PDA

View Full Version : I love how Offspring has progressed through the years

serrated_edge16
09-18-2005, 10:52 PM
To be honest with you, I really don't like Ignition and their first album a whole lot. I liked a few songs on Ignition, such as; Burn it up, We Are One, and Dirty Magic(the acoustic version is awesome). But I love Smash, it's their second best album, in my opnion. I loved the punk vibe coming from it, and I could really relate to their lyrics.

Then Ixnay on the Hombre comes out, and I'm sorely dissapointed. I realy didnt like the album as much as I thought I was going to. The only worthy songs were The meaning of Life, Cool to Hate, Gone Away, and All I want, although I did enjoy Amazed. Though I did like how they were trying some things new, and it still was a good album, just not as good as Smash.

Then Americana came, and I loooved the album, the whole CD was amazing, imo. They matured alot in that album since Ixnay, which I was glad to see. Then Conspiracy of One came out, and it became my favorite Offspring album ever. They sounded no longer punk rock, they sounded like an alternative band, or a 'new age punk' as I'd like to call it. But I still loved it, and couldnt wait for Splinter.

For splinter, it seemed like it was a mix between Co1 and Ixnay. Some of their songs had some really dark and deep meanings, while others were plain stupid, albiet quite funny. I still liked the album alot, and I am psyched for the new one. And I can undestand why some people would think theyre a poppish band, but I still like them when they can sound like that. To all those who think that, listen to Smash, and the song Da Hui(i love it).
They've progressed nicely, and theyve stayed around longer than any other punk rock band like them, well at least I think(its 3 am, hard to remeber things).

oh and how did Splinter and Greatest Hits fare on the sales charts?

Theres the end of my rant, and to those who payed attention, probly very few, what do you think? Do you agree?

thanks for your time

.:SMASH:.
09-19-2005, 03:32 AM
To be honest with you, I really don't like Ignition and their first album a whole lot. I liked a few songs on Ignition, such as; Burn it up, We Are One, and Dirty Magic(the acoustic version is awesome). But I love Smash, it's their second best album, in my opnion. I loved the punk vibe coming from it, and I could really relate to their lyrics.

Then Ixnay on the Hombre comes out, and I'm sorely dissapointed. I realy didnt like the album as much as I thought I was going to. The only worthy songs were The meaning of Life, Cool to Hate, Gone Away, and All I want, although I did enjoy Amazed. Though I did like how they were trying some things new, and it still was a good album, just not as good as Smash.

Then Americana came, and I loooved the album, the whole CD was amazing, imo. They matured alot in that album since Ixnay, which I was glad to see. Then Conspiracy of One came out, and it became my favorite Offspring album ever. They sounded no longer punk rock, they sounded like an alternative band, or a 'new age punk' as I'd like to call it. But I still loved it, and couldnt wait for Splinter.

For splinter, it seemed like it was a mix between Co1 and Ixnay. Some of their songs had some really dark and deep meanings, while others were plain stupid, albiet quite funny. I still liked the album alot, and I am psyched for the new one. And I can undestand why some people would think theyre a poppish band, but I still like them when they can sound like that. To all those who think that, listen to Smash, and the song Da Hui(i love it).
They've progressed nicely, and theyve stayed around longer than any other punk rock band like them, well at least I think(its 3 am, hard to remeber things).

oh and how did Splinter and Greatest Hits fare on the sales charts?

Theres the end of my rant, and to those who payed attention, probly very few, what do you think? Do you agree?

thanks for your time
you got a lot to type buddy. here in australia GH was number 4 on the top 30 albums. i dont know what it is now though... i think like you except for the sorely dissapointment in ixnay. ixnay was and is gr8. do not diss it. plz?

platinumpt
09-19-2005, 03:49 AM
I only agree with you in a few points:

-I like the way the Offspring progressed through the years;
-CO1 is my favorite album.

But ixnay is awesome, listen to it more carefully! And the first two albums are very good too, with awesome lyrics.

SkyRocker
09-19-2005, 04:08 AM
Woaw, loads of words...
They progressed really well, by finding new ways of making music. I personally like the whole Offspring stuff. Maybe more recents albums, which don't prevent me from being addicted to TKAA and Ixnay.

