PDA

View Full Version : Offspring are assholes?

BuddyHolly
09-13-2005, 01:33 PM
This is what a guy from 28 Days (a cool Australian band wich were the supportact for The Offspring during an Australian tour) said about The Offspring:

AccessAllAreas.net.au: With your live shows, have you had any crazy experiences with bands that you can tell us about?

Jedi from 28Days: The Offspring – they ended up being an absolute bunch of assholes, to the point where they had a guy at the back of the stage singing along and they had sequences playing along with them and that sort of thing. Never said a word to us the whole tour, they had their own catering after the show and they said we weren’t allowed in there and at the last show they invited us up there and we just went stick it and just ordered pizza’s instead.

bd007h
09-13-2005, 01:34 PM
sounds like a load of shit to me. Maybe they are just jealous.

SkyRocker
09-13-2005, 01:39 PM
From what i heard, they're pretty cool and nice guys.
But this could happen, he's just jealous, yeah, surely.

splinteredmind
09-13-2005, 01:41 PM
this coming from a weezer fan. HA!! island in the sun is good tho. the new stuff suuucks. GO THE OFFSPRING WHO ARE NOT ASSHOLES

splinteredmind
09-13-2005, 01:42 PM
btw, if it says upo the top that this thred is by me it aint. fuck knows whts goin on

Fat Boy Samsam
09-13-2005, 01:45 PM
btw, if it says upo the top that this thred is by me it aint. fuck knows whts goin on

Huh? I think you are having a stupid moment :D

Sinister
09-13-2005, 02:02 PM
they had a guy at the back of the stage singing along and they had sequences playing along with them and that sort of thing

and what the hell does that have to do with being assholes ?

Cejus
09-13-2005, 02:02 PM
It could be true. But perhaps he's just jealous.

Zee
09-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Well dude, ask Cypres Hill's opinion about the Offspring and you won't get nice text at all. You just can't please everyone and the band takes care only of playing and the other crew works out the others such as catering...

Zee
09-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Here's the Cypress Hill story if you're interested...

"At the very beginning of this tour I was skeptical of the whole thing Offspring because I wasn't really into their shit at all. Not musically or performance and my thing is, I like to be on the road with groups I can watch or groups that I want to watch. I knew from jump only our hardcore fans would be comin to see us on this bill. Shit if I was a Cypress fan I wouldn't want to pay that much money to see my band play for an hour if that. So I give props to those who did show. Now everyone know that I'm online more time than most artist, I went over to the Offspring site as I do the Rage (shout to people on aim & message board) to see what the vibe was. At first all that was goin on was Cypress bashing. Things like "why are they touring with those fuckin potheads", or "they shouldn't tour with Cypress they suck". Or my personal favorite "Man we're gonna have to deal with all those crazy ass Cypress fans, their too crazy plus their just gonna leave after Cypress finishes". Reading all these things got me a lil concerned on how we'd be received and how our own fans would take this but politics play into music as well so because someone asked for a very big favor we ended up having to do this tour. I'll never let anyone force me into a position like that again. With Bizkit it was cool cuz at least it was still kind of hardcore and their fans were cool too and Bizkit liked to party it was a cool vibe where as these guy we seen 4 or 5 times the whole tour.

They didn't smoke and in the beginning of the tour they tried to tell us we couldn't smoke on the tour with a list of other rules which flew out the window quickly. We don't take so well to people trying to dish out rules to us cuz I grew up breakin rules. It was hardest dealin with some of their crew guys, sometimes they think they are the stars and they try to power trip on people when their bosses are the one's headlining the show. But as they soon found out we were not the one's to be power tripped on. We went by our own rules but respected their tour so that means we didn't create any problems. At least until one of their guys disrespected one of our guys then I had to go in there and set someone's ass straight which led to Dexter (lead singer Offspring) coming to apologize for his people lack of professionalism. Now I respect the fact that he came at me and tried to make things right but the whole tour went on like this and a crew will only do what their bosses tell them to do or let them do so he could have made things right early on. Bizkit made sure shit was cool all the time where these guys made shit hard for us. I think it was the fact that thru most of the tour I'd say 95% of the time we were kickin their asses on stage. At times we wouldn't get a sound-check. That's a move you pull when you wanna slowdown the momentum of the group goin on before you if they're kickin your ass night to night.

They couldn't do anything to stop the momentum of the almighty Cypress Hill or the loyal soldiers from causing havoc in their house. You could tell the separation in the crowd most times cuz you could see our fans start up the mosh pit while they're fans would either just stand there or move away from the pit with a look of disgust on their faces. But a funny thing started to happen in a lot of these places, some of their fans started to get into our show jumpin in mosh pits with our fans and before you know it they were converts. Even goin back to their site some people had changed their opinion of us not all but some. But these were the things we were dealing with so we were waiting to hurry and get off this tour. I mean we rocked the shows but the vibe wasn't there it wasn't the right tour for us in my opinion.

