PDA

View Full Version : Any Bush supporters ever wonder...

CommonRider
10-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Why 90% of college professors support Kerry? Could higher education and political smarts be linked somehow? hmmm.... oh but thats right Bush gets all the red-neck states! ;)

Betty
10-22-2004, 11:49 AM
That could probably be upped to like, 99%.

But that's what academia is for you... the elite left...

And it's kinda a vicious circle cause all the new students are being taught by these profs and most will therefore learn the same ideas, etc.

wheelchairman
10-22-2004, 11:56 AM
Well now you can see several reasons as why the government will never truly offer higher education to all of it's citizens. The Republicans will always be against it, because it goes against their interests. And that is really true of the democrats in a way as well. They only get votes for being the lesser of two evils.

HornyPope
10-22-2004, 12:25 PM
"Well now you can see several reasons as why the government will never truly offer higher education to all of it's citizens. The Republicans will always be against it, because it goes against their interests. "

Hahah, are you serious?

wheelchairman
10-22-2004, 12:30 PM
Well the word several is incorrect. The economic policies of the Republicans tend to be in favor of privitization in general. etc. etc. But I have no doubt that the republicans are aware that it's people without higher education, who generally vote for them. Wouldn't you take advantage of that?

HornyPope
10-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Wow... you're just grasping straws.

wheelchairman
10-22-2004, 12:39 PM
And you certainly haven't bothered to offer any counter points.

I have no proof. I just think that it makes sense. It's basically ignorance that is what creates modern day republican support. So why not foster that?

HornyPope
10-22-2004, 12:44 PM
I think the Republicans are also trying to blow up the sun because people without sunlight tend to vote republican. Refute that!

And no, ignorance doesn't drive people to the voting booth. It's the ilusion that they know something (which they don't) and the promise for more economic advantages that does the trick. Works all the time.

wheelchairman
10-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Nor did I claim that people vote because they think "Well I'm ignorant. Which means I must vote Republican." You are skewing my words.

If the uneducated knew that, Republican policy did in reality not offer much financial benefits to them or society. Perhaps they wouldn't vote Republican. But how does one realize that Republicans don't do that? Perhaps with the help one gains from the possibility of higher education? So it is ignorance.

HornyPope
10-22-2004, 12:54 PM
You don't need higher education to realize that you won't see more than few measly dollars off a multi-billion-dollar tax cut plan. You need common sense.

People vote republican on other grounds. Whatever appeals to them. I dunno. Usualy some sort of an economic benifit. But to think that there is a mastermind who tries to discourage someone from attending university because of statistic reports that he might lose his vote... that's just silly. We need a fucking "conspiracy theory" forum for that.

Revolver-2005?
10-22-2004, 12:57 PM
You know what....I really hate Republicans, all conservative " Oh no change we cant have change" bull...the world needs change, vote Democratic...while the only difference between Republicans and Democrats is the intelligence level ( Democrats are usually more intelligent, you still need to vote for the smarter dude

wheelchairman
10-22-2004, 01:06 PM
A mastermind? No that wouldn't be dialectic of me. I would say it's a certain class that does that. And I never said he tries to discourage people from attending University. Whoever has the money or the scholarships can go. But any higher education in America is not cheap. And if you come from a poor family, then often times it's urgent that you get a career early on.

Common sense and higher education go hand-in-hand don't you think? Common sense among rural folk tends to be on an experience basis. (I believe it was Vygotsky who first said that, or someone else.) So tax-cut or not they vote Republican. A lot may have to do with the fact that they lack a critical-thought process when it comes to the media. They just pick a horse and stick with it so to speak.

