PDA

View Full Version : Ron Welty VS Atom Willard... who is the best drummer? who do yoy prefer?

pOpe
11-21-2004, 11:59 AM
Well, this is a qestion that i think it's too difficult to answer on my own.... On the one hand Ron has played 15 years with offspring, on the other hand atom is a excellent drummer.... what do you think?
________
CHRYSLER IMPERIAL (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Imperial)

Venezuelan_Nightmare
11-21-2004, 01:18 PM
The choise? really hard...
Well, Ron Welty was played with Offspring 15 years and all that years he`s played really hard and profesional and It`s really dificcult to forget it.
And Atom Have just a couple of months with offspring but he`s energy is really awesome someone can play like this?? i don`t think so.
Conclusion: Atom (the best) Ron (Master).

Ezz
11-21-2004, 07:54 PM
I agree with Venezuelan Nightmare, Atom has a good energy about him so I choose Atom :)

lousyskater
11-21-2004, 08:11 PM
no contest, Atom.
________
Buy a new condo in Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Stevo
11-21-2004, 08:18 PM
you guys are kidding....

RON all the way baby...

i wonder how it feels for atom to be part of this great superband only to be playing someone else's drumming ?

go RON baby.

find me a teenager that was drumming like RON was on IGNITION ....

ron welty & travis barker, in a league of their own.

lousyskater
11-21-2004, 09:27 PM
the best drummer of all is Josh Freese though. he owns Atom.
________
Candy247 (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Candy247/)

VerySarcasticGirl
11-22-2004, 01:28 AM
i prefer atom

lousyskater
11-22-2004, 01:44 AM
find me a teenager that was drumming like RON was on IGNITION ....

Josh Freese of the Vandals. he owns both Ron and Travis.
________
Water Bongs (http://glassbongs.org/)

Venezuelan_Nightmare
11-22-2004, 07:18 AM
Ron was the best but Atom have more energy than Ron and his feelings when go to a concert is very high you can feel Atom when he`s play well to next time da da

lousyskater
11-22-2004, 07:27 AM
after ignition i noticed that Ron kinda started using the same old drum rythms for almost every song. it may have been slowed down or sped up, but it sounded exactly the same. Atom changes it up a lot.
________
Emili_ (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Emili_/)

StayInTheHouseCarl
11-22-2004, 07:45 AM
amen. but between the two, atom all the way.

MirandaV
11-22-2004, 08:58 AM
I prefer Ron, but basically you can't really ask this.

alfa
11-22-2004, 04:24 PM
I think atom's really energic, that makes the songs lively

saska de o...
11-23-2004, 09:22 AM
yeah :D:D who is better ;P i think that Ron, he was with Offspring 15 years! well, i dont know Ron, i dont now Atom, but i know that he is veeeeeeery cool drummer too :D:D i love Offspring, so i love Atom too... i play drums too, so, maybe i love all drums and percussion instruments...
people.. i love Offspring, I love Ron, i love Atom, DEXTER TOO!! and Noodles, Higgins, Greg

pOpe
11-23-2004, 02:12 PM
jajajajajajajajajaja, you're crazy man... well, Offspring is my favourite band too, but I want to know other groups, please, can someone tell me another groups like offspring?

pd: ron and atom are excellents drummers.... they're the best

yeah :D:D who is better ;P i think that Ron, he was with Offspring 15 years! well, i dont know Ron, i dont now Atom, but i know that he is veeeeeeery cool drummer too :D:D i love Offspring, so i love Atom too... i play drums too, so, maybe i love all drums and percussion instruments...
people.. i love Offspring, I love Ron, i love Atom, DEXTER TOO!! and Noodles, Higgins, Greg
________
Rhode Island Dispensaries (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)

nameless
11-23-2004, 03:17 PM
after ignition i noticed that Ron kinda started using the same old drum rythms for almost every song. it may have been slowed down or sped up, but it sounded exactly the same. Atom changes it up a lot.

i noticed that to! ive heard quite often on this board that ron didnt like the drumming on the first two albums though!

greencows12
11-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Higgins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Venezuelan_Nightmare
11-23-2004, 03:55 PM
i agree with u

Oversimplified
11-24-2004, 05:12 AM
I'm not a huge fan of punk drumming generally, so my argument isn't really based around technique. But I think there's something missing from the band now that Ron's gone. He was there from the beginning, he helped take the band to where they are today, and I don't think the band are quite the same without him. I can't ever see myself think of Atom as anything but 'the new guy'.

