PDA

View Full Version : Pick 1 out of these 4 nerd-psycho-rockers

D. Town Scott
09-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Here we go peoples. I haven't seen any threads on these 4 bands yet. Their all cool and nerdy and everything good like that so let's vote, people.

They Might Be Giants
The Violent Femmes
Ween
Beck

coke_a_holic
09-09-2005, 01:33 PM
It was hard to choose between Beck and the Femmes, but I went with the Femmes because I've been listening to them for many a year.

original_prankster
09-09-2005, 01:36 PM
What? No Descendents? :D

~*hit_that*~
09-09-2005, 01:36 PM
I've only ever heard of Beck, so I guess my vote has to go to them! lol

Socially Rejected
09-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Beck .....

pretty fly 88
09-09-2005, 02:35 PM
I'll have to go with Beck. I really like all 4 songs that I know by them:
Loser
E-Pro
Girl
Where It's At
I like the Violent Femmes, but I've never heard anything by them that's not on their debut album, which was released way back in 1982. What's up with that?

Apathy
09-09-2005, 05:14 PM
I'll have to go with Beck. I really like all 4 songs that I know by them:
Loser
E-Pro
Girl
Where It's At
I like the Violent Femmes, but I've never heard anything by them that's not on their debut album, which was released way back in 1982. What's up with that?

Beck is not "them" It's One Person.

I Like The Femmes, and they Might Be Giants, But I love Beck, So I voted for him as well.

Turbonegro
09-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Everyone that didn't vote for They Might Be Giants is wrong.

coke_a_holic
09-09-2005, 09:01 PM
No way! The Violent Femmes are awesome! They Might Be Giants are only known for the malcom in the middle theme song and that other theme song I'm not sure if exists.

0r4ng3
09-09-2005, 09:03 PM
They Might be Giants...that sounds familiar. Did they do a song for homestarrunner.com?

Edit: Yes, yes they did.

For the album's first single, "Experimental Film", TMBG teamed up with Homestar Runner creators Matt and Mike Chapman to create an animated music video. The band's collaboration with the Brothers Chaps also included several Puppet Jam segments with puppet Homestar.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_might_be_giants

Sinister
09-09-2005, 09:14 PM
maybe I'm just stupid, narrowminded and retarded, but I never heard of any of them.

Turbonegro
09-09-2005, 09:17 PM
No way! The Violent Femmes are awesome!

I've heard of them, but I'm not sure if I've ever heard anything by them.

coke_a_holic
09-09-2005, 09:20 PM
maybe I'm just stupid, narrowminded and retarded, but I never heard of any of them.
They Might Be Giants sings the Malcom in the Middle theme song
Violent Femmes sing that song Blister in the Sun which I'm sure you've heard "Let me go oooon, I've got blister in the sun, let me go ooon, big hands I know you're the one," etc
Beck sings that song Loser, which I'm sure you've heard "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?"

I don't know Ween. You've heard these bands, just not the names of them.

Sinister
09-09-2005, 09:21 PM
They Might Be Giants sings the Malcom in the Middle theme song
Violent Femmes sing that song Blister in the Sun which I'm sure you've heard "Let me go oooon, I've got blister in the sun, let me go ooon, big hands I know you're the one," etc
Beck sings that song Loser, which I'm sure you've heard "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?"

I don't know the Weens. You've heard these bands, just not the names of them.

I'm not even sure I have... oh well... *sigh*

0r4ng3
09-09-2005, 09:24 PM
They also have a song in THUG2, though I don't know what it's called.

coke_a_holic
09-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Add it Up is the song on THUG2, it's a great song.

ichoose90
09-10-2005, 10:37 AM
My vote goes to Beck. Ween is really funny, though, too. 'Ocean Man' is a crazy song by them. I also really like They Might Be Giants. I remember haring 'Partical Man' and 'Instanbul' on Tiny Toons when I was little. The Violent Femmes... gotta love 'em. 'American Music' is probably my favorite song by them. I have to go with Beck, though. From 'Loser' to 'E-Pro' he's been grand and never failed to make a nerd-rockin' album.

Evil-Dead
09-10-2005, 07:22 PM
They Might Be Giants

Make a little birdhouse in your soul!

Evil-Dead
09-10-2005, 07:23 PM
No way! The Violent Femmes are awesome! They Might Be Giants are only known for the malcom in the middle theme song and that other theme song I'm not sure if exists.

Birdhouse In Your Soul was a big hit in 1990

ichoose90
09-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Birdhouse In Your Soul was a big hit in 1990

All four of the bands that D. Town Scott listed had hits in the 90's.

Beck: 'Loser' 'Beercan' 'Devils Haircut' 'Where It's At' 'Deadweight' 'Jack-Ass' 'The New Pollution' 'Tropicalia' 'Sexx Laws' 'Mixed Bizness' 'Lost' 'E-Pro' and 'Girl'

The Violent Femmes: 'Nightmares' 'American Music' and 'Breakin Up'

They Might Be Giants: 'Ana Ng' 'Birdhouse in Your Soul' 'Twisting' 'The Statue got me High' and 'Snail Shell'

Ween: 'Push Th Little Daisies' and 'Voodoo Lady'

As you can tell, Beck was obviously the most successful of the four. All great bands, though.

Drummerguy123
09-10-2005, 09:14 PM
DAMMIT!!!!!!!!! Anyone know how to change votes? I voted for the Violent Femmes and then I saw Beck. I AM BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nieh
09-10-2005, 09:25 PM
I don't know Ween. You've heard these bands, just not the names of them.

Ween are an odd little group. They started out as just 2 guys over-dubbing stuff onto a 4-track tape recorder. They play everything from Motorhead-style metal to 70s style mystical-type prog to new wave to country all while being really goofy and funny in the process. I've only heard a handful of tracks by them so far and they're really good at emulating essentially every genre of music. Between the two of them they even pull off the singing styles to each genre perfectly.