PDA

View Full Version : 2nd night @ Brixton!

Pilau
09-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Yes it was fucking Ace, they even played Genocide and What Happened To You!

Iddy
09-17-2005, 04:26 PM
I just got back from Brixton now... Best gig i've seen yet.

offspringpunker
09-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Ahhhhh crap you lucky shit. You got to go to both dates. And Genocide is one of my fave songs you luck git. *Wishes they played Genocide at the first gig at Brixton*

offspringpunker
09-17-2005, 04:39 PM
So was it basicly the same setlist then? Appart from Genocide and What In The World Happened To You. Also was it the same intro with Greg's Red Frett Neons? And what shirt did dexter have on tonight he always wears insane designed shirts. Did Noodles have his president one on again?

H to the aani
09-17-2005, 04:40 PM
:D ok, now that was one of the most awesome concerts i have ever been to. (besides the fact that someone spilled beer on me, and i kept getting trampled on and hit because i'm smallish). The Offspring are AMAZING live. i love themmmm... but, someone said that someone threw a plastic cup at someone from the band (i don't know who from the band though) and security rushed in, i didn't see it... did it happen? :confused:

Iddy
09-17-2005, 04:45 PM
I didn't get trampled on... (by now i've discovered ways of avoiding unwanted elbows in chests and bruised knees). I had a pillar to stand on... :)

Cups were flying in each and every direction, i could see above the whole crowd and it was insane. Shoes were also flying (???). Anywhoo, great gig, just finsihed too soon, i could do that all night.

Fat Boy Samsam
09-17-2005, 04:49 PM
Just back from the gig as well. My ears are still ringing and my t shirt is still wet with sweat.

Yeah, Noodles wore the 'Not my president' t shirt, Dexter had the red one on - is it hurley?

They started with Americana tonight which was awesome. Didn't see someone chuck anything at the band but I was moshing and stuff so it could have happened. Surprised to hear Genocide - that was awesome!

Iddy
09-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Stuff was chucked at the band, shoes and bottles mostly. That always happens though. A shoe knocked Dex's mic off, i think it may have hit him too...

Fat Boy Samsam
09-17-2005, 04:56 PM
I think that Noodles is running out of ideas about things to say to the crowd!

What was that crap about dogs bollocks he came out with. Anyone remember?

Iddy
09-17-2005, 04:59 PM
He said that last night he said the crowd was the dog's bollox, but we were the whole dog.

It supposed to be a compliment :) Made us cheer anyway :P

Fat Boy Samsam
09-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Shoes were also flying (???).

I was roughly in the middle of the standing area and saw someone chuck a hoodie at the stage. Didn't make it ofcourse - but what a fucking ridiculous thing to chuck! Guess he was hot!

Pilau
09-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Yeah that was funny and when he said that tonight was one of those special once in a lifetime moments and that it made him feel so good and lucky that he may even get laid tonight.

They didn't use last nights intro speech, instead they came onto the theme tune to the DOOM video game. Last time they did that was on the CO1 tour.

But when Atom got everyone clapping to start of Americana and then on came Noodles I knew this was gonna be just as good as last night! Even they were looking at eachother and smiling at the reaction and that was just the first song!

On the last song some fool threw a trainer at Dexter and it hit him and his mic of its stand and he had stop singing and in turn playing guitar and it caused a bad feedback crunch but he carried on like a trooper. Then something else came towards his face so whoever found it necessary to throw stuff at him should go and die a horrible death.

The show was mental and a lot fun. And Grek used the light up bass for the Have You Ever bass solo and straight after kept the lights on as he launched into Bad Habit. It was rad!

Dunno when but I can't wait to see them again! My band gotta play a gig on Monday night and I am so fired up for it now! Offspring rule!

H_Sea
09-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Oh god, someone threw a trainer at DEX?!? Why?!?

I was soo jealous of everyone who ent tonight, i kept looking at the clock thinking 'two hours and they'll be on'...'they're on now'...'they may be finishing now...' god, annoying!

I went last night though, wore my merchandice top today :)

Which night would you say was better...?

dexterisMYman
09-17-2005, 05:19 PM
i want some pics please thanks.

offspringpunker
09-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Oh god, someone threw a trainer at DEX?!? Why?!?

I was soo jealous of everyone who ent tonight, i kept looking at the clock thinking 'two hours and they'll be on'...'they're on now'...'they may be finishing now...' god, annoying!

I went last night though, wore my merchandice top today :)

Which night would you say was better...?

Lol i was saying that too actually. Like in 5 mins they will be performing and just about now theyll be leaving off stage etc etc. I would like to of gone to 2nyts gig aswell espically since they played Genocide man i can't believe that. But im still happy that i went yesturday so it was enough!

Pilau
09-17-2005, 05:59 PM
I'd say both nights were very special for different reasons. They were on top form both nights so anyone who went last night don't feel disheartened that you missed tonight as they were two different but both very good shows!

dexterisMYman
09-17-2005, 06:04 PM
PEOPLE POST SOME FUCKING PICTURES! PLEASE!!!!

Pilau
09-17-2005, 06:09 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15597

These are from the first night on Friday. I think its a bit soon for any from tonight.

offspringpunker
09-17-2005, 06:11 PM
PEOPLE POST SOME FUCKING PICTURES! PLEASE!!!!

