PDA

View Full Version : Tales from the pit!

kiddman
09-14-2005, 05:23 AM
have you ever sustained any injuries from the pit at concerts or have you injured someone else. or have you seen any funny or strange things. post em now!

icklebabygremlin
09-14-2005, 05:26 AM
have you ever sustained any injuries from the pit at concerts or have you injured someone else. or have you seen any funny or strange things. post em now!
i crowed surfed at manchester in pay the man and hit a lot of ppl sorry if i hit you lol

Jojan
09-14-2005, 06:12 AM
I get beaten every concert! =D

IdiotOfTheDay
09-14-2005, 06:26 AM
One of my friends got her face smashed into the barricade at Warped Tour by a crowd surfer's ass...not in the Offspring crowd though. And I almost got killed in the Fallout Boy crowd...nobody could move but everybody was trying to, so I fell when I was trying to get out of there because I don't even like Fallout Boy, and everyone fell on top of me.
The only bad thing I can think of that happened in the Offspring crowd was that my friend lost her contact when the mosh pit started up, but she caught it and was able to put it back in.

thesandwhichmaker
09-14-2005, 07:01 AM
What are Offspring crowds like? I've never got chance to see tha band before, so it'll be my first at brixton on the 17th.
Ive been to plenty of gigs before and i was just wondering what the crowds are like for the offspring...i mean, i went to the unholy alliance tour (slipknot and slayer) and that was pretty insane....as was Hell Is For Heroes (probably the heaviest pit ive been in...yes, even worse than slayer)...Goldfinger were a happy bouncy, pogoing, skanking crowd......which is kinda what id imagine the offspring to be like....i just cant see a heavy mosh pit to this band at all for some reason. hehe
so come on, shed some light, are all fans mental? or just a happy crowd? or what?

Evka.pl
09-14-2005, 07:02 AM
check out the 'tour talk' 'will i break any bones?' thread.

platinumpt
09-14-2005, 07:42 AM
I have a somehow funny story to tell about the moshpits. In last year european tour, The Offspring came to Lisbon, at September 1st. They played lots of songs, one of which was "Want You Bad". The thing I'm about to tell happened during that song.

During the slow part of want you bad (the "don't get me wrong, I know you're only being good" part), I was relocating myself off of the moshpit, if I can recall it exactly, I don't know why. Maybe I was a bit tired...

Then, something funny happened. There was a more or less tight open corridor (without people) in the zone where I was standing. In that corridor, two persons approximately at the same time ran, and jumped onto the crowd up ahead. It was crazy, there were two additional guys standing at the end of that corridor who helped them too jump, by raising their hands below the feet of the surfers (I don't know if you know what I mean, I'm trying my best). I saw at least 4 or 5 guys doing this in about 10 or 15 seconds at the very same place!!! ... until one of the jumps went wrong... the guy who jumped ran very fast... and the other guy at the end of the corridor lifted him too high - the result was that he "swam" across the crowd incredibly fast (for about 2 seconds or less), and ended up at the OTHER side of the barriers, hitting with his head on the ground. The surfing was so incredibly fast that the security officer didn't have time to grab the guy, so he fell off violently on the floor...

Personally, I think it was hilarious! And the guy who lifted him (who was right by my side) laughed a lot too... anyway, I'm not a fan of crowd surfing, so I really don't care much if they break their heads on the ground.

Actually a guy recorded everything in a camera, and I have the footage of those 30/40 seconds!! If you tell me how, I'll upload it somewhere. It's about 10 Mb.

SkyRocker
09-14-2005, 07:48 AM
Did it take a lot of time to write all of that !
Too long ! Upload it on megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com) or yousendit (http://www.yousendit.com)

platinumpt
09-14-2005, 07:58 AM
Did it take a lot of time to write all of that !
Too long ! Upload it on megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com) or yousendit (http://www.yousendit.com)
Thanks, I'll do it when I get home. It DID take a long time, indeed. I changed the text a few times, before posting!!!

SkyRocker
09-14-2005, 08:00 AM
Thanks, I'll do it when I get home. It DID take a long time, indeed. I changed the text a few times, before posting!!!
You're welcome. I did not understand all of your "class" english ;) but It seems to be extremely funny, can't wait !