Man, some of their fans were big time haters. There was one show where you can tell it was one of the few shows they had that was their night. Only a few of our soldiers were there but this one chick waited til our last song and decides she wants to all of a sudden flip us the bird 2 finger style. So Sen Dog in true Cypress fashion says to her during the breakdown in "Rock Super Star" "Yeah I see you got you 2 lil fingers up, but you can take on and stick it in your ass, then! Take the other one and stick it in the other whole and go fuck yourself biiiiiiiaaaaaatttttccccchhhhh!!!!" Then I finished the rest of the song. It was so fuckin funny when he said it, it almost threw me off. Luckily I kept it together and finished the song but it wasn't easy."

At the time that was hilarious to read, poor guy. My dad's more powerful than yours!

BuddyHolly
09-13-2005, 02:30 PM
But still it seems like they aren't the nice guys I thought they were :(

Dexter Powerhead
09-13-2005, 03:18 PM
the asshole is himself...................the offspring are gods

Punk 102
09-13-2005, 03:28 PM

How would you make this assumption? Just because one gay ass band said they were dicks doesn't mean they are.

nameless
09-13-2005, 04:01 PM
like people say, you dont get on with everyone you meet and as for the catering and stuff, i very much that was down to the band themselves!

and the guy from cypress hill seemed to think that an offspring fan moshing to another band means theyre a converted fan?!

neocon58
09-13-2005, 05:34 PM
I really couldn't care less if the offspring were fuckheads to their openers, I like their music and I'll never be an a band that opens for them anyway.

TRUSTpunk
09-13-2005, 06:05 PM
These are rumors , hell I saw Cypress Hill in Burgettstown, PA in 2004 and guess
who where one of the bands ? The Offspring was there and they seemed to have
gotten along pretty well , I saw Higgins watching C.H. from backstage.

This is all Bullshit because if it where true , Cypress Hill would cancel
their show at X-Fest and let The Offspring do their thing. All B.S. :mad:

GreenTerror
09-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Why was he comparing Offspring to Limp Bizkit anyway? Freaking idiot needs to learn how to spell too...

leo3375
09-13-2005, 09:31 PM
From the sounds of it, people have issues with the Offspring's crew and management, not the band members themselves. The Offspring are incredibly nice guys and very down to earth.

To put it another way: If Dexter was an asshole to me when we first met almost 8 years ago, I seriously doubt I would still be a fan now.

Auto
09-13-2005, 09:42 PM
If Offspring where assholes do you think they would have so many fans... plus they take the time to get to know fans... who gives a shit about what other bands have to say about they guys it's wat we think about them and how they act toward us that counts...

Human
09-13-2005, 09:45 PM
That guy is a freak. I hate him with all my life. Calling Offspring aholes? Some nerve he has some nerve.

RobinoZombie
09-14-2005, 01:52 AM
and what the hell does that have to do with being assholes ?

yeah i agree!
so higgins makes them an asshole or what?
sounds like bullhonky
they are just jelouse

Autonomist
09-14-2005, 03:29 AM
28 Days... I've read some other interviews with them in various magazines, and they seem like the biggest crybaby rockstars in Aus. None of their music has ever been anything particularly special either, their last album did so poorly they where dropped from their label.

Cypress Hill... not a big fan either, though there are a few tunes of them I've come across and enjoyed to a degree. I don't really see the significane to anything that the dude wrote, other than he had a few problems with the band's crew which Dexter apologised for anyway. Jeezus fucking christ, all these claims seem a bit empty if you ask me.

As for whether or not they are "assholes," can't really say I give a fuck.

neocon58
09-14-2005, 03:30 AM
28 Days... I've read some other interviews with them in various magazines, and they seem like the biggest crybaby rockstars in Aus. None of their music has ever been anything particularly special either, their last album did so poorly they where dropped from their label.

Cypress Hill... not a big fan either, though there are a few tunes of them I've come across and enjoyed to a degree. I don't really see the significane to anything that the dude wrote, other than he had a few problems with the band's crew which Dexter apologised for anyway. Jeezus fucking christ, all these claims seem a bit empty if you ask me.

As for whether or not they are "assholes," can't really say I give a fuck.

1. Great post
2. Nice Sig :D

Vera
09-14-2005, 04:43 AM
the asshole is himself...................the offspring are gods
`The sad thing is that you probably mean that.

Autonomist - Right on. Who the fuck cares? Everyone can be an asshole. In fact, everyone IS a potential asshole. It's not surprising.