Revolver 2k5- Why vote for someone who will do exactly the same? (not saying they will, although it won't be to different, I was just wondering your opinion.)

arak0r
10-22-2004, 02:00 PM
You know what....I really hate Republicans, all conservative " Oh no change we cant have change" bull...the world needs change, vote Democratic...while the only difference between Republicans and Democrats is the intelligence level ( Democrats are usually more intelligent, you still need to vote for the smarter dude

im glad political topics have their own forum now so there wont be anymore bullshit stupid posts..
:rolleyes:
the only difference between republicans and and democrats is who they try to get on their side. democrats go for the poorer people, republicans go for the richer people. the middle class is just kinda sittin there in the middle.. ironically.

bill oreilly said it best when he said it should be middle class people running politics, not the rich with their heads stuck so far up their asses they dont know what its like to not be rich

arak0r
10-22-2004, 02:01 PM
oh, and the two party system in america has to go

and in any case uhh.. VOTE JON STEWART FOR PRESIDENT!

Dirty Sanchez
10-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Sorry, I plan on voting for Mr. T

HornyPope
10-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Common sense and higher education go hand-in-hand don't you think?

Not, they don't. And if you think that, you don't have at least one of them. Can you guess which one?

And studies in America, particulary on higher level, were always expensive when compared to elsewhere in the world. Has nothing to do with the benifet the lack of schooling yields for either party.

arak0r
10-22-2004, 07:15 PM
after all, if our current president, who has been deemed a dumbass can get through what is supposedly a world class school, one of the best in the world, yale, obviously your whole theory is shot to shit. it has more to do with upper classes/lower classes than if you go to university or not. also, where is this poll of all college professors and whatnot that suggest bush indeed is disliked by 90% of them?

Betty
10-22-2004, 07:33 PM
I don't know if there's a specific poll, but I don't know of any profs at my university that like Bush, and I've heard numerous say they dislike him, etc. That's just the way it is.

But yeah, although the rural folk may vote republican (because they tend to be hard workers), a lot of the successful upper-middle, upper class people also vote republican and a lot of those people have a higher education. I think it's a lot of the people who are actually IN academics (e.g. professors) that are hardcore democrats.

I agree that this dissuading people from attending university theory is pretty farfetched.

Moose
10-23-2004, 12:24 AM
look, both the democrat and republican party are sad. lets put it this way, in the end they really just care about themselves, but the front they put up is:

republicans: only care about themselves i.e. against gay marriage, abortion

democrats: care too much about every little thing i.e. welfare that is far abused, affirmative action, and they are too sensative with the language (i.e. tipper "the whore" gore)

now those are the fronts they put up, but kerry doesnt give a fuck about us, bush doesnt give a fuck about us. thats the fact. as long as they are in power, and please the powers that are above them, people that we dont even know or ever heard of, then everything is cool. so they fight for the little power they can obtain, by telling us promises that never occur. however it always seems the bad ideas get through. oh well.
________
NSR50R (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_NSR50R)

wheelchairman
10-23-2004, 03:45 AM
Not, they don't. And if you think that, you don't have at least one of them. Can you guess which one?

And studies in America, particulary on higher level, were always expensive when compared to elsewhere in the world. Has nothing to do with the benifet the lack of schooling yields for either party.
1. Don't misinterpret what I'm saying. I'm not saying you have to go to University to have common sense. And coming from a rural family myself, the conservative tendencies and politics come from a form of logic that can be related to what would be called 'common sense.'

2. That's all well and dandy. But most countries in the western world are able to offer higher education to at least their own citizens. And Scotland offers it to everyone in the EU *except* the Brits. Most governments, even the European Conservatives agree on this. Perhaps it does have nothing to do with the benefit of either party, but it certainly hasn't hurt them in any way,and it has benefit them.

Arak0r- It's great that you are trying to see things when it comes to social classes. However O'Reilly will never make a proper class analysis. Also you confused the basic Machiavellian rule of Appearing Virtuous while not being Virtuous.

The Republicans and Democrats both try to appeal to the lower class and middle class man. This is seen as the 'common man' in America. Both use different tactics to try and appeal to them. However when it comes to policies and which class is benefitted by their policies when they come to power, well then usually it's only one class that gets the real good benefits. And I can tell you it's not the lower or middle class.

