PDA

View Full Version : Do your parents like offspring?

Nirushika6789
09-17-2005, 01:15 PM
Do your parents like offspring?

a lot of people will think this is a stupid thread but ah well

my dad likes them ...he came with meto the Glasgow gig...his fave is pretty fly lol he loves the video

my mum likes CGMHAY,the noose,long way home....she likes a lot of the songs on splinter lol

im just wondering if anyones parents do???

defy me
09-17-2005, 01:18 PM
My mum says they are a row and i should turn it down... my dad doesnt dare listen to them becuase it will wake my step-brother.... who is 7.

So in a word, no.

Which sucks becuase i love them.

Manic subsidal
09-17-2005, 01:19 PM
yeah my mom does. It REALLY bugs me though when she tries singing the lyrics. For a lot of offspring songs, it's hard to hear Dexter's lyrics clearly. Not as bad as davey havok or anything but still, sometimes you'll need to read the actual lyrics to know what Dexter's saying in the songs.

In All I want, when they sing the chorus "It's all I want" this is what my mom think's they're saying

"Southern world"

haha wtf...

Nirushika6789
09-17-2005, 01:21 PM
In All I want, when they sing the chorus "It's all I want" this is what my mom think's they're saying

"Southern world"

haha wtf...

LOL thats hilarous...my mum loves cant get my head around you...its hilarious when she recognises it

my dad loves pretty fly...when he hears it on tv he says'thats the vid with the geeky boy in it'

he loves it and WDYGAJ
so my life rules lol

Mentally_Challenged
09-17-2005, 01:22 PM
She doesn't really know the song names or the lyrics, but my mum likes 'em. She turns up the volume loads when I have them on in the car =P

Oh, wait. She does know some of the lyrics....Pretty Fly. And she loves to sing along to them....it's terrifying ='S

SkyRocker
09-17-2005, 01:23 PM
My mum like them too. She discovered the band thanks to me. Now she listen to Offspring very often. On the contrary, my dad really hate them like "Oh no, not them again, i have a headache".

HeadAroundU
09-17-2005, 01:24 PM

my dad likes them ...he came with meto the Glasgow gig...his fave is pretty fly lol he loves the video

my mum likes CGMHAY,the noose,long way home....she likes a lot of the songs on splinter lol

Your mum has a really good taste :D

my mum :)
maybe pretty fly little little bit....

Nirushika6789
09-17-2005, 01:24 PM
im surprised at how many peoples' mums like offspring

my dad is into rock and everythin so he likes things like that

both my parents like them

Nirushika6789
09-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Your mum has a really good taste :D

LMAO yea i suppose yet she also likes the pogues,robson and jerome so after offspring's splinter her taste kind of goes downhill lol

Offspring7
09-17-2005, 01:29 PM
my dad likes them...and my mom recognizes the songs that were popular with my sisters and only likes those ones

bd007h
09-17-2005, 01:31 PM
My parents both like a couple songs, but don't care for much of the rest. My mom really likes Hit That and Spare Me The Details.

I don't know
09-17-2005, 01:32 PM
they don't like, but they don't hate

Nirushika6789
09-17-2005, 01:34 PM
My mom really likes Hit That and Spare Me The Details.
hahha...i would start to talk a bit louder when the part near the end comes on ... you know the 'while someone else ****ed her'

she wouldnt mind its just..well u know:D

wishomie
09-17-2005, 01:44 PM
my mom listens to country.

Nirushika6789
09-17-2005, 01:46 PM
my mom listens to country.
mine too although she likes splinter

Evka.pl
09-17-2005, 01:49 PM
LOL thats hilarous...my mum loves cant get my head around you...its hilarious when she recognises it

my dad loves pretty fly...when he hears it on tv he says'thats the vid with the geeky boy in it'

he loves it and WDYGAJ
so my life rules lol
woow u've got cool parents! my mom doesn't like offspring ('stop that racket') and my dad doesn't know about their existance (if he had, he never would have let me on warped tour hehe:D)

Nirushika6789
09-17-2005, 01:53 PM
woow u've got cool parents! my mom doesn't like offspring ('stop that racket') and my dad doesn't know about their existance (if he had, he never would have let me on warped tour hehe:D)
:D

thanks....