Apathy
09-14-2005, 06:40 AM

It's impossible to tell. The Offspring invited them to the back room the last day, but they didn't show? It's Possible they were going to apologize for never letting them up there before, Had dinner with them or whatever. There's no way to know if he's just bullshitting either. and Cypress Hill? They just don't like the offspring because They interferred with their pot addiction. Honestly, If you actually meet the offspring, they're awesomely nice.

Evka.pl
09-14-2005, 06:57 AM
i've read a review of the offspring. the journalist wrote he wasn't sure about the band but when he'd seen dex and noodles giving their fans autographs out on a cold (it was winter in poland-fuckin' freazing) he beliveded in them. they're a bunch of nice guys that care about their fans. i don't like comparing bands but limp bizkit came to poland once, sold a few thousand tickets and just a few seconds before the show they cancelled it. that sucked. i've read a lot of articles about the offspring which say that the guys r really cool, and not acting like stars. so i don't know what's up with these negative opinions. maybe CH got into a fight with someone from the offspring crew..but i think it was nice of dex to come and apologize 4 whatever it was. it shows he's a proffesional.

ashtray_girl_1
09-14-2005, 07:41 AM
The offspring are not assholes, but hey, they are not gods either!They are very close to being gods, though...well, maybe in a couple of years! :D

Lenny
09-14-2005, 07:48 AM
Does it really matter what The Offspring are like? I mean it doesnt affect any of our lives. So really who cares if they are arseholes.
________
Bondage Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/fetish/bdsm/)

ashtray_girl_1
09-14-2005, 07:55 AM
it does affect our lives!after loving them for all these years, it'd be quiet a dissapointment if we found out they were complete assholes!!!

platinumpt
09-14-2005, 07:56 AM
Almost everything has been said. Anyway, I'd like to reinforce Autonomist's opinion.

About Cypress Hill, I honestly don't know any of their songs (or at least I think I don't know), but I've heard their name hundreds of times before. But the guy's writing is shit... he looks like a nigga wannabe, it's ridiculous. He's even worse than Fred Durst.

Evka.pl
09-14-2005, 08:06 AM
Does it really matter what The Offspring are like? I mean it doesnt affect any of our lives. So really who cares if they are arseholes.
actually i do. 4 me the most important thing about a rock artist is if he's reliable...that i believe in what he's singin' about. i wouln't like to listen to some assholes:) fortunately the guys from the offspring r ok. i think they're honest and i don't give a damn that some band from australia didn't get the same catering (boo hoo). i've also read an interview with dex asking about other bands from the varped tour. he said they had been hanging out with other bands a lot and fly on dexter's plane. :)

ashtray_girl_1
09-14-2005, 08:08 AM
^
word!

10imgs

SkyRocker
09-14-2005, 08:09 AM
actually i do. 4 me the most important thing about a rock artist is if he's reliable...that i believe in what he's singin' about. i wouln't like to listen to some assholes:) fortunately the guys from the offspring r ok. i think they're honest and i don't give a damn that some band from australia didn't get the same catering (boo hoo). i've also read an interview with dex asking about other bands from the varped tour. he said they had been hanging out with other bands a lot and fly on dexter's plane. :)
Agreed. The band surely don't care about who is loving them or not. It's all about jealousy here.

Lenny
09-14-2005, 08:10 AM
I dont care about 28days' catering problem, it doesnt affect me, its nots my money spent. I dont listen to any band because they are alright as people. I listen to them because I like the sound they produce, the lyrics are good, not because I like them as people or they're not arseholes.
________
ROLL A JOINT (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

platinumpt
09-14-2005, 08:13 AM
I dont listen to any band because they are alright as people. I listen to them because I like the sound they produce, the lyrics are good, not because I like them as people or they're not arseholes.
Yeah I agree, that's the most important, because sometimes you don't even have the chance to meet the band, so you never know if they're assholes or not...

Evka.pl
09-14-2005, 08:18 AM
I dont care about 28days' catering problem, it doesnt affect me, its nots my money spent. I dont listen to any band because they are alright as people. I listen to them because I like the sound they produce, the lyrics are good, not because I like them as people or they're not arseholes.
of course it's not that i like offspring because they're nice guys, it's just that i don't like a dishonest artist. i like the sound of the band, they're good musicians and i like the lyrics of their songs.

killer_queen
09-14-2005, 08:21 AM
They might be. Who cares? I'm not gonna get married with one of them. And being an asshole isn't that bad. All my friends, family and I are assholes.

