PDA

View Full Version : Just got home from Manchester...Excellent

West
09-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Didnt stop singing, the whole concert was superb, the acoustics were just right, and Dex sounded brill as ever...Superb concert!

waterworth1988
09-13-2005, 06:01 PM
I just got back too, and I have to agree that it was a fantastic concert, and they sure know how to get the crowd going! :D

West
09-13-2005, 06:17 PM
yup, who knows lol, we might have gone past each other there...Small world, but big great gig...Gotta do it again!

godkiller
09-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Just been to the Manchester Apollo gig too :D Was awesome... I preferred it last year tho 'cause I was standing... this year... row Q seating... not the best place to be during a gig lol... I was considering jumping off the balcony lol, but decided its not the best of ideas lol. Anyway, the lights, the sound, the band, the songs.... all absolutely amazing!! Cant wait till they come round again, hopefully at the MEN tho, the Apollo's too small!

West
09-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Just been to the Manchester Apollo gig too :D Was awesome... I preferred it last year tho 'cause I was standing... this year... row Q seating... not the best place to be during a gig lol... I was considering jumping off the balcony lol, but decided its not the best of ideas lol. Anyway, the lights, the sound, the band, the songs.... all absolutely amazing!! Cant wait till they come round again, hopefully at the MEN tho, the Apollo's too small!

Lol I was in O 15, Where abouts were ya?

Martin_200
09-13-2005, 09:13 PM
I too have just got home - I have driven 460 miles today to see Offspring at Manchester, was it worth it? Absolutely! About the 10th time I have seen them live now!

I was in Row U, seat 15, basically the furthest row back, sort of central. I tried recording some vids with my mobile but the sound appears to be borked due to being too loud for my phones microphone! Did anyone get any pictures or videos? E-mail them to me and I'll stick them on the web for all to see offspring@roverturbo.com

Can't sleep now as I am dosed up on Red Bull!

Roll on Friday and Saturday, seeing Offspring at Brixton as well :D

West - were you the guy with the Grey C of 1 T-Shirt? If you were, I think you and I were the biggest fans in the upper tier :cool: I was gonna nudge you when you went past for the loo/a drink and say we should storm the VIP standing area on the encore, but couldnt be arsed in the end.

Vicki
09-14-2005, 01:29 AM
The gig was mad lol! I was stood at the front in the middle for the most of it, then about 4 Offspring songs in the crowd where going sick and I was constantly being kicked and punched (purposely) by the people in front. So we decided to go to the back because we could see more as the tall people in front blocked everything for lil ol' me :p

They where awesome, loved it. Got to chat to both support bands aswell which was kinda cool :cool:

jenna_1989
09-14-2005, 02:49 AM
I was there last night
Was somewhere in the middle with the big pit
dont normally like pits
but i needed a good old skank =P
(i was the tall - later on topless - girl, dark hair)
It was ace!!
But im VERY bruised!
This one guy just kept causing me pain

Few questions
what were the support bands called?
First were a bit.. uh.. crap
Second werent bad
(just we werent expecting a second... so it annoyed us)
And did anyone get a set list?
Or remember the order?

Thanx ^_^

BadAss
09-14-2005, 03:29 AM
The support bands were The Letters Organize (http://thelettersorganize.com/) and Send More Paramedics (http://www.sendmoreparamedics.com/SendMoreParamedics.htm). You weren't expecting two support bands? Try reading this website more, there were always two support bands lined up :p There had to be really, Offspring weren't exactly playing an epic set (in the sense of length anyway; it was epic in its own right though, what with every song being fucking awesome).

As for pics, I managed to get a few! Here's a sampler:

http://www.gazhenry.f2s.com/photos/05-09-13/DSCN0004.jpg

(New to this forum by the way, so, urm, hi everyone!)

waterworth1988
09-14-2005, 03:35 AM
The gig was mad lol! I was stood at the front in the middle for the most of it, then about 4 Offspring songs in the crowd where going sick and I was constantly being kicked and punched (purposely) by the people in front. So we decided to go to the back because we could see more as the tall people in front blocked everything for lil ol' me :p

They where awesome, loved it. Got to chat to both support bands aswell which was kinda cool :cool:

I was right at the front central too, I bet I was right near you lol, I am 6ft3 and I was wearing a creamy coloured t shirt, and I was recording most of the show on my mobile phone which was strapped to my hand just in case I lost it!!!

Buit I wasnt kicking anybody lol, im not that mean :p

Did you see me lol??????????????? :confused:

Jeremy1985
09-14-2005, 03:48 AM
has anyone got the setlist for the gig.

hippypunk
09-14-2005, 03:52 AM
I was there last night
Was somewhere in the middle with the big pit
dont normally like pits
but i needed a good old skank =P
(i was the tall - later on topless - girl, dark hair)
It was ace!!
But im VERY bruised!
This one guy just kept causing me pain

Few questions
what were the support bands called?
First were a bit.. uh.. crap
Second werent bad
(just we werent expecting a second... so it annoyed us)
And did anyone get a set list?
Or remember the order?