The-Offspring-RuLe
09-17-2005, 01:59 PM
My mum likes them, she says she doesnt but i caught her singing to Hit That weeks ago

Nirushika6789
09-17-2005, 02:03 PM
My mum likes them, she says she doesnt but i caught her singing to Hit That weeks ago
LMAO...now thats funny....my mum sings along to CGMHAY

dexterisMYman
09-17-2005, 02:04 PM
my mom likes them. but my dad doesnt.

Nirushika6789
09-17-2005, 02:06 PM
im really surprised at how many mums like offspring

Evka.pl
09-17-2005, 02:17 PM
my mum hates them but she says she likes the way they did 'feelings'. i guess offspring r doin' well with covers?

Nirushika6789
09-17-2005, 02:20 PM
my mum hates them but she says she likes the way they did 'feelings'. i guess offspring r doin' well with covers?
cool....what band does that song originally belong to?

platinumpt
09-17-2005, 02:22 PM
My dad thinks they're pretty cool!!! He watched with me a concert on TV, and enjoyed it. And he went to the concert in Paris too, but he was a bit away from me, with my mom. She doesn't care much about them. But she doesn't hate them.

And my sister likes them a lot too. But I'm the real offspring lover in my house :p

Nirushika6789
09-17-2005, 02:26 PM
But I'm the real offspring lover in my house :p
lol me 2....

my dad likes them more than my mum but both of them like them

everyone in my house likes offspring:D im pretty sure my dog does too lol

Conspiracy of One
09-17-2005, 02:28 PM
They don't mind them, my dad likes Original Prankster and D.U.I

Nirushika6789
09-17-2005, 02:31 PM
cool...my dad likes all of their albums(fave pretty fly) and well i told u what my mum likes

Nirushika6789
oh yea dad likes tha too....he loves the video lol

.:SMASH:.

my parents dont like punk music but they do like the songs by offspring that have pop beats like: pretty fly for a white guy, hit that, original prankster and why dont you get a job. songs like that. but they hate all my favs like come out and play, gone away, living in chaos, cant get my head around you and other good songs that i like by the offspring not saying that those other few arent good they just arent ranked as high.

Nirushika6789
09-17-2005, 02:47 PM
my dad likes a lot of their vids lol

Conspiracy of One
09-17-2005, 02:48 PM
My dad likes greenday *gasp*

offspring_freak_3
09-17-2005, 02:53 PM
my mum likes gone away,WDYGAJ and pretty fly, at least she don't sing lol and my dad don't like so much he jokes dancing pretty fly. lol and i just keep looking like ''wtf is this?!'' lol

Offspring7
09-17-2005, 02:55 PM
My dad likes greenday *gasp*

haha...both my parents love greenday...they got me cds for christmas and made me burn copies for them....its hilarious

~*hit_that*~
09-17-2005, 02:57 PM
My mom LOVES them! My dad thinks they're ok, though he LOVES Pretty Fly and Original Prankster and sings along when it's just us in the car, and turns it up real loud. It's very funny! Also my Aunite (moms twin) and my uncle love them too. It's sweet =D

Dad also likes Green Day lol, and his fave is probably BOBD, he turns that up real loud too. So, my life is pretty much minted, cos we all love the same, and my bro's in a band too, that plays all this kinda music, plus some "golden oldies" like Van Morrison and old skool RHCP and stuff, so again....it's minted =)

Revolver-2005?
09-17-2005, 02:57 PM
my mom likes the kids arent alright and staring at the sun...i dont know how many others

my dad actually bought S/T when it first came out, and he loved it, he left it for me when i got older, we dont talk anymore but its how i got into the offspring

