PDA

View Full Version : send more paramedics

wave to me at brixton
09-13-2005, 12:21 PM
ive read the reviews about them because im goin to brixton and they sound crap but i just wanna no how long will i have to go through the pain of listenin to their music cause my mum and dad r goin and the only just like the offspring so i just wanna getthem prepared and ytf have the offspring decided to play with them its like from one extreme to another !!!!

guy im the same person as before i just keep forgettin my password!!!lol

Tijs
09-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Me and Bart (BuddyHolly) liked them quite a lot. A LOT better than VanillaSky atleast.
But they'll play around 20/30 minutes I guess.

Whitey_22
09-13-2005, 03:45 PM
They played for 20 minutes at Glasgow...but I think they stopped early because they were getting a lot of abuse between songs and I think the only one who didn't get hit with water from the crowd was the drummer. The bassist was right in front of me and he got a right soaking, lol.

Nekrosangelo
09-13-2005, 11:57 PM
I was pissed of at people for doing that.

So what if you don't like the band. Shut the fuck up and wait. They're there doing a job to try and keep you amused.

I would have expected it at a local gig but not one like this.

If anyone wants to bitch at me about this take it up through e-Mails. Wanna discuss it sure enough on the board.

Bonkers
09-14-2005, 05:12 AM
Here Here!

They aint great, but No one deserves to be booed or pelted with bottles.

powerhead'05
09-14-2005, 05:38 AM
They were a disgrace. Who the hell signed them up? They couldn't be more different from The Offspring!

Nekrosangelo
09-14-2005, 08:00 AM
Yeah, maybe the point was to get a diversity going. It worked for my friend. He wouldn't have traveled three and a half hours to see the offspring by themselves but with Send More Paramedics supporting he came and loved both bands.

BuddyHolly
09-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Just like Tijs I liked them. I liked their music and they sound pretty well live.

TheOffspringRule
09-14-2005, 08:35 AM
i think half the reason people got pissed with them at glasgow was the distinct lack of volume an all you could hear was drums which really got boring after a while

PresidentDavidB
09-14-2005, 09:59 AM
Yeah, the PA was awful in bothe support acts. IMO = Send More Paramedics are Crap.

Letters Organise ok if you like very screamo (and i mean that) music.

I didnt throw any cups, but i laughed when it hit them. TLO didnt get hit.

West
09-14-2005, 10:04 AM
SMP Were alright, not my think :(

Nirushika6789
09-14-2005, 10:06 AM
They played for 20 minutes at Glasgow...but I think they stopped early because they were getting a lot of abuse between songs and I think the only one who didn't get hit with water from the crowd was the drummer. The bassist was right in front of me and he got a right soaking, lol.
whereabouts where u cos i was right in front of the bass player too!!

Nirushika6789
09-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Here Here!

They aint great, but No one deserves to be booed or pelted with bottles.
it was only paper cups and it was funny..espiecially when it hit the lead singer right in the middle of the song!

Nekrosangelo
09-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Ok, then if you ever play a gig I'll show up and throw cups of water at you in the middle of songs. Let's see if you laugh then.

Greebo
09-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Shut the fuck up you annoying pricks. Get some taste or common sense. Send More Paramedics are fucking awesome. Yeah, theyre a bit different but that doesnt give you the right to throw things at them.

im amazed no one got smacked in the face for throwing things to be honest. if someone next to me did that id hit them.

Nirushika6789
09-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Shut the fuck up you annoying pricks. Get some taste or common sense. Send More Paramedics are fucking awesome. Yeah, theyre a bit different but that doesnt give you the right to throw things at them.

im amazed no one got smacked in the face for throwing things to be honest. if someone next to me did that id hit them.

i didnt say they were not good...i like some of the songs but u couldnt hear the dude singing...thats the only reason why people threw stuff.
i think they are good and i think its class they way they dress they are v.unusual which ROCKS!

Greebo
09-14-2005, 12:06 PM
wasnt aimed at anyone imparticular just losers that throw things at bands they dont like. its pointless and ruins it for loads of other people. Its only good if its the Rasmus at Reading festival, though that was quite harsh.

