PDA

View Full Version : Do you REALLY like The Offspring?

Hypodermic_89
09-18-2005, 05:32 AM
There has been SO much whining about The Offspring on these boards. There are plenty of threads like "The Offsprings older stuff was better", but there are VERY few threads like "The Offspring are SO great! I love them!". And in every negative Offspring thread, people respond like normal human beings and mostly agree about the subject, while in positive Offspring threads people respond like "wow. good for you.", or "that was pretty stupid to point out." So my question is, do you REALLY love The Offspring?! If you do, accept them as they are and try to understand that the old days have passed! I doubt that they will ever change back, so stop criticising the band and be glad that they are still around. You won't make a difference anyway..

And if you're gonna come here and act all immature and respond like "ehehe hey you're whining right now ehehe", go to kindergarden and play with kids who are at your IQ level. If you disagree with me about this, don't bother writing at all.

Tijs
09-18-2005, 05:45 AM
I voted 'Yes, I LOVE them! No matter what!'. But of course, I don't love them no matter what.

Evka.pl
09-18-2005, 05:53 AM
they're the best. criticising isn't bad if it's a constructive criticism. but i agree that there should be more positive threads..i think it's great that they're still around and i hope that won't change soon:)

electric_alexa
09-18-2005, 11:34 AM
same 'ere!!!!!!!!!

SECO
09-18-2005, 11:53 AM
I love the offspring, they being as the "Smash" times, or being how they are nowadays(splinter)....

T-6005
09-18-2005, 11:56 AM
There has been SO much whining about The Offspring on these boards. There are plenty of threads like "The Offsprings older stuff was better", but there are VERY few threads like "The Offspring are SO great! I love them!". And in every negative Offspring thread, people respond like normal human beings and mostly agree about the subject, while in positive Offspring threads people respond like "wow. good for you.", or "that was pretty stupid to point out." So my question is, do you REALLY love The Offspring?! If you do, accept them as they are and try to understand that the old days have passed! I doubt that they will ever change back, so stop criticising the band and be glad that they are still around. You won't make a difference anyway..

And if you're gonna come here and act all immature and respond like "ehehe hey you're whining right now ehehe", go to kindergarden and play with kids who are at your IQ level. If you disagree with me about this, don't bother writing at all.

You're a fucking idiot.

People have their own opinions. They can like one era of The Offspring without liking all of them, and they have a perfect right to criticize whatever the hell they want. Whiny bitches like you who bring down the average IQ of this BBS should be tossed into a school for the mentally deficient.

Drummerguy123
09-18-2005, 12:03 PM
I like all of The Offspring's various "styles", but I do like Ignition, Smash, S/T the most, Ixnay was just plain beautiful, Americana had nice variety, Co1 was fun and Splinter was nice and loud. Unless they do something like MCR or Taking Back Sunday, they will always be my favorite band.

OffspringerD@n
09-18-2005, 12:58 PM
I know what u mean. A lot of ppl say stupid stuff about the offspring. like, " i dont like them anymore and i think they should stop" , "CO1 sucks", I hate Splinter". ALL of the offspring songs and albums are great because, EVERYONE has to admit, the offspring is not an ordinary band. no other band is so good. and iīm not saying that because i love them, but because they simply are diferent. I canīt even explain why but they are diferent. Dexter writes the best lyrics, Noodles makes the best riffs, thereīs no dought about it that The Offspring is not an ordinary band. I love them from my heart and I will never grow old of them. heck, i will die and be in my coffin with a cd player and the headphones in my ears listening to them. so in conclusion, I love the offspring and if u donīt have something good to say about them, donīt say anything at all.

Nirushika6789
09-18-2005, 01:08 PM
they're the best. criticising isn't bad if it's a constructive criticism. but i agree that there should be more positive threads..i think it's great that they're still around and i hope that won't change soon:)
what she said lol

Conspiracy of One
09-18-2005, 01:10 PM
This is a fucking dumb poll, why would we be here if we thought the offspring suck? Fucking duh

notoriousdoc
09-18-2005, 01:12 PM
The one thing that pisses me off the most about The Offspring is that they only ever do three places in the entire UK when they tour

Nirushika6789
09-18-2005, 01:31 PM
The one thing that pisses me off the most about The Offspring is that they only ever do three places in the entire UK when they tour
yea that annoys me but i still seen them in Glasgow so its ok....

killer_queen
09-18-2005, 01:33 PM
I really like them but not now. I haven't been listening to them for two weeks. I got sick of the sound of guitars and drums.