~*hit_that*~
09-17-2005, 02:58 PM
my mum likes gone away,WDYGAJ and pretty fly, at least she don't sing lol and my dad don't like so much he jokes dancing pretty fly. lol and i just keep looking like ''wtf is this?!'' lol

Yeah my 42 year old uncle does exactly the same, it's so funny. I should record him singing and dancing sometime! LOLZ

offspring_freak_3
09-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Yeah my 42 year old uncle does exactly the same, it's so funny. I should record him singing and dancing sometime! LOLZ
lol. its so fucking funny, I almost made pee in my pants in the first time that i saw, it was so funny. lol

~*hit_that*~
09-17-2005, 03:06 PM
lol. its so fucking funny, I almost made pee in my pants in the first time that i saw, it was so funny. lol

LOL!!!

(10)

Human
09-17-2005, 03:18 PM
My dad likes them. He says he wants to go to one of their concerts with me sometime.

offspring_freak_3
09-17-2005, 03:19 PM
LOL!!!

(10)
a big LOL! LMAO

beautifulnightmare
09-17-2005, 03:28 PM
my mom makes fun of them.

.:SMASH:.
09-17-2005, 03:49 PM
my mom makes fun of them.
your moms a bitch

China Boy
09-17-2005, 04:26 PM
They don't like them. They hate punk.

My mom likes really crappy pop bands like ABBA and Roxette, and my dad likes classic rock, because it was around when he was young, like Frank Zappa, Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath etc.

Rancid_Guyxxx
09-17-2005, 04:39 PM
My dad listens to them a little bit. He only likes songs from smash though. Oh, and "Southern World", ok, well that was just fucking hilarious.

NDM1
09-17-2005, 04:50 PM
My mom doesnt really think much of them. She doesnt like a lot of music. Last i checked my dad didnt like them too much because of the violent lyrics (beheaded)

Titus
09-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Well, they like but they donīt like...
My parents always say: " stop listening to the same band all the time, thats not good"... and bla bla bla
I donīt care +D

pretty fly 88
09-17-2005, 05:09 PM
My dad thinks some of their songs are okay, like Come Out And Play, Gotta Get Away, The Kids Aren't Alright, and Pretty Fly (For A White Guy), but overall he doesn't like them. My mom doesn't like rock music.

Inuyasha
09-17-2005, 05:53 PM
My mom likes them. And I don't have a dad so....no

The meaning of life
09-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Yes both of them like the Offspring.
My dad's favorite album is Americana.

ashtray_girl_1
09-17-2005, 06:20 PM
my dad likes them.he's a misician so he sometimes plays their song with his band!he rules!
mom pretty much hates them, especially dexter!she thinks he's ugly and deserves to die!once she said that i love dexter more than her!how could she ever compare the way i love dexter to the way i love her!?senil cow...

Lupin
09-17-2005, 06:28 PM
Yeah, my Dad heard of the 'Spring when they released Smash an he kinda got into them a little. My mum on the other hand came accross The Offspring when Preeeety Fly came out....close but no cigar.
I found tho that as they'v got older they liked more music that i have, AudioSlave and Green Day are both band's that i more or less have never needed to buy a new album of. Which is good...Free Rock InI :p
________
Herbalaire vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/herbalaire/)

dexterisMYman
09-17-2005, 06:38 PM
My friends mom has a huge crush on Noodles.

Pilau
09-17-2005, 07:01 PM
I'm gonna have to say that my mum does like em cos her & I just got back from seeing the Offspring at Brixton! And I'm 23 for goodness sake so you can imagine how hardcore she is!

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-17-2005, 08:14 PM
My dad loves them.

bd007h
09-17-2005, 08:19 PM
haha...both my parents love greenday...they got me cds for christmas and made me burn copies for them....its hilarious

my dad bought himself International Superhits and Dookie.