SicN Twisted
10-23-2004, 05:06 AM
The reason academics don't like Bush is because they're talented at research. They've recieve education and training to see past Bush's propaghanda and correctly analyse his presidency. Bush campaigns toward simpletons who feel safe because their president's a cowboy. Any real academic research would show that Bush's foreign and domestic policies are rediculously flawed.

Betty
10-23-2004, 01:45 PM
"That's all well and dandy. But most countries in the western world are able to offer higher education to at least their own citizens. And Scotland offers it to everyone in the EU *except* the Brits. Most governments, even the European Conservatives agree on this. Perhaps it does have nothing to do with the benefit of either party, but it certainly hasn't hurt them in any way,and it has benefit them."

My personal opinion on higher education is that it should be seen as an investment and not a right. I just get really frustrated at seeing so many students at my University who make no effort in doing work, fail or barely pass courses, party all day every day, and they don't care because mommy and daddy are paying their way. In Canada, a lot of Native students get free education from the government and my mom told me a story of a girl that she went to school with who tried to take the same program three different times, dropping out partially through each time and having the government pay her way each time. That is totally unfair for those of us who DO want to work hard in school and succeed to have our tax money go to people who do not want to, and waste it. I believe that anybody who wants to get a University education should have the resources available to do so. For those who truly cannot afford the tuition, there should be money available. However, this does not necessarily have to be in the form of a grant (although some would be nice, especially for those hard-working students with good grades), it can also be in the form of a loan. Anybody who does get a grant, should have a lower grade that they must get in order to continue receiving the money. People make it out that loans are a really big deal, but in theory, you go to University to be able to get a good job and if you get a good job, you should be able to pay back any money you owe in a relatively short amount of time. I will most likely owe about $20000 when I finish school, and I am not in the least bit concerned. It's a small price to pay for a good job for years to come. And plus, any money that is going to pay for people's university from the government is taken away from other things that they need to pay for. Either that, or there are way more taxes, which evens out.

"The Republicans and Democrats both try to appeal to the lower class and middle class man. This is seen as the 'common man' in America. Both use different tactics to try and appeal to them. However when it comes to policies and which class is benefitted by their policies when they come to power, well then usually it's only one class that gets the real good benefits. And I can tell you it's not the lower or middle class."

Regarding the "rich get richer" phenomenon... it may be true, but when this happens, everybody gets richer. The middle class in the US is quite well off. Even most of those considered "poor" have pretty good living standards. If you think of it relatively... a poor country will a really poor lower class and a rich country with a not-so-poorly off lower class are quite different.

Not Ozymandias
10-23-2004, 05:50 PM
In America, smarter people vote liberal and dumber people vote conservative. Compare the average IQ per state with who wins each state this year.

SicN Twisted
10-24-2004, 01:33 AM
The Republican party's candidates for everything are either businessmen, military men, or just shmucks from the south. No academics or anything.

wheelchairman
10-24-2004, 03:22 AM
My personal opinion on higher education is that it should be seen as an investment and not a right. I just get really frustrated at seeing so many students at my University who make no effort in doing work, fail or barely pass courses, party all day every day, and they don't care because mommy and daddy are paying their way. In Canada, a lot of Native students get free education from the government and my mom told me a story of a girl that she went to school with who tried to take the same program three different times, dropping out partially through each time and having the government pay her way each time. That is totally unfair for those of us who DO want to work hard in school and succeed to have our tax money go to people who do not want to, and waste it. I believe that anybody who wants to get a University education should have the resources available to do so. For those who truly cannot afford the tuition, there should be money available. However, this does not necessarily have to be in the form of a grant (although some would be nice, especially for those hard-working students with good grades), it can also be in the form of a loan. Anybody who does get a grant, should have a lower grade that they must get in order to continue receiving the money. People make it out that loans are a really big deal, but in theory, you go to University to be able to get a good job and if you get a good job, you should be able to pay back any money you owe in a relatively short amount of time. I will most likely owe about $20000 when I finish school, and I am not in the least bit concerned. It's a small price to pay for a good job for years to come. And plus, any money that is going to pay for people's university from the government is taken away from other things that they need to pay for. Either that, or there are way more taxes, which evens out.
For a person who has no fear of debt, you seem to have quite a fear of taxes. I do think education is a right for everyone. That's all good that you can have such a judgemental attitude towards a lot of your classmates. But those are just the ones who can get to university. I don't think that's how everyone would act if they chose to go to University. You said it yourself, University is the way to better jobs with better pay. That's an opportunity everyone should have. Not just the people who can afford it.

