Make a thread
Make A Poll
Types of threads
Locked/Deleted/Merged/ and Moved Threads
Administrators
Moderators
Terms used in forums
Ending

How to register- Go to the "Register Button" on the top of the page, enter required information, Check your email and click the link provided to activate your account. Now you must login, Type in the username and password you picked during registration (and click the little "Remember me box") to login. Now you can edit your profile,make threads, and post away!

Profile - will take you to that person's info page(where they're from...etc) You change your profile (while logged in) by clicking your "Profile" button at the top of the page.

PM - "Private Message" send that person a "For your eyes only" message.

Email - Send an email to that person's "Home" email account

WWW - Will take you that person's website (if they have one)

"YM" or "MSM" - these people have either Yahoo Messenger or MSN Messenger for online chatting

Thread- Is where you go to post, for example. IN the Forum "General Chat" go to the thread "Say whatever's on your mind" to post.

Poll- This is a normal thread but with a poll added. Click your choice and click the vote button, you can also post in the poll/thread.

How to post- Go to any thread anywhere, go to the last page of the thread, click the quote button to reply to someone, or the Post reply button to just post.

To get back to the Index- There might be a logo on the top of the page you can click on, you can use your browsers "back" button.

Make a thread- Go to section, scroll down to bottom of page, and find the "Post thread button"

Making a Poll- When making a thread at the bottom there is the option to "post poll with thread" now you can add the poll's choices and the topic of the thread.

Types of threads- There are a couple different kinds of threads, a sticky thread is one that will always be at the top of the forum, It cant move, and an announcement thread is kinda obvious.

Locked/deleted/merge/and moved threads- These can only be done by mods and administrators, threads can be combined together (merged) and moved to a different part of teh forum altogether.

Administrators- The administrator/s are the supreme rulers of the forum, they can lock, delete, merge threads, and move them to a different location. Through The administrator Control Panel they have many options, they can ban users making it so they cannot enter the forums) and many other possibilities....

Moderators- Second highest Rank in the forum, they can Lock, move, merge, and delete threads. APM -s well as delete posts and make Sticky and Announcement threads.

Terms used in forums- A spammer is someone who is annoying and posts random shit, everyone hates idiot spammers. Dont de one. Pwned, Gamer Talk for OWNED. If you get treated badly you are Pwned by another person.
Mods, short for moderators, and Admin. is short for administrator.

Thank you if you read all this, with all this knowledge now you will be a respected member of the forum society. Remember to post considering the topic of the thread and Try not to be a spammer, post often and post wisely.

(sorry about the Bolding HTML)

Megs
09-18-2005, 11:25 AM
that you are an idiot for writing all that down?

thisplacesucks
09-18-2005, 11:28 AM
why does all of this have to be written down? it would take longer to read that than to figure it all out.

Conspiracy of One
09-18-2005, 11:29 AM
why does all of this have to be written down? it would take longer to read that than to figure it all out.
Yeah, thats true. But for all the idiots who ask the most questions they can refer to that.

Megs
09-18-2005, 11:32 AM
and how far down would they have to scroll, and how hard would they have to look to find the answer?

TheUnholyNightbringer
09-18-2005, 11:40 AM
I edited it so it was actually Bold where it was supposed to be.

The Darkside Has Cookies
09-18-2005, 11:41 AM
*sings a tune* "WATCH THE FIRE AND FILL YOUR LUNGS WITH SMOKE FOR THE LAST TIME,IF YOU FEEL LIKE DYING YOU MIGHT WANNA SING,YOU MIGHT WANNA SING HEHE.YOU MIGHT WANNA SING HAHA SING!!!! YOU MIGHT WANNA SING!!! YOU MIGHT WANNA SING OR SCREAM THIS!!!!"

Megs
09-18-2005, 11:42 AM
good idea. without it, god knows who would be able to read the damned thing

Conspiracy of One
09-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Thanks dave, yeah I typed it up on myspace so thats why it had the <b>