PDA

View Full Version : Brixton Academy

nerradc
09-18-2005, 04:52 AM
any1 go to the brixton gig last night? :)

Denomar
09-18-2005, 05:01 AM
I was there! Holy cow, it fucking rocked! The first two bands kinda sucked, but it was worth sitting through.

Setlist for 17th Sept, Brixton Academy

Americana
All I Want
Come Out And Play
Can't Repeat
Long Way Home
Genocide
Gone Away
Have You Ever
Bad Habit
Gotta Get Away
Want You Bad
Hit That
Why Don't You Get A Job
Staring At The Sun
What Happened To You
Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
The Kids Aren't Alright
--
Pay The Man
Can't Get My Head Around You
Self Esteem

It was great. Especially when Noodles and Dexter were talking about last night's audience being the dog's bollocks and we being the whole fucking dog. T'was incredible. Greg's l.e.d frets came on during his bass solo wheheh!

jonnyfleetwood
09-18-2005, 05:35 AM
Hell yer it kicked ass, those support bands were shit, but offspring were bloody amazin

Egg
09-18-2005, 05:53 AM
Yeah! I never thought theyd do genocide thats like my fav song! I'm gonna find that stupid shoe throwing shit and give him a good kicking!

Egg
09-18-2005, 05:57 AM
Who was that random guy who crawled on during send more paramedics, screamed for a second then crawled off? i think he did it in the offspring too

ArranAJFJ
09-18-2005, 06:03 AM
Wow, I don't think words can describe how much that rocked last night. I traveled 200 miles, but it was damn worth it, even better than the first time I saw them, and I didn't think that was possible.

I couldn't believe they played Genocide either, it was amazing, they played so much from Smash it was amazing. I was 2-4 rows back through the gig, had to get in the queue at 5 to get that close, but being so close to Dexter, Noodles and Greg...wow.
The security guards annoyed me though, taking everyones drinks off them before they could go in, some people were dehydrating at the front, and there was no way to get drinks from the bars at the back once it was packed in. They should of let us take our own drinks, but I guess Brixton just wanted to make more money.

And yeh, I have no idea who that person was that came in when Paramedics were playing, Egg. I think he was meant to be another zombie, but he only stayed on for about one or a few more songs, I was confused too.

One idea I had that night, they had statues either side of the stage, looked a hell of a lot like the ones on the Cover of Splinter, I wish somebody had smashed them.

jonnyfleetwood
09-18-2005, 06:12 AM
who the fuck threw the shoe at dexter, shoe throwing was understanderble in the support acts but OFFSPRING!!
What a dick, he should get a good beatin. or better yet be 6 feet under pushin up the bloody daisys

ArranAJFJ
09-18-2005, 06:32 AM
It was ridiculous, I can't believe they threw something at him. Dexter didn't take it too badly though, and kept on singing. It was in Self Esteem though, which is a great song, knocked Dexter out singing for about 10 seconds, I'm surprised the fans didnt find the guy that did it.

Egg
09-18-2005, 07:04 AM
yeah the first two bands should have had a shoe or two thrown at them because they REALLY sucked :mad:

Martin_200
09-18-2005, 07:08 AM
It was ridiculous, I can't believe they threw something at him. Dexter didn't take it too badly though, and kept on singing. It was in Self Esteem though, which is a great song, knocked Dexter out singing for about 10 seconds, I'm surprised the fans didnt find the guy that did it.

That fcuked me off as well! BUT it proves that Dex doesn't mime, which stupid dumbass people on this board have said about in the past!

Baston
09-18-2005, 07:14 AM
yeah the first two bands should have had a shoe or two thrown at them because they REALLY sucked :mad:

Deffinately but who would want to be standing there when the offspring came on shoeless :p

Mind u if the person throwing the shoe was small enough they cud just get a few guys around them to prop them up in their air, u dont need shoes when ur not on the floor

How was the moshing i cuddnt really see much off it cause i was up top

eddster
09-18-2005, 09:39 AM
I was right at the front next to the speakers, and it was amazing!

That is by far the best gig i have been to ever, the moshing got pretty heavy at times but it wasnt too bad.

that really pissed me off when someone through a shoe at dexter, and did you see it when he doged another one later.

and guess what? I CAUGHT A DRUMSTICK!!

SUPER_KING
09-18-2005, 09:40 AM
yhi cant belive that jerk threw a shoe; i thought it was a bottle; i'm sure dexter was cursing us all after it ended :( he dosnt deserve that :mad:. apart from the two shitty bands hu everyone was greating with their middle fingers it was a good gig, offspring shoulda done some more songs, some from smash and ignition wouldve been nice.

i was on the first 5 rows, then i ran out of air and had to move back; i was about middle when this lovely lady said u cant go back theirs a bar their, so i sed cool and was partying next to her for the rest of the night, we were both right next to the moshing it was awesome, she left before i could get her name and number, so babe if ur out their love please let me know. love ya X x x X :o

x Gemma! x
09-18-2005, 09:53 AM
OMG it was Great i was second from the front!!