Thanx ^_^

hey! i know who you were! hey! i joined the pit half way through, it ruled! i was the short girl with a red t shirt on and dark hair in a pony tail. it was so slippery in ther! u jump into some1 and slip straight off them from all the sweat! wow, the inside of my lip is cut, one of my front teeth is jarred back slightly and my shoulder blade is dead. best night ive had in a long while!!

beth
x

p.s im new to the forum so aloha!!

icklebabygremlin
09-14-2005, 04:40 AM
it wenesday just got up and dieing to see how ppl have loved the gig i got close up to dexter wen he came out the back at 5ish and wen i crowed surfed to pay the man and i got sum stickers 2 t-shirts and sum pics of dexter on my cam :D

West
09-14-2005, 04:45 AM
West - were you the guy with the Grey C of 1 T-Shirt? If you were, I think you and I were the biggest fans in the upper tier :cool: I was gonna nudge you when you went past for the loo/a drink and say we should storm the VIP standing area on the encore, but couldnt be arsed in the end.

lol! Well I was in Row O, Seat 15, and im a well built lad, I did have a grey T Shirt on yes!, Nxt to me was mt sister, and in seat 17 there was an old woman, but if you saw me jumping up and down like a loonie, it was most probrably me!

godkiller
09-14-2005, 07:14 AM
lol! Well I was in Row O, Seat 15, and im a well built lad, I did have a grey T Shirt on yes!, Nxt to me was mt sister, and in seat 17 there was an old woman, but if you saw me jumping up and down like a loonie, it was most probrably me!

I was in Row Q, Seat 16 (I was originally sat in O-16... by mistake... of course :p) I think I know who you are lol, were you recording a lot on your phone... and you had two T-shirts on, and took the one underneith off without taking the top one off? That amazed me so much lol... I was just like 'wow' Me and my mate tried standing on the balcony things at the side when the letters organize started playing, and the guards at the bottom started shining the torches in my eyes, I was like 'IM BLIND!!' I would have had a great view from there too!

West
09-14-2005, 07:39 AM
I was in Row Q, Seat 16 (I was originally sat in O-16... by mistake... of course :p) I think I know who you are lol, were you recording a lot on your phone... and you had two T-shirts on, and took the one underneith off without taking the top one off? That amazed me so much lol... I was just like 'wow' Me and my mate tried standing on the balcony things at the side when the letters organize started playing, and the guards at the bottom started shining the torches in my eyes, I was like 'IM BLIND!!' I would have had a great view from there too!

Ya that was me, I sorta think i remember you, were u sat behind that oldish lady with the neck brace on? now she was cool lol! and the whole T shirt thing was because I was so damn hot! and yeh, my mum wanted to see a bit of the concert so i recorded some for her, she called me up at the start of pretty fly! my sister kept collapsing lol, i just carried on dacin and singin all the way through, i got out of there drippin and with the biggest headache, but hell! it was worth it!

godkiller
09-14-2005, 08:03 AM
Ya that was me, I sorta think i remember you, were u sat behind that oldish lady with the neck brace on? now she was cool lol! and the whole T shirt thing was because I was so damn hot! and yeh, my mum wanted to see a bit of the concert so i recorded some for her, she called me up at the start of pretty fly! my sister kept collapsing lol, i just carried on dacin and singin all the way through, i got out of there drippin and with the biggest headache, but hell! it was worth it!

yeah, i was sat behind her, she was hardcore, I'm guessin she got the neck brace while sicking out in a pit at a different gig or something :p but we got moved two rows back when the people who's seats we were sat in turned up lol. Then i got stuck behind some guy with a huge head so i cud hardly see the stage. Yeah i saw you start singing the chorus down the phone to pretty fly then hold it up, cudnt help but laugh, did exactly the same thing last year :D great minds think alike!

andyg
09-14-2005, 08:40 AM
yeah i was there it was great :D

i was in the middle nearish the front

i was wearing all black and have long brown hair

i was also in most of the moshpits it was great

i also headbuted someone in the pit and now have a bruise on my eye :)

West
09-14-2005, 08:50 AM
yeah, i was sat behind her, she was hardcore, I'm guessin she got the neck brace while sicking out in a pit at a different gig or something :p but we got moved two rows back when the people who's seats we were sat in turned up lol. Then i got stuck behind some guy with a huge head so i cud hardly see the stage. Yeah i saw you start singing the chorus down the phone to pretty fly then hold it up, cudnt help but laugh, did exactly the same thing last year :D great minds think alike!