Offspring-Fanatic
09-17-2005, 08:19 PM
my mom likes them, and its really scary when i find her in the kitchen singing the beginning of pretty fly! :eek:

my stepdad hates them, and so does my brother. he only likes the extreme beginnning of self esteem

bd007h
09-17-2005, 08:21 PM
hahha...i would start to talk a bit louder when the part near the end comes on ... you know the 'while someone else ****ed her'

she wouldnt mind its just..well u know:D

She knows that part, she doesn't mind it.

peko
09-17-2005, 08:54 PM
My parents are fobs, they don't know anything about American music culture.

Offspring-Fanatic
09-17-2005, 10:06 PM
want to know what really sucks?

going on a 14 hour drive to nothern cali and your parents are listening to Jimmy Buffet and who-knows-what all the way down there!!! :mad: it was...DREADFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i only survived because i had my offspring with me :)

jade fahy
09-17-2005, 10:07 PM
My Dads The One Who Introduced Me To The Offspring....

Amanda
09-17-2005, 10:13 PM
Well, let's see. My father doesn't give really, he calls them "that band you like"(and then of course i spend half an hour trying to figure out wich one he's talking about.). My mother had a bad moment when she saw the conspiracy cover. She went all christian on me and spent quite some time bullshitting about 'the real meaning of the skull". But she got over it once she came to terms with the fact that no, i wasn't gonna throw away my cd to "make God happy".

Offspring-Fanatic
09-17-2005, 10:15 PM
She went all christian on me and spent quite some time bullshitting about 'the real meaning of the skull". But she got over it once she came to terms with the fact that no, i wasn't gonna throw away my cd to "make God happy".

oh my god...the biggest sin ever would be to throw an offspring cd away...

that is the worst sin anyone could commit...

i love being agnostic

offspring_freak_3
09-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Well, let's see. My father doesn't give really, he calls them "that band you like"(and then of course i spend half an hour trying to figure out wich one he's talking about.). My mother had a bad moment when she saw the conspiracy cover. She went all christian on me and spent quite some time bullshitting about 'the real meaning of the skull". But she got over it once she came to terms with the fact that no, i wasn't gonna throw away my cd to "make God happy".

lol. my mother dont like the CO1 skull too, so i got a paint of it and stuck on my bedroom now just to piss her off. imagine shes talking about the ixnay on the hombre booklet... she said it's evil. and i don't give a shit. lol my father says it's the ugliest thing ever.

Drummerguy123
09-18-2005, 01:05 AM
My dad likes The Offspring, but not nearly as much as I do and my mom only likes Pretty Fly, even though she doesn't even know the name of the song. She just says, "Ooh! Is this that song with 'Give it to me Baby'?" I've got weird parents.

SkunkIt
09-18-2005, 02:16 AM
I found out a few weeks ago my dad liked The Offspring,I was listening to Gone away, and he said, "Turn it up". I should of answered both of my parents like them, because my mom like Whay don't you get a job, too.

Evka.pl
09-18-2005, 03:09 AM
that's incredible! what's wrong with your parents??!~!!! :confused: :eek: ;)

DexterWannabe
09-18-2005, 05:24 AM
my mom like them no cuz of the music cuz when they helped in the tsunami and Katrina, she thinks every artists should be like that

killer_queen
09-18-2005, 06:23 AM
They hate The Offspring. They think it's the worst thing I've ever listened to.

Autonomist
09-18-2005, 06:43 AM
My mum likes Gone Away, but I think she thinks most of their other stuff is terrible. My dad likes them quite a bit, I watched the DVD with him and he seemed to really be into some of it, and he loved Come Out & Play when it first came out.

rodney mullen
09-18-2005, 07:33 AM
my mom likes them

YODAvid
09-18-2005, 07:57 AM
My mom likes the offspring a lot. i fill up her mp3 player with offspring stuff and other punk stuff, she listens to it when shes doin sports, joggin or whatever.