Regarding the "rich get richer" phenomenon... it may be true, but when this happens, everybody gets richer. The middle class in the US is quite well off. Even most of those considered "poor" have pretty good living standards. If you think of it relatively... a poor country will a really poor lower class and a rich country with a not-so-poorly off lower class are quite different.
Incorrect. America has a huge lower class. The largest in the western world I believe. And it's not that fantastic or great. The majority of the poor have awful standards, but it's nice that you could read in an article how it is for the poor in America. The middle class isn't doing too dandy either, I believe many of the middle class are losing their jobs, especially in the IT industry for example. When the rich are at their relative richest, then the poor will be at their relative poorest. That's basically how I see it.

SicN Twisted
10-24-2004, 12:41 PM
America has such a huge, widespread lower class that it's only our really high GDP and investment rate that keeps us out of second world classification.

Betty
10-24-2004, 02:17 PM
"For a person who has no fear of debt, you seem to have quite a fear of taxes. I do think education is a right for everyone. That's all good that you can have such a judgemental attitude towards a lot of your classmates. But those are just the ones who can get to university. I don't think that's how everyone would act if they chose to go to University. You said it yourself, University is the way to better jobs with better pay. That's an opportunity everyone should have. Not just the people who can afford it."

It seems like you aren't interpretating everything I say correctly. About my "judgemental attitude towards my classmates"... I have personally seen a LOT of people not care about school and just take it for granted because they're not paying for it. If that is judgemental, so be it. There are a lot of very devoted students, some who pay for themselves, some who have it paid for them. It's just the numerous ones that aren't that can be frustrating and unfair. It's true that not everyone would act that way, especially, say, someone who didn't view it as a right, but felt it was a privilege to have this opportunity, or who had to work hard to be able to do it. Why should somebody who doesn't work hard have the right to go to school just as much as somebody who works their ass off to get there? It's not about money, it's not about classes, it's about hard work and merit (merit being based on hard work and determination).

And I also said that everybody who wants to go, should have the opportunity to do so. I never said that only those who can afford to should be able to go. I just said that it doesn't necessarily have to be paid for for them. Instead, it could be in the form of a loan, which is how it is in Canada. However, I feel that the loan system could be improved for the lower/middle and middle classes to make it more accessible.

"Incorrect. America has a huge lower class. The largest in the western world I believe. And it's not that fantastic or great. The majority of the poor have awful standards, but it's nice that you could read in an article how it is for the poor in America. The middle class isn't doing too dandy either, I believe many of the middle class are losing their jobs, especially in the IT industry for example. When the rich are at their relative richest, then the poor will be at their relative poorest. That's basically how I see it."