They have so gotta play in manchester again nxt year, and if they do...Im there and in the pit XD

ninja-biscuits
09-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Was also in the pit, kind of at the front to the right. Was nearer the middle but got pushed out by a huge circle. Was afraid to oin in for fear of losing my babies (yellow converse) wich are now wrecked and filthy... But I don't even care cos it was amazing!! Don't know if anyone even noticed me but i'm tall with brown curly hair in bunches wearing a red and black polka dot skirt and yellow converse with red laces... I kinda hid in front of some beefy guy all night so I didn't fall over for the third time =P

hippypunk
09-14-2005, 09:36 AM
lol, its funny being a girl in the pit, some guys dont seem to like it cos their scared of hurting you, but then theres the ones who just dont care. lol, good for them! equal rights for all!!!

hi to you all who was in the pit last night. i was the shortish girl in a red t-shirt that kept spontaneously bursting into bouts of skanking!!

rock on!

Beth
x

0o-Andy-o0
09-14-2005, 09:46 AM
offspring rawked iwas like in the pit and then i got pushed out but i dint relised and i wa slike in a one man pit on my own!!! :) lol
i though the paramedic band people were s*#t and all there songs wee the same basically but offspring made up fro it they rocked my socks

=PaDdY=
09-14-2005, 09:47 AM
Yeah the pits wer fun....till my m8 punched me in the throat :D

lol loved the intro

0o-Andy-o0
09-14-2005, 09:50 AM
you should have played special deliverry =)
hairymarshmellow@hotmail.com :D

hippypunk
09-14-2005, 09:59 AM
lol, i like gettin injuries which have stories though! one of my front teeth got jarred back slightly (although its only noticeable to me) and the inside of my lip got cut. i think its cos im shorter, when i bash into people, i seem to bash them with my face....hmmm. lol. my first proper pit (i dont think bashing around holding onto a bar at the snooty fox to a nirvana tribute really counts as a pit)! yay.

heaven_is_so_far_away
09-14-2005, 10:01 AM
hehe. im a girl :) I was near the front of the pit, and my best mate wunt let go of my hand incase he lost me :) then it got rlly hot so I fainted, in the middle of heaven is so far away :( so then the paramedics saw me n I had to watch from the back. My first pit may I add, and I cannot wait for another, amazing. ABSOLUTELY amazing. support acts v v bad. why put death metal on at an offspring concert??? ive got bruised feet and a very sore neck!!!

=PaDdY=
09-14-2005, 10:01 AM
I hoped they were gunna play Nitro but nvm still an awesome gig :cool:

but how corney was that little "speech" lol

rachaelzoe
09-14-2005, 10:20 AM
another great gig from the offspring :D i was hoping from some tracks of the 1st album but never mind few bumps from falling battle scars :D
i was at the front about 3 people back to the right of the stage east17 shirt on with metallica n offspring tattoos on my back
only just got back online and forgot my old password :(

Sinister
09-14-2005, 10:22 AM
I wanna go to a show get in a pit and start shattering skulls.

Martin_200
09-14-2005, 10:29 AM

Yes mate, you were the guy I saw, you went out on one song briefly?

You were rocking in the Isle a fair bit, like me, the seats were for tiny people, with myself being 21 I'd have appreciated a slightly larger seat :P

Martin

hippypunk
09-14-2005, 10:39 AM
pits rule! i feel sorry for the standing people. did u all have a good night though?

hippypunk
09-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Even though u were standing?

=PaDdY=
09-14-2005, 10:48 AM
lol standing rules! i'd rather be standing then seated anyday :D

hippypunk
09-14-2005, 10:53 AM
shit, lol, i meant seated. i was standing! i was in a pit...maybe im subconciosuly using reverse phycology...hmmm. i feel sorry for the SEATED people. lol. how can u express ur emotions wen uv got ur own designated seat???

=PaDdY=
09-14-2005, 10:58 AM
lol daft mistake :D

hippypunk
09-14-2005, 11:01 AM
they both begin with the same letter!!

im really tired....!

hippypunk
09-14-2005, 11:06 AM
so ill try again... did everyone who was SEATED still have fun. even though you were SEATED?

:p

PresidentDavidB
09-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Glad all you guys enjoyed it.

hippypunk
09-14-2005, 11:08 AM
damn straight!
is it socially acceptable to skank in an offspring pit?! lol.

Carlyumz
09-14-2005, 12:06 PM
oh it was brilliant, i stayed in the pit got pretty close 2 the front from the 4th song onwards, was the blonde girl with the white offspring tank over a red top. What was your best song of the night? Mine was hmm i dont know, gone away or self esteem..hmm ill come back 2 it..

Greebo
09-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Does anyone have the setlist for this, cant see it on here.