my dad hates them, but he likes Why dont you get a job

Amazed
09-18-2005, 08:05 AM

My parents hate them... I can never listen to them in the car, and when I'm listening to them at home I have to wear headphones 'cause my older sister says they're annoying. Damn her! :mad:

Pete
09-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Oh my first post XD

Jop, I know that... My parents don't like Offsping... But I don't care.
My mum only likes Intermission and When you're in prison XD

electric_alexa
09-18-2005, 10:20 AM
yeah, both my parents like Offspring they even had 2 cds which r mine now :D

Nirushika6789
09-18-2005, 12:04 PM
my dad thought when ure in prison was hilarious

he and mum both like offspring so my house RULES lol

Drummerguy123
09-18-2005, 12:06 PM
I forgot to add that when I brought the DVD to my grandma's house, she said that she actually like WDYGAJ. I was shocked.

Nirushika6789
09-18-2005, 12:09 PM
I forgot to add that when I brought the DVD to my grandma's house, she said that she actually like WDYGAJ. I was shocked.
LMAO and a really big one

i can imagine a granny rocking out lol

Drummerguy123
09-18-2005, 12:14 PM
You can't really rock out to WDYGAJ, but it was still kinda funny hearing it from the person that said the B-52's were too heavy for her.

Nirushika6789
09-18-2005, 12:54 PM
You can't really rock out to WDYGAJ, but it was still kinda funny hearing it from the person that said the B-52's were too heavy for her.
yea u cant rock out to WDYGAJ but still its funny to imagine a grandmother liking offspring...ur granny ROCKS lol:D

Aimeht
09-18-2005, 02:28 PM
They neither say yes nor no, but I voted for no. They have also seen The Offspring live once, in the end of the concert the guards let them in.

Auto
09-18-2005, 09:43 PM
My mom thinks Noodles is sexy... my mom likes mariln manson's song beautiful people... she's crazy Her favourite offspring album is Smash

bongathon
09-18-2005, 09:45 PM
My parents liked them a little.

electric_alexa
09-19-2005, 11:24 AM
im surprised at how many peoples' mums like offspring

my dad is into rock and everythin so he likes things like that

both my parents like them
yeah same here, my dad is into rock like Offspring and Metalica and my mum likes Offspring.Actually I got into Offspring from my dad kinda :D

Funky Donkey
09-20-2005, 01:22 PM
My Dad likes Original Prankster and my Mom knows a few of the songs so I ghuess, Yes

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
09-20-2005, 02:10 PM
yeah my dad does, he went to the concert with me. he just wanted to go :)

Nirushika6789
09-20-2005, 02:15 PM
yeah my dad does, he went to the concert with me. he just wanted to go :)
same here....dad came with me to the glasgow gig...although the main reasonwas cos he needed to come with me (im 14) but he still likes them

wickedsparkle
09-20-2005, 02:25 PM
my parents like them mainly pretty fly and all i want and stuff like that. whats annoying though is when i metion the offspring my dad always goes'ya ya ya ya ya' like in all i want.

they took me and some mates to see the offspring at manchester, and even thugh they were dreading it, they loved it! :)

shnooble
09-20-2005, 03:02 PM
My mum wants to see them and made me phone her when I saw them.

My little brother who's 3 like them too. He wants to be Dexter and sings along to pretty fly and TKAA, I have trained him well :D

offspring_freak_3
09-20-2005, 04:26 PM
My mum wants to see them and made me phone her when I saw them.

My little brother who's 3 like them too. He wants to be Dexter and sings along to pretty fly and TKAA, I have trained him well :D
lol. the same thing with my nephews :p

Brines
09-20-2005, 06:32 PM
My dad calls them the "Turn 'Em Offspring." So...no.

deep-fried dog-food sushi
09-20-2005, 07:46 PM
my parents know the lyrics to all albums but the first two (go figure)

Camilamazed
09-21-2005, 09:33 AM
My parents do not.. It's funny though that they recognize all the Offspring songs when they listen.. They are totally used with Offy, Alanis and Green day because of me..