I didn't just pull that out of my ass, or "some article"... for one. I don't mean to make it sound like it's not a big deal to be poor, and yes there are way too many very poor people. But for the lower class in general, the statistics can be twisted so much that it can be made to sound much worse than it is. Like, I'm sure the census would qualify me as part of the lower class considering my income as a student, and I live quite comfortably. I've figured that without owning a vehicle, and renting a home, I could live as a single person very comfortably earning only $10 000 to $15 000 a year CDN. Which is about a fulltime minimum wage income. And that's way below the lower class cut off point. Sure I wouldn't want that for the rest of my life, but I have all the clothes I want, all the food I want, a nice rented home, some toys, etc. So the point I'm trying to make is that the lower class statistics take into account all of those types of people as well. A family of 5 with that same income would not be the same at all. And I just don't believe at all in the "rich get richer, poor get poorer thing". If you read something left-wing that's what it'll say. If you read something right-wing it'll say the opposite. I believe the latter, and you believe the former.

SicN Twisted
10-24-2004, 03:05 PM
So what about an intelligent, motivated, hard working student who can't get a good college education because his family can't afford it? Shouldn't it be his right?

Education isn't a right that everyone has - it's reserved for people who can succesfully complete it. I don't see what this has to do with money.

charlesadude
10-30-2004, 12:57 PM
My, my, my doesn't someone have a distorted sense of reality. Democrats are smarter and rebublicans are stupider. I think that you all need your heads examined! I can prove my assertion by the following dialouge:

Do you think that you are smarter than me?
Pick one...YES or NO

If your answer is NO then it's ok and I understand why you are libral.

If your answer is YES then I have this to say:

If you are smarter then why don't you get a better job so that I can start taking all of YOUR money??? So I see it this way, Either you are more stupid than I am and your political veiws are bull shit, or you are smarter than me and should get off your lazy ass and make sum money! Cause if your lookin' to me to pay the rent you're in for a big fuckin' surprise.

How's that? Not to subtle? Good. Peace out!

wheelchairman
10-30-2004, 01:03 PM
I wonder if you've even read this thread?

charlesadude
10-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Oh yeah... and if you're still not convinced maybe this will help you make up your mind. President Bush has released his SAT scores and they can be found out by anyone who cares to know them. So lets just take a look at John Kerry's SAT scores and compare them. Oh wait! Kerry hasn't released his SAT scores??? Why is that. Oh no wait ummm there must be some explanation.

Damn it! Beaten again by those lousy republicans. Why don't they just get on welfare and coast through life like the rest of us! Fuck it all!

wheelchairman
10-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Strike 2. Yet again you've missed the point of this debate. Please read the topic before you make yourself look stupid again.

charlesadude
10-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Of course i've read the topic. However, the topic and the arguments that go with it are good. I like to see if there are any Bush supporters out there. But people are not just sticking to this they are going below the belt. I am kere to counter this unbalanced forum that was somehow flooded by librals. And you saying that I am not adressing the issue is just a way of you not being able to counter my argument. if a libral says something totally off the wall then its ok.. yet if a conservative does its out of line? That's bull shit!

You know what this is? It's the world's smalled violin playing just for the democrats...Peace out!

charlesadude
10-30-2004, 01:39 PM
In America, smarter people vote liberal and dumber people vote conservative. Compare the average IQ per state with who wins each state this year.

Oh yeah and this was what I was responding to.

Suck it!

wheelchairman
10-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Why don't you make a new topic then? The things said in this topic should be relevant to the evolution of the discussion. So far you've countered two points that were never centers of conversation in this topic.

wheelchairman
10-30-2004, 01:44 PM
For the record, stating that Kerry has not released his SAT does not prove anything relevant to this discussion.

Telling me to 'suck it' is a logic fallacy known as the ad hominem. It is used when people don't have a real coherent point. So they must resort to petty insults.

charlesadude
10-30-2004, 02:29 PM
Telling me to 'suck it' is a logic fallacy known as the ad hominem. It is used when people don't have a real coherent point. So they must resort to petty insults.[/QUOTE]

Oh an ad hominem. You mean like the things that Kerry says in his debates. Like say "I'm sure if you asked Dick Cheney's gay daughter she would tell you that she doesn't have a choice [about being a lesbian]."