Nirushika6789
09-14-2005, 12:08 PM
wasnt aimed at anyone imparticular just losers that throw things at bands they dont like. its pointless and ruins it for loads of other people. Its only good if its the Rasmus at Reading festival, though that was quite harsh.
i personally didnt throw anything but it was all guys i think that was throwing the stuff

during one of the songs the lead singer of SMP was laughing cos he got soaked..at one stage they were all smiling cos someone soaked him again

Nirushika6789
09-14-2005, 12:09 PM
and some idiot through a paper cup at dexter...now i didnt understandthat
why the fuck throw something at the singer of the band u came to see???!!!

but he just seen it coming and moved to the side...go dexter lol

Ps i cant remember noodles' exact word but it was something like this

Noodles...man u guess arent only class rockers but ure all so damn sexy
Dexter...yea ure all sexy beasts!!

i thought that was cool...and funny that got the crown going

Greebo
09-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Yeah theyre awesome dudes and I think they were expecting a reaction like that. I just think that if all the kids that aren't 10 actually gave them a chance theyd find them entertaining. Ive seen them 4 times now and they never bored me.

I guess i'll see what happens on fri and sat.

Nirushika6789
09-14-2005, 12:15 PM
Yeah theyre awesome dudes and I think they were expecting a reaction like that. I just think that if all the kids that aren't 10 actually gave them a chance theyd find them entertaining. Ive seen them 4 times now and they never bored me.

I guess i'll see what happens on fri and sat.
people wouldnt have done it only for the fact u couldnt hear the guy singing...we were all shouting'we cant hear you' when he finished the first song but he must not have heard :confused:

pete90
09-14-2005, 12:55 PM
hi im pete im a big hardcore punk fan and have liked smp for a long time now. i didnt appreciate the dickhed offspring fans tellin smp to fuck off, so i was jus shoutin fuck you to the fans. i got picked out at random to back stage and meet the offspring and noodles (the guitarest) said he thinks smp are insane and was tellin me some stuff bout them, while i was back there i was lookin out for smp but had no luck in spotting them..smp played an amazing set and finished with their signature song, zombie crew, the singer said u only need to know 2 words and the crowd jus said fuck off. they all cheered when they came on but they didnt av a clue what was comin haha the singer started to rip this head apart so all in all it was a good show, apart from the fans

and if you cant tell what he is singin how come i was singin along with him they played an amzing set and i was so happy that noodles liked them

i traveled for about 2 hours to see the surporting act which was the zombie driven mad send more paramedics. i loved ever miniute of them all 30

Fat Boy Samsam
09-14-2005, 01:00 PM
hi im pete im a big hardcore punk fan and have liked smp for a long time now. i didnt appreciate the dickhed offspring fans tellin smp to fuck off, so i was jus shoutin fuck you to the fans. i got picked out at random to back stage and meet the offspring and noodles (the guitarest) said he thinks smp are insane and was tellin me some stuff bout them, while i was back there i was lookin out for smp but had no luck in spotting them..smp played an amazing set and finished with their signature song, zombie crew, the singer said u only need to know 2 words and the crowd jus said fuck off. they all cheered when they came on but they didnt av a clue what was comin haha the singer started to rip this head apart so all in all it was a good show, apart from the fans

and if you cant tell what he is singin how come i was singin along with him they played an amzing set and i was so happy that noodles liked them

i traveled for about 2 hours to see the surporting act which was the zombie driven mad send more paramedics. i loved ever miniute of them all 30

Nice response dude.
I'm going to Brixton this weekend and am actually looking forward to seeing SMP - not that I know any of their stuff - but I wanna see just how bad (or good) they are.

Whitey_22
09-14-2005, 01:09 PM
whereabouts where u cos i was right in front of the bass player too!!

During SMP I was probably about 15 rows back from the barrier, but in line with the bassist. After that I moved to the centre 2/3 rows from barrier waiting for The Offspring to come one. I was on my ass at one point when the whole crowd moved to the left suddenly for some reason, lol.

