless
09-06-2005, 05:50 PM

if you dont like it thats fair enough, no ones gonna question your loyalty as a fan!

IdiotOfTheDay
09-06-2005, 06:10 PM
but luckly im a very loyal fan so since its offspring i like it.
I hate when people say stuff like this. The band needs to know what people like; if there are people praising them every step of the way, that's not going to help them. If you don't like it, you don't like it. That doesn't mean you despise the bad with every fiber of your earthly being, it just means you don't like some songs/albums as much as you like others.

brothadave79
09-06-2005, 06:15 PM
I hate when people say stuff like this. The band needs to know what people like; if there are people praising them every step of the way, that's not going to help them. If you don't like it, you don't like it. That doesn't mean you despise the bad with every fiber of your earthly being, it just means you don't like some songs/albums as much as you like others.

And, just the same, it's perfectly fine if you like every song.

IdiotOfTheDay
09-06-2005, 06:38 PM
And, just the same, it's perfectly fine if you like every song.
Right, but they said they would have disliked Splinter if it was any other band. In a way, that's pretty judgemental--you can't like something just because it's a certain band. Offspring are my favorite band, but there are a few songs I skip, and albums I listen to less than others. Splinter saved my life for a few weeks when I lost all my other good CDs at the airport and only had Splinter left, but that doesn't mean it's my favorite Offspring album.

Pilau
09-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Worst Hangover Ever sucks and was just a plain mistake to ever have been released, even as a B-side it woulda blowed. But Lightining Rod is one of the strongest balls out tunes they have written in years.