PDA

View Full Version : A little fan update

Offspring Management
09-16-2005, 03:36 AM
The Offspring are wrapping up the recording of their latest album, still yet to be named. As part of Offspring's continous loyalty to their fans, they have decided to do something no band has ever done before. We are giving fans the chance to choose the title for the next Offspring album!! At the end of the year we will look at all the names suggested in this thread only, and put the ones we think approriate into a poll for all members to choose their favourite. This will never happen again and is a chance for Offspring fans to be more involved with the band, please do not be stupid about this, because you will ruin it for those who are interested.

In terms of the new album, what is likely to be the first single has been chosen and will be released around January/February of 2006 around the world. The track is called Chaotic Leaders, and is The Offspring at their political yet still goofy personality. Expect the new album to be released around May/June of next year.

Offspring Management team

SkyRocker
09-16-2005, 03:39 AM
Ah ah ah, what a good fake ! So why isn't the administrator posting that, eh ?
Plus, there's already a thread on it !

RonWelty
09-16-2005, 03:54 AM
The Offspring are wrapping up the recording of their latest album, still yet to be named. As part of Offspring's continous loyalty to their fans, they have decided to do something no band has ever done before. We are giving fans the chance to choose the title for the next Offspring album!! At the end of the year we will look at all the names suggested in this thread only, and put the ones we think approriate into a poll for all members to choose their favourite. This will never happen again and is a chance for Offspring fans to be more involved with the band, please do not be stupid about this, because you will ruin it for those who are interested.

In terms of the new album, what is likely to be the first single has been chosen and will be released around January/February of 2006 around the world. The track is called Chaotic Leaders, and is The Offspring at their political yet still goofy personality. Expect the new album to be released around May/June of next year.

Offspring Management team
offspring would not do a political song ...am i wrong?

Venom Symbiote
09-16-2005, 03:55 AM
I'm skeptical. But hell, if it *is* true (bull-to-tha-shit, yo homez g! :) ), "Chaotic Leaders" is a really crappy idea. Come on, cashing on the recent Bush-hating?

I don't think Dexter & Greg would have any part of it.

Noodles, on the other hand, that right-wing kid-manipulating hippie pinko... :mad: If he had his way we'd all be marching to a Greenpeace-issued Offspring war-cry. Commie. ;)

Offspring Management
09-16-2005, 03:57 AM
Offspring's Management team deal directly with the band, and are in no way associated with the running of this forum, for this reason an "Exclusive Post" is unavailable, for the present time anyway. This will be the last post made by the team over this matter, and we stress that this is legitimate. It is up to you fans how you take this opportunity, but it would be a great opportunity lost for fans to let this past them by.

Offspring Management

neocon58
09-16-2005, 04:00 AM
Um.... No.

RonWelty
09-16-2005, 04:01 AM
i will try to believe so :

heres my suggestions :

"Waiting for Chaos"
"Burned"
"Big Sin"
"The Return of the Gods"
"Beer,Sun glasses and Punk"

yay
09-16-2005, 04:03 AM
offspring would not do a political song ...am i wrong?

What r u talking about. Offspring have heaps of political songs. ie. Americana, Genocide, Jennifer Lost the war, Change the world, LAPD, Kill the president and the list goes on.

RonWelty
09-16-2005, 04:15 AM
What r u talking about. Offspring have heaps of political songs. ie. Americana, Genocide, Jennifer Lost the war, Change the world, LAPD, Kill the president and the list goes on.looooooool kill the president the one ...about politics ...the other are agains : cops , owner of epitaph , agains american society-
JUST kill the president atacks one importante person of the politic system of USA ... itīs not like Anti-flag last album or even " god save usa" of Pennywise ...

Swill
09-16-2005, 04:17 AM
I dont know if im to take this thread as legit??????Sounds just a little to good to be true?????
________
Drugtest (http://drugtestingkit.org)

Kitten
09-16-2005, 04:19 AM
If this is so legitimate, where is an email address or something?

RonWelty
09-16-2005, 04:19 AM
I dont know if im to take this thread as legit??????Sounds just a little to good to be true?????
yeah ..i think the same ..

Swill
09-16-2005, 04:21 AM
Ya...its like it feels kinda....i dont know...kinda third partyish...its something the offspring would do alright but maybe theyd go about it in another way!!!!!
________
BIG TITS SPANISH (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/282/spanish/videos/1)

Tijs
09-16-2005, 04:37 AM
The Offspring are wrapping up the recording of their latest album...
How can that be? Since they're on tour in Europe and are soon going to Japan.

As part of Offspring's continous loyalty to their fans, they have decided to do something no band has ever done before. We are giving fans the chance to choose the title for the next Offspring album!!
First 'they' then 'we'?