When the offspring played reading fest 2004 noodles talked about how he threw his shoe at mick jagger so he could feel closer to him. but i still think it was wrong to throw one at dexter.

Bad Habit was the best!!

Andy-OffspringRock
09-18-2005, 10:31 AM
:) :) Hiya! omg how much did offspring rock???? they were amazing!!!!!! i was second row and it was by far the best gig iv eva bin 2! was any1 else 2nd row cos there was sum cool ppl around that i didnt get 2 speak 2 cos i was 2 busy enjoyin The offspring who were awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

*danni*
09-18-2005, 10:44 AM
heya peeps! i lurved da gig twas awesome even tho i cudnt rle c dat well! i met loadsa random ppl n yoinked der fone numeros :D dexter is soooo hot *drools* i wish i cud re-live dat nite it rocked \m/ \m/ love and sunshine from danni xXx :p

offspringpunker
09-18-2005, 11:26 AM
I was right at the front next to the speakers, and it was amazing!

That is by far the best gig i have been to ever, the moshing got pretty heavy at times but it wasnt too bad.

that really pissed me off when someone through a shoe at dexter, and did you see it when he doged another one later.

and guess what? I CAUGHT A DRUMSTICK!!

Eddster post a pic of ur drumstick so we can all see. The person who got a pick showed us all. So can u show us your drumstick please :D

Baston
09-18-2005, 11:53 AM
i want a glowing fretboard damnit

Egg
09-18-2005, 12:46 PM
i want a glowing fretboard damnit
Go on http://www.simscustom.com/

eddster
09-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Eddster post a pic of ur drumstick so we can all see. The person who got a pick showed us all. So can u show us your drumstick please :D

Here you go my friend a couple of pics of the broken drumstick in all its glory:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/eddstercool/DSCN0438.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/eddstercool/DSCN0437.jpg

skyhooks7
09-18-2005, 01:54 PM
I was right at the front on noodles' side. YAY
didnt think much of the support bands....WTF....zombies?
Best song was definalty self esteem.
Met loads of cool people too.
The two chicks right at the front who were writeing the setlist on their arms you ROCK!!!!!

Naz
09-18-2005, 01:57 PM
I got there at about 12.30 and got front row centre, and got killed in the pit haha! I managed to hang on though!
(If anyone remembers me, i was wearing a Cure t shirt, black and purple hair, with a really tall guy at the front with a mohawk and 2 Brummies were following us around... anyway)

Ive seen the Offspring 4 times, and that was by far the best ive ever seen them play... support bands were rubbish... i was standing there open mouthed when the zombie guy came on, and then the twat spat blood all over us... thanks!

getting my photos back 2moro, so i'll try and whack them up here. they should be okay as i was front row, but crowdsurfers occasionally gave me concussion.... so they could be crap... but we'll see

chrissy
09-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Just have to say, what twat threw a shoe at dexters head???!!!??? IDIOTS!!! don't think he was too happy!!!

sitdyneshelagh
09-18-2005, 02:15 PM
I was gonna *cry* at the fact you got Genocide and What happened to you, but I'm glad I didn't witness poor Dexter being harrassed!

offspringpunker
09-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Wow cheers for the pic Eddster thats fuckin awsome. Bet your way happy good on ya dude!

thesandwhichmaker
09-18-2005, 03:03 PM
I was there.

My first time seeing the offspring. was down in the pit for as much of it as i could...had to take my gf out at one point tho cuz she got twatted by some dicks who were taking it too far. Loved it tho. Saw all my favourite songs...just blown away by the whole thing

I missed the dexter/shoe incident....maybe it wasnt thrown at him? Just thrown? i mean, whenever i find a shoe/jacket/whatever i chuck it towards the front so that security can dish it out to whoever claims it at the end....thats how i get my shoes back anyway. hehe.

I thought the supports werent that bad....Paramedics were ok. i liked the zombie thing (i had a Day of The Dead tshirt on....irony? ), but the quality of them live aint so hot....and the frontman of The Letters Organize was pretty cool....their drummer was shit hot aswell. I think its lame for a crowd to give a band the finger just cuz theyre not the band they came to see....i think a courtesy clap is the least you can do, after all, your band aint up there is it so you gotta respect that....

Aaaaaaaanyway, The Offspring fuckin rocked and i cant wait til next time....and maybe that time, they'll have a better throwing arm so i had a chance at a stick or a plec. lol

Peace

nameless
09-18-2005, 03:12 PM
i was there! i think the shoe must have been stolen from someone crowdsurfing rather than someone just taking it off and throwing it on stage for no reason! hopefully that should discourage the people that crowdsurfed and nearly broke my glasses kicking me in the head! and making them fall off!

eddster
09-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Wow cheers for the pic Eddster thats fuckin awsome. Bet your way happy good on ya dude!

yeah, when he was throwing them, i thought to myself i want one.
then i did the biggest jump you have ever seen and caught it.
I was amazed, it was wicked.

