PDA

View Full Version : gutted!:( glasgow sept 12th

punkrockprincess94
09-13-2005, 11:45 AM
the gig last nite was such a let down! the sound was terrible (due to the fact that the secc is a shit venue) and they were pretty boring to watch. it was hardly the barrowlands in 1998 was it?

i've loved them 4 like 7 years and it's the 6th time ive seen them so its gutting to have to say!

also, i wonder if they'll ever stop including utter crap like pretty fly, y dont you get a job and worst hangover ever,and replace it with something decent?!

any1 agree or am i on my own with this one?

:(

PresidentDavidB
09-13-2005, 11:49 AM
I have to disagree with you there. They sort of have to play Pretty Fly and Why dont you get a job, seeing as theyre popular. And yeah, the sound was a bit off, but they fixed before Offspring started to play. And they played Pay The Man :)

punkrockprincess94
09-13-2005, 11:51 AM
i missed the 1st two bands...any good?

yeah i know they kinda need to play them but that doesnt mean i need 2enjoy hearing them lol

no "session" this time either :(

bet u the warped tour set lists were rad though

PresidentDavidB
09-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Send More Paramedics were, IMO crap. Why have a metal band at a punk gig?

Letters organise were Ok-ish, not something I would pay to see them headline. I met the guy out of TLO at the merch stand.

RobinoZombie
09-13-2005, 12:23 PM
the gig last nite was such a let down! the sound was terrible (due to the fact that the secc is a shit venue) and they were pretty boring to watch. it was hardly the barrowlands in 1998 was it?

i've loved them 4 like 7 years and it's the 6th time ive seen them so its gutting to have to say!

also, i wonder if they'll ever stop including utter crap like pretty fly, y dont you get a job and worst hangover ever,and replace it with something decent?!

well this is exactly what i thought last year when i saw them for a second time, and i was so dissapointed, but i got over it when i saw them at leeds, cause they truly rocked that fucking field.
but what ive seen and heard, this tour seems too be pretty off:S

TheOffspringRule
09-13-2005, 12:33 PM

I think u r on ur own, it was an amazin gig and i was definately not bored. Only problem i had was with the b@st@rd rocksteady people who took my camera off me an made me miss hit that.

Talman
09-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Stop making new threads about the gig. They need to play their famous hits. What's the point in them playing songs that have had no airplay? Sure, the diehard fans would love it, but believe it or not a majority of people there last night weren't diehard fans and only knew the popular shit. get over it.

TheOffspringRule
09-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Stop making new threads about the gig. They need to play their famous hits. What's the point in them playing songs that have had no airplay? Sure, the diehard fans would love it, but believe it or not a majority of people there last night weren't diehard fans and only knew the popular shit. get over it.
yeh non famous stuff wud b amazin but im jus happy to see them live i dnt care wot they play

ermdevi@tion
09-13-2005, 01:42 PM
I'd have to say I kinda agree. The sound wasn't great but at the SECC, what do you expect? The first two bands were sucky. The vocals were totally lost in the mix for them.

But hearing "Pay The Man" was sheer excellency.

Stevodoc
09-13-2005, 01:46 PM
The only thing that was a let down for me was the lack of energy in the crowd, i was Bad Religion at the astoria 2 weeks ago and the fuckin crowd was mental. Where was the heart of the audience?

Nirushika6789
09-13-2005, 02:18 PM
i thought it was great...

heres the list of songs played..they arent in the right order except for the first and last but hey

americana
bad habit
CGMHAY
Pretty Fly
WDUGAJ
Hit that
smash
PAY THE MAN(cut short but during this noodles was smoking)
Long way home
TKAA
gotta get away
all i want
cant repeat
walla walla(fucking hilarious at the tlking parT)
have u ever
gone away
staring at the sun
want u bad
self esteem

i thought it was great although the sound system was crap...u couldnt hear send more paramedics at all...u could hear everything but the lead singers voice

but i still think OFFSPRING were abosoulety(sp) brilliant!!!
i was in the front row

Shorty_symd
09-13-2005, 03:23 PM
I was halfway around the middle...jus ahead from the mosh pit and i thought the offspring kicked ASS :D
i agree that i was hardly able to hear Send more paramedics but i didnt care (didnt anyone found it funny when the crowd were throwin stuff at 'em). TLO were ok...i must say it got the crowd going. The choices of the songs were the best. it would have been really special if they included I Choose, Mota, Jennifer lost the war and LAPD but personally i enjoyed that nite. i was screamin all nite and i couldnt speak the next morning.

overall 10/10
p.s. Pay the man was my least favourite song by the band but after seeing the awesome performance i couldnt stop hearing the song when i got home.

Nirushika6789
09-13-2005, 03:26 PM
I was halfway around the middle...jus ahead from the mosh pit and i thought the offspring kicked ASS :D
i agree that i was hardly able to hear Send more paramedics but i didnt care (didnt anyone found it funny when the crowd were throwin stuff at 'em). TLO were ok...i must say it got the crowd going. The choices of the songs were the best. it would have been really special if they included I Choose, Mota, Jennifer lost the war and LAPD but personally i enjoyed that nite. i was screamin all nite and i couldnt speak the next morning.

overall 10/10
p.s. Pay the man was my least favourite song by the band but after seeing the awesome performance i couldnt stop hearing the song when i got home.
lol me neither i love the part where dexter sings' hoo hoo' i dunno why i just LOVE it

yea i would ahve loved to hear i choose and defy you and i thought it was funny when people starting chucking stuff at SMP...

score for the night : 10/10
3 words : THE OFFSPRING ROCK!

Fiver
09-13-2005, 03:31 PM
i don't think the crowd were allowed to be energetic, the security was totally tight at my side of the crowd- they threatened to take my camera, stopped mosh pits forming and blinded us all if we dared jump more than a centimetre off the ground.

the offspring rocked, the venue didn't.

TheOffspringRule
09-13-2005, 03:43 PM
i don't think the crowd were allowed to be energetic, the security was totally tight at my side of the crowd- they threatened to take my camera, stopped mosh pits forming and blinded us all if we dared jump more than a centimetre off the ground.

anybody no the rocksteady security song? something bout them bein fat and gay? They took my camera coz they are fat and gay

glescapunk
09-14-2005, 03:37 AM

:(yer on yer own a thought they were fuckin great only bad thing was the bar was shut too early and you cant take drink into the hall the cunts

Shorty_symd
09-14-2005, 07:11 AM

the security guards hardly did anythin where i was. there was a girl with a digital camera right in front of me and i was using my fone to video tape some songs. i was jumpin around like an idiot and the mosh pit was huge. only time i could remember the security guards were when they were flashing their flashlights at the beginning and when they took away these ppl next to me becuase there was a really strong smell of something.

venue kicked ass, gig kicked ass..overall it kicked ass