Lenny
09-14-2005, 08:27 AM
Ive been kicked, puched in the head everything. Ive even elbowed people in the face when you put your arms up in joy. Its great to be in a mosh pit I love it.
________
Colorado dispensaries (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

platinumpt
09-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Ive been kicked, puched in the head everything. Ive even elbowed people in the face when you put your arms up in joy. Its great to be in a mosh pit I love it.
That's so unpleaseant!! Why not having fun trying not to hurt people!!! :rolleyes:

Lenny
09-14-2005, 08:36 AM
Oh I dont mind getting hurt because it hasnt been that bad, but I dont delibritly hurt people. I always say sorry when Ive hit someone and they always say "Nah, thats cool this awesome" something along those lines. I think the mosh pit is a great way to get involved with music thats why I love it so much and you get to have a great time with your mates.
________
Silver live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Silver)

Evka.pl
09-14-2005, 08:37 AM
once i almost lost my eye in a mosh pit cause a girl with realy sharp dread locks was standing behind me shaking her head all the time. usually i get a lot of bruises cause ppl r wearing these heavy boots and surfing with these on. it's hard to expect from them to take the boots off though:) oh and once after a punk concert an old lady got scared of me when i got out of a mosh pit (all dirty and smelly). i scared the shit out of her, hehe:D

platinumpt
09-14-2005, 08:39 AM
Oh I dont mind getting hurt because it hasnt been that bad, but I dont delibritly hurt people. I always say sorry when Ive hit someone and they always say "Nah, thats cool this awesome" something along those lines. I think the mosh pit is a great way to get involved with music thats why I love it so much and you get to have a great time with your mates.
True, indeed! It's the same with me, of course we get bruised, but the important thing is not doing that deliberately! I have a good time too... but I'm always alone on Offspring concerts! Last time I wen with my sister, and she gave up after the 1st song, I had to take her to the exit lol

platinumpt
09-14-2005, 08:41 AM
once i almost lost my eye in a mosh pit cause a girl with realy sharp dread locks was standing behind me shaking her head all the time. usually i get a lot of bruises cause ppl r wearing these heavy boots and surfing with these on. it's hard to expect from them to take the boots off though:) oh and once after a punk concert an old lady got scared of me when i got out of a mosh pit (all dirty and smelly). i scared the shit out of her, hehe:D
Well, last year one crowd surfer sticked one of his fingers in my right eye, and I lost my contact len. It was fucked up... they were still on their 5th song lol

Lenny
09-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Damn! I knew i spelt "deliberately" wrong. Yeah Ive been to one Offspring concert with my good mate so it was excellent he was the only one who would come with me. Oh it doesnt matter what mosh pit it is for me as long the band is going nuts on stage then the crowd gets amped and thats when the fun begins.
________
18TEEN (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/18TEEN/)

SkyRocker
09-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Well, last year one crowd surfer sticked one of his fingers in my right eye, and I lost my contact len. It was fucked up... they were still on their 5th song lol
Sorry, Rui, i just wanted to quote it, it's great ! :D
To continue with fucked up things, I heard somebody lost its finger because of its wedding ring hooked in a grid. Hum...weird.

Evka.pl
09-14-2005, 08:47 AM
yeah u said about your contact len when u saw my pic (barrie show, i was wearing glasses). well being in a mosh pit is connected with a risk of getting injured. but i love it!

Lenny
09-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Im sure everybody loves a good old mosh pit. Well not everybody, but nearly everybody.
________
Slavelatina4U (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/slavelatina4u/)

rachaelzoe
09-14-2005, 10:41 AM
ive bruised ribs and had cuts and bruises most from metallica :D

Carlyumz
09-14-2005, 11:56 AM
I got battered last night :D, bein a bit lickle (my m8 being even tinier) we got stuck between the 2 big circle pits halfway through the show, evidentally the one on the right was started by my sis and the one on the left by her boyfriend :) . And oh if some strange girl was drumming on your back, im sorry it seemed a fun idea at the time!

YODAvid
09-14-2005, 12:12 PM
This is kinda funny, could be from a movie or so.

i went to buzzfest last april. i wore sunglasses, because was shinin and it was HOT in good ole Texas. Suddenly a crowd surfer kicked me in the back of my head, me glasses fell to the ground. I didnt see them at first, but then i saw the: They were right between two feet. THE CROWD WAS SO FUCKIN WILD. i was like oh my gosh my sunglasses. I tried to get them. so i reached to the ground. it was like a miracle: in those 2 - 3 seconds nobody around my sunglasses seemed to move their feet, but as soon as i got my sunglasses back a huge foot stood right where my sunglasses were. It was like Matrix XD : Slomotion, then i got the glasses back: and back to normal....

paulrose
09-14-2005, 01:11 PM
yes...i got a black eye when i got smacked in my eye in a mosh pit at some heavy metal concert.

heaven_is_so_far_away
09-14-2005, 01:27 PM
last nite at manchester appollo i fainted in the middle of the pit:D lol and my neck is very stiff from moshin to pay the man

