PDA

View Full Version : Offspring Unplugged

noodlesdec25
11-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Why offspring doesnt have an mtv unplugged?????? they have really good songs to make it

offspringjon
11-22-2004, 01:25 PM
I agree The Offspring would sound really cool acoustic in my opinion. They don't have enough acoustic stuff.

noodlesdec25
11-22-2004, 01:29 PM
Yeah but they can make acustic versions....it would be great to hear come out and play acoustic or the kids arent allright

Obie2trice
11-22-2004, 01:31 PM
nah that would ruin the song

Toxic Speed Bump
11-22-2004, 01:32 PM
I would like to hear Denial Revisited in acustic.

Moose
11-22-2004, 01:36 PM
i dont know if they have enough material that can sound good in accoustic. someone try to make a list of realistic songs u can do in accoustic for the offspring, im too lazy to do it myself.

phoenix
11-22-2004, 02:11 PM
yeah i doubt a lot of their stuff would sound good acoustic.but hey who am i 2 judge

RonWelty
11-22-2004, 02:19 PM
i like to ear one some times on show - DIRTY MAGIC ...but offspring are with GUITARS not VIola or acoustic guitar :D dirty magic acoustic on TOUR - YES , AN ACOUSTIC ALBUM - no ;(

DarrellOCguy
04-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Just thought about this so i searched it to avoid the "use the search button" users.

It would be awesome if they would do this. I'm hoping one day they decide to make it happen. Seeing all the you tube videos of other people doing acoustic and piano versions makes me really wish the actual band would do it. it would sound amazing

randman21
04-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Haha, in general, it's okay to make a new thread when the one you find is over eight years old.

Are talking specifically about an Mtv Unplugged set? Or just playing acoustic versions of songs? Because I was just thinking about a set they did SOMEWHERE in 2008 or '09...maybe in Canada...all I can remember is they played a really kickass version of "The Kids Aren't Alright" that I had never heard before. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Greekoldfan
04-24-2013, 11:47 PM
Haha, in general, it's okay to make a new thread when the one you find is over eight years old.

Are talking specifically about an Mtv Unplugged set? Or just playing acoustic versions of songs? Because I was just thinking about a set they did SOMEWHERE in 2008 or '09...maybe in Canada...all I can remember is they played a really kickass version of "The Kids Aren't Alright" that I had never heard before. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

yep I know what are you talking about.I had downloaded all the acoustic sets back then.The also did staring at the sun and nothingtown with Greg and Pete too once. I would like to see them on an Mtv unplugged. We had this coversation in a little bbs meeting last week with Lord Gabo and Gretel..

Tijs
04-25-2013, 03:39 AM
That was the at WMMR Radio, August 11th 2008.

- Come Out And Play
- Nothingtown
- Staring at the Sun
- The Kids Aren't Alright

DarrellOCguy
04-25-2013, 03:48 AM

No i dont want mtv to have anything to do with it. I just think an acoustic album would be a cool thing for the fans to hear. I like playing their songs slow on acoustic guitar. I dunno maybe im getting old but i love when bands do this. I hate remixed songs but i like mellow stripped down versions of fast punk songs

Mr. Punk Pirate
04-25-2013, 07:02 AM
No i dont want mtv to have anything to do with it. I just think an acoustic album would be a cool thing for the fans to hear. I like playing their songs slow on acoustic guitar. I dunno maybe im getting old but i love when bands do this. I hate remixed songs but i like mellow stripped down versions of fast punk songs
It would be nice if they release like a bonus CD with acoustic songs on the next album.

TheOldMark
04-25-2013, 11:59 AM
for starters, does MTV even still do Unpluggeds?

MTV stopped playing music a decade ago. its all pregnant american sluts now.

The appropriate time to do this would have been 1999, when the band was popular on MTV.

They have done a few acoustic sets for small things like radio appearances and the greatest hits dvd. personally i dont like acoustic sets. and the band's music for the most part wouldn't be compatible for that sort of set.

Are you old enough to remember when during their Australia set (maybe 10 yrs ago?) they would fake a power outage as an excuse to play Dirty Magic live. Beautiful. I have the recording if you're interested, PM me.

cool 2 hate 681
04-25-2013, 01:12 PM
That was the at WMMR Radio, August 11th 2008.

- Come Out And Play
- Nothingtown
- Staring at the Sun
- The Kids Aren't Alright

great show :) i have it in mp3 if anyone wants me to upload it?

Are you old enough to remember when during their Australia set (maybe 10 yrs ago?) they would fake a power outage as an excuse to play Dirty Magic live. Beautiful. I have the recording if you're interested, PM me.

yeah that was awesome i have a mp3 where they play nothing else matters before it haha

Jojan
04-25-2013, 02:01 PM
If they were to make a acoustic recording as a full album or just video recording, it would not have be affiliated with MTV.

_Lost_
04-25-2013, 02:51 PM

I've got a recording of this. There is this ridiculously obnoxious guy (I assume, since he is so loud, that he is the one with the recording device.) Screaming "PLAY DIRTY MAGIC! ... DIRTY MAGIC!" and so on and then he completely flips out when they actually do. I think, on the one I have, that Noodles plays the intro from Minority.

Edit: Yes, and he plays Stairway to Heaven's first couple chords.

Stylie
04-25-2013, 03:40 PM

yeah that was awesome i have a mp3 where they play nothing else matters before it haha

I've got a recording of this. There is this ridiculously obnoxious guy (I assume, since he is so loud, that he is the one with the recording device.) Screaming "PLAY DIRTY MAGIC! ... DIRTY MAGIC!" and so on and then he completely flips out when they actually do. I think, on the one I have, that Noodles plays the intro from Minority.

Edit: Yes, and he plays Stairway to Heaven's first couple chords.

Hey there! I'd sure like to have those videos and MP3's if possible, I'd really appreciate it if you could share them with me :)

I've only heard and seen the one from Katowice (?) in Poland 2001, and Dexter's voice sounds SOOO GOOOD with all the reverberation in that hall, sounds AMAZING. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2llOEVQlUI

_Lost_
04-25-2013, 03:54 PM
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9po86s

Disclaimer: Its awful.

Gustavo
04-25-2013, 05:49 PM
This thread reminded me of this acoustic kick-ass reggae-like version of The Kids Aren't Aren't Alright (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnjc6eLfydY).

Oxygene
04-27-2013, 02:06 AM
They played it in Europe too...

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Hey there! I'd sure like to have those videos and MP3's if possible, I'd really appreciate it if you could share them with me :)

I've only heard and seen the one from Katowice (?) in Poland 2001, and Dexter's voice sounds SOOO GOOOD with all the reverberation in that hall, sounds AMAZING. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2llOEVQlUI

here you go :) http://www.mediafire.com/?e1vf0b37f91q0z1

Lord_Gabo
05-07-2013, 05:51 AM
Could someone( with a lot of free time) make a selection with all the best acoustic tracks until now? Studio and live.

Greekoldfan
05-07-2013, 10:59 AM
When we met 2 weeks ago I told you some of my thoughts that I want to do soon...

Lord_Gabo
05-08-2013, 01:06 AM
When we met 2 weeks ago I told you some of my thoughts that I want to do soon...

Ahah but you haven't free time mate! :D