HeadAroundU
09-18-2005, 01:44 PM
I really like them but not now. I haven't been listening to them for two weeks. I got sick of the sound of guitars and drums.
String quartet -tribute to the offspring ;)

Nirushika6789
09-18-2005, 01:45 PM
String quartet -tribute to the offspring ;)
yea i thought it was really good...it was surprisingly good actually

Aimeht
09-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Yes, I REALLY love them. But I must say I have my "Offspring periods", when I can't live without their music in my ears. And also I have my "Non Offspring periods", when I listen more to other bands.
And even if I start to enjoy other bands, music, The Offspring will always be my no 1.

Amanda
09-18-2005, 02:06 PM
There's no decent option, but i voted that i love them,etc.

.:SMASH:.
09-18-2005, 02:29 PM
you have done the good deed dude. i was waiting for a thread like this. i voted yes but i doubt ill love them no matter what. you never know, they might go hip hop. (probably not but you never know....)

offspring_freak_3
09-18-2005, 03:13 PM
I know what u mean. A lot of ppl say stupid stuff about the offspring. like, " i dont like them anymore and i think they should stop" , "CO1 sucks", I hate Splinter". ALL of the offspring songs and albums are great because, EVERYONE has to admit, the offspring is not an ordinary band. no other band is so good. and iīm not saying that because i love them, but because they simply are diferent. I canīt even explain why but they are diferent. Dexter writes the best lyrics, Noodles makes the best riffs, thereīs no dought about it that The Offspring is not an ordinary band. I love them from my heart and I will never grow old of them. heck, i will die and be in my coffin with a cd player and the headphones in my ears listening to them. so in conclusion, I love the offspring and if u donīt have something good to say about them, donīt say anything at all.

you said all. lol I voted 'Yes, I LOVE them! No matter what!'

Conspiracy of One
09-18-2005, 03:16 PM

That hurts man right here *points to pelvis* oops too low *directs finger toward heart*

Offspring7
09-18-2005, 03:23 PM
haha...i got that conspiracy of one...it was funny. i love this band so much. its like an addiction. dexters voice is just so different from everyone elses you can't help but love every single song they put out. i don't care what album its on...i love all of their songs. i can't go a whole day without listening to them.

Southampton_Offspringer
09-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Who were the two assholes that chose the 'offspring suck post smash' choice on the poll?? :eek:

nameless
09-18-2005, 03:49 PM
i really like them but i cant say id love them no matter what!

09-18-2005, 06:12 PM
haha...i got that conspiracy of one...it was funny. i love this band so much. its like an addiction. dexters voice is just so different from everyone elses you can't help but love every single song they put out. i don't care what album its on...i love all of their songs. i can't go a whole day without listening to them.
true.....oh so true

09-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Who were the two assholes that chose the 'offspring suck post smash' choice on the poll?? :eek:
yer thats my thoughts. what fags!

beautifulnightmare
09-18-2005, 06:27 PM
yes i love them >_>

I am the lightning rod
09-18-2005, 06:35 PM
probably the noobs that just joined. i love EVERY offspring song, thats why they are my favorite band. dexters voice sounds so different from other bands, its awesome.

Camilamazed
09-18-2005, 07:28 PM
I love them no matter what <3

There are lots of whining threads because people just can't do without criticizing ....

T-6005
09-18-2005, 08:10 PM

You know, just to piss you off I'd be willing to vote that.

The majority of you are stupid shits that can't see that The Offspring's sound has evolved over the years, and that that means that some people will like the new sound whether other people will majorly go off it.

Let people have their own fucking opinions. You sound like whiny fourth graders, and I'm itching to backhand you and toss you off the 5th floor.

offspring_freak_3
09-18-2005, 10:36 PM

yeah. same with me

Hypodermic_89
09-19-2005, 01:39 AM
You know, just to piss you off I'd be willing to vote that.

The majority of you are stupid shits that can't see that The Offspring's sound has evolved over the years, and that that means that some people will like the new sound whether other people will majorly go off it.

Let people have their own fucking opinions. You sound like whiny fourth graders, and I'm itching to backhand you and toss you off the 5th floor.

whining and opinions are totally different things. There are people who WHINE about The Offspring that they don't sound the same anymore. Those people are stupid. They whine in vain, because they won't make a difference. What do you think about them?

lenar
09-19-2005, 03:05 AM
I LOVE them no matter what. Seriously, I am glad they don't play the same they did before. Sounding the same everytime gets boring.

platinumpt
09-19-2005, 04:56 AM
Offspring have progressed a lot throughout the years. Some like their new sound, some don't. But there's no point in coming to the forums whining about that, I think, that's what pisses me (and most people here) off.

As for me, I love them, of course.

SkyRocker
09-19-2005, 05:02 AM
Offspring have progressed a lot throughout the years. Some like their new sound, some don't. But there's no point in coming to the forums whining about that, I think, that's what pisses me (and most people here) off.

As for me, I love them, of course.
Word !
Stop whining on them, they don't care. I like them a lot , they're surely the best for me.