PDA

View Full Version : How often do you hear The Offspring on the radio?

Floyd the Barber
11-21-2004, 01:18 PM
For me it'd be almost never. I live in the Boston area, and the three or four big rock stations around here give them almost no airtime.

I did hear Gone Away a few days ago, though. That was nice.

What's it like for you guys?

Tired_Of_You
11-21-2004, 01:23 PM
I hear them often, for the few times I listen to the radio. Before we used to have in Quebec a rock radio and they always played a looot of Offspring, mostly the song Come Out And Play, I probably heard it a hundred times.

Revolver-2005?
11-21-2004, 01:23 PM
I live in PA, never ever heard thm once on the radio

Ele
11-21-2004, 01:24 PM
here they never put offspring's song!!! I send sms almost every day to say them to put offspring's video or song, but they put jamelia!!! jamelia??? hers are not songs!! :mad: :mad:

acgc2002
11-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Here it is also a bit seldom, very rare... but Radio Cidade is the only radio in Rio de Janeiro that plays sometimes cool songs. It is called Cidade Rock, but lately it plays more pop than rock really.
I heard offspring last wednesday though... it is a wonder!!!
Better to buy a CD and listen at home...

Ele
11-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Better to buy a CD and listen at home...

You're right!!

smileemptysoul44
11-21-2004, 02:06 PM
about 2 to 3 times a day. Always stuff from smash

shitwalker
11-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Lucky thing! The radio in our town is sucks! It never turns Offspring on!Only pop-shit!

Inuyasha
11-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Here the radio sucks! they only play pop-music and that kind of stuff
i never listen the offspring on radio maybe one or two songs and its once in a year

Ezz
11-21-2004, 06:48 PM
They hardly ever play it here, sometimes I hear 'Come Out and Play' or 'Self Esteem', but not very often. I didn't hear any for ages and then the other day they played 3 offspring songs in a row!

Dexterina
11-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Here in Adelaide, on Triple M they play Spare Me The Details at least twice a day. They're completely wrecking the song!

Tired_Of_You
11-21-2004, 08:03 PM
That's weird, I've still never heard Spare Me The Details on the radio... I wonder if they'll do a video for that song... or if they will do another one. I think 2 videos is not a lot for Offspring. ( all the other albums had 3 or 4)

ThrashedThrasher
11-21-2004, 08:38 PM
Very very very rarely.

The one time I heard the most songs though was the weekend before Splinter was released, 107.7 The End played all Offspring songs for the whole weekend as a tribute to one of the End's best punk bands.They played everything, from S/T to Splinter along with songs off soundtracks and other songs.

yusuke-lupin
11-21-2004, 09:15 PM
i hear them sometimes i heard hit that not to long ago YAY and iv heard some other offspring songs

offspringbaby2004
11-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Not as much as I would like to hear them on the radio. Maybe 1 or 2 times a week, but than again I don't listen to the radio all the time, I might just have bad timing.

~mandy~

Ezz
11-22-2004, 01:07 AM
Here in Adelaide, on Triple M they play Spare Me The Details at least twice a day. They're completely wrecking the song!
Yeah that's pretty much the only song of their's I hear

lousyskater
11-22-2004, 01:16 AM
all the radio stations in the LA area play either rap or mexican music. there's one station that does play them, but not very often because they're busy playing the new and popular stuff. it sickens me.
________
How To Roll A Joint (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

MirandaV
11-22-2004, 02:52 AM
I got a radiostation and you can ask for songs sometimes, and most of the time when they ask offspring they're like: nah.. we dont like that.
But a couple of months ago I heard COAP on the radio and I was like.. holy shit

Subsidal
11-22-2004, 06:17 AM
Not often, but that also could be 'cause I'm not listening to the radio often :D

Toxic Speed Bump
11-22-2004, 06:26 AM
the bands I like are never on the radio becouse my radio sucks.

Funky Donkey
11-22-2004, 06:56 AM
Just the otehr day i heard Self Esteem on the radio which i had never heard on the radio before tehy play the b and very seldom, although a have heard Gone Away a few times. but not often enough.

TheHulaChick
11-22-2004, 07:07 AM

No kidding! everytime I go out it's always playing in the shops and stuff. It's starting to get a little annoying! I wish they would play a variety of Offspring songs instead of just that one!

BuddyHolly
11-22-2004, 07:57 AM
they play Offspring songs almost every day here in The Netherlands... at least once or twice a week on 3fm and also on kinkfm (for all the dutch here)... I've allready heard Come Out & Play, Self Esteem, All I Want, Pretty Fly, The Kids Aren't Allright, WDYGAJ, Original Prankster, Hit That, Da Hui and Never Gonna Find Me so far

RonWelty
11-22-2004, 08:12 AM
i only heard pretty fly during the BIG TIMES of AMERICANA , original prankster 1 time , and Hit that one time too :X

SlaM
11-22-2004, 09:39 AM
here in france the radio never play Offspring songs...
just when Splinter was made they played Hit that 10 time a day and when The Offpring came to paris (16-03-2004)one rock radio played all offspring song(except the 1st album)!! it was very very impressiv!!...now in 10 month only heard Cant Get My Head Around You one time :(

Zee
11-22-2004, 09:47 AM
They played Hit That quite often, but Head Around probably didn't get airtime at all, or very little.

Our radio was one of the first ones to bring Hit That out, but I missed it. I remember it took about a week from there 'till it came on-line. And they had permission to play it only once that week. That was frustrating.

Strider
11-22-2004, 11:32 AM
They used to play Pretty Fly and The Original Prankster here in the past, but nowadays I rarely hear Hit That, Head Around You or The Worst Hangover Ever on the radio. Oh yeah, I also heard Gotta Get Away, Come Out And Play and What Happened To You.

Lithuanian Offspring
11-22-2004, 11:41 AM
I only hear Hit That in Vilnius. They never play anything ther than Hit That and Pretty Fly.

selfrighteoussuicide
11-22-2004, 11:43 AM
very little cuz the stations are too busy playing shit wannabe rock/pop like maroon 5 or busted :mad: :mad: :mad:

CRASH
11-22-2004, 12:49 PM
WOW!!!! That's gotta suck!!! The Bear in Edmonton playes the Offspring at least 3 times a day, and it's not just the same songs over and over again, just yesterday I heard Come out and Play, Gone Away, and Pretty Fly for a White guy, and the day before it was Dirty Magic (I know, it was a fluke that I was able to get that submission into them), The Kids Aren't Alright, and Defy You....... yeah, I know, I listen to too much radio, but I on my discman, it saves batteries to listen to the radio rather than playing a cd, and burning off a pair of betteries in 8 hours.... if i'm lucky.....