PDA

View Full Version : has there ever?

Megs
09-18-2005, 09:13 AM
been a song you've really wanted to play, but upon trying, gave up in disgust at not being able to pick it up straight away?

killer_queen
09-18-2005, 09:16 AM
Yes there has. It was my second year with piano and the song was Killer Queen. I gave up and waited. Two years later I tried it again. Now it's my favourite song to play.

Megs
09-18-2005, 09:22 AM
i'm just having severe problems with roulette by SOAD, cos i just don't have the patience to work it out

killer_queen
09-18-2005, 09:24 AM
Well, I don't want to brag but it's about the talent honey. If you're not talented just don't push it hard. You have to learn to be patient.

Megs
09-18-2005, 09:26 AM
i only just started trying to play it ten minutes ago. then i gave up, now i've picked my guitar back up and worked out the first two lines :P

China Boy
09-18-2005, 09:46 AM
I'm getting really frustrated with The Number Of The Beast by Iron Maiden.

0r4ng3
09-18-2005, 09:49 AM
The solo from The Kids Aren't Alright is much more difficult than it lets on.

Megs
09-18-2005, 09:53 AM
i think Punky Dudess can play the kids aren't allright on the piano...

0r4ng3
09-18-2005, 09:53 AM
The intro? So can I.

China Boy
09-18-2005, 09:55 AM
The solo from The Kids Aren't Alright is much more difficult than it lets on.
I don't think it's that hard. And I'm a newbie at guitar.

Megs
09-18-2005, 10:14 AM
never tried playing it to be honest

TheUnholyNightbringer
09-18-2005, 10:15 AM
One, by Metallica. I still can't play it.

Jebus
09-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Joe Satriani - Always With You, Always with Me has been bothering for months. I was attempting it for a while but then I gave up for a couple months. I just got back to it a week ago and I finally kind of got the part that was giving me trouble.

coke_a_holic
09-18-2005, 08:30 PM
It's not so much about being talented as it is being really patient. The only songs I really have trouble with now are the really long ones that only sound right if you play them fast enough. I just can never get them right, and it's not fun. Practicing a lot and coming back to it helps too, but I think just working at it slowly is the best way to go.

Jebus
09-18-2005, 08:46 PM
The only songs I really have trouble with now are the really long ones that only sound right if you play them fast enough.
Troof...Everything that I want to play is way too freaken fast for me.
---
I haven't really been learning music as much as I've been practicing playing scales and chromatics up and down the fretboard lately. It's boring as fuck. It has improved my skill/speed a bunch but it doesn't help much when playing songs with difficult phrasing.

bongathon
09-18-2005, 08:47 PM
Joe Satriani - Always With You, Always with Me has been bothering for months. I was attempting it for a while but then I gave up for a couple months. I just got back to it a week ago and I finally kind of got the part that was giving me trouble.

Thats awsome that you can play stuff by him, you must be really good!

I've actually met him, he lives in really to me.

coke_a_holic
09-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Troof...Everything that I want to play is way too freaken fast for me.
---
I haven't really been learning music as much as I've been practicing playing scales and chromatics up and down the fretboard lately. It's boring as fuck. It has improved my skill/speed a bunch but it doesn't help much when playing songs with difficult phrasing.
Yeah, I'd rather learn scales than songs. I don't know why, but learning songs other people wrote feels boring now. I prefer making my own things up in really easy scales. I've been messing with augmented scales just to try something that sounds different. My friends hate it so much because it's not very melodic.

Jebus
09-18-2005, 09:20 PM
Thats awsome that you can play stuff by him, you must be really good!
Haha, I'm not good at all! It's his easiest song and most it is pretty slow. There's only like 3 fast parts of it pwn my ass.

I've actually met him, he lives in really to me.
You mean he lives close to you?

Yeah, I'd rather learn scales than songs. I don't know why, but learning songs other people wrote feels boring now. I prefer making my own things up in really easy scales. I've been messing with augmented scales just to try something that sounds different. My friends hate it so much because it's not very melodic.
Well, at the moment I'm playing scales strictly for practice so it'll help me play those really fast songs but it'll be useful once I start learning some improv. Today I was able to play(somewhat sloppily) chromatics at 250 bpm in 16ths. :cool: I know I'll never be able to use it in real music but it still makes me feel good.

My friends hate it so much because it's not very melodic.
I hate those people.