Dirty Bertie
09-19-2005, 10:50 AM
I was about 10 rows back for the support. When Americana started, there was a huge push forward and I ended up about 5 rows from the front - squashed like hell and gasping for breath. Very good night!!!!

My mate Tigger crowd surfed and got pulled out by security. Didn't see him again till the end

dirty_magic
09-19-2005, 12:05 PM
did anyone see the bloke on top of someones shoulders in the middle of the crowd towards the front during pay the man? if so that was me, the gig was amazing, best ever!

Dirty Bertie
09-19-2005, 12:11 PM
did anyone see the bloke on top of someones shoulders in the middle of the crowd towards the front during pay the man? if so that was me, the gig was amazing, best ever!

What night were you there?

Adhum
09-19-2005, 01:11 PM
I was 2nd row from the front in pretty much the middle for the whole show. It was an awesome night apart from the 1st few bands who were'nt all that special!
I didnt realise it was a shoe that someone thre until i was told the day after...i just saw some flying thing going at dexter...was a tad harsh i agree with the others about shoe throwing should have been at the 1st bands!!

dirty_magic
09-19-2005, 03:37 PM
What night were you there?

friday, started uni on sat so couldnt make the gig, if i wasnt busy id have been at both nights

offspringpunker
09-19-2005, 04:00 PM
I posted this on the other Brixton thread but no one is answering. Maybe its a relevant thing to put here too. Oh yeah i forgot to mention. At the 16th gig. Greg jumped up on Atom's drum stand. And Noodles looked pretty shocked and pointed at Greg. Is that something Greg does not normally do? Cuz Noodles was quite shocked and went and joined him. And everytime ive seen Greg in video concerts etc his just been standing there getting on with playing his bass and that's about it lol. He seems a quiet guy on stage. I dunno about offstage cuz i havent got there Americana VHS or Huck It Dvd yet.

offspringjon
09-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Greg is usually the least mobile member of the band, apart from Atom who can't actually move. He usually stands in one place and does a really cool dance thing. I saw Noodles laugh when he did that. ( I went on Friday ) Fucking awesome gig. 3rd time I've seen them and its the best they've been

T-6005
09-19-2005, 04:27 PM
Greg DID something?!?!

my esteem
09-19-2005, 04:33 PM
i went on the scond night and i thaught it was the best gig i have ever been to , shame that wanker spoiled self esteem with the shoe dose anyone know if that gigs going out on cd or dvd?

*danni*
09-21-2005, 12:31 PM
those supposrt bands were crap i hav to admit but it just made me laff! i was in the middle of making out with some one and we bothed laughed when they said "and our next song is called zombies....versus sharks" lol how crappy! :eek: luv danni xXx

sitdyneshelagh
09-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Ohmylyfe! How the fuck did I miss GREG MOVING!!!! I WAS AT THAT GIG. Which song was that during?

bugalooga
09-21-2005, 04:10 PM
yeh i went to brixton on the saturday night and actually fell asleep at the back of the hall against the rear balcony on the seated section through the support bands cos they were that shit, my mate even had to wake me up before offspring came on, come on though "BRAINS" what sort of crap do u call that, but just for the reord offspring were fucking great, go noodles u little wreck head!!!!!

Pilau
09-22-2005, 05:48 AM
Ohmylyfe! How the fuck did I miss GREG MOVING!!!! I WAS AT THAT GIG. Which song was that during?

It was the encore during the intro of Pay The Man.

satrap
09-23-2005, 10:42 AM
dam i missed it too =@ the lights were dim and it was too smokey to see much during the intro to pay the man from where i was standing :P

Idiot
09-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Thanks to Martin, I uploaded 10 videos from this concert, now online at:

www.offspringbootlegs.co.uk/video/brixton05

nameless
09-28-2005, 03:29 PM
thanks, will check them out!

DiZaRsTa
10-02-2005, 11:32 AM
I was there! Holy cow, it fucking rocked! The first two bands kinda sucked, but it was worth sitting through.

Setlist for 17th Sept, Brixton Academy

Americana
All I Want
Come Out And Play
Can't Repeat
Long Way Home
Genocide
Gone Away
Have You Ever
Bad Habit
Gotta Get Away
Want You Bad
Hit That
Why Don't You Get A Job
Staring At The Sun
What Happened To You
Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
The Kids Aren't Alright
--
Pay The Man
Can't Get My Head Around You
Self Esteem

It was great. Especially when Noodles and Dexter were talking about last night's audience being the dog's bollocks and we being the whole fucking dog. T'was incredible. Greg's l.e.d frets came on during his bass solo wheheh!
Oh my god!, I've only just found this but fuck that was a good concert,
I was on the right of the stage about 4 rows back standing inline with noods
it was so good dexter threw something up and me and another guy like wrestled to get it i got half in the end but it was from Dexter which was realy cool
Any way thank's you guys for making the concert so good
Peace :p offspring!