At the end of the year we will look at all the names suggested in this thread only, and put the ones we think approriate into a poll for all members to choose their favourite.
Shouldn't it be up to the band to decide what album names they like?

In terms of the new album, what is likely to be the first single has been chosen and will be released around January/February of 2006
Isn't it more obvious that they finish the record first, and then decide which song they'll release first?

princess
09-16-2005, 05:00 AM
Offspring's Management team deal directly with the band, and are in no way associated with the running of this forum, for this reason an "Exclusive Post" is unavailable, for the present time anyway. This will be the last post made by the team over this matter, and we stress that this is legitimate. It is up to you fans how you take this opportunity, but it would be a great opportunity lost for fans to let this past them by.

Offspring Management

surely anything related to the band rather than the forum would be posted on the homepage rather than the message bored?

brothadave79
09-16-2005, 05:04 AM
JUST kill the president atacks one importante person of the politic system of USA ... itīs not like Anti-flag last album or even " god save usa" of Pennywise ...

What about Tehran/Baghdad?

Nitro Punk
09-16-2005, 05:45 AM
I think the whole thing is fake!

Anyway,I like it more ,to leave the album name selection for the Offspring.Really, i don't want it to be choosen from a fan.I don't know why,it feels weird!Like it's not them...

RonWelty
09-16-2005, 05:55 AM
What about Tehran/Baghdad?yeah ..sorry ..i forgot that one

dain84
09-16-2005, 06:31 AM
I don't believe it but

"Around the World"

brothadave79
09-16-2005, 06:35 AM
yeah ..sorry ..i forgot that one

That makes two political songs out of over a hundred or so.

RonWelty
09-16-2005, 07:24 AM
yeah ..2 ..not a lot ..

dain84
09-16-2005, 07:26 AM
It'll be a Long Time is political. Political doesn't mean "bash bush" idiot.

offspring_freak_3
09-16-2005, 10:35 AM
fake! .

Nirushika6789
09-16-2005, 10:40 AM
fake! .
exactly...and if it was the 'offspring management' the name should be in bold like the way dexters,noodles',atom's and greg's are

man some people will go to extremes to get attention

offspring_freak_3
09-16-2005, 10:52 AM
exactly...and if it was the 'offspring management' the name should be in bold like the way dexters,noodles',atom's and greg's are

man some people will go to extremes to get attention
not in bold. the name should be administrator and not have the "junior member" in it. should be administrator

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/8600/imagem1pi.jpg

now that is the real one

Nirushika6789
09-16-2005, 10:55 AM
not in bold. the name should be administrator and not have the "junior member" in it. should be administrator

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/8600/imagem1pi.jpg

now that is the real one
oops yea ure right

Obie2trice
09-16-2005, 10:59 AM
This is so fake

brothadave79
09-16-2005, 12:34 PM
It'll be a Long Time is political. Political doesn't mean "bash bush" idiot.

I was just playing around, asshole.

Nirushika6789
09-16-2005, 12:39 PM
I was just playing around, asshole.
bash bush lol

we could make a game outta that

bush bashing lol

brothadave79
09-16-2005, 12:42 PM
bash bush lol

bush bashing lol

Haha, some people make their day-to-day lives out of that.

defy me
09-16-2005, 12:47 PM
this is amusing becuase why go to these lengths? But seriously its a fake

Sinister
09-16-2005, 01:03 PM
this is amusing becuase why go to these lengths? But seriously its a fake
indeed. Offspring Management would not have "Junior Member" status.

brothadave79
09-16-2005, 01:07 PM
indeed. Offspring Management would not have "Junior Member" status.

Haha, that's hilarious. :D And "Chaotic Leaders" has to be the single dumbest song title ever.

offspring_freak_3
09-16-2005, 02:05 PM
bash bush lol

bush bashing lol
hahahaha lmao

Nirushika6789
09-16-2005, 02:08 PM
hahahaha lmao
yea can u imagine it??

damn bush wouldnt be alive for very long..im guessing a lot of people would want to bash him :D

Offspring7
09-16-2005, 02:22 PM
wouldn't it be funny if that song was released as this person said

Nirushika6789
09-16-2005, 02:23 PM
wouldn't it be funny if that song was released as this person said
yea
imagine that and us all saying that the name sucked llol

Apathy
09-16-2005, 03:57 PM
If this was true there would be something on the main page about it.

Mostly I'm hoping it's not true because I don't want to wait until May/June for a song called Chaotic Leaders. Honestly. Everyone will label them as trying to Cash In on Green Day's Latest Antics.

offspring_freak_3
09-16-2005, 04:22 PM
yea can u imagine it??

damn bush wouldnt be alive for very long..im guessing a lot of people would want to bash him :D
lol yeah .

