PDA

View Full Version : The Official Manchester Thread!!!!!!!!

Bonkers
09-13-2005, 03:57 AM
I'll be there tonight stooded up on the floor bopin to Send more paramedics and The Offspring and that other band thats playing!....I'll also take lots of pictures and film as photography is my hobby!

I thought i'd make this as I hate the thousands of other threads that appear with one post saying "OMGzzzz! Dat Waz Amazing!!!!11111one"

They better play stuff from Smash, if they don't im going to cry!...Alot! And If I get viciously attacked by some 10 year old bopin to stuff from americana and greatest hits i'm going to be rather annoyed :p

See everyone there, and hope you all have a great time and dont get injured..

Peace!

Craig

hippypunk
09-14-2005, 03:59 AM
hey!
last night was exceedingly good and the mosh pit was well fun! where abouts were you all? I joined the mosh pit half way through and was the shortish girl with dark hair and a red t shirt. so if any1 recognises me...hi!

Ive had 2 gigs in a row on school nights. stereophonics on monday, the offspring on tuesday (bit of a contrast i know (offspring were the best!)) so im jiggered!

beth
x

BadAss
09-14-2005, 04:02 AM
In work today after the Offspring gig last night (and then a long drive up the M6 afterwards), but it was so so worth it. :) Where are your pictures, then? I sure wouldn't mind a bootleg of last nights performance :D

Human
09-14-2005, 04:05 AM
I wish I could be that 10 year old that beats you up. I wish. Poor me. :( :mad:

BadAss
09-14-2005, 04:12 AM
And If I get viciously attacked by some 10 year old bopin to stuff from americana and greatest hits i'm going to be rather annoyed :pYou say that as if Americana is an album strictly aimed at kids? It's definitely one of my favourites. The first six tracks are truely awesome. Ixnay has my favourite two or three Offspring songs on of the lot, but Americana is probably the most solid album for me. "Fans" who stereotype other fans by what songs they like/appreciate/relate to the most are the worst. Sorry if I'm overreacting, but it had to be said.

Human
09-14-2005, 04:14 AM
You say that as if Americana is an album strictly aimed at kids? It's definitely one of my favourites. The first six tracks are truely awesome. Ixnay has my favourite two or three Offspring songs on of the lot, but Americana is probably the most solid album for me. "Fans" who stereotype other fans by what songs they like/appreciate/relate to the most are the worst. Sorry if I'm overreacting, but it had to be said.
Americana in my opinion is their worst album.

BadAss
09-14-2005, 04:16 AM
Americana in my opinion is their worst album.Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :) Their first, self titled album is the one I listen to the least. I can't really get in to it at all... Though, I didn't get in to Offspring until Smash/Ixnay, so that may explain something. *Shrug*

Human
09-14-2005, 04:18 AM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :) Their first, self titled album is the one I listen to the least. I can't really get in to it at all. *Shrug*
I don't know what any of their self titled albums are, heck, I don't know the names of most of their songs, all I know is that I have listened and loved them since I was a wee little 4 year old.

Bonkers
09-14-2005, 04:31 AM
I have to say out of my many Gigs, That was one of the best. My Pictures will be up soon, but there's somthing I have to say.

1) Kids - I was at the barrier to the left infront of noodles. I qued for 4 hours to get to the barrier, only to be greeted by Two kids one not even taller than the barrier who had pushed from the front. I tend to have a good time and get in the 'mood' for gigs IE Singing, jumping ect. BUT I got yelled at by some woman behind me becuase I was GETTTING pushed into him. I have nothing agaist kids being there, but when they're at the front no bigger than the barrier itself and they push through to get there, then I get angry

2) Booing..Whats with that? Booing Send More Paramedics, if that was you up there in your band would you like it? If you don't like them fine, dont clap, dont sing, but don't boo.

/rant mode over

Right apart from a banging head ache, ringing in my ears, and bruised ribs. I'm fine and had a great time! :D - stand by for pictures.

icklebabygremlin
09-14-2005, 04:34 AM
OMG that gig was the best time of my life i got next to dexter wen he was outside about 5ish and crowed surfed to pay the man :D

Bonkers
09-14-2005, 04:56 AM
Wules -

Dont put these anywere, feel free to print them, save them, make love to them but please dont put them on your website, in magazines or what ever.

