PDA

View Full Version : saftey in brixton

missdynamouth
09-17-2005, 03:46 AM
how safe is brixton for 14yr old girls accompinied by adult.... :) we r going tonight and were wondering :)

memento
09-17-2005, 03:55 AM
Er.... it's pretty safe. I saw lots of mums/dads with their young daughters yesterday so you'll be alright :-) Just stay away from the barriers in the middle too!

Jeremy1985
09-17-2005, 03:59 AM
mate, i took my girlfreind last night. we got to the front and i got seperated from her.
when i found her after she was basically dying. she couldn't breath properly, she needed her asthma pump.

so if your looking to get the barrier. i say don't. you can stand back a bit and get a great view.

(my girlfriend's alright now. just a few bruised ribs, and bruise and a bit of pain everywhere else.)

the security at the front is really good. this one guy was looking out for my girlfriend the whole night. so security will be a lot of help.

hope that's helped you a bit.

princess
09-17-2005, 04:00 AM
the standing area was on a slope so you can stand at the back and see pretty much everything. it's a nice small venue so as long as you avoid the very front you'll be perfectly safe. just arrange a meeting place with your adult for after the show.

missdynamouth
09-17-2005, 04:00 AM
well we should be ok coz we r going with my mate whos only 13 so we had to get seats anyways :) hows the veiws from the seat...and r the supports really that dire?

H_Sea
09-17-2005, 04:12 AM
I didn't actually mind the supporting acts.
They weren't GREAT... but they were bearable
Althou i was right at the barrier at the front and i had to hug the singer from the second supporting act...

missdynamouth
09-17-2005, 04:17 AM
how much is the merch...how much do i need to take? :)

Jeremy1985
09-17-2005, 04:20 AM
support acts were ok.
the second support is better than the first.

merch wise :

t-shirts : 15
long sleve : 20
Wind breaker : 30

the largest shirt size is XL. (there is NO XXL, i checked)
(and there are some other bits as well like stickers)

H_Sea
09-17-2005, 04:25 AM
yeah, the badges are pretty boring, the offspring logo, one with 'the offspring' written on it, one with 'stupid bullshit goddamn...' that on it, none of the band posing or anything

nameless
09-17-2005, 05:11 AM
support acts were ok.
the second support is better than the first.

merch wise :

t-shirts : 15
long sleve : 20
Wind breaker : 30

the largest shirt size is XL. (there is NO XXL, i checked)
(and there are some other bits as well like stickers)

there are the dodgy sellers outside selling shirts for 10! i bought a XL shirt from the official booth, i didnt try it on stright away though, when i did try it on it was huge - more like XXL! someone then managed to spill part of their drink over it so i couldnt take it back! id try the stuff on before buying it!

Iddy
09-17-2005, 09:33 AM
If you want a place away from the crowds, but still want to see, i recommend the right hand side. By the ladies bathroom between the statues, great view and lots of room too :)

Thats my regular spot at brixton :)

Hyper nova
09-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Brixton may have a Reputatioon of being rough but you wont have any problem at all its right down the main street for the station or udergraound and then left bout 10 yards. I think the biggest safety issue is getting run over by a bus.