PDA

View Full Version : Head Automatica

Kerr
09-11-2005, 04:11 AM
At first I heard At The Speed Of A Yellow bullet which is an awesome song. It is very rocky, almost rocky, and for some strange reason they are known as Punk Rock and have even been in the Kerrang magazine too.

I downloaded Tokyo Decadence, and I had to admit, it wasn't very punky at all - very strange. The drumbeats are almost hip-hoppy (but no, they aren't rap or anything like that, so no RAP IS CRAP comments), and it has a slight tinge of a ska-ish sound (only in my opinion). The album is finally growing on me, and I am starting to like the band more. My personal faves off that album are, of course, At The Speed....., Solid Gold Telephone, Brooklyn is Burning and Tip Your Hooker. I might even download Decadence.

Anyone else heard of this band, or likes them?

Lars
09-11-2005, 04:14 AM
I'm not a fan and I don't understand the whole thing that surrounds Daryl (sp?) Palumbo. I mean I don't find Glasjaw anything amazing either (which is where you 'punk' reference comes from). It's pretty standard stuff nothing amazing but just cause the guy's from Glassjaw a bunch of people buy it and like it.

Socially Rejected
09-11-2005, 05:07 AM
They're alright but I'm not a fan. Its something they have about them that makes me think thier music is shite, however, "Brooklyn is burnin" is a fantastic song.

Anya82
12-08-2005, 12:09 AM
i just heard about them like two weeks ago or so, thanks to a friend of mine, and i like them. He sent me the "Beating Heart Baby" mp3, and I like 'em very much. But Kerr is right, i don't find them "punkish".

Yatesy
12-08-2005, 06:02 AM
I heard Beating Heart Baby on tv and I thought it was pretty cool. Then I got some random CD with some random magazine which has Brooklyn's Burning or something like that on and I also like that. Anyone got any songs to upload?

Kerr
12-08-2005, 11:55 AM
I actually no longer really like them that much now. The only mp3 that remains on my PC is At The Speed Of A Yellow Bullet. But I did love Beating Heart Baby.

Oh, and the album I claimed to have in the first post, Tokyo Decadence, is really weird - some song titles on it are the same as titles on the actual proper album, Decadence, but are completely different e.g. Soldi Gold Telephone off "Tokyo Decadence" is some weird hip-hoppy song, whereas the REAL song called SGT is completely different (and the same song itself has a different song title, something like Young Hollywood, on "Tokyo Decadence"). Therefore, ignore the album name in the first post - it is the album Decadence you want. As for "Solid Gold Telephone" off TD, I don't know what it's real song title is as it is not on Decadence.

Yatesy: I have however burned both decadence and Tokyo Decadence on CD's and I don't mind ripping them again and uploading some tracks for you, but for download, I recommend At The Speed of a Yellow Bullet, The Razor, Please Please Please and King Caesar. PM me if you want me to upload anything. In fact, I have PM'd you to alert you to this post.

Anya82
12-08-2005, 11:55 AM
i've downloaded Tokyo Decadence album

Kerr
12-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Ah, Beating Heart Baby is not on that one. And, just to let you know:

Tara Reid is a Whore is actually Please Please Please off Decadence
Young Hollywood is actually Solid Gold Telephone
Zack Morris is my Hero is actually Head Automatica Sound System
I Shot Andy Warhol is actually King Caesar
I don't know whether Dancy Party is the same as Dance Party Plus, but it's likely
Everything you Wanted to Know about the Straight Edge is actually Disco Hades II
Negro Spiritual is actually I Shot William H. Macy
All the rest are completely different tracks

I don't know why all the tracks are fucked up. I would have edited the original post but the thread was long dead once I downloaded Decadence.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-03-2006, 07:49 PM
My friend got me into Head Automatica and I think they have an amazing sound and are very good, listen to 'Beating Hearts Baby'.

honey
01-04-2006, 03:40 PM
I only know one song, 'King Ceaser' or something. It was on the Rock Sound Compilation a long time ago. I thought it was alright, a little electric and a nice sort of melody through it.

Igniton
01-06-2006, 03:51 PM
my ex gf used to love beating hearts baby so i downloaded it, it aint that bad, i mean its still on my playlist, but i dont listen to it