Oh you're right I better stop that right now lest I sound more like that wondefully gracious and oh so classy John Kerry.

wheelchairman
10-30-2004, 02:56 PM
That's irrelevant. I have never once said I supported John Kerry. Now quit dodging and avoiding the issues and address my rebuttals.

All you've done is complain about being conservative on a BBS that doesn't have conservatives. You've done nothing to gain support conservatives, you just make yourself a pariah.

And I don't think you understand the concept of Ad Hominem. Since that wasn't a personal attack at Bush's person.

charlesadude
10-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Wait, wait, wait who's dodging who? You still haven't answered my first rebuttle about why the assumption that librals are smarter than conservatives is simply untrue! And you haven't made a single rebuttle! What are you talking about? All you have said is stuff about me not being relevent to the topic!

"this wasn't a personal attack" You know your're conservative when you start beleiving this bull shit.

wheelchairman
10-30-2004, 03:06 PM
Again you've misunderstood something. This time it's the concept of debate. You have not disproven the idea that Liberals are smarter than conservatives. When you do, that will be considered a rebuttle. Then a person must reply to that. And so on. As of now you have posted nothing relevant to disprove the aforementioned hypothesis.

charlesadude
10-30-2004, 03:16 PM
Ok then let me put it this way:

Conservatives are smarter than librals for the following reasons:

-They make more money

-The lower class librals who thinks that they are smarter feeds off of their income

-Intellegence is not measured by and IQ its how you use it.

-An IQ is exactly what it stands for an intellegence QUOTIONENT

-If Einstein lived as a bum on the street and Bill Gates lived in comlete wealth you tell me who was smarter.

-It is smartest to act on the intellegence given to you and not sit around bragging about how smart you are while on welfare.

wheelchairman
10-30-2004, 03:27 PM
-They make more money

Substantiate this with fact. For I know many Conservatives who live in trailers.

-The lower class librals who thinks that they are smarter feeds off of their income
Grammatically incorrect, please elaborate so that I can understand it.

-Intellegence is not measured by and IQ its how you use it.
Agreed.

-An IQ is exactly what it stands for an intellegence QUOTIONENT
Agreed. Although you misspelled both Intelligence and Quotient.

-If Einstein lived as a bum on the street and Bill Gates lived in comlete wealth you tell me who was smarter.
Irrelevant. Intelligence should be measured by action. Because if we are going into hypothetical situations, then we can hypothetically say that Bill Gates made his money by playing the lottery. While Einstein lived as a bum because his mother died early after they immigrated and he was forced to fend for himself.

-It is smartest to act on the intellegence given to you and not sit around bragging about how smart you are while on welfare.
So according to you, intelligence is measured by how much you are worth fiscally? I don't think that's a very smart theory. It won't do good say, when the communists revolt and appropriate your property, a la Russia 1917. China 1949. Cuba 1958 etc. etc.

No my friend, that is not intelligence, that's just the willingness to exploit.

charlesadude
10-30-2004, 08:19 PM
Ok well that settles it. You can't come up with any counters to my arguements. You can only sit around and insult my bad grammar and spelling. Yes I understand the "republicans are stupid" suggestion. Sorry I'm typing fast. Oh and you're right. Communism is probably the ultmate direction that the Democrats are leaning towards. Just because people CAN become extremely militant doesn't mean that it is always right. I suggest you read A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. Thank god we still have people in this country willing to work hard that are Republicans.

Moose
10-31-2004, 12:32 AM
not involving any politics or anything, but you know who thinks they are great on this board....wheelchairman...has anyone else noticed that this person comes off as im the greatest motherfucker ever? just wondering...
________
Buell XB12X (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Buell_XB12X)

wheelchairman
10-31-2004, 03:05 AM
Ok well that settles it. You can't come up with any counters to my arguements. You can only sit around and insult my bad grammar and spelling. Yes I understand the "republicans are stupid" suggestion. Sorry I'm typing fast. Oh and you're right. Communism is probably the ultmate direction that the Democrats are leaning towards. Just because people CAN become extremely militant doesn't mean that it is always right. I suggest you read A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. Thank god we still have people in this country willing to work hard that are Republicans.