BuddyHolly
11-24-2004, 06:06 AM
i'd prefer Ron with the skills and the energy of Atom :)

pOpe
11-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Yeah... that's why is so difficult to answer that question... Offspring started with Dexter, Greg, Noedles and Ron too, and Ron helped take the band to where they are today.... On the other hand Atom is an excellent drummer and he has more energy than Ron... I can't answer to my question :D , this is the reason that I need help

I'm not a huge fan of punk drumming generally, so my argument isn't really based around technique. But I think there's something missing from the band now that Ron's gone. He was there from the beginning, he helped take the band to where they are today, and I don't think the band are quite the same without him. I can't ever see myself think of Atom as anything but 'the new guy'.
________
Saratoga (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Saratoga)

nameless
11-24-2004, 06:19 PM
Atom changes it up a lot.

do you mean he changes it live, remember he hasnt done any recording with them yet!

saska de o...
11-26-2004, 01:41 PM
well, i love all drummers :D:D i'm drummer too, so...
no no, Ron is Ron, Atom is Atom, we should't tell who is better, he and he have sth own... :)

IM_A_GUTTERMOUTH
07-18-2005, 12:40 PM
how can you say that after ignition the drumming got very samey...you obviously havent listened to the offsprings best album IXNAY in which the drumming is fuck'n superb...and that the drums on splinter are infact mostly the same beat played over and hell knows why when josh freese is one of the best drummers in the world and could have been used in a more influential way

blackballs
07-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Without any bias Atom is a far better drummer that Ron but of course everyone likes Ron well because he's the original. It's like New Coke and Classic Coke, I personally enjoyed New Coke better but most people prefer the taste of classic just because it was there first.

Camilamazed
07-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Well....I've seen them both live and I can say they both rock.It's something that I really cannot answer.

dirty pair
07-19-2005, 01:33 AM
thats right

Izie
07-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Fits better in General Offspring Discussion ;)

crazy_dude387
07-23-2005, 08:32 AM
holy shit, atom definatly wins
have you heard him do long way home? fucking amazing\granted he's no tommy lee but damn good for a punk band

Metal_Luigi
07-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Obviously Atom is an awesome drummer, but for some reason, I would have prefered Ron to stay...

FFX-ME
07-23-2005, 09:27 AM
in the old days i would have said ron but man he ditched the band, i hate him so atom all the way

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
07-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Atom, duh! he rocks.

Autonomist
07-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Ron's best work was on Ignition, if he'd been drumming like that throughout his whole career then I would've probably said him. Atom hasn't recorded anything with the band yet I know, but I've heard the shit he did with Rocket From The Crypt and he's fucking amazing! Not to mention seeing him live in concert, and just look at the Can't Repeat videos - he looks so natural doing it!

Atom's better.

dain84
07-23-2005, 01:31 PM
Josh Freese of the Vandals. he owns both Ron and Travis.
Josh Freese played on Splinter too.

imissron
07-23-2005, 02:05 PM
Ron is better than Atom, Ron is better than everybody. Ron is the best drummer in the world

Amazed
07-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Without any bias Atom is a far better drummer that Ron but of course everyone likes Ron well because he's the original. It's like New Coke and Classic Coke, I personally enjoyed New Coke better but most people prefer the taste of classic just because it was there first.

I agree :D

dain84
07-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Ron is better than Atom, Ron is better than everybody. Ron is the best drummer in the world
don't be a blind fanboy. Atom and Josh Freese are both better. Ron was great on ignition, but his later stuff is boring. Did you see atom doing the long way home on the dvd? That is energy!

Pilau
07-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Yeah But Nothing Ron Couldn't Play. Ron Would Shit All Over Those Beats.

HeadAroundU
07-23-2005, 06:22 PM
don't be a blind fanboy. Atom and Josh Freese are both better. Ron was great on ignition, but his later stuff is boring. Did you see atom doing the long way home on the dvd? That is energy!
fuck the energy! :cool:
Josh made drums the same way as Ron did!!
& it will be the same with Atom!
IMO,its because of they are maistream band and because of producers....& maybe Dexter!

Ron's drums <3

Killboy
07-23-2005, 06:36 PM
Well, I really like Atom much more than Ron...

If you could see, Ron seemed kinda bored from the beginning, he just did play to get seen but he didn't put the energy that Atom can put, I mean, Atom looks very happy playing in The Offspring; just look at the Can't Repeat video, Atom is always smiling, whereas you never could see Ron doing this... Atom really enjoys to play. That's why HE FUCK'N ROCKS!!!!

ATOM FOREVER!!!! OFFSPRING FOREVER!!!

Pilau
07-24-2005, 07:15 AM
Ron looked cool and stayed silent. He was so solid.

Atom just likes to ham it up on stage.

They both had great energy and played the beats.

And of course Atom is seen smiling! You would too if you were invited into one of the worlds biggest bands knowing you'll be set for life and probably be a millionaire in a year or two?

NEOCON99
07-25-2005, 11:46 PM
Atom, when he started to play gotta get away from me on the warped tour, damn it sounded so damm good! :cool:

punk_riOt
07-26-2005, 02:07 AM
atom i like better.

thecavedog
07-26-2005, 05:15 AM
Anyone know what Ron's doing now? I know he went to do his own thing, that's not what I want to know. Where can we hear him / see him???

Change the world
07-26-2005, 02:24 PM
RON WELTY!!! all the way!

offspring kid
07-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Atom..................

Conspiracy of One
07-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Atom wins..........