Nirushika6789
09-14-2005, 01:22 PM
During SMP I was probably about 15 rows back from the barrier, but in line with the bassist. After that I moved to the centre 2/3 rows from barrier waiting for The Offspring to come one. I was on my ass at one point when the whole crowd moved to the left suddenly for some reason, lol.
oh ok

iwas right below the bassist and when offsprign came on i was right in front of noodles..u can guesshow happy i was ,,look at the avatar lol

pete90
09-14-2005, 01:22 PM
If You Dont Like Smp Dont Boo Them Or Tell Them To Fuck Off They Are An Upcomin Band, Its Not Cool To Disrespect Such Great Musicians Jus Listen To The Band Dont Judge Them On The First Song Its Pointless Im Not Much Of A Huge Offspring Fan I Dont Stand There Booing Them I Respect Them For The Years Of Music They Have Done
If You Want To Say What About The Singer Download Any Song And Look At The Lyrics, They Are Amazing, Esspesially In Half Life How Ever He Can Remember Them Words I Do Not Know There Is Like 40 Words Ending In 'tion'...i Sugest U Download It Rite Now, Infact Go Buy Their Albums Now

Bonkers
09-14-2005, 01:30 PM
To the person who said, it was fun to throw cups of water at them, why? I know that if my band got bottled or thrown water at, we would down instruments and walk off. Givepeople a chance. If they aint your cup of tea wait for the band you like come on.

For those who hate them and for those who love them...This guy wants to party like we're FUCKING dead!

http://www.watchforthemonkeys.com/smp/PIC_0045.JPG

Nirushika6789
09-14-2005, 01:37 PM
For those who hate them and for those who love them...This guy wants to party like we're FUCKING dead!

http://www.watchforthemonkeys.com/smp/PIC_0045.JPG
that pic rocks
i took 21 of them at glasgow...ill post them when they are processed ..ill have them on friday:D

i got loads wheere he was screaming right into the camera and he looked a lot better in glasgow than he does there...

and my better i mean more zombie like

Hailz
09-14-2005, 01:52 PM
I didnt think SMP were great,But I felt really sorry for them,with all the chanting and abuse and so on...the people next to me were shouting and I just felt really bad :(

Fat Boy Samsam
09-14-2005, 01:57 PM
I wonder if shouting and chanting at SMP is really a compliment in disguise.

After all, none of us are going to forget them in a long while.

Now- if only those boys could turn that emotion into CD sales - we'd see them on a Kerrang special yet!!! Roll over Green day, SMP are cumming ?

pete90
09-14-2005, 01:57 PM
haha i had ppl around me sayin fuck off to them at the back so i jus said fuck you there is no need
i loved it how smp still played a full set cuz i took along time 2 see them and tht was a real pleaser for me:)

Nirushika6789
09-14-2005, 01:59 PM
I wonder if shouting and chanting at SMP is really a compliment in disguise.

After all, none of us are going to forget them in a long while.

Now- if only those boys could turn that emotion into CD sales - we'd see them on a Kerrang special yet!!! Roll over Green day, SMP are cumming ?
lol yea that would be great

and ure right no one is gonna forget them in a hurry....they stick out thats for sure,,musically and with appearance

Whitey_22
09-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah, they have a great gimmick in the zombie thing. Everyone at Glasgow will remember them anyway. I was really impressed with the bassist's speed and the guitarist looked like his playing was shit-hot. I say 'looked like' because the sound was so terrible we couldn't really hear him. The singer wasn't audible either...but I could tell he was passionate. The sound wasn't the bands fault at all, though...

Nirushika6789
09-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Yeah, they have a great gimmick in the zombie thing. Everyone at Glasgow will remember them anyway. I was really impressed with the bassist's speed and the guitarist looked like his playing was shit-hot. I say 'looked like' because the sound was so terrible we couldn't really hear him. The singer wasn't audible either...but I could tell he was passionate. The sound wasn't the bands fault at all, though...
definitely...although i could hear the guitarist and the bassist really well i just couldnt hear the lead singer :(

Bonkers
09-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Kerrang? You sad sad people ;)

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
09-16-2005, 07:29 AM
They suck BIG TIME!!!!! If you call that music..... well then there must be something wrong....

oliross
09-16-2005, 09:18 AM
i love s.m.p sooo much that i went 2 the gig drest as a zombie :P
it was awsome because so many people asked 4 pictures with me and my friend( drest as zombies)
if u dislike them....download there stuff and it is alot better than it sounded live.....the sound just wasnt very good......plz contact me at hammerboy@hotmail.co.uk so we can talk bout the gig!

pete90
09-16-2005, 11:52 AM
aye man like i said everythin about them is amazin, the guitarin drummin bassin(haha) singin and lyrics and the fact every song is about zombies haha

if anyone has pics of smp from the shows please add me or email them to me:) its wud be highly appreciated divepunkrocker1@hotmail.co.uk