PDA

View Full Version : Note to everyone living in Australia

billiejoe87
09-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Sorry if you already know this, but just letting all Offspring fans living in Australia know that this week is Offspring week on Channel V. Tomorrow at 10:30am-12pm AEST they will be playing the full Offspring Live at Wembley 2001 and Smash to Splinter concerts. Their are also playing heaps of Offspring videos being played, and on Wednesday (I cant remember the time) Andrew G will be flying with Dexter over Sydney on his Jet. So watch it.

neocon58
09-10-2005, 12:34 AM
Sorry if you already know this, but just letting all Offspring fans living in Australia know that this week is Offspring week on Channel V. Tomorrow at 10:30am-12pm AEST they will be playing the full Offspring Live at Wembley 2001 and Smash to Splinter concerts. Their are also playing heaps of Offspring videos being played, and on Wednesday (I cant remember the time) Andrew G will be flying with Dexter over Sydney on his Jet. So watch it.

So Dexter flew to australia, or will be flying to australia this week?

According to the channel v site, Andrew G dosen't fly with dex over sydney, but flies with dex to the sacramento warped tour.

Jase
09-10-2005, 12:56 AM
Oh crap, I don't have V just Mtv. Damn optus!!

RobinoZombie
09-10-2005, 01:20 AM
seriously. can anyone record the wembley 2001 and the dex in jet thing onto dvd for me?
ive been looking for the wembley 2001 in good quality, so fucking long:)
leave a pm if a trade sounds intresting
got quite alot, just ask tijs:P

billiejoe87
09-10-2005, 03:47 AM
seriously. can anyone record the wembley 2001 and the dex in jet thing onto dvd for me?
ive been looking for the wembley 2001 in good quality, so fucking long:)
leave a pm if a trade sounds intresting
got quite alot, just ask tijs:P

I already recorded it today but an upload might prove difficult. But i'll see what I can do.

Tijs
09-10-2005, 04:02 AM
I already recorded it today but an upload might prove difficult. But i'll see what I can do.
If you need space to host it let me know and you got some. And of course some Offspring stuff you want.
got quite alot, just ask robin:P

Offspring7
09-10-2005, 05:15 AM
wow! i'm moving to australia...

Venom Symbiote
09-10-2005, 06:18 AM
Interesting...

By "tomorrow", you mean Sunday, right?

I'll watch it, but yeah: an upload could most definitely be of good use, anyone that can do it.

And cheers for the heads-up: I don't usually watch that trash, but will make an exception if The Offspring or the Smashing Pumpkins are somehow ever involved. My brother's a teeniebopper MTV junkie though, so it's always blaring from the TV.

What a little prick. :D

billiejoe87
09-10-2005, 10:07 PM
I dont know what to do, I recorded it on a DVD RAM disc cause thats the only type I had left, and as such I don't know how to convert it and split it up to be able to upload, because both the media type and the sixe of the file are currently not worth uploading. If someone knows how I can covert and split the concert please let me know. The only drawback with the tape is that channel v had sprawling messages across the bottom (All questions about the Offspring) and there is a 15 second stuff up during The Kids aren't alright, which is probably due to a scratch. Otherwise it is excellent quality.

offspring_freak_3
09-10-2005, 10:11 PM
I dont know what to do, I recorded it on a DVD RAM disc cause thats the only type I had left, and as such I don't know how to convert it and split it up to be able to upload, because both the media type and the sixe of the file are currently not worth uploading. If someone knows how I can covert and split the concert please let me know. The only drawback with the tape is that channel v had sprawling messages across the bottom (All questions about the Offspring) and there is a 15 second stuff up during The Kids aren't alright, which is probably due to a scratch. Otherwise it is excellent quality.
try this www.eo-video.com it's a converter ;)

Venom Symbiote
09-11-2005, 01:35 AM
It was fucking horse-shit.

And anyone under 25 should be lawfully banned from owning a cell-phone. These twats SMS'ing in should either learn how to spell, or cut their crotch with a rusty boltcutter and sing "I Feel Pretty" while fellating an ostrich.

Fucking 12 year old Channel V/MTV-viewing muffin-munching gonzo-fondling cunt-tards.

:mad:

billiejoe87
09-11-2005, 02:11 AM
try this www.eo-video.com it's a converter ;)

Thankyou, Ill see what I can do.

It was fucking horse-shit.