Amanda
09-16-2005, 04:23 PM
I haven't heard anything about that.

Drummerguy123
09-16-2005, 04:24 PM
I agree with Apathy. The Offspring wouldn't want anything to do with Green Day and Noodles himself or maybe some other band member, or even an Administrator would post this thread. But if it was true, wouldn't that be awesome? :D

defy me
09-17-2005, 07:31 AM
This is ridiculous the lengths people will go to

ashtray_girl_1
09-17-2005, 05:29 PM
why hasn't this thread been closed?the "news" is so obviously fake and too good to be true

dexterisMYman
09-17-2005, 05:35 PM
This thread is a bunch of Bullshit.

Skate Rat 19
09-17-2005, 06:13 PM
here, name it "Number 9"

NDM1
09-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Plextual...

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-17-2005, 07:08 PM
Even though this thread is most likely a fake, seeing that the Administrator didnt post it, oh well. Heres what Id name it.
Remminissions

AlphaDrake
09-17-2005, 08:52 PM
If this IS legit (doubt it)

20 years, a million beers

Offspring-Fanatic
09-17-2005, 09:10 PM
well you know what, they call it "Offspring Management" but looking at it, you see that they just recently joined...you would think that they would have been around since the beginning

dain84
09-17-2005, 09:16 PM
If this IS legit (doubt it)

20 years, a million beers
YES AWESOME!!!!!

rg270
09-18-2005, 06:52 AM
I'm skeptical. But hell, if it *is* true (bull-to-tha-shit, yo homez g! :) ), "Chaotic Leaders" is a really crappy idea. Come on, cashing on the recent Bush-hating?

I don't think Dexter & Greg would have any part of it.

Noodles, on the other hand, that right-wing kid-manipulating hippie pinko... :mad: If he had his way we'd all be marching to a Greenpeace-issued Offspring war-cry. Commie. ;) :eek:

Dont be shitty about noodles, he is awesome..!

platinumpt
09-18-2005, 08:01 AM
This thread is ridiculous

RobinoZombie
09-18-2005, 08:22 AM
i doubt it...very much

.:SMASH:.
09-18-2005, 02:16 PM

Offspring Management
how r we supposed to beleive you? i wont beleive you untill i see an advertisment somewhere other than this forum

offspring_freak_3
09-18-2005, 02:18 PM
This thread is ridiculous
yeah. people let this thread die. lol

Talman
09-18-2005, 02:30 PM
It's quite obviously bullshit. The web design company who runs the site will get told by offspring management to update the site. Not just post in a forum. Try harder next time.

nameless
09-18-2005, 02:53 PM
It's quite obviously bullshit. The web design company who runs the site will get told by offspring management to update the site. Not just post in a forum. Try harder next time.

my thoughts exactly! something would have been posted officially on the site if they were planing to let fans name the album - which i cant see them doing!

Revolver-2005?
09-18-2005, 04:22 PM
this is so fake...but hey...ill give you a good title...BOOGER

Offspring Management
09-19-2005, 02:29 AM
This is exclusive to this forum and Offspring's "Real Fans". We simply do not want people only joining the forum because they want to choose an album title. Therefore it will not be advertised until the competition is over, then it will be posted on the Home Page as well as any media which wishes to cover it.

Users may continue to be as skeptical as they wish, but they are all letting a once in a lifetime opportunity go to waste. Choose a title for the new album. So far not mahy people have taken this seriously, but for now we will have to go with what we have. If this means having a selection of 5 or so names then so be it. However, the competition will be cancelled 12am Friday of this week GMT-6:00 (USA/Canada), if not at least 10 serious entries are made.

Users please be aware that this competiton will officially close in December and the winning album title will be selected by both the users of this forum and the band themselves.

SkyRocker
09-19-2005, 02:36 AM
I propose : "Go Fuck The Offspring Management".
Do you have a pic of you ?

yay
09-19-2005, 03:05 AM
I propose that The Offspring call the album: Yay's great adventure. Fuck that would be awesome and very funny. In fact I could write their next song how is this: I call the song "Taking off"

Boxed up
All of her favorite things
Sold the rest at a rainy yard sale
Big plans and leaving friends and
A westbound sign
Weighed out
Her choices on a scale
Prevailing nothing made sense
Just transportation and a
Blank decision...

She's taking off
Taking off...
Taking off...
Taking off...

No time and no copping out
She's burning daylight and petrol
Blacked out the rearview mirror
Heading westward on
Strung out
On confusion road
And ten minute nervous breakdowns
Xanex a beer for thought
And she determined...

She's taking off
Taking off...
Taking off...
Taking off...