Im hoping they play something from Ignition. This will be my 4th and 5th time seeing them, i'll be unhappy if they dont. Smash might make up for it though.

oliross
09-14-2005, 12:23 PM
hey people the gig was amazing.....me and my friend went dressed as zombies and were the only zombies there.....exept for the paramedics of corse.....plz add me at hammerboy@hotmail.co.uk
cheers people

hippypunk
09-14-2005, 12:24 PM
self esteem was very good. why dont u get a job was good for skanking to. i hadnt managed to get to the pit by then though, so i was limited to skanking space. :( but it ruled! :) i wanted to mosh to pay the man, but it just didnt really happen - i think in due respect to the crowd surfers. cos that cud have been disasterous. imagine it. crowd surfer going along 'wooo! rock on!' comes to a pit 'arrrrr!!!' falls in/gets dragged in and mobbed unsuspectantly by some sweaty little punks. tehe.

great night. i was the short girl with a red t-shirt on with a moon a star and a sun and the john lennon lyrics round the bottom...(yes, i am a lennon fan!)

wow...i keep getting urges to start mosh pits in random crowds of people at school...tehe.

Beth
x

hippypunk
09-14-2005, 12:27 PM
hey people the gig was amazing.....me and my friend went dressed as zombies and were the only zombies there.....exept for the paramedics of corse.....plz add me at hammerboy@hotmail.co.uk
cheers people

lol! i saw u guys before i ventured into the crowd to join the pit. u were chatting to a cky fan when i aw u both, i was about a metre behind u both. lol, made me chuckle.

paulrose
09-14-2005, 01:07 PM
why is everyone on this post all new members that have either joined up in september or august 2005. It seems supsicious to me.

hippypunk
09-14-2005, 01:11 PM
maybe because we signed up around the time of the gig to talk about it cos wer so lazy and didnt have much of a reason to register before.

that clear it up for you?

heaven_is_so_far_away
09-14-2005, 01:17 PM
i saw u zombie guys while u wo in the pit. made me laugh. i dint like send more paramedics so much. im nt into that music. but u guys sure did look good!!!! lol.

Ultimate
09-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Great gig last night but did anybody else notice the distinct absence of K-17.I couldn't see him unless he was hiding somewhere off stage.Amazing show tho.Dexter's vocals are sounding stronger than ever!!

FunkyRenegade
09-14-2005, 03:23 PM
I like the smaller venues, it gives the gigs a more private feel, i prefer the sound in smaller venues too :D

Rich123
09-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Last night was so Good, i managed to get to front barrier (stood on left of dexter) around half way through the set, stood next to a bald guy with a tattoo on his neck, and that adamwaterwood guy from here i think???

The support bands wersnt suited to the offspring, more screaming than singing.

i saw the zombie kids and got a pic of them cause i saw them on the A1 in a taxi :D

I took some pictures and im gonna upload them when i can be bothered.

Oh and best song was 'Pay the man' i wasnt expecting it but it was so good live or 'the Kids Arn't Allright' the best song in the world and ma ringtone since about 2001

hippypunk
09-15-2005, 01:03 AM
yeh, the smaller the venues the better, far more personal. and at massive area shows hardly any1 crowd surfs cos the people around them dont know what to do. universities are best in my opinion. although, the appollo is really nice, i like the architecture of the place. far more interesting than say, the MEN.

beth
x

0o-Andy-o0
09-15-2005, 09:39 AM
wot gig evryone going to next im going mcr and alkaline tiro i cnat w8 for alkaline trio there gona be awsome!!! =) :D

hairymarshmellow@hotmail.com :cool: :cool:

rachaelzoe
09-15-2005, 10:05 AM
why is everyone on this post all new members that have either joined up in september or august 2005. It seems supsicious to me.

i was a member years and years ago black_roses but have since changed emai addresses

come_out_and_play
09-15-2005, 10:52 AM
yep it was a great night, first time i've seen them live and they well brilliant! i was in row cc seat 2 so near the front of the balcony. But when atom threw his sticks out most of them went out to the people standing and the one he did throw up to the balconies he threw to the other side :( They all looked great as usual. i liked noodles' t-shirt :p . Not too sure about the two support bands though :confused:

wako jakeo
09-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Does anyone know the setlist for the 13th September gig at manchester?!?! This is so annoying! :mad: I've been looking ever since i got home on tueday!! Someone please HELP!! :eek:

godkiller
09-16-2005, 05:38 AM
West... this may seem like a random as fuck question... but do you live in, or near Ashton? Just asking coz I walked past someone who looks like you I think, and it took me ages to realise why I recognized them.

Pilau
09-16-2005, 05:47 AM
SETLIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

West
09-16-2005, 09:42 AM
West... this may seem like a random as fuck question... but do you live in, or near Ashton? Just asking coz I walked past someone who looks like you I think, and it took me ages to realise why I recognized them.

Random is the word XD But no mate, im from Staffordshire a ghey little town called Rugeley, but I spend most of my time in the nxt town hehe!