RobinoZombie
09-19-2005, 08:48 AM
i think they have progressed very well, but i have too say that ixnay is my favorite, funny how people doesnt notice that they started "mixing it up" on that album, what if some of those songs would have been a big hit as "pretty fly" then people would call offspring sell outs for ixnay, at least in my opinion

Livewireguitarfire
09-19-2005, 08:50 AM
progress to the aging decrped old middle aged me they are

Mentally_Challenged
09-19-2005, 08:51 AM
I like the variety of sounds they've produced over the years, but how can you not like Ignition and S/T?! They're the best albums they've made. =/

irishpunkrockgirl
09-19-2005, 08:54 AM
my opinion is ixnay is the best..or smash

Livewireguitarfire
09-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Australian is my favourite album favourite track

'have you ever.... had sex with an animal at a zoo"

nameless
09-19-2005, 02:52 PM
conspiracy of one is my least favourite album! they never seem to play many songs from it live! want you bad was the only one last time!

serrated_edge16
09-19-2005, 05:00 PM
I mean Ixnay is still a good album, but it still was a dissapointment to me.

My favorite song on that album is Amazed, I can truly relate to it.

Total_immortal
09-19-2005, 05:10 PM
I like the variety of sounds they've produced over the years, but how can you not like Ignition and S/T?! They're the best albums they've made. =/

word!

and how can you not like ixnay on the hombre neither???? that album also rocks!!

Funky Donkey
09-20-2005, 12:12 PM
I like some of the newer stuff as well, not tosay that the old stuff is bad but I have to say that I was not really into most of the Self-Titited album except for Beheaded I like the newer albums better.

Carlyumz
09-20-2005, 12:21 PM
i thought s/t was only okay, i mean some good songs but doesn't compare to the others, i think with the albums they just got better and better liked ignition alot (love kick him when he's down n dirty magic) loved smash and loved nearly everything on ixnay (amazed is my fave song on there too! with gone away close 2nd) then i actually liked americana, not as much as ixnay but i didn't think it was bad (with exceptions, hated pretty fly and not because it was a big hit not at all, just because i thought it was shite, bt hey thats just me!) Conspiracy was very good aswell and splinter was a bit of a disapointment, but im still glad i have it.

Sorry thats my nice boring opinion, i personally don't see why people say they got worse from smash they just changed slightly i mean if they did exactly the same music and exactly the same type of songs/music then everyone would criticise and say that each album sounds exactly the same!

Yeah, anyone who actually read all of that, i'm impressed :p

platinumpt
09-20-2005, 12:33 PM
i thought s/t was only okay, i mean some good songs but doesn't compare to the others, i think with the albums they just got better and better liked ignition alot (love kick him when he's down n dirty magic) loved smash and loved nearly everything on ixnay (amazed is my fave song on there too! with gone away close 2nd) then i actually liked americana, not as much as ixnay but i didn't think it was bad (with exceptions, hated pretty fly and not because it was a big hit not at all, just because i thought it was shite, bt hey thats just me!) Conspiracy was very good aswell and splinter was a bit of a disapointment, but im still glad i have it.

Sorry thats my nice boring opinion, i personally don't see why people say they got worse from smash they just changed slightly i mean if they did exactly the same music and exactly the same type of songs/music then everyone would criticise and say that each album sounds exactly the same!

Yeah, anyone who actually read all of that, i'm impressed :p
I've seen (and wrote) bigger than that :p

Carlyumz
09-20-2005, 12:50 PM
yeah i know me too but generally the stuff written is more interesting or makes a greater point :p

platinumpt
09-20-2005, 01:02 PM
yeah i know me too but generally the stuff written is more interesting or makes a greater point :p
Now don't say that, to be honest I related a lot to your opinion. One of my favs is CO1, I love ignition too, and Splinter was a bit disappointing.

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
09-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Well, everybody has theire own meaning about the albums and songs. I think all of their albums are great and I just love the lyrics (mostly on IOTH) that's what I think.