And anyone under 25 should be lawfully banned from owning a cell-phone. These twats SMS'ing in should either learn how to spell, or cut their crotch with a rusty boltcutter and sing "I Feel Pretty" while fellating an ostrich.

Fucking 12 year old Channel V/MTV-viewing muffin-munching gonzo-fondling cunt-tards.

:mad:
I don't see what was so bad about it. Today they played both Offspring and Green day specials and I taped them both, I think it's awesome they're supporting good music. However, yes I agree the texting was really annoying, as it takes your eyes off the concert, and most people texted really stupid shit. Today for example the idiots asked everyone if The Offspring was pop like Kylie or punk. Really intelligent stuff guys, comparing a rock band with a pop/dance singer, there is more to pop than Kylie.

Venom Symbiote
09-11-2005, 02:33 AM
I was talking about the kids themselves phoning/texting in, not the questions being asked. The Offspring ARE more like Kylie than, say, The Clash or Propaghandi or whatever. *shrugs*

And Channel V is so cunt-ragged.

That upcoming Andrew G special will probably be balls, too.

billiejoe87
09-11-2005, 03:09 AM
I was talking about the kids themselves phoning/texting in, not the questions being asked. The Offspring ARE more like Kylie than, say, The Clash or Propaghandi or whatever. *shrugs*

And Channel V is so cunt-ragged.

That upcoming Andrew G special will probably be balls, too.

Dude, are you honestly saying you think The Offspring sound more like Kylie Minogue than the Clash? You have to be kidding. Possibly the odd song like Why don't you get a job might be an exception, but normally no way they sound more like Kylie!!

DexterWannabe
09-11-2005, 10:47 AM
some1 just gotta record that thing

billiejoe87
09-11-2005, 04:21 PM
some1 just gotta record that thing

I recorded it, but I'm finding it impossible to convert. I'll keep trying, but currently if I don't get rid of all the non relevant Offspring stuff on the dvd and convert it to a Media file, it is 4 GB in size, making it way to large to upload.

offspring_freak_3
09-11-2005, 04:29 PM
I recorded it, but I'm finding it impossible to convert. I'll keep trying, but currently if I don't get rid of all the non relevant Offspring stuff on the dvd and convert it to a Media file, it is 4 GB in size, making it way to large to upload.
send it to tijs or Cejus ;) maybe they can revert it and put online

billiejoe87
09-11-2005, 08:47 PM
send it to tijs or Cejus ;) maybe they can revert it and put online

Thanks for the tip, but i'd like to see what other options I have, before I send via mail (If that's what you mean). I have a 256k connection, so uploading a 4gb file would take a week or longer, so I assume you meant send it via mail.

Anyway I've come across some software called AVS Video Converter, which is quite good. I'm currently using it to convert the DVD RAM disc to a normal DVD, I'll see how that works out. Also a note to both Tijs and Jesus, how much web space are you willing to allow for this, because converting this file to an AVI or MPEG will still be quite a big file (Probably 500mb uncompressed). Also, it could take up to a week for me to have this file ready for upload, as this conversion process is quite slow and resource consuming. Let me know the details via billiejoe87@hotmail.com, of what process you would like me to follow, when ready to upload the file.

neocon58
09-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Thankyou Billiejoe. I'll send you an email detailing what you should do. I run the site www.offspring.info along with Tijs and Jesus, I'm just the uncredited guy. Tijs has told me to tell you to send the file to me when completed, www.daviddricks@hotmail.com, and delete any original copies you have at home due to copyright laws. Not I, but Tijs will then take care of you from their, and send you a proper cased DVD of the show.

Thankyou for your cooperation. It will be great to see this show out in the open.

you stupid fuck. Billiejoe, don't do it.

billiejoe87
09-11-2005, 10:44 PM
you stupid fuck. Billiejoe, don't do it.

Yeah, I wasn't going to. Yay your a fag for wasting 2 mins of your life trying to get me to believe you with that load of bullshit. Next time if you want a bit more chance of success, maybe remove the ass from your avatar, and stop spamming and then acting like Tijs and Jesus are your friends.

offspring_freak_3
09-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the tip, but i'd like to see what other options I have, before I send via mail (If that's what you mean). I have a 256k connection, so uploading a 4gb file would take a week or longer, so I assume you meant send it via mail.

