PDA

View Full Version : Any1 who went 2 The saturday Brixton Gig Look Here!!!!

Andy-OffspringRock
09-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Hiya!!!!!!!!!!! omg how awsome were offspring ????????? they were actually amazing by far the best gig iv eve bin 2! yer i just wanted 2 talk 2 sum of the ppl that went really so if u went then send me a messgae cos there were sum cool ppl in the crowd but i was 2 busy enjoy the amazin music!!!!! i was second row right in the center! was any1 else around that area????

Andy :)

Gadget
09-19-2005, 04:01 PM
Yes - I was there! Third row center. I didn't have the lungs to get closer nor the shoes, as one was forcibly removed by a sweaty, sweaty man with no shirt. He was like some crazy moshing eel.

AND I managed to blag it to VIP and had a bit of a natter with Noodles. He gave me some of his Jagermeister. Top bloke. :D

nameless
09-19-2005, 04:04 PM
i was there on the first night but on the second night the two stations nearest me were closed so i had to travel to the next one meaning i arrived very late! got quite near the front still, but not as close as id have liked!

Dantai
09-19-2005, 04:07 PM
now dont get me wrong i love the offspring they have an always will be my fav band ever but that gig was terrible, the sound qaulity was really bad as well as the lighting an i didnt like the setlist that much americana wasnt a strong opener i think neocon an the noose should return

it was alright though ive never see the offspring that close before me an my mates expected to much :-s

nameless
09-19-2005, 04:13 PM
now dont get me wrong i love the offspring they have an always will be my fav band ever but that gig was terrible, the sound qaulity was really bad as well as the lighting an i didnt like the setlist that much americana wasnt a strong opener i think neocon an the noose should return

it was alright though ive never see the offspring that close before me an my mates expected to much :-s

i think americana worked well, neocon was a good opener when i saw them before but i like the fact they mixed it up!

Gadget
09-19-2005, 04:19 PM
I agree on the sound - 'pparently Friday sounded much better. Was a shame it messed up on the night. Also, I think playing All I Want second was a bit of a mistake, I barely had a single broken rib when it came on.

Still - it was a great night out.

(Does anyone know who threw that shoe?)

eddster
09-19-2005, 04:25 PM
yeah there was a post on here from the person who through asking how they could get there shoe back.

i cant beieve they through it

Gadget
09-19-2005, 05:58 PM
He's actually in another thread - wow.

Okay, if I can only find the guy who kicked me in the head three times on the trot whilst crowd-surfing, I'll be impressed.

Dantai
09-20-2005, 05:45 AM
i think americana worked well, neocon was a good opener when i saw them before but i like the fact they mixed it up!

yeah you cant blame them for mixing it up they played bad habit every gig since 1994 then they did neocon for the splinter tour so yeah i agree

lovelldr
09-20-2005, 09:57 AM
as someone else said, sound wasn't brilliant. was much better when I went to wembley...

although, it was a good concert, and the setlist was top notch in my opinion ... only thing missing (as per usual) was the fact there was no pre-smash songs playing...

Hopefully they'll get it sorted for the next tour :)

Apart from that, a great night, and excellent concert!

Dantai
09-20-2005, 05:19 PM
i actually liked the sound at wembley tis unique lol

as for pre smash stuff ... sorry man thats impossible cos most ppl wont know it ... fuck them! us lot want ignition smash an ixnay stuff lol

Dex90
09-21-2005, 07:34 AM
itll never sound that great if ure so close to the front...i was near the mixer and i could see, hear and mosh perfectly.. it was awesome!

lovelldr
09-23-2005, 02:52 PM
i actually liked the sound at wembley tis unique lol

as for pre smash stuff ... sorry man thats impossible cos most ppl wont know it ... fuck them! us lot want ignition smash an ixnay stuff lol

don't forget the self titled....

But yeah, who gives a shit about them ... would give the offspring time to educate them about the good music!!!