Your bad grammar and spelling aside, why didn't you answer the points I made to your system. That one's fiscal worth is not a measure of one's intelligence. You haven't bothered to defend your system because you can't. What you are doing here is copping out of the argument because you can't argue or defend yourself from criticism. This is a tactic of all dogmatists.

Democrats are in no way heading towards communism. You obviously understand nothing of communism or the democrats.

Moose - I am the greatest motherfucker ever. Why question that?

Moose
10-31-2004, 09:49 AM
haha good reply you fucker you. ha.
________
Honda CM250 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CM250)

SicN Twisted
10-31-2004, 10:38 AM
Hard working Republicans? Like Cheney and his Hailiberton gangsters? Hard working men, huh?

If Republics were really hard working, they probably wouldn't be screwing the workers out of all their money.

wheelchairman
10-31-2004, 11:05 AM
Ah for an anarchist, you seem to know your Theory of Surplus Value pretty well.

charlesadude
10-31-2004, 12:58 PM
Well yu are right perhaps I should rephrase my statement. Just becasue someone wins the lottery or inherits their money doesn't make them smarter than someone with less money.

Here is my new statement:

People with higher incomes are generally smarter that people with lower incomes.

I have no respect for the idle rich just to set the record strait.

wheelchairman
10-31-2004, 01:19 PM
All rich are the idle rich. There is not a single rich person who hasn't made his money by exploiting the poor.

Show me one rich person who earned his money through hard work, and I will show you 10 million poor people who he took it from.

No Hero
10-31-2004, 01:19 PM
Hard working Republicans? Like Cheney and his Hailiberton gangsters? Hard working men, huh?

If Republics were really hard working, they probably wouldn't be screwing the workers out of all their money.

I have many friends whose families are well off and their parents have all worked for it. One of their fathers is a CT surgeon and to say that he hasnt/doesnt work hard for the money he earns is ignorant. And as far as people winning the lottery, thats life. I have no respect for them, but it happens

wheelchairman
10-31-2004, 01:28 PM
Dude, we're not talking wealth like that of surgeons. We're talking wealth like that of a Corporate exec.

No Hero
10-31-2004, 01:37 PM
Dude, we're not talking wealth like that of surgeons. We're talking wealth like that of a Corporate exec.

So there isnt a single rich person who has made money by exploiting the poor? But we arent talking about surgeons. that is a single rich person.

All rich are the idle rich. There is not a single rich person who hasn't made his money by exploiting the poor.

Show me one rich person who earned his money through hard work, and I will show you 10 million poor people who he took it from.

Mota Boy
10-31-2004, 01:38 PM

To take the most extreme example, there is Bill Gates. Gates may've expoited workers, but by building Microsoft into one of the world's largest companies he also made innumerable millionaires out of Microsoft employees and investors. Outside of that, the people that bought his products didn't have their money "taken" from them - they gave it willingly.

Anyway, rich people vote Republican because the Republican party protects private wealth. To argue that the Republican party's platform is superior because of rich people looking out for their own self-interest is pretty dumb. Interestingly enough, the more educated you are, the more liberal you generally are, but you're also more likely to make enough money to be a pocketbook Republican.

wheelchairman
10-31-2004, 01:54 PM
So there isnt a single rich person who has made money by exploiting the poor? But we arent talking about surgeons. that is a single rich person.

Surgeons usually don't equal in the wealth of that of a corporate exec. Nor in assets either.

Mota Boy- The raw materials for all microsoft products come from somewhere, were dug up by someone, and these someones are probably hungry. And it is questionable whether people pay for microsoft products willingly, since Bill has a monopoly in most areas of IT, and IT is vital for the modern world, then who has a choice but to pay Bill?