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-14-2005, 02:23 PM
I was front row with my friend and there was a little kid behind us. And when the lights went down for Neocon, everybody made te little \m/ sign with their hands and was waving back and forth. And the first time i threw my hand back, I hit the kid right in the face. lol. Not a mosh pit story, but kinda funny :p

Nirushika6789
09-14-2005, 02:26 PM
I was front row with my friend and there was a little kid behind us. And when the lights went down for Neocon, everybody made te little \m/ sign with their hands and was waving back and forth. And the first time i threw my hand back, I hit the kid right in the face. lol. Not a mosh pit story, but kinda funny :p
LOL yea its funny...poor kid

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-14-2005, 02:29 PM
I felt sorry for him. But I didnt care. It was my first concert. And to date Ive seen
Offspring
Lenny Kravitz
Green Day
White stripes

The Lenny Kravitz and Green Day thing happened in the same week. I was happy about that.

platinumpt
09-14-2005, 05:13 PM

i went to buzzfest last april. i wore sunglasses, because was shinin and it was HOT in good ole Texas. Suddenly a crowd surfer kicked me in the back of my head, me glasses fell to the ground. I didnt see them at first, but then i saw the: They were right between two feet. THE CROWD WAS SO FUCKIN WILD. i was like oh my gosh my sunglasses. I tried to get them. so i reached to the ground. it was like a miracle: in those 2 - 3 seconds nobody around my sunglasses seemed to move their feet, but as soon as i got my sunglasses back a huge foot stood right where my sunglasses were. It was like Matrix XD : Slomotion, then i got the glasses back: and back to normal....
Whoa! That story reminds me when I had to tie my shoes during "All I Want", in my 1st Offspring concert, back in 2001. Even though people were pushing and kicking around, nobody touched me during those few seconds, it was like a miracle, or so I thought it at that time.

nameless
09-14-2005, 06:04 PM
it was at the pennywise gig in june at the astoria, some guy stage dived and landed on top of me knocking my hat off and giving me a black eye! wasnt huge but it wasnt very pleasant!

NDM1
09-14-2005, 08:55 PM
Mine isnt that special. I was at The Offspring show at warped tour and i was in a mosh pit when this guy came flying towards me and kicked me right in the face. I look at my friend to tell him that the song playing was awesome (cant repeat) and he goes woah you have two footprints on your face. I thougt that was pretty badass.

vintagepunkrock7
09-14-2005, 11:19 PM

the same thing happened to me and my friend(we both wear glasses) this year during offspring at warped only my friend wasnt able to pick hers back up in time, we can only assume they got smashed to smithereens because we never found even a piece of them after the crowd broke. i am tall but being such a small person weight wise i am lucky i only walked away with a few cuts and bruises (which i wore with pride lol) this year.

Hypodermic_89
09-15-2005, 12:25 AM
I broke my neck once in church when the choir was singing a blessed song

Evka.pl
09-15-2005, 08:50 AM
u know i just hate when little kids r in the middle of a mosh pit. i'm like 'WTF r u doing here?'... usually when a band is giving a free concert (on a festival, or some town's birthday) ppl r coming to c it cause it's a 'free show'. so there's a lot of kids and old ladies in the crowd. and they get freaked out when they see what's going on in a mosh pit. SO CHILDREN AND OLD LADIES STAY OUT OF THE MOSH PIT!

platinumpt
09-15-2005, 08:54 AM
u know i just hate when little kids r in the middle of a mosh pit. i'm like 'WTF r u doing here?'... usually when a band is giving a free concert (on a festival, or some town's birthday) ppl r coming to c it cause it's a 'free show'. so there's a lot of kids and old ladies in the crowd. and they get freaked out when they see what's going on in a mosh pit. SO CHILDREN AND OLD LADIES STAY OUT OF THE MOSH PIT!
Yeah, tell that to my parents. They went to The Offspring concert in Paris too. Fortunately, they were wise enough to stay a few yards away from the moshpit.

Evka.pl
09-15-2005, 09:01 AM
my cousin wnet on warped tour with me (she doesn't like rock or punk..she's a euro-music fan). so anyways when she saw the mosh pit she was like ' OMG they gonna kill her (me) down there'. plus she hates the smell of pot (she vomits everytime she smells it) so i think she didn't have a good time. i did though:D:D

platinumpt
09-15-2005, 09:10 AM
She'd have pucked in Paris too, the smell of pot was intense. Anyway, it doesn't affect me. I had a great time too :D :D

SkyRocker
09-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Could you please stop talking about puking ? I feel...wait, where's my puking smiley ?

