PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one?

BananaFish
09-12-2005, 02:24 PM
By the title of this thread, I mean, am I the only one who has heard the Police cover on the radio? 'Cause I've heard it 3 times this weekend, so I'm pretty sure I'm not delusional. I could be, two of the three times I heard it it was about 3 am, and I can't really trust my senses at that time. So, anyone else know a thing about this? Or does everyone but me know, but because this is pretty much my first time online in weeks(curse you ToS!!), I've been left out of the loop? Or am I just insane?

Tijs
09-12-2005, 02:27 PM
Maybe you've heard the original song and not the cover..?

Sinister
09-12-2005, 02:27 PM
I haven't heard any Offspring on any radio. Ever. So consider yourself lucky !
and by the way all the radio here suck donkey balls.

SkyRocker
09-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Maybe you've heard the original song and not the cover..?
That must be that. I never heard hidden songs on the radio.
Plus much radios are playing old stuff.

BananaFish
09-12-2005, 02:40 PM
No, It's the cover. The one time it was on was as part of this cage match thing, where they have two songs go against each other and people call in and vote, and it was clearly not the original. That and the other two times it was introduced with the new music thing.

Zee
09-12-2005, 02:41 PM
I heard Mission From God once, and that was really surprising coming from a radio with play lists and what not...

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-12-2005, 02:42 PM
The original isnt close the the cover. The original is slow. Not like the cover. but your lucky :D

BananaFish
09-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Yeah, there's that too. Yeah, the radio station's been a lot cooler recently, playing way more Offspring and a bunch of other stuff. Even the radio promos are cooler then they use to be...

Offspring89
09-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Hey If u guys want to here offspring on the radio get XM they played cant repeat way to much. If u do get it listen to channel 48 called "squizz xL"

BananaFish
09-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Ha! I'm not crazy! It just came on again! *dances the 'I'm not crazy' dance*

Tired_Of_You
09-12-2005, 07:10 PM
I haven't heard any Offspring on any radio. Ever. So consider yourself lucky !
and by the way all the radio here suck donkey balls.Try 99.9, they play Offspring songs sometimes.

Drummerguy123
09-12-2005, 07:44 PM
I wanna kill my radio dj's. They only play crap like MCR and Taking back Sunday. I need to get that XM radio. Is there a monthly subscription to it or something?

dain84
09-12-2005, 10:43 PM
The station in the neighbor city plays them all the time. But the one here only plays Can't repeat, and rarely.

StayInTheHouseCarl
09-12-2005, 11:27 PM
ya, on kroq jed the fish played it once for "catch of the day" but otherwise...actually, kroq doesnt play much offspring anymore.

The Darkside Has Cookies
09-13-2005, 12:24 AM
The last version of that song I heard on the radio was the one by Notorious B.I.G and I gotta give mad respect to that fat man.

R.I.P brother.

Evka.pl
09-13-2005, 12:36 AM
they should put that song on the radio. and do a clip 4 it. it's such a cool song and it sounds great. it's gonna be a hit if they put it on mtv 4 instance.

offspring_freak_3
09-13-2005, 10:22 AM
I wanna kill my radio dj's. They only play crap like MCR and Taking back Sunday. I need to get that XM radio. Is there a monthly subscription to it or something?
same here. they only play crap music. most of them are emo music :mad: :(

StayInTheHouseCarl
09-13-2005, 10:25 AM
the thing i dont get is why they decided to hide it as a secret track. its a great cover, and it should've been able to stand alone as a track.

offspring_freak_3
09-13-2005, 10:32 AM
the thing i dont get is why they decided to hide it as a secret track. its a great cover, and it should've been able to stand alone as a track.
ya but since smash they have a secret song on the cds. is like an tradicion or whatever :rolleyes:

Amazed
09-13-2005, 11:56 AM
By the title of this thread, I mean, am I the only one who has heard the Police cover on the radio? 'Cause I've heard it 3 times this weekend, so I'm pretty sure I'm not delusional. I could be, two of the three times I heard it it was about 3 am, and I can't really trust my senses at that time. So, anyone else know a thing about this? Or does everyone but me know, but because this is pretty much my first time online in weeks(curse you ToS!!), I've been left out of the loop? Or am I just insane?

I love your avatar! And no, I haven't heard the Police cover on the radio :(

EDIT: In fact, I haven't heard it at all...

BananaFish
09-13-2005, 10:20 PM
5 times now!
Oh, if anyone's curious, here's (http://98online.com/) the radio sation I'm talking about. I think you can even listen to the station online...

StayInTheHouseCarl
09-13-2005, 11:22 PM
ya but since smash they have a secret song on the cds. is like an tradicion or whatever :rolleyes:

tradition? but neither CO1 nor Splinter had secret tracks. Smash was the only cd to have anything remotely close to a song. ixnay had "you guys should play heavy metal...", americana had the mariachi "pretty fly". but the GH is the only cd to have an actual full song as a secret track.