Thanks

http://www.watchforthemonkeys.com/offspring/PIC_0014.JPG

Vicki
09-14-2005, 05:00 AM
Nice pictures! I forgot to take my camera, but it would have got wrecked anyway :rolleyes:

Bonkers
09-14-2005, 05:04 AM
Oh dear...They're a bit big aint they :p

Anyway they're the ones I feel like uploading, In all I took 178 Pictures.

BadAss
09-14-2005, 05:29 AM
Heheheh aye. They'd probably benefit from being re-sized to around 1280x or thereabouts, increasing the DPI in the process, which might take some of that distinct grain away from them. (They look pretty suspect to digital zoom).

Bonkers
09-14-2005, 05:38 AM
Nevar! They can stay as they are :p Becuse i'm incredibly lazy and dont have the program on my laptop. Just save them to your computer and look at them using the picture viewer thingy.

BadAss
09-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Ok then :p

Hamer
09-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Stop using ridiculously large images and install this image resizer, for the sake of your bandwidth and respect:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

Bonkers
09-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Ok whatever. They're gone. Happy.

heaven_is_so_far_away
09-14-2005, 02:45 PM
hey bonkers, i liked em. if poss cud u send me a load in email or summat, like compress the file?

Bonkers
09-14-2005, 02:56 PM
They're not big in kb, just in size.

You can see the ones that were on here at http://www.watchforthemonkeys.com/offsprings
http://www.watchforthemonkeys.com/smp for send more paramedics

I wont bother at all nextime.

Demons in my head
09-14-2005, 03:02 PM
OMG wot an amazing night!!! just got bak from manchester afetr the greatest gig i've eva seen they just keep getting better nd better:D:D still have the big cheesy grin on my face:P nd just to top i tall off spent the nite moshin wiv the sexiest guy i have ever seen in my life:D

FunkyRenegade
09-14-2005, 03:03 PM
I have to say out of my many Gigs, That was one of the best. My Pictures will be up soon, but there's somthing I have to say.

1) Kids - I was at the barrier to the left infront of noodles. I qued for 4 hours to get to the barrier, only to be greeted by Two kids one not even taller than the barrier who had pushed from the front. I tend to have a good time and get in the 'mood' for gigs IE Singing, jumping ect. BUT I got yelled at by some woman behind me becuase I was GETTTING pushed into him. I have nothing agaist kids being there, but when they're at the front no bigger than the barrier itself and they push through to get there, then I get angry

2) Booing..Whats with that? Booing Send More Paramedics, if that was you up there in your band would you like it? If you don't like them fine, dont clap, dont sing, but don't boo.

/rant mode over

Right apart from a banging head ache, ringing in my ears, and bruised ribs. I'm fine and had a great time! :D - stand by for pictures.
I must have been close to you at the start then I was second row directly infront of dexter until I got crushed and moved back a bit. Did anyone else like TLO? I thought they were really good :)

BadAss
09-14-2005, 03:05 PM
They're not big in kb, just in size.

You can see the ones that were on here at http://www.watchforthemonkeys.com/offsprings
http://www.watchforthemonkeys.com/smp for send more paramedics

I wont bother at all nextime.
Awww, don't throw your rattle out of your pram just yet :p It's just courtious to keep a webpage within reasonable dimensions. People appreciate any pictures being posted! If they're going to be so big that they completely screw the forums, just post a link to the folder in which they're contained like you just have done. :)

Bonkers
09-14-2005, 03:13 PM
But come on. If somone takes pictures and shares them you dont expect to be moaned at becuase they are too big.

FunkyRenegade
09-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Just looked at your pics :) in one of the letters organize pics i was stood right infront of the singer.

BadAss
09-14-2005, 03:29 PM
But come on. If somone takes pictures and shares them you dont expect to be moaned at becuase they are too big.Not moaned at, but a polite request to make them a sensible size is a different matter :) I personally don't mind, but it must make life hard on those with less forgiving desktop resolutions. A lot of people still use 800x600 believe it or not. (Some even still use 640x480 - insane).

Bonkers
09-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Meh, Oh well. They're gone and easily got at the urls I gave up there ^^^^ somewere :p

BadAss
09-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Hehe. I've got em downloaded, thanks again. I'll be mailing them in to magazines tomorrow ;)

icklebabygremlin
09-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Bad Habit Manchester (No sound) http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=264562

Rich123
09-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks For those pics there ace, ill upload mine when i get them developed