Carlyumz
09-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Yeh i duno if it was the same but i was standing next to a little blonde kid on tuesday and at first i tried 2 make sure i didn't knock him over when we all went forward, two songs later i didn't give a shit lol. Mean, but hey what did he expect, i think there shud b height restrictions lol, no actually i wouldnt b allowed in then!

Evka.pl
09-15-2005, 11:53 AM
sometimes the security guys r taking away our cuffs (u know these leather cuffs with spikes). that sux, u can't harm anyone with that..right?

platinumpt
09-15-2005, 11:55 AM
sometimes the security guys r taking away our cuffs (u know these leather cuffs with spikes). that sux, u can't harm anyone with that..right?
Yeah, the spikes are made of plastic, that doesn't hurt. I've seen lots of girls with those things on Barcelona, and the security officers letted them in. One of those girls let me touch her spikes, so definitely, that DOESN'T hurt.

Evka.pl
09-15-2005, 12:03 PM
the spikes on my cuff r NOT plastic hehe. but they're not sharp..or very spiky so there's no reason to take them away... when i was going to canada warped tour i wanted to take my..hmm how do u call it.?.the thingy that arafat used to wear on his head? i use it as my bandana. but sb told me that it's better to leave it at home cause sb could get pissed. i think that's bullshit..i didn't take it though. now i regret it.

platinumpt
09-15-2005, 12:04 PM
the spikes on my cuff r NOT plastic hehe. but they're not sharp..or very spiky so there's no reason to take them away... when i was going to canada warped tour i wanted to take my..hmm how do u call it.?.the thingy that arafat used to wear on his head? i use it as my bandana. but sb told me that it's better to leave it at home cause sb could get pissed. i think that's bullshit..i didn't take it though. now i regret it.
Oh... they're not plastic :eek: lol

Anyway... about that thing Arafat used... well, somebody might confuse you with a terrorist, so it's a good thing you left it at home ;) it's fucked up times these days...

Evka.pl
09-15-2005, 12:11 PM
confuse me with a terrorist. LOL...maybe it's a good thing i didn't take it after all:)

Oliverhm
09-15-2005, 01:32 PM
At the end of an Offspring Concert in Glasgow I ended up without a shoe and my trousers were torn off in the process! I ended up with one trouser leg missing and ripped the entire way up.

You could see my undies... :D

Didn't care though, and never did get my shoe back. hah.
Love moshing.

Skate Rat 19
09-15-2005, 02:49 PM
I crowd surfed at a sum 41 concert and the people were retarded, I went backwards, the forward, the left the back then right the foreward again, in all I was in the air for like 10 minutes. And then at a concert in this mall parking lot(Zumiez couch tour) this band Aiden(i dont like them) had the whole crowd stop moshing and splint in half about 15-20 feet apart, then they made them charge each other, it was crazy, people were flying in the air, if you ever see the movie Troy, think of when the two armies charge each other. That was basically what happened, everyone dogpiled and shit. In fact the security there couldn't stop anyone, so they would reward the crowd with free drinks and stuff in exchange for not tipping over cars and raiding the mall. Roit police wouldn't look good on tv

SeanAshmore
09-15-2005, 06:58 PM
I went to my first offspring concert in Glasgow when i was 15, at the time i was about 5'8" and this big huge dude behind me, who was wearing a slayer t-shirt lol, was going mental and everytime he jumped i got elbowed strate on the top of my head, was good fun tho cus he kept apologising. About fifteen minutes after that, my friend and i moved and this girl a few years older than ourselves just whipped her top off and jumped up and down in front of us cus she knew everyone was watching, she was pretty hot, but then again any semi-naked girl is hot when ur 15.

Sinister
09-15-2005, 07:19 PM
any semi-naked girl is hot when ur 15.

when you're 16, too.

Evka.pl
09-15-2005, 11:35 PM
At the end of an Offspring Concert in Glasgow I ended up without a shoe and my trousers were torn off in the process! I ended up with one trouser leg missing and ripped the entire way up.

You could see my undies... :D

Didn't care though, and never did get my shoe back. hah.
Love moshing.

hehe that's funny. sometimes when u get out of the mosh pit u look like a man who survived an explosion...barely survived:D

vintagepunkrock7
09-16-2005, 09:40 PM
hehe that's funny. sometimes when u get out of the mosh pit u look like a man who survived an explosion...barely survived:D
haha yea you feel that way too sometimes, i was so dirty and disgusting last time i didnt want to sit in my car to drive home cuz then id have to clean it lol

platinumpt
09-16-2005, 10:50 PM
... or a nuclear holocaust.