Fuck Sake man give it time ppl have read your posts and will get back to you. Im sure you asking every 2mins espically like that it is not gonnah help. If you ask politely and be patient and actually wait, some kind person might share them with you. Your just going to have to wait dude. Its the way it is.

dexterisMYman
09-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Fuck Sake man give it time ppl have read your posts and will get back to you. Im sure you asking every 2mins espically like that it is not gonnah help. If you ask politely and be patient and actually wait, some kind person might share them with you. Your just going to have to wait dude. Its the way it is.
If I had time to wait I would. But I wont be on for about a month. So I'm kinda getting impatient. Besides I asked nicely before.

Martin_200
09-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Fantastic gig! Saw them in Manchester on Tuesday, Brixton last night and tonight! All sets were amazing! I think tonight was ace for me, as I went with a friend and not alone, and I was standing but quite far back from stage.

They opened up with Americana instead of Bad Habit, which they did last night and at Manchester on Tuesday, however it was a fantastic set. It is such a shame that all the Ignition songs have fallen off the set list now, however tonight I was quite simply stoked at the old stuff being played. See below.

Bad Habit
Genocide
Gotta Get Away
Come out and Play
What Happened to You?
Self Esteem
All I Want
Gone Away
Leave It Behind (may have been last night actually! Someone confirm?)

Have You Ever
Staring At The Sun
Pretty Fly
The Kid's Aren't Alright
Americana
Why Don't You Get A Job?

Original Prankster
Want You Bad

Long Way Home
Hit That

Pay The Man
Can't Get My Head Around You
Self Esteem

Having been to 3 gigs this week, I have endulged in lots of old shit :cool: But nothing from Ignition!

If you have read this far, check out my webspace for pictures and videos from tonight - I did record a few others but battery dislocated in camera from moving too much, causing me to lose a few. Think Self Esteem was one of them :( I did these for you guys, I'd have preferred to enjoy the songs without camera over my head :p

If anyone else has stuff, email it to me - offspringstuff@roverturbo.com or send me a PM!

http://www.roverturbo.com/offspring/brixton170905/

offspringpunker
09-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Ok dude well atleast u have some pictures from 16th's gig! In the link Pliau Rice gave you!

Jeremy1985
09-17-2005, 11:45 PM
did they play self esteem twice, or is that a type error?????
and they didn't play 'leave it behind' on friday night. (i was there)

Pilau
09-18-2005, 03:45 AM
Martin 200 may be a little confused as they didn't play Leave It Behind or Original Prankster at either night of Brixton.

It's funny when they say they're gonna play old stuff and then say 'from 1994' when they play songs off Smash (circa 1994) at nearly every show such as the singles anyway.

It is a shame they left out the first two albums as they are my fave but the show and set was still really good.

nameless
09-18-2005, 04:46 AM
i went to that gig as well! i wasnt down the front this time though although i did have a very good view still!

i really liked the fact the mixed their setlist up a bit and played a few different songs, whereas another certain punk band, as much as i like them, seem to play the same set day in day out!

the gig seemed better than the night before although i was dissapointed to see people throwing shoes onstage and one hitting dexter - who didnt look very impressed but luckily he carried on!

once again we waited round outside for them to come and sign stuff, and again they didnt come out! security told us that the night before they had come out at 1.30am! we waited until 12.15 before leaving! the annoying thing was you could see them walking about through the windows! has anyone ever met them by hanging around after the gig?!

Martin_200
09-18-2005, 06:41 AM
Martin 200 may be a little confused as they didn't play Leave It Behind or Original Prankster at either night of Brixton.

It's funny when they say they're gonna play old stuff and then say 'from 1994' when they play songs off Smash (circa 1994) at nearly every show such as the singles anyway.

It is a shame they left out the first two albums as they are my fave but the show and set was still really good.

Hey mate. Your right, they did not play it, whoops!

Must have played Leave It Behind at Manchester then?

Ahhh fuck it :p

Just another thing, I started off behind the sound box last night, there was this mental bloke in a grey t-shirt who seemed to be a big fan, he was ok, but what really pissed us off, was two girls in there - no idea what the feck they were doing, other than obscuring our view!

http://www.roverturbo.com/offspring/brixton170905/hmm.jpg

They had a video camera filming last night too, just sat in sound box, what I would give for a copy of that :(

We made a break for the front during All I Want which worked well! Was quite far back but still got a good place.

offspringpunker
09-18-2005, 06:55 AM
i went to that gig as well! i wasnt down the front this time though although i did have a very good view still!

i really liked the fact the mixed their setlist up a bit and played a few different songs, whereas another certain punk band, as much as i like them, seem to play the same set day in day out!

the gig seemed better than the night before although i was dissapointed to see people throwing shoes onstage and one hitting dexter - who didnt look very impressed but luckily he carried on!

once again we waited round outside for them to come and sign stuff, and again they didnt come out! security told us that the night before they had come out at 1.30am! we waited until 12.15 before leaving! the annoying thing was you could see them walking about through the windows! has anyone ever met them by hanging around after the gig?!

Nameless the other certain punkband your talking baout. Would it happen to be Green Day by any chance? I really like Green Day shed loads ive liked them for ages. But they never seem to change there setlist they do the same setlist worldwide and only change like 1 song. The thing i like about Offspring is they do a couple of different songs for each show. So every show is different and not the same!