PDA

View Full Version : WHat happend to Butch Vig

Lithuanian Offspring
10-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Wasn't he supposed to direct the Chinese Democracy album. I think O'Brian directed Splinter and Vig directed the new Offspring album that is supposed to be out in fall of 2005. I want to know what you know!!!! ''You Rebel Scum''

Gordie
10-22-2004, 12:13 PM
uhhh... havent heard anything, are you saying that you figure the next album is gonna be called chinese democracy??

Subsidal
10-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Nah, they wanted to call Splinter Chinese Democracy, but they wasn't allowed

Lithuanian Offspring
10-22-2004, 12:24 PM
uhhh... havent heard anything, are you saying that you figure the next album is gonna be called chinese democracy??
No before on the official website they had all this stuff with Butch Vig that he supposedly directed the album. And then Splinter came out and the director was Brendan O'Brian. So I figure there has to be an album that the Offspring haven't released. Look at the old news section about chinese democracy.

Gordie
10-22-2004, 12:31 PM
No before on the official website they had all this stuff with Butch Vig that he supposedly directed the album. And then Splinter came out and the director was Brendan O'Brian. So I figure there has to be an album that the Offspring haven't released. Look at the old news section about chinese democracy.

oh ok sorrry about that, i thought you were saying that they were gonna be calling the next one chinese democracy or something :s my bad

@Subsidal

yah i knew about the whole splinter/chinese democracy, i was just confused by the other guys wording :s

Lithuanian Offspring
10-22-2004, 12:35 PM
oh ok sorrry about that, i thought you were saying that they were gonna be calling the next one chinese democracy or something :s my bad
:s

I just want to know what happend to that other album, you know. Its really wierd. I've heard rumors that they already finished their 8th album so that would be rad.

Gordie
10-22-2004, 12:54 PM
i doubt it would be done, i mean it would be awesome if it were done, but i dont see how they would have had time to record it, i dont think theyve had a real break from the tour, maybe once they play holiday havoc, and are back home, they might start recording after they have settled back in

Lithuanian Offspring
10-22-2004, 01:00 PM
i doubt it would be done, i mean it would be awesome if it were done, but i dont see how they would have had time to record it, i dont think theyve had a real break from the tour, maybe once they play holiday havoc, and are back home, they might start recording after they have settled back in

Dude they talked about Butch VIg directing an Offspring album even before Splinter was out. This was like in the spring of 2003. So I am saying that they could have recorded 2 albums at the same time. THat could explain Splinter's shortness, and the long time it took for Splinter to come out.

Gordie
10-22-2004, 01:12 PM
oh ok, well who knows maybe its true.. but if they recorded them both at the same time, then why wouldnt they have o'brian do both instead of two different producers??

Lithuanian Offspring
10-22-2004, 01:16 PM
oh ok, well who knows maybe its true.. but if they recorded them both at the same time, then why wouldnt they have o'brian do both instead of two different producers??
Well maybe they're experimenting, I mean Butch Vig is the guy who directed Nirvana's Nevermind. And that album didn't really suck. And of course the offspring like O'Brian.

Revolver-2005?
10-22-2004, 02:25 PM
Well if they do have a new album and aint got a name....it should be "The Real American Heroe" o wait tht copyrighted nvm! :D

code_blue
10-22-2004, 09:23 PM
ummmm well i think you're really confused.. splinter had a working title of chinese democracy, but that was just a big joke.

as for butch vig, it would be awesome if he produced the next album. brendan o'brien produced the last two, and it's not like they've done well commercially (commercial success = happier offspring). time to find someone who will force them to release an album with more than 8 good songs on it.