Evka.pl
09-17-2005, 12:26 AM
haha yea you feel that way too sometimes, i was so dirty and disgusting last time i didnt want to sit in my car to drive home cuz then id have to clean it lol

well after my last warped tour, the guy that supposed to drive me home didn't want to let me into his car! he said i was filthy and that i should have walked home (from barrie to londonO.N...that's a few hundred miles!) million miles awayyyyyy :D

offspring_freak_3
09-17-2005, 01:00 AM
well after my last warped tour, the guy that supposed to drive me home didn't want to let me into his car! he said i was filthy and that i should have walked home (from barrie to londonO.N...that's a few hundred miles!) million miles awayyyyyy :D

:eek: lol. i feel sorry for u. lol

Evka.pl
09-17-2005, 01:15 AM
hehe. fortunately he let mi in eventually.
i got another pit story. there was a free concert in a small town near my city where a very cool punk band was performing. so a few hundred punks;) decided to go. so we all had to get into one bus cause there was no other way to get to that small town) we were squeezed like sardines. unfortunately there was a few hip-hopers in that bus. they had had too much pot and started to pickin' on younger punkrockers. there was a fight and the bust turned into a mosh pit. except ppl weren't dancing and having fun..they tried to survive. fortunately i made it through:D that was a cool experiance...

offspring_freak_3
09-17-2005, 01:25 AM
hehe. fortunately he let mi in eventually.
i got another pit story. there was a free concert in a small town near my city where a very cool punk band was performing. so a few hundret punks;) decided to go. so we all had to get into one bus cause there was no other way to get to that small town) we was squeezed like sardines. unfortunately there was a few hip-hopers in that bus. they had had too much pot and started to pickin' on younger punkrockers. there was a fight and the bust turned into a mosh pit. except ppl weren't dancing and having fun..they tried to survive. fortunately i made it through:D that was a cool experiance...
lmao .

noodle654
09-17-2005, 01:36 PM
I went to an Offspring concert last year and got my cast on my left arm ripped off. Pretty sweet!

noodle654
09-17-2005, 03:01 PM
also got my cast torn off a couple months ago when i saw bad religion and rise against in nj. protects me when moshing and skanking

Kylezo
09-17-2005, 05:10 PM
I've been kicked in the face a few times and i cut my arm on someones watch and aquired a few bruises but nothing exciting.

vintagepunkrock7
09-19-2005, 10:49 AM
thats crazy, me and my friend were filthy and wet and gross, but o well, we had too much fun to really care too much about my car getting dirty lol.

Evka.pl
09-19-2005, 10:58 AM
the only thing that i missed at warped tour was the lack of alcohol. u have to be 19 in canada to buy alcohol( 18 in poland, and 21 in the u.s right?). so i couldn't drink wine which i usually do before a concert....

platinumpt
09-19-2005, 11:10 AM
the only thing that i missed at warped tour was the lack of alcohol. u have to be 19 in canada to buy alcohol( 18 in poland, and 21 in the u.s right?). so i couldn't drink wine which i usually do before a concert....
I actually enjoy drinking beer before the concerts. It gives me more power, it works great with me!!! I don't have age problems, 'cause I'm 24. How old are you, btw?

EDIT: I see now, you're 18! Goddammit, they didn't sell you alcohol in canada? What fucktards. You're a few months from aging 19 years old...

EDIT2: This is becoming confusing but.... where did you go to warped tour? USA or canada?

Evka.pl
09-19-2005, 11:24 AM
I actually enjoy drinking beer before the concerts. It gives me more power, it works great with me!!! I don't have age problems, 'cause I'm 24. How old are you, btw?

EDIT: I see now, you're 18! Goddammit, they didn't sell you alcohol in canada? What fucktards. You're a few months from aging 19 years old...

EDIT2: This is becoming confusing but.... where did you go to warped tour? USA or canada?
i was in canada. and yeah i'm 18 so i couldn't buy booze. but i had lots of fun anyway. after all offspring were there:D

electric_alexa
09-19-2005, 11:29 AM
so did u speak 2 them?????????????????????? :eek:

Evka.pl
09-19-2005, 11:39 AM
so did u speak 2 them?????????????????????? :eek:
u mean the band? no way. in my dreams. i'm just happy i saw and heard them live. never thought that's gonna happen though.

deep-fried dog-food sushi
09-19-2005, 12:18 PM
for the splinter tour, they came to atlanta during music midtown..

some dude climbed a light pole twice

nameless
09-19-2005, 03:48 PM
at the gig on the 16th sept, there was loads of crowdsurfers and one of the came close to breaking my glasses! not an injury but it was nearly as bad!