Anyway I've come across some software called AVS Video Converter, which is quite good. I'm currently using it to convert the DVD RAM disc to a normal DVD, I'll see how that works out. Also a note to both Tijs and Jesus, how much web space are you willing to allow for this, because converting this file to an AVI or MPEG will still be quite a big file (Probably 500mb uncompressed). Also, it could take up to a week for me to have this file ready for upload, as this conversion process is quite slow and resource consuming. Let me know the details via billiejoe87@hotmail.com, of what process you would like me to follow, when ready to upload the file.

you can try dividing the vid in parts.you can divide it in small parts for upload ;)

billiejoe87
09-11-2005, 11:48 PM
you can try dividing the vid in parts.you can divide it in small parts for upload ;)

Yeah dude, if I find programs that allow me to split it and convert it. It'll be uploaded right away. For now, none of the programs I have tried have helped at all.

billiejoe87
09-12-2005, 01:52 AM
Just to let everyone know that unfortunately until further notice the Concert will not be uploaded, just to the extreme lack of tools available to convert the gig. Sorry for dissapointing, but if anything changes I'll let everyone know.

Venom Symbiote
09-12-2005, 02:17 AM
:rolleyes:

It was just Smash to Splinter and the Wembley 2001 show, with the videoclips for "I Choose" and "She's Got Issues" thrown in.

What's all the fucking hubbub?

In all honesty, the "I Choose" clip and "Dammit, I Changed Again" live were the only things about the entire thing I enjoyed. And one of those I already have a copy of on DVD.

Coupled with the idiotic SMS replies from immature Grade 7 music-channel viewing types scrolling down the bottom and that chodey little hack Andrew G (what a bloody ovary!) advertising his (underserved) rid in the Anarchy jet with Holland ruining whatever little of it was entertaining, I'd have to say you're all being pretty tittyfucking buttcheeky about the entire thing.

Go watch your Vid Collection DVD and hit up theoffspring.info, and you'd be spending your time better getting the same result.

;)

(Fucksquirrels)

Tijs
09-12-2005, 08:25 AM
yay has nothing to do with theoffspring.info.

billiejoe87, you recorded it on DVD right? So I assume you're dealing with VOB files right? They're easy to convert with the right programs. If that's not the case than what is?
And we have enough webspace to host 500mb. I don't know about the length of the show, but awesome quality is always... awesome. So maybe you could make it around 1.5GB? We could host that too.

edit: It's Smash To Splinter? If so... I could just rip it from the DVD. Nothing special about it or anything?

billiejoe87
09-12-2005, 09:56 PM
yay has nothing to do with theoffspring.info.

billiejoe87, you recorded it on DVD right? So I assume you're dealing with VOB files right? They're easy to convert with the right programs. If that's not the case than what is?
And we have enough webspace to host 500mb. I don't know about the length of the show, but awesome quality is always... awesome. So maybe you could make it around 1.5GB? We could host that too.

edit: It's Smash To Splinter? If so... I could just rip it from the DVD. Nothing special about it or anything?

It's of a DVD RAM disc so we're dealing with VOR Files. I'm still searching frantically for a program to convert them. Many claim to but don't deliver. Also it is both Offspring live at Wembley 2001 and Smash to Splinter, as well as what another user said the film clips for I choose and She's got issues.

offspring_freak_3
09-13-2005, 09:26 AM
It's of a DVD RAM disc so we're dealing with VOR Files. I'm still searching frantically for a program to convert them. Many claim to but don't deliver. Also it is both Offspring live at Wembley 2001 and Smash to Splinter, as well as what another user said the film clips for I choose and She's got issues.
so u don't need upoload this right?

Tijs
09-17-2005, 03:54 PM

Sorry for reviving this thread but;

I suppose Wembley 2001 is in AWESOME quality, no? If so, try using programs as DVD Decrypter and AutoGK. I'm not sure if they can handle VOR files since I have no experience what-so-ever with those.

Info and links on DVD Decrypter and AutoGK can be found here:
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/autogk.htm

Venom Symbiote
09-17-2005, 11:47 PM
QUOTE:
"Nothing special about it or anything?"

If "special" means "fucked up with oodles of MTV culture and 13-year-olds-with-cell-phones stupidity", then it's fucking special alright.

:rolleyes: :mad:

Livewireguitarfire
09-17-2005, 11:51 PM
dam think i missed it but im aussie! and dont have V