=D

Evka.pl
09-21-2005, 09:44 AM
My parents do not.. It's funny though that they recognize all the Offspring songs when they listen.. They are totally used with Offy, Alanis and Green day because of me..

=D
once i had to go on a trip with my dad (a 3-h-journey in a car with daddy) so he had to stand offspring, tenacious d and fear and loathing in las vegas soundtrack 4 the whooole trip! it's wasn't easy 4 him but i had no mercy :D:D:D

satrap
09-21-2005, 11:24 AM
my parents like em n my mum wanted to come to the brixton gig with me :S

Evka.pl
09-21-2005, 11:39 AM
my parents like em n my mum wanted to come to the brixton gig with me :S
i can't imagine going on a concert with my mom...LOL what did u do? btw whoopeeey i'm a senior member LOL :D

vikki
09-21-2005, 11:43 AM
my mum likes this band, and thats something special! she only likes 80's music and music has to try pretty hard 4 her to like it. her fave song is come out and play. my dad hates this type of music. he hates green day, aswell

original_prankster
09-21-2005, 11:48 AM
My mom listens to 'I Choose' and 'Change The World' alot. My dad likes their 'I Wanna Be Sedated' cover but that's about it.

Evka.pl
09-21-2005, 11:53 AM
My mom listens to 'I Choose' and 'Change The World' alot. My dad likes their 'I Wanna Be Sedated' cover but that's about it.
that's quite a lot anyway

Halomasta
09-22-2005, 09:20 AM
my mum hates them she doesn't like anything other than 70's

vikki
09-22-2005, 09:29 AM
yeah my mum only likes 80's and offspring and thats it!

Idiot
09-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Both my parents like The Offspring.

celente
09-23-2005, 04:41 AM
Geeeezzz, thank you, I'm not the only one. My mom likes they're music, aspecially some of the new stuff.

Holger estonia
09-27-2005, 06:27 AM
how to hell should i know

Gayman
09-27-2005, 06:39 AM
My dad like them...not all of the songs and my mom likes them. Doesn't listen to music that much but doesn't say much about them.

PrettyFlyWhiteGuy
09-27-2005, 07:41 AM
My mum thinks Dex is sexy, and that Noodles is awesome, and she likes their commercial tracks, but other than that, no.

Evka.pl
09-27-2005, 08:43 AM
My mum thinks Dex is sexy, and that Noodles is awesome, and she likes their commercial tracks, but other than that, no.

did ur mom actually say ' i think dex is sexy and noodles is awesome'? i don't think so :P :D

Lenny
09-27-2005, 08:49 AM
My mum likes them, but because ive flogged them out so much she says turn that off. I just laugh and say you love it mother.
________
milf Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/mature-women/)

MaF
09-27-2005, 09:25 AM
Yep!
My dad likes!
He`ve stolen one of my CD and now listening it on a ride....can`t return....

Evka.pl
09-27-2005, 09:28 AM
Yep!
My dad likes!
He`ve stolen one of my CD and now listening it on a ride....can`t return....
my dad listens to peter maffay (some german guy)...and i have to download that crap 4 him..

StayInTheHouseCarl
09-27-2005, 09:40 AM
my mom hates all the music i listen to. she even has a name for it, its called "TURN OFF THAT HEADBANGING SHIT!"

Evka.pl
09-27-2005, 09:42 AM
my mom hates all the music i listen to. she even has a name for it, its called "TURN OFF THAT HEADBANGING SHIT!"
hehehe. she can't appreciate real artists! ;)

Nirushika6789
09-27-2005, 09:58 AM
hehehe. she can't appreciate real artists! ;)
exactly ....although both my parents like offspring so it rules to live in my house lol

Flen
09-27-2005, 11:00 AM
My mother loves The Offspring, not all songs, but the most of them :p
My dad loves some songs of The Offspring, so I never get sick of my parents asking if the volume goes down :p