Is it salvation?
Or an escape from discontent?
Will she find her name
In the California cement?
Punched out of the grind
That punched her one too many times...
Is tragedy 2000 miles away?

She's taking off
Taking off...
Taking off...
Taking off...

.:SMASH:.
09-19-2005, 03:26 AM
I propose that The Offspring call the album: Yay's great adventure. Fuck that would be awesome and very funny. In fact I could write their next song how is this: I call the song "Taking off"

Boxed up
A westbound sign
Weighed out
Her choices on a scale
Blank decision...

She's taking off
Taking off...
Taking off...
Taking off...

Heading westward on
Strung out
On confusion road
Xanex a beer for thought
And she determined...

She's taking off
Taking off...
Taking off...
Taking off...

Is it salvation?
Will she find her name
Punched out of the grind

She's taking off
Taking off...
Taking off...
Taking off...
fuck off man.

platinumpt
09-19-2005, 03:40 AM
Is that a joke, or are you actually being serious?!

SkyRocker
09-19-2005, 04:56 AM
Is that a joke, or are you actually being serious?!
You forgot the ":rolleyes:".
Of course he is serious, we could have a song "Rui and Flo in Brazil" too. :D

platinumpt
09-19-2005, 05:00 AM
You forgot the ":rolleyes:".
Of course he is serious, we could have a song "Rui and Flo in Brazil" too. :D
yeah... "... surrounded by hot-tanned babes"

SkyRocker
09-19-2005, 05:07 AM
yeah... "... surrounded by hot-tanned babes"
Bah...I didn't mean it like that but I'm OK for it.

platinumpt
09-19-2005, 05:08 AM
Bah...I didn't mean it like that but I'm OK for it.
Yeah... I knew you wouldn't complain about it!!! :D

SkyRocker
09-19-2005, 05:11 AM
Who would ?
There's also "Please don't touch my ass, I'm listening to Offspring".

dain84
09-19-2005, 06:43 AM
I would name the album "banana"

platinumpt
09-19-2005, 06:48 AM
There's also "Please don't touch my ass, I'm listening to Offspring".
hahaha omg that's hilarious!

dain84: not the "banana thing" again!!!!111!!!oneone!!!one111!

SkyRocker
09-19-2005, 06:54 AM
I and Aimeht have actually a copyright on the "banana" thing.
So , please nooo!!!!11*double one*, i don't know what's this "one" about, btw...

platinumpt
09-19-2005, 07:03 AM
I and Aimeht have actually a copyright on the "banana" thing.
Yeah, I am aware of that, thank you :D I can still remember the thread... that word was written a 1000 times or something.

... the "one" thing is just a joke. Instead of writing "!" or "1" I wrote "one". It means exactly the same thing.

SkyRocker
09-19-2005, 07:08 AM
Thank you, man. I could give you some stock options on our bananaprise for that...

platinumpt
09-19-2005, 07:13 AM
Cool!!!! Then we can go to Brasil, and live the rest of our lives surrounded by hot-tanned babes. I can hardly wait!!!!!

SkyRocker
09-19-2005, 07:23 AM
Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer
Well can you put your hands in your head, oh no !
I said dreamer, you’re nothing but a dreamer
Well can you put your hands in your heak, oh no !

T-6005
09-19-2005, 07:24 AM
Thank god this thread isn't retarded.

platinumpt
09-19-2005, 07:37 AM
Yeah well *ahem*, the conversation has gone a bit off topic, indeed.

the Dude
09-19-2005, 02:20 PM
umm ok just in case this is legit...

I think it should be called "caught in the crossfire"

billiejoe87
09-19-2005, 08:35 PM

Boxed up
A westbound sign
Weighed out
Her choices on a scale
Blank decision...

She's taking off
Taking off...
Taking off...
Taking off...

Heading westward on
Strung out
On confusion road
Xanex a beer for thought
And she determined...

She's taking off
Taking off...
Taking off...
Taking off...

Is it salvation?
Will she find her name
Punched out of the grind

She's taking off
Taking off...
Taking off...
Taking off...

I doubt anyone was stupid enough to believe you wrote that masterpiece, but for people who don't know, they are the lyrics to Westbound Sign by Green day.

I have no idea what a good name for the new album would be, whether this thread ends up being legit or not, it'll be interesting to see what names people come up with.

fuckme!
09-26-2005, 05:20 PM
I doubt anyone was stupid enough to believe you wrote that masterpiece, but for people who don't know, they are the lyrics to Westbound Sign by Green day.

I have no idea what a good name for the new album would be, whether this thread ends up being legit or not, it'll be interesting to see what names people come up with.

No theyare lyrics to the Fuckme Parade.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH