PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring Helped In Katrina Suport

offspring_freak_3
09-14-2005, 08:43 PM
i find an article saying that the offspring helped on the katrina suport. so here is the whole article.

NIN, the Offspring Join Katrina Relief
September 13, 2005

Jim Guerinot, the president of Rebel Waltz, the management company in charge of such acts as Nine Inch Nails, Hot Hot Heat, the Offspring, and No Doubt, has taken it upon himself to catalyze relief efforts for Katrina victims who are not being helped by government support. Guerinot, along with music technology companies like SpeakerCraft and the Home Technology Group of Nortek-Inc., decided they wanted to get necessities directly to suffering in the Gulf Coast region -- without the red tape. The group found a Costco in East Texas where they could get supplies cheaply, and a member of the Offspring who is also a pilot donated his time and money to flying a group of volunteers to Hammond, Louisiana. The group of rockers and industry folk managed to get 1.2 million pounds of supplies to a nearby relief center in Covington, Louisiana. According to spokesperson for Rebel Waltz, their mission is "that for every dollar spent, we get a dollar's worth of supplies into needy people's hands." You can help by donating directly to the Wholesale Costco Warehouse in Houston, in the name of Rebel Waltz Relief Fund, 12405 N. Gessner Blvd, Houston, TX 77064 -- phone: (832) 912-2353.

more in http://www.spin.com/features/news/2005/09/050913_nin_katrina/

certainly it was dexter. it's nice he do that

Auto
09-14-2005, 08:46 PM
thats so sweet

Human
09-14-2005, 08:49 PM
thats so sweet
That is exactly what I was thinking in my head. Exactly what I was going to post.

peko
09-14-2005, 09:32 PM
Dexter is awesome like that. :cool:

Drummerguy123
09-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Yeah, Dexter is, like, the coolest guy ever.

offspring_freak_3
09-14-2005, 09:48 PM
now i like dexter more than ever :D he's the coolest guy :cool:

vintagepunkrock7
09-14-2005, 10:52 PM
that was more than awesome of him to help out like that.

Hypodermic_89
09-14-2005, 11:30 PM
hey give the BAND some credit.. not just Dexter : o l0lz

RonWelty
09-15-2005, 01:56 AM
and he is not likle other guys like billie joe or BONO ...he helped..he really helped a lot but he stayed with low profile ..thatīs these guys who really help ..not the other ones that just do things for the cameras ...yes I LOVE DEXTER HOLLAND :P

Tonez
09-15-2005, 02:25 AM
and he is not likle other guys like billie joe or BONO ...he helped..he really helped a lot but he stayed with low profile ..thatīs these guys who really help ..not the other ones that just do things for the cameras ...yes I LOVE DEXTER HOLLAND :P
I agree that's cool of him, not making it a big publicity stunt. Doing what he can and not wanting anything in return :cool:

platinumpt
09-15-2005, 06:15 AM
Word man, now you said it all!! Those other guys (BJ and Bono broxes) help just to sell their image, and gain popularity... Dexter is the guy with the most awesome personality, he does it only for the cause of helping unfortunate people...

Anyway, this perfectly answers the thread in which someone was discussing if the band members were or weren't assholes.

Dexter_italy
09-15-2005, 06:35 AM
now don't say that the others don't count anything, bono did a lot for poor people, you cannot say that he only sold his image come on!! anyway I'm really happy to hear that dexter is such a nice person
________
Crop Insurance Forum (http://www.insurance-forums.org/crop-insurance/)

platinumpt
09-15-2005, 06:52 AM
now don't say that the others don't count anything, bono did a lot for poor people, you cannot say that he only sold his image come on!! anyway I'm really happy to hear that dexter is such a nice person
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that Billie Joe and Bono broxes didn't do anything to help other people!! Of course they did, their charities were very important! What I mean is that they use that to gain popularity, Bono likes preserving his image and public appearances.

EDIT: Everytime Bono donates a dollar, the cameras have to be there, so that everyone in the world knows of it.

Evka.pl
09-15-2005, 06:59 AM
yeah that's so nice of dexter to do that. btw i'd give a lot of money to be on that plane:)

Titus
09-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Thats so sweet =D
The offspring rox, Dexter rox

OffspringerD@n
09-15-2005, 09:24 AM
Thats so great. Thanks Offspring freak 3 for telling us. I really feel bad for all the ppl who are suffering down in New Orleans and just knowing that Dexter helped, really makes me feel better. But iīm sure that the rest of the band helped too. :D The Offspring is the best...

ashtray_girl_1
09-15-2005, 09:35 AM
the offspring rule!

yes, it's already been said! :o

Offspring7
09-15-2005, 01:09 PM
do we remember that thread that said the offspring were assholes? yeah, still think that? dexter is so nice....thats just so sweet. and it definitely wasn't a publicity stunt, or there would have been a feature story on him in you know, the news...like some of the other celebrities. way to go dexter!

Sinister
09-15-2005, 01:57 PM
Over the past few days I've been wondering if The Offspring would do anything to help. Now I know they did, and I'm happy to know they aren't self-centered jerks. :D :D :D :D

Nirushika6789
09-15-2005, 02:49 PM
I agree that's cool of him, not making it a big publicity stunt. Doing what he can and not wanting anything in return :cool:
yea it just shows that he doesnt just care about himself and hasnt forgot about what it was like for him when he needed help( im sure he did at some stage..everyone does)

icklebabygremlin
09-15-2005, 02:53 PM
dexter is such a nice guy one day hes going to get a medal or something for what he has done for people,dont you think

offspring_freak_3
09-15-2005, 04:45 PM

you said all man

offspring_freak_3
09-15-2005, 06:03 PM
Thats so great. Thanks Offspring freak 3 for telling us. I really feel bad for all the ppl who are suffering down in New Orleans and just knowing that Dexter helped, really makes me feel better. But iīm sure that the rest of the band helped too. :D The Offspring is the best...
no prob .

Venom Symbiote
09-16-2005, 03:49 AM
Hahaha, nice...nice. :)

Still, he wasn't on the frontlines doing his relief shindig, like Shaquille O'Neal. That guy is fucking class! You heard Shaq is going to quit basketball and become...get this, an undercover cop?!

That so made my day hearing that a couple of weeks ago. :D