PDA

View Full Version : Will we get another Smash?

voytek00
09-18-2005, 05:05 AM
I'm sure that most of you prefer Offsrpings old albums (Offspring, Ignition, Smash). It's a shame they changed their style after Smash. Could it be that they sold out? Maybe. Or did they just want to play something different, no band can play the same stuff on every album. In my opinion they are going lower and lower with each album. Don't get me wrong, some of the new songs are ok, but I wish they'd make an album like one of the old ones, where each song is close to being perfect, with powerful riffs and intelligent lyrics. I think if the guys really wanted to, they could write an album perhaps even better than Smash. Do you think they should? Write as many posts as you can, who knows, maybe one of them will read it and think again before making the next album.

Cheers

HeadAroundU
09-18-2005, 05:12 AM
I'm sure that most of you prefer Offsrpings old albums (Offspring, Ignition, Smash). It's a shame they changed their style after Smash. Could it be that they sold out? Maybe. Or did they just want to play something different, no band can play the same stuff on every album. In my opinion they are going lower and lower with each album. Don't get me wrong, some of the new songs are ok, but I wish they'd make an album like one of the old ones, where each song is close to being perfect, with powerful riffs and intelligent lyrics. I think if the guys really wanted to, they could write an album perhaps even better than Smash. Do you think they should? Write as many posts as you can, who knows, maybe one of them will read it and think again before making the next album.

Cheers
wow
you are one smart ass!You should be the president of USA!

I prefer all albums.
It's not a shame that they changed style.
They are not going lower and lower.

Evka.pl
09-18-2005, 05:13 AM
i like the lyrics and the sound of their new albums too. i think the band should develop in a way...not make every album sound the same. they're trying new stuff, they have a lot of ideas and i think it's good.

Hypodermic_89
09-18-2005, 05:19 AM

Cheers

I hate people like you.

I am the lightning rod
09-18-2005, 06:30 AM
how many fucking times do people have to make a thread about this. all of their albums are great including splinter.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
09-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Note to voytek00...
Be happy that Offspring are even making another album..you smartass. Let them do what they wanna do. And never make a thread like this again if you want to be hated on these forums. Even though you already are hated..just dont do it again.

electric_alexa
09-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Well, yeah probably all albums are wikid!

BobdaAlkoholic
09-18-2005, 11:43 AM
ALmost eevry new person that join always makes a topic on how offspting suck...or how they're getting worse. SO gay

Drummerguy123
09-18-2005, 11:51 AM
I like all of their albums, but I think it would be really cool if they surprised everyone with an album like Smash or Ignition. Tehn people would start taking them seriously again.

willferno
09-18-2005, 12:29 PM
wasn't splinter the album that was the most look a like with their old style since ixnay? in my opinion yes perhaps this bbs is always talking about the same things... oh offspring should make an album like smash, why are they getting popish, why aren't they having success?... you guys don't know what you want... so shut up because offspring will always put 2-3 commercial songs in their albums... why? because they are with columbia... what I saw in splinter was exactly this... they tried to make an album heavier but they had to put commercial songs... are they popish? their singles are the other songs on the albums aren't so let them breath because you won't change a thing...

Drummerguy123
09-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Didn't their contract with Colombia ended with GH?

T-6005
09-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Get the fuck over it.

Drummerguy123
09-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Get the fuck over it.

:confused: What are you talking about?

.:SMASH:.
09-18-2005, 03:01 PM
i like the lyrics and the sound of their new albums too. i think the band should develop in a way...not make every album sound the same. they're trying new stuff, they have a lot of ideas and i think it's good.
u share my thoughts. ive been sayin stuff like that in all other dumb threads like this.

nameless
09-18-2005, 03:55 PM
i like all their albums but conspiracy of one and splinter just lacked the sort of songs i really love to hear by them!

Skate Rat 19
09-18-2005, 06:37 PM
well splinter was the old style mixed with a heavier, much more meaningful tone to it. Which do you prefer, Nitro or The Noose??? See what I'm saying, both are about equal but The Noose sounds deeper. However I do see what you all mean by comparing Ixnay to Conspiracy Of One. I think it'll be splinter quality with a lighter punk sound. Though you'll still tell that its new. Hopefully they can redeem their respect they had with self esteem before pretty fly came out, or even worse Original Prankster. not that those songs are bad but it makes them look like a pop, poser band, which they're not. As for Hit That, it pimps Snoop Dog himself, and I dont know why CGMHAY didn't get too much airtime.

Manic subsidal
09-18-2005, 07:02 PM
ixnay on the offspringay

That_Guy91
09-18-2005, 08:11 PM
ixnay on the offspringay
you dont know it, but you just said "fuck the offspring...ay"

offspring_freak_3
09-18-2005, 10:41 PM
wow
you are one smart ass!You should be the president of USA!

I prefer all albums.
It's not a shame that they changed style.
They are not going lower and lower.

lol yeah i agree with you

offspring_freak_3
09-18-2005, 10:43 PM
wasn't splinter the album that was the most look a like with their old style since ixnay? in my opinion yes perhaps this bbs is always talking about the same things... oh offspring should make an album like smash, why are they getting popish, why aren't they having success?... you guys don't know what you want... so shut up because offspring will always put 2-3 commercial songs in their albums... why? because they are with columbia... what I saw in splinter was exactly this... they tried to make an album heavier but they had to put commercial songs... are they popish? their singles are the other songs on the albums aren't so let them breath because you won't change a thing...

i love what you said lol and i agree with what you said

nameless
09-19-2005, 03:56 PM
the albums before splinter and CO1 just seemed to have a more raw sound to me! im not saying they the last two were completly polished off buy i just prefer the sounds on other albums!