PDA

View Full Version : Pancake Mountain

nieh
09-19-2005, 04:43 PM
I just heard about this show yesterday and holy hell is it awesome! It's a local children's show in the Washington D.C. area (out of my range unfortunately) where they have all sorts of alternative music folks on it constantly. They have the Evens playing an original song about VOWELS. That's Ian McKaye (Minor Threat, Fugazi) singing a CHILDREN'S SONG about VOWELS. They have Henry Rollins arguing with a puppet. They have Ted Leo playing "Wheels on the Bus" before playing one of his own songs. They have interviews with George Clinton where they ask him "so where did you park the mothership?", they interview the band the Presidents of the United States of America which is...predictable but still fun. I wish this show existed when I was a kid. Hell, I wish I could get it on my tv NOW, but it's still only on public broadcasting down in DC from what I know. I hope this show takes off cause it would be such a nice change of pace to the stupid fluff they have kids growing up on nowadays.

www.pancakemountain.com

Endymion
09-19-2005, 05:38 PM
i've heard about it in relation to ian mckaye before, but that's it.

TheUnholyNightbringer
09-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Haha, the Scissor Sisters thing was great.

"YAAAAY!"

nieh
09-19-2005, 06:11 PM
I was surprised that they used a Hush Puppy puppet in that Scissor Sisters thing. Are those characters free game now that the lady that owned them died?

coke_a_holic
09-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Suddenly I realize why I have been cast into this town.

nieh
09-19-2005, 06:47 PM
You have to tape all the episodes and send me copies of them now.

coke_a_holic
09-19-2005, 07:36 PM
I wish I could tape it, but I don't have a working VCR in my house; all I have is my PS2 to watch dvds on.