PDA

View Full Version : look

RonWelty
09-10-2005, 07:57 AM
this review may help us to know why offspring are not VERY FAMOUS ANYMORE ...

ps - that description of GONE AWAY made me sick ..itīs probably their best song

http://www.wholenote.com/default.asp?iTarget=http%3A//www.wholenote.com/news/item.asp%3Fi%3D345

Sinister
09-10-2005, 08:03 AM
this review may help us to know why offspring are not VERY FAMOUS ANYMORE ...

ps - that description of GONE AWAY made me sick ..itīs probably their best song

http://www.wholenote.com/default.asp?iTarget=http%3A//www.wholenote.com/news/item.asp%3Fi%3D345

someone should kill the person who wrote that piece of shit.
edit : oh. it's Greg Heller. SOMEBODY KILL HIM !

RonWelty
09-10-2005, 08:06 AM
someone should kill the person who wrote that piece of shit.
:) that description of gone away kills me :S

brothadave79
09-10-2005, 08:09 AM
That was just someone saying "0fF5pr1iNg iS teh 5uCk" because they still had an aura of big success after Americana and he wanted to knock them down a peg. Kinda like what we do to Green Day now. (Notice he managed to fellate Billie Joe in there, back when Green Day wasn't a tenth as popular as now)

Mentally_Challenged
09-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Pfft. What a bastard.

SkyRocker
09-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Is it really important ? We know they aren't famous anymore but anyway.
This is not because of this guy only; you like the band, it's sufficient.

Chainsaw
09-10-2005, 08:46 AM
That was funny :D

ashtray_girl_1
09-10-2005, 03:18 PM
you know, the guy who wrote this was right!the offspring are poppy teen band and they suck their own balls! :mad:
that's it-I quit!I'm not an offspring fan anymore, this review made me hate them more than my parents!Good bye! :(

*throws all of her offspring stuff on the street*

Mentally_Challenged
09-10-2005, 03:24 PM
*Runs outside and steals all your Offspring stuff*

Bwahahahaha!

Nirushika6789
09-10-2005, 03:27 PM
*kills greg heller*
icant believe he wrote that

Drummerguy123
09-10-2005, 03:44 PM
HOW DARE HE SAY GREEN DAY IS BETTER THAN THE OFFSPRING!!!!!! He hasn't heard any of their lyrics except the singles! I can guarantee you he has never heard Mota, I'll Be Waiting, or Race Against Myself!!!! And if he questions their musical abilities, he has never heard Pay the Man or Long Way Home! HE MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hypodermic_89
09-10-2005, 03:51 PM
HOW DARE HE SAY GREEN DAY IS BETTER THAN THE OFFSPRING!!!!!! He hasn't heard any of their lyrics except the singles! I can guarantee you he has never heard Mota, I'll Be Waiting, or Race Against Myself!!!! And if he questions their musical abilities, he has never heard Pay the Man or Long Way Home! HE MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah......

NDM1
09-10-2005, 03:56 PM
He was almost dissing them for being nice at their shows. It was he was saying "the only good shows are when the musicians mean"

brothadave79
09-10-2005, 04:02 PM
He was almost dissing them for being nice at their shows. It was he was saying "the only good shows are when the musicians mean"

Dexter should have pissed on everyone in the front row.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-10-2005, 04:19 PM
That guys a dick! He has no idea what hes talking about when he described Gone Away. Fag. Somebody behead this bastard cause hes living in chaos.

Sinister
09-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Dexter should have pissed on everyone in the front row.

tossing unpinned handgrenades around while singing that song would also have been a good idea if he wanted to be mean.

RonWelty
09-10-2005, 04:27 PM
tossing unpinned handgrenades around while singing that song would also have been a good idea if he wanted to be mean.do u remember KILL BACKSTREET BOYS ? now would be " KILL THE MOTHERFUCKER THAT WRITE THIS REVIEW ... CUZ WE HAVE TO BE MEAN " with Michael Jackson music on the back

Sinister
09-10-2005, 04:28 PM
do u remember KILL BACKSTREET BOYS ? now would be " KILL THE MOTHERFUCKER THAT WRITE THIS REVIEW ... CUZ WE HAVE TO BE MEAN " with Michael Jackson music on the back

hey if you have a video of the bsb slaughter send it my way !

Idiot
09-10-2005, 05:16 PM
http://www.offspringbootlegs.com/video/other_live_performances/the_offspring%20-%20killing_backstreet_boys(pukkelpop99).avi

http://www.offspringbootlegs.com/video/other_live_performances/the_offspring%20-%20killing_bsb(leeds99).avi

http://www.offspringbootlegs.com/video/woodstock99/08%20-%20Kill%20the%20Backstreet%20Boys.mpg

Yeah, I think the review is a little harsh, but hey, everybody is entitled to their opinions.

Offspring7
09-10-2005, 05:53 PM
i've never actually seen the video part of them killing the backstreet boys...hahahaa...thats great. and whoever wrote that review sucks...that guy didn't even know what he was talking about with what he said about gone away...worst review ever

bd007h
09-10-2005, 07:41 PM
people that write reviews on cds and songs are usually either fucking retarded old people who think everything should still sound like frank sinatra, or 20-30 year olds who are into hip hop.

dexterisMYman
09-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Hey now. i love both of them. yes i cant say i hate green day anymore. cuz i love them. but i love the offspring way more.

Venom Symbiote
09-11-2005, 04:00 AM
As a professional writer for streetpress 'zines, and creative-writing student, I'd have to say it's actually a pretty decent and fair review.

Stop being fanboys.

He doesn't hate the band, just doesn't hail them as the Second Coming Of Jesus or anything. I mean, he has a point: The Offspring were never known for being good music COMPOSERS: they built a reputation through performance.

It's their strength, and he gives them credit as much as he does criticism.

So yeah, all in all, you're all overreacting.

Chill, fuckers, chill. ;) You're being childish.

Idiot
09-11-2005, 05:52 AM
Indeed, and like I said, everybody is entitled to their opinions.

RonWelty
09-11-2005, 06:01 AM
As a professional writer for streetpress 'zines, and creative-writing student, I'd have to say it's actually a pretty decent and fair review.

Stop being fanboys.

He doesn't hate the band, just doesn't hail them as the Second Coming Of Jesus or anything. I mean, he has a point: The Offspring were never known for being good music COMPOSERS: they built a reputation through performance.

It's their strength, and he gives them credit as much as he does criticism.

So yeah, all in all, you're all overreacting.

Chill, fuckers, chill. ;) You're being childish.
Kerrang awards ...CLASSIC SONGWRITTER ..WINNER : THE OFFSPRING

I FUCKIN REST MY CASE ...ASS HOLE

Amazed
09-11-2005, 06:12 AM
you know, the guy who wrote this was right!the offspring are poppy teen band and they suck their own balls! :mad:
that's it-I quit!I'm not an offspring fan anymore, this review made me hate them more than my parents!Good bye! :(

*throws all of her offspring stuff on the street*

WHAT?! You can't be serious! *kills ashtray_girl_1*

defy me
09-11-2005, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=RonWelty]Kerrang awards ...CLASSIC SONGWRITTER ..WINNER : THE OFFSPRING

When did they win a Kerrang award?

ashtray_girl_1
09-11-2005, 11:20 AM
WHAT?! You can't be serious! *kills ashtray_girl_1*

NOOOO!I wasn't being serious!I love the offspring and I always will, no matter what someone says or writes!

now, bring me back to life! :D

ashtray_girl_1
09-11-2005, 11:21 AM
they won the award 2-3 years ago, i think

RonWelty
09-11-2005, 11:31 AM
they won the award 2-3 years ago, i thinkin 2002 or 2003

peko
09-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Kerrang awards ...CLASSIC SONGWRITTER ..WINNER : THE OFFSPRING

I FUCKIN REST MY CASE ...ASS HOLE

Wow, one award, whoop-dee-fucking-doo. That just proves The Offspring are the best songwriters of all time. :rolleyes:

Stop being stupid you guys and bashing on this guy who wrote the review. They aren't the perfect band, so of course they're going to get some criticism. Learn to deal with it.

RonWelty
09-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Wow, one award, whoop-dee-fucking-doo. That just proves The Offspring are the best songwriters of all time. :rolleyes:

Stop being stupid you guys and bashing on this guy who wrote the review. They aren't the perfect band, so of course they're going to get some criticism. Learn to deal with it.
lkoool ..fuck u ! itīs not the deal if they are perfect ...the question here is : THEY WRITE GOOD OR BAD SONGS ... buy new glasses !!! and join some poppy punk forum ..if u donīt like the offspring ..go away ..

peko
09-11-2005, 01:15 PM
lkoool ..fuck u ! itīs not the deal if they are perfect ...the question here is : THEY WRITE GOOD OR BAD SONGS ... buy new glasses !!! and join some poppy punk forum ..if u donīt like the offspring ..go away ..

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Like Idiot said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just because YOU think a certain song of theirs is one of their best, doesn't mean everyone else will.

Grow up.

RonWelty
09-11-2005, 01:31 PM
I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Like Idiot said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just because YOU think a certain song of theirs is one of their best, doesn't mean everyone else will.

Grow up.
do u know any offspting fan that does not like gone away? ...

~*hit_that*~
09-11-2005, 01:38 PM

Grow up.

exactly. Took the words right outta my mouth there!

peko
09-11-2005, 01:40 PM
do u know any offspting fan that does not like gone away? ...

There's more people out there than just Offspring fans. The guy who wrote the article obviously isn't an Offspring fan, and doesn't like the song. Tell me this, what's wrong with not liking a song that most people do like?

NEOCON99
09-11-2005, 05:32 PM
How can he write something like that. Gone away "mediocre poetry" fuck him.

I didn't went to a conspiracy of one tour show, but I think that the two last tours where diferent thant the one reviewed in the article, the fans are older now, and I think the offspring really induced people to change, not exactly a revolution or something like that, but to really think for themselves and nor let be influence by whats popular and/or everybody does, (including me of course).

Lupin
09-11-2005, 06:06 PM
----However, "Gone Away," with its plodding progression and hopelessly goofy poetry ("I reach to the sky/And call out your name") has no place at a self-respecting rock show.--------

Hey, i agree with the dude on page One Kill Greg Heller

----There's no thrill in being so close to the foursome---
Maybe he was reviewing outside, or somewhere else.

---"Thanks for showing up," "This is awesome," "This rules!"---
Although this part is true, the 'spring say very little on stage, and the last line
---bassist Greg K is all but superglued in place---
Maybe this guy was at the gig, but is deaf...and a little bit blind.

but still Kill Greg Heller, or at least Injure Greg Heller
________
BUY EASY VAPE VAPORIZER (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/easy-vape)