Lenny
09-14-2005, 08:22 AM
Really though does it matter if they are a bunch of arseholes, NO! Its not gonna stop me listening to them. An honest artist, who cares if they are honest they produce good music thats all I need.
________
Washington medical marijuana (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)

Evka.pl
09-14-2005, 08:25 AM
They might be. Who cares? I'm not gonna get married with one of them. And being an asshole isn't that bad. All my friends, family and I are assholes.

LOL. in my opinion being an asshole is bad..but then again we're all acting like assholes sometimes right? but there's a difference between acting like an ass sometimes and being one 24/7:D

Lenny
09-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Define arsehole then. Because some people may say someone is an arsehole, but they are saying it because they're friends not because they are an arsehole. Others say it because the person is a genuine arsehole.
________
ROLL A JOINT (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

Evka.pl
09-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Define arsehole then. Because some people may say someone is an arsehole, but they are saying it because they're friends not because they are an arsehole. Others say it because the person is a genuine arsehole.
oh sorry. i meant an asshole in it's negative meaning. guess it's just a matter of different culture. in my country we just don't have a positive meaning of a negative word....do i make sense? ;)

Lenny
09-14-2005, 08:55 AM
Yeah that makes full sense to me. I suppose it is different cultures, but hey at least we got good music. Bye now
________
SweetAnika19 live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/SweetAnika19)

BuddyHolly
09-14-2005, 09:16 AM
Well, I also don't think The Offspring are assholes at the moment, but maybe there were more storys like that wich could make it true. But if these 2 storys are they only ones I don't believe they're assholes.

Amazed
09-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Sometimes when I read things like this, this comes to my mind:

There are often people who say "I've met them and they're nice!". My sister's boyfriend met Dexter at Grand Hotel in Stockholm many years ago and he said that he didn't remember it very well, but he didn't think Dexter was very nice. So maybe they're nice to their fans (I mean, if they were complete assholes to their fans, people would stop liking them) and they're assholes to everyone else? It's just a thought, and I hope it's not true.

offspringing
09-14-2005, 11:30 AM
i dont think they are assholes becasue at the warped tour i was hanging out by there bus and when they came out they talked to me and they acted really cool about not like pass by and not say anything. atom was practiceing and when he was done(we were watching him) he asked my girlfriend if she wanted a drum stick and then he signed it. afterwards he just talk to us like we were his friend he asked about the warpped tour and how everything was and that kinda a shit. higgins did like the same thing and he let us on stage. when i talk to greg he was really nice and i made him smile which was awsome. noodles was just cool to talk to he talk to us like regular people i guess its because i talk him like that. dexter was really cool i took a pic with him and got his autograph (i got everyones). i also talk to him for a little bit but i really couldnt talk to him alot becasue so many people were crowding around him asking for this and that so i really couldnt talk that much. they are really nice people and if they were being "assholes" it was proble because they were acting like one to them or they were just tired or stressed out. hey you have to think they are normal people too and they have bad days too.

StayInTheHouseCarl
09-14-2005, 11:38 AM
i agree. it may be of a suprise to some people, but the offspring, and other musicians and famous people ARE HUMAN. they have bad days, get annoyed, and can be assholes like everyone else.

Amazed
09-14-2005, 11:39 AM
i dont think they are assholes becasue at the warped tour i was hanging out by there bus and when they came out they talked to me and they acted really cool about not like pass by and not say anything. atom was practiceing and when he was done(we were watching him) he asked my girlfriend if she wanted a drum stick and then he signed it. afterwards he just talk to us like we were his friend he asked about the warpped tour and how everything was and that kinda a shit. higgins did like the same thing and he let us on stage. when i talk to greg he was really nice and i made him smile which was awsome. noodles was just cool to talk to he talk to us like regular people i guess its because i talk him like that. dexter was really cool i took a pic with him and got his autograph (i got everyones). i also talk to him for a little bit but i really couldnt talk to him alot becasue so many people were crowding around him asking for this and that so i really couldnt talk that much. they are really nice people and if they were being "assholes" it was proble because they were acting like one to them or they were just tired or stressed out. hey you have to think they are normal people too and they have bad days too.

oh god, you're so lucky! *jealous*

platinumpt
09-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Oh well... I think I'll just unsubscribe this thread, 'cause I'm very jealous at the moment :rolleyes:

Anyway, unfortunately I was never able to hang around after the shows, because of my transport schedules. The Offspring never came to my hometown, and when I go see them, no matter how hard I try, schedule problems with transports happen everytime. It's fucked up, I never have the chance to meet them.

IdiotOfTheDay
09-14-2005, 05:50 PM
"We don't take so well to people trying to dish out rules to us cuz I grew up breakin rules."

I don't take so well to people saying whiny things like that. What's that supposed to mean, that they were the kid who refused to color